Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sterling 12:41 - May 21 with 3043 viewszxcvbnm

So his agent comes out and says, he won’t sign for Liverpool even at 800/900k a week.

I’d love Liverpool to say - stuff you, see out your contract and rot in the reserves for two years. Won’t happen - Sterling’s not going to come out of this looking good

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Sterling on 13:27 - May 21 with 2953 views100notout

Am I right in thinking he was offered a new contract in the Autumn last year at £100k per week compared to the 'meagre' £35k he is reported to be on at the moment?

Thats c£2million of income he's lost out on already. His agent is not acting in his best interests imho

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Sterling on 13:39 - May 21 with 2920 viewsdingdangblue

Sterling on 13:27 - May 21 by 100notout

Am I right in thinking he was offered a new contract in the Autumn last year at £100k per week compared to the 'meagre' £35k he is reported to be on at the moment?

Thats c£2million of income he's lost out on already. His agent is not acting in his best interests imho

But Sterling said he wants to win titles, champions leagues - as much as all the ex Liverpool pundits say its all about the money I dont think it is. Why didn't Suarez stay? - thats looking a real bad move! Anyway didn't the Scousers nick him from QPR for 600k? They didn't mind him leaving there!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Sterling on 15:01 - May 21 with 2822 viewsSuddenLad

Sterling doesn't need a new club. He needs a new agent before he becomes a pariah.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Sterling on 15:53 - May 21 with 2778 viewsrochdaleriddler

sterling isnt that great,Liverpool will do well to shift him for a big fee and replace him with Paddy

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Sterling on 16:03 - May 21 with 2759 viewsSuddenLad

Liverpool have now cancelled the scheduled meeting with Sterling, due to be held tomorrow.

They should make an example of him if the attitude attributed to him actually comes from him and not his agent. It's time the 'tail stopped trying to wag the dog' and these employees were made to face up to their legally binding contracts.

Sterling on 16:13 - May 21 with 2734 viewsjav14

QPR will be rubbing their hands. They're set to make £12M of any sale. That will help to pay their FFP fine

If memory serves me right, didn't Anelka's agent act like a total @rse when he played for Arsenal?.
Sterling on 16:15 - May 21 with 2728 viewsdingdangblue

Sterling on 16:03 - May 21 by SuddenLad

Liverpool have now cancelled the scheduled meeting with Sterling, due to be held tomorrow.

They should make an example of him if the attitude attributed to him actually comes from him and not his agent. It's time the 'tail stopped trying to wag the dog' and these employees were made to face up to their legally binding contracts.

What exactly has he done to break his current contract?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Sterling on 16:19 - May 21 with 2716 viewsSuddenLad

Sterling on 16:15 - May 21 by dingdangblue

What exactly has he done to break his current contract?

He is contracted to Liverpool Club. He should be made to honour the contract for as long as it is valid.

Login to get fewer ads

Sterling on 16:25 - May 21 with 2701 viewsdingdangblue

Sterling on 16:19 - May 21 by SuddenLad

He is contracted to Liverpool Club. He should be made to honour the contract for as long as it is valid.

So Liverpool will be happy if he sees out his 2 years then leaves? As far as I'm aware so far he has just told them he's not signing a new contract.

Sterling on 16:41 - May 21 with 2671 viewsdavidab2202

Has the potential to be a top class footballer of that there is little doubt, but do wonder whilst understanding his desire to add medals in his career if he gets his move to almost any of the teams who are allegedly in for him I feel that he will struggle to be in their starting line ups on the strength of many of his performances during the last season
Still think he will be on the move somewhere though.
Sterling on 16:51 - May 21 with 2656 viewsSuddenLad

Sterling on 16:25 - May 21 by dingdangblue

So Liverpool will be happy if he sees out his 2 years then leaves? As far as I'm aware so far he has just told them he's not signing a new contract.

He says (or his agent does) that he will be leaving in the summer. Liverpool should stand firm and make him see out his contract.

Sterling on 17:01 - May 21 with 2633 viewsAtThePeake

Sterling has been bang average for Liverpool this season, but with Gerrard (their top scorer in the league) leaving, Sturridge set to miss the start of the season, Balotelli and Borini struggling for form, a massive gap still left by Suarez, and now possibly Sterling not there, they have to be careful here

They will have to invest heavily and perhaps start the season with a whole new frontline, which is hardly ideal - and is difficult to do without CL football to attract players.
[Post edited 21 May 2015 17:21]

Tangled up in blue.

Sterling on 18:06 - May 21 with 2547 viewsHopwoodblue

Sterling on 13:27 - May 21 by 100notout

FIFA. Should make the maximum wage 50k a week and under 21 it should be £5k
I know it's only a short career but there is enough there to put away for a rainy day.
They also have the own deals with Nike,Adidas and the likes let the agents do the deals
With them and leave the footballing side alone. You would soon see a whole lot better
Premiership as it would be down to managing and not how much money you had.
The top players would be more spread out and there could be half the premiership challenging
For a top four slot.
The biggest thing is maybe people might start to have some respect for these so called superstars.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Sterling on 18:14 - May 21 with 2535 viewsAtThePeake

Sterling on 18:06 - May 21 by Hopwoodblue

FIFA. Should make the maximum wage 50k a week and under 21 it should be £5k
I know it's only a short career but there is enough there to put away for a rainy day.
They also have the own deals with Nike,Adidas and the likes let the agents do the deals
With them and leave the footballing side alone. You would soon see a whole lot better
Premiership as it would be down to managing and not how much money you had.
The top players would be more spread out and there could be half the premiership challenging
For a top four slot.
The biggest thing is maybe people might start to have some respect for these so called superstars.

