Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nigel Clough 11:30 - May 25 with 10330 viewshull_dale19

Has left Sheffield United.

Hilly may well be a target for them, although I think they have a different owner/chairman to when they went for him last
Nigel Clough on 16:14 - May 26 with 3580 viewsKeltsofthetrade

Nigel Clough on 12:01 - May 25 by WhiteyBFC

Early favourites are Poyet, Adkins, Warburton, Cooper etc.

I think you'll be ok.

Why does this WhiteyBFC feel the need to constantly post on a Rochdale forum regarding subjects that have nothing to do with Barnsley?
Nigel Clough on 19:58 - May 26 with 3264 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Nigel Clough on 16:14 - May 26 by Keltsofthetrade

Why does this WhiteyBFC feel the need to constantly post on a Rochdale forum regarding subjects that have nothing to do with Barnsley?

Because he would get more criticism if the subject matter of all his posts was Barnsley?
[Post edited 26 May 2015 19:59]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Nigel Clough on 07:33 - May 27 with 3065 viewsKeltsofthetrade

Nigel Clough on 19:58 - May 26 by BigDaveMyCock

Because he would get more criticism if the subject matter of all his posts was Barnsley?
[Post edited 26 May 2015 19:59]

True. Although if the thread was regarding Barnsley then at least it wouldn't just be trolling.
Nigel Clough on 09:46 - May 27 with 2969 viewsfitzochris

Nigel Clough on 07:33 - May 27 by Keltsofthetrade

True. Although if the thread was regarding Barnsley then at least it wouldn't just be trolling.

Whitey isn't a troll, though. He is who he says he is and comments on football matters in general, as well as Dale and Barnsley-related matters. He has been to Spotland and knows people who post on here.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Nigel Clough on 11:47 - May 27 with 2911 viewsKeltsofthetrade

Nigel Clough on 09:46 - May 27 by fitzochris

Whitey isn't a troll, though. He is who he says he is and comments on football matters in general, as well as Dale and Barnsley-related matters. He has been to Spotland and knows people who post on here.

Fair enough, trolling is maybe not the correct term then, and when he comments on a Barnsley related thread then it makes sense (always good to hear the view from a fan of the actual club). However a lot of his comments about Dale are patronising and condescending and have absolutely nout to do with his team. Who care if he thinks that Hill won't be leaving for Sheff Utd and we'll be ok? Nice one mate, you've allayed my fears.
Not sure the fact he's been to Spotland has got any relevance either.
Nigel Clough on 12:03 - May 27 with 2878 viewsfitzochris

Nigel Clough on 11:47 - May 27 by Keltsofthetrade

Fair enough, trolling is maybe not the correct term then, and when he comments on a Barnsley related thread then it makes sense (always good to hear the view from a fan of the actual club). However a lot of his comments about Dale are patronising and condescending and have absolutely nout to do with his team. Who care if he thinks that Hill won't be leaving for Sheff Utd and we'll be ok? Nice one mate, you've allayed my fears.

Well it has got relevance, really, hasn't it? It means he has seen Dale play against other teams than his own and can offer an informed opinion.

Unlike a lot of the genuine trolls on here.

Nigel Clough on 12:25 - May 27 with 2842 viewsKeltsofthetrade

Nigel Clough on 12:03 - May 27 by fitzochris

Well it has got relevance, really, hasn't it? It means he has seen Dale play against other teams than his own and can offer an informed opinion.

Unlike a lot of the genuine trolls on here.

I think I'll agree to disagree with you on this one. His 'informed' opinion makes him come across as a bit of a bell though. A lot of his comments on the Perkins thread being a case in point.
Nigel Clough on 12:31 - May 27 with 2821 viewsfitzochris

Nigel Clough on 12:25 - May 27 by Keltsofthetrade

I think I'll agree to disagree with you on this one. His 'informed' opinion makes him come across as a bit of a bell though. A lot of his comments on the Perkins thread being a case in point.

I'm not saying his opinion doesn't grate from time to time (all of ours do) but I am arguing that his opinion is more valid than a lot of the Bury fans who come on here spouting nonsense, or certain others purporting to be Dale fans.

Login to get fewer ads

Nigel Clough on 12:35 - May 27 with 2809 viewsD_Alien

Whitey takes an interest in Dale matters largely through Hill having been manager at Barnsley, and his "discussions" with other Barnsley fans during his time there. From that point of view, it's worth hearing what he's got to say.

