Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? 06:38 - May 23 with 6860 viewsmikehunt

Let's face it, we waited all season for them to fall on their backsides - which so nearly happened. Yet it seems their sh1t or bust approach has paid off. And having worked once I fear more sh1t will be be tossed around. And if they come good again.....? The prospect sickens me.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 16:12 - May 24 with 1201 viewsshake_it_all_about

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 15:57 - May 24 by SJE_Dale

I'm not quite sure how becoming a sustainable business correlates so well with being successful on the pitch. Pumping money in the club like that surely isn't sustainable. Surely what's sustainable is creating money around the club that will be a constant stream of income. Something which Bury aren't really doing, they're just spending money which isn't theirs.

Agreed but putting money into the youth set up and constantly looking to develop and then sell on home-grown talent didn't exactly do Crewe any harm. Our board do seem to be trying and although i'm fairly sceptical they have put forward some logical plans such as building a new social club incorporated into the main stand, building executive boxes above the Cemetery End stand etc, which could all provide further revenue if done correctly and not half-arsed. The problem is that these are just suggestions at the moment and nothing has actually started, which is why Bury fans such as myself are sceptical. The credit facility to SD is of course a huge worry but I fail to see what the fans can do apart from cross our fingers that it doesn't go tits up in a few years.
Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 16:15 - May 24 with 1185 viewsshake_it_all_about

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 16:09 - May 24 by TVOS1907

The word 'hope' appears a lot in there.

All we can do at the moment aside from enjoy the ride.
Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 16:20 - May 24 with 1156 viewsSJE_Dale

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 16:12 - May 24 by shake_it_all_about

Agreed but putting money into the youth set up and constantly looking to develop and then sell on home-grown talent didn't exactly do Crewe any harm. Our board do seem to be trying and although i'm fairly sceptical they have put forward some logical plans such as building a new social club incorporated into the main stand, building executive boxes above the Cemetery End stand etc, which could all provide further revenue if done correctly and not half-arsed. The problem is that these are just suggestions at the moment and nothing has actually started, which is why Bury fans such as myself are sceptical. The credit facility to SD is of course a huge worry but I fail to see what the fans can do apart from cross our fingers that it doesn't go tits up in a few years.

I think it's difficult for you to compare what's going on at Bury to Crewe. Their system has been built over a number of years. Again, say all these grandiose plans come into fruition in the next 5 years by which time Bury might well be closing in on 8 millions pounds worth of debt. They were then need to start making a profit and to do that they would have to stall themselves on the pitch front with regards to getting to the championship.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024