If 50k is the limit and everyone in the league can offer it, then players will join the best team, rather than the team with the most money to offer - so how would that make it more fair?

The best teams would have even more of a monopoly on the best players it wouldn't make it more even at all. It would've stopped the likes of Chelsea and City rising up to challenge for the title and without those two teams it would be between United and Arsenal every single year.

Tangled up in blue.

Sterling on 18:45 - May 21 with 2498 views49thseason

Needs a fooking good kick in the slatts.
[Post edited 21 May 2015 18:46]
Sterling on 16:29 - May 22 with 2271 viewspioneer

Sterling on 18:14 - May 21 by AtThePeake

If 50k is the limit and everyone in the league can offer it, then players will join the best team, rather than the team with the most money to offer - so how would that make it more fair?

The best teams would have even more of a monopoly on the best players it wouldn't make it more even at all. It would've stopped the likes of Chelsea and City rising up to challenge for the title and without those two teams it would be between United and Arsenal every single year.

A maximum wage would not stand up in court (look up George Eastham on wikipedia) - the alternative approach that some sporting leagues use (and is sort of the basis for the FFP arrangements) is a total salary cap on each team - teams then are left to incur the consequences of paying out a ridiculous salary on one or two players by having less room left for others.

I am still not clear as to how this seems to survive legally since in principle it still imposes a maximum on any individual (eg if a team wanted to pay say Messi more than the teams entire salary cap), but I suppose that is unlikely to be a real world case.

Lets face it, probably none of us work under conditions of legally binding maximum wage so why should footballers? The problem is owners who cannot control their own financial urges and stand up to players and their agents.
Sterling on 21:27 - May 22 with 2174 viewsKenBoon

I've never understood the maximum wage argument. Football Clubs are privately owned (mostly) companies. Premier League games generate something stupid like £12,000,000+ per game, so you'd expect the players involved would be well paid. The suggestion that prices would come down with lower wages is nonsense. It's supply and demand. If 60,000 people at Arsenal are willing to pay the price, than that price will stick. It's the same for any club. All it'll mean is bigger dividends for the suits.

Sterling is free to play where he wants. If he moves on and backs it up by winning stuff then well done to him. Liverpool won't win the League any time soon, especially with Stevie Me's shadow now hanging over them.
Sterling on 10:50 - May 23 with 2067 viewstazzydjr

Raheem Sherling use to be a decent Footballer before he let his ego get to him now he's the most overrated thing to kick a ball and gets tired in a England Jersey an successful version of Grimes

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Sterling on 11:57 - May 23 with 2015 viewsdingdangblue

Sterling on 10:50 - May 23 by tazzydjr

Raheem Sherling use to be a decent Footballer before he let his ego get to him now he's the most overrated thing to kick a ball and gets tired in a England Jersey an successful version of Grimes

Agreed, he's finished at 20, Liverpool will be lucky to get any decent offers for him.

Sterling on 12:38 - May 23 with 1997 viewsSJE_Dale

I don't see how Sterling owes any major loyalty to Liverpool. I understand that they gave him his break but if he feels that he will have a better career elsewhere then thats up to him. He's not a Liverpool fan or is he a local boy. Granted money will come into it but thats no fault of Sterling's surely thats down to the bosses willing to offer it. But then again, i'd struggle to find someone who wouldn't up their pay for the same job they currently do.

The only gripe I have with this is that Sterling is believing his own hype. Good player but not bigger than Liverpool and would find himself on rotation at most of the big clubs which at this time in his career is never a good thing.
Sterling on 12:48 - May 23 with 1985 viewsmilly

Some are happy being on the bench or left out of the matchday squad if they are getting a good salary.Logan seemed happy with it at Leicester until eventually they dont offer him a new contract.Had he put playing against a decent wage he could have been an established keeper by now.
Sterling on 14:49 - May 23 with 1931 viewsolympicdale

Yet another English youngster who thinks they're brilliant before they've made it, believing the hype and all the trip his agent is no doubt spouting to him, I've no sympathy with Sterling.

Life is a game of fate.

Sterling on 15:57 - May 23 with 1899 viewsAtThePeake

Sterling on 12:48 - May 23 by milly

Some are happy being on the bench or left out of the matchday squad if they are getting a good salary.Logan seemed happy with it at Leicester until eventually they dont offer him a new contract.Had he put playing against a decent wage he could have been an established keeper by now.

An established keeper with a lot less money.

I know which I'd rather be.

Tangled up in blue.

Sterling on 16:01 - May 23 with 1897 viewsmilly

Sterling on 15:57 - May 23 by AtThePeake

An established keeper with a lot less money.

I know which I'd rather be.

Yes,but my point is,he may by now have attracted interest from the bigger clubs had he dropped down a league or two to establish himself.My initial point meant he was happy not playing but still getting a good wage.Now they are ridding him,im sure he will need to take a pay cut.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024