But like you, I find the condescending tone gets in the way of engaging with him in a reasonable debate. Others don't, but that's life.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Nigel Clough on 14:20 - May 27 with 2713 viewsnordenblue

Many of your thoughts and comments about him are spot on tbf
Nigel Clough on 17:06 - May 27 with 2591 viewsWhiteyBFC

Nigel Clough on 12:25 - May 27 by Keltsofthetrade

I am aware that this is a Rochdale forum, so the main topic of conversation will be Rochdale affairs. And whilst I do post on here mainly regards Barnsley, or about things that link both clubs, I do sometimes get involved in other discussions. I've been a member of the forum since May 2011. Back then, I wasn't given the best welcome as I was a supporter of the club who was about to take Keith away. But I stuck around. I did so because there were many threads on a daily basis about Keith's time at Oakwell, so I used to share my opinion on him. Quite a lot of the time, Dale fans didn't agree with me.

When he was sacked and rejoined Dale, and we appointed Flicker, again I shared my opinions and again the amount of people agreeing with me were few and far between. But that year I did come over to watch Dale (international weekend) and met up with a few lads off the forum, who were great hosts. Some of these lads were (still are) lads who've disagreed with me, and vice versa.

I wrote a blog about that visit, here: http://youbeautifulreds.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/a-dale-ightful-day-out.html

I'm not in the business of getting patted on the back, or thought of on here as some kind of lovely lad who knows everything about football. Because I'm not, and I don't. I'm a gobshite, I say a lot of things on here with my tongue firmly in my cheek, often to stir debate. But I don't resort to calling folk names, I don't hide behind a username, I visit Spotland more than 99% of the town folk do and I do genuinely like the club and some of the good people who support it.

I am a bit of a bell too, you're right. Even my mates would tell you that. I'm comfy with that. I don't try to be anything but myself, and the internet for me isn't a place I escape to be someone 'cool' because my life's shit. I've a great life, with great friends, a fantastic partner, a job, a home and a hobby in football that I love. I can't grumble.

Cheers for giving me summat else to talk shit about.
[Post edited 27 May 2015 17:07]
Nigel Clough on 17:27 - May 27 with 2543 viewsbocadave

Nigel Clough on 17:06 - May 27 by WhiteyBFC

I am aware that this is a Rochdale forum, so the main topic of conversation will be Rochdale affairs. And whilst I do post on here mainly regards Barnsley, or about things that link both clubs, I do sometimes get involved in other discussions. I've been a member of the forum since May 2011. Back then, I wasn't given the best welcome as I was a supporter of the club who was about to take Keith away. But I stuck around. I did so because there were many threads on a daily basis about Keith's time at Oakwell, so I used to share my opinion on him. Quite a lot of the time, Dale fans didn't agree with me.

When he was sacked and rejoined Dale, and we appointed Flicker, again I shared my opinions and again the amount of people agreeing with me were few and far between. But that year I did come over to watch Dale (international weekend) and met up with a few lads off the forum, who were great hosts. Some of these lads were (still are) lads who've disagreed with me, and vice versa.

I wrote a blog about that visit, here: http://youbeautifulreds.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/a-dale-ightful-day-out.html

I'm not in the business of getting patted on the back, or thought of on here as some kind of lovely lad who knows everything about football. Because I'm not, and I don't. I'm a gobshite, I say a lot of things on here with my tongue firmly in my cheek, often to stir debate. But I don't resort to calling folk names, I don't hide behind a username, I visit Spotland more than 99% of the town folk do and I do genuinely like the club and some of the good people who support it.

I am a bit of a bell too, you're right. Even my mates would tell you that. I'm comfy with that. I don't try to be anything but myself, and the internet for me isn't a place I escape to be someone 'cool' because my life's shit. I've a great life, with great friends, a fantastic partner, a job, a home and a hobby in football that I love. I can't grumble.

