Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Barnsley Game's Corners 06:46 - May 23 with 1291 viewsmikehunt

There is, maybe, some mileage in adopting that corner routine of theirs, that so bamboozled us.: where they all clustered around the penalty spot then broke out in different directions when the corner was taken (well that's how it looked to me)
Adopt it and learn to defend it. Could win us some games, that.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

That Barnsley Game's Corners on 08:33 - May 23 with 1232 views442Dale

Yeah, it was an obvious tactic but there can't be much argument about its results.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

That Barnsley Game's Corners on 09:09 - May 23 with 1186 viewsdingdangblue

We'd negate it by hitting the defender at the front post.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

That Barnsley Game's Corners on 09:13 - May 23 with 1174 viewsdingdangblue

Talking of corners, the one we used to do where we'd hit it low to Craig Dawson to smash in 1st time, we scored away at Notts Co and Hartlepool with it. I'm sure Hendo could play the Dawson roll if we tried it again. It amazes me that something that worked under Hill previously hasn't been tried since Craig Dawson left.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

That Barnsley Game's Corners on 09:19 - May 23 with 1170 viewsDaley_Lama

MK Dons tactic of both CH's going either side of the box when their goalie had the ball, allowing the two full backs to push up to half way worked fine against us too.

Close down the defenders, goalie goes long to the full-backs. Don't close down the defenders, ball gets rolled out to them.

Poll: DF in or out

That Barnsley Game's Corners on 15:55 - May 23 with 996 viewsWhiteyBFC

It was brought in by Burton and Heckingbottom in their short caretakership. And LJ continued with it. It was used by Forest regularly under Cloughie.

It paid off brilliantly against you lot, but I think that was more down to your poor defending if I'm honest, because we didn't get much joy doing it in most of the other games. Often, the ref blew up for an infringement as the ball was whipped in.

In fact, we scored more goals from corners before using that tactic.

Someone added them up last season on our forum, think we scored more goals from corners this season just gone, than we did in the last 5 seasons combined.

Reason?

Hourihane.

That little grouped together tactic is canny though, I liked it. Certainly confuses the opposition.
That Barnsley Game's Corners on 15:59 - May 23 with 991 viewsAtThePeake

That Barnsley Game's Corners on 09:13 - May 23 by dingdangblue

Talking of corners, the one we used to do where we'd hit it low to Craig Dawson to smash in 1st time, we scored away at Notts Co and Hartlepool with it. I'm sure Hendo could play the Dawson roll if we tried it again. It amazes me that something that worked under Hill previously hasn't been tried since Craig Dawson left.

We haven't tried hitting corners low towards the front post in Hill's second spell?

That's all Rose ever does with his corners!

Tangled up in blue.

That Barnsley Game's Corners on 18:41 - May 23 with 933 viewsdingdangblue

That Barnsley Game's Corners on 15:59 - May 23 by AtThePeake

We haven't tried hitting corners low towards the front post in Hill's second spell?

That's all Rose ever does with his corners!

The one successful with Dawson was played more towards the penalty spot than the front post.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024