Good post Whitey,always enjoy reading your opinions. Obviously I am not as sensitive as some on this forum.
Nigel Clough on 17:29 - May 27 with 2534 viewsPotterDale

Nigel Clough on 17:06 - May 27 by WhiteyBFC

You sometimes talk more sense than a lot of the posters on here as well
[Post edited 27 May 2015 17:49]
Nigel Clough on 17:50 - May 27 with 2494 views442Dale

Nigel Clough on 17:29 - May 27 by PotterDale

You sometimes talk more sense than a lot of the posters on here as well
[Post edited 27 May 2015 17:49]

Not more than me re. Scott Wiseman during the latter stages of the 12/13 season.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Nigel Clough on 18:11 - May 27 with 2459 viewsD_Alien

Nigel Clough on 17:27 - May 27 by bocadave

Good post Whitey,always enjoy reading your opinions. Obviously I am not as sensitive as some on this forum.

You're right.

I'd say you were nowhere near as sensitive as Whitey.

Nigel Clough on 19:06 - May 27 with 2349 viewsWhiteyBFC

Nigel Clough on 18:11 - May 27 by D_Alien

You're right.

I'd say you were nowhere near as sensitive as Whitey.

I'd assume summat about you D_Alien, make references to you and that, but I don't know you and couldn't differentiate between your postings on here and any number of others'.
Nigel Clough on 19:08 - May 27 with 2340 viewsWhiteyBFC

Nigel Clough on 17:50 - May 27 by 442Dale

Not more than me re. Scott Wiseman during the latter stages of the 12/13 season.

On a serious note, what's happened to Wisey? Not seen him named in a PNE squad for a long time. Injured?
Nigel Clough on 19:14 - May 27 with 2321 viewsfitzochris

Never mind Wiseman, Whitey. I see Martin Woods is back after a season over t'wall. This time with Shrewsbury.

Nigel Clough on 19:46 - May 27 with 2264 views442Dale

Nigel Clough on 19:08 - May 27 by WhiteyBFC

On a serious note, what's happened to Wisey? Not seen him named in a PNE squad for a long time. Injured?

He was on the bench for the first leg of the play-offs but not sure how much longer he'll be there as he signed an 18 month deal in Jan '14 according this:
http://www.pnefc.net/news/article/scott-wiseman-signs-100114-1285312.aspx

So where next...

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Nigel Clough (n/t) on 20:06 - May 27 with 2240 viewssissy

Nigel Clough on 19:46 - May 27 by 442Dale

He was on the bench for the first leg of the play-offs but not sure how much longer he'll be there as he signed an 18 month deal in Jan '14 according this:

So where next...

[Post edited 27 May 2015 20:07]

"Sign here please". #lol #clareslaw

Nigel Clough on 20:54 - May 27 with 2180 viewsD_Alien

Nigel Clough on 19:06 - May 27 by WhiteyBFC

I'd assume summat about you D_Alien, make references to you and that, but I don't know you and couldn't differentiate between your postings on here and any number of others'.

Who cares what you might or might not assume? All I can see is that for someone who says he likes to post a lot of tongue-in-cheek stuff, you simply don't know how to take it!

Nigel Clough on 22:19 - May 27 with 2094 viewsWhiteyBFC

Nigel Clough on 20:54 - May 27 by D_Alien

Who cares what you might or might not assume? All I can see is that for someone who says he likes to post a lot of tongue-in-cheek stuff, you simply don't know how to take it!

Misunderstandings are common on the internet. I think it's run its course though now. Perhaps we can move on and get back to debating topics, rather than trying to be internet psychoanalysts?
Nigel Clough on 22:21 - May 27 with 2091 viewsWhiteyBFC

Nigel Clough on 19:14 - May 27 by fitzochris

Never mind Wiseman, Whitey. I see Martin Woods is back after a season over t'wall. This time with Shrewsbury.

Woeful during his short stay here, but a thoroughly likeable bloke off the field. Obviously did enough to stay in the mind of Mellon. Good luck to him, and Mellon. Another good bloke.
Nigel Clough on 22:22 - May 27 with 2089 viewsWhiteyBFC

Nigel Clough on 19:46 - May 27 by 442Dale

So where next...

Would you take him back?

You loved him in the latter stages of 2012-13, at centre half..
Nigel Clough on 22:28 - May 27 with 2073 viewsD_Alien

Nigel Clough on 22:19 - May 27 by WhiteyBFC

Misunderstandings are common on the internet. I think it's run its course though now. Perhaps we can move on and get back to debating topics, rather than trying to be internet psychoanalysts?

Fair do's Whitey.

Just keep it respectful of our lowly status and I'm happy to debate whatever you like.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024