Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fifa 09:54 - May 27 with 12414 viewsdownunder

Not surprised by this. Will Qatar still get a World Cup?
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32895057
Fifa on 10:00 - May 27 with 10770 viewstazzydjr

It really wouldn't surprise me either if Blatter came clean to them for his freedom landing his other colleagues in trouble

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Fifa on 10:17 - May 27 with 10744 viewsJumeirahDale

Although this is fantastic news, I think it's embarrassing that its taken the Americans getting involved to clean up our game.
Fifa on 10:41 - May 27 with 10707 viewsdingdangblue

Fifa on 10:17 - May 27 by JumeirahDale

Although this is fantastic news, I think it's embarrassing that its taken the Americans getting involved to clean up our game.

FIFA seem to be so powerful they think they are untouchable - if it takes the FBI to get involved so they are brought to justice then that can only be good for the game. The whole Quatar World Cup was a bad idea from the start - have they ever even competed in a World Cup? The global game! Where did Blatter want the one after that? Antarctica?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Fifa on 12:26 - May 27 with 10605 viewsD_Alien

Fifa on 10:17 - May 27 by JumeirahDale

The Sunday Times deserves a lot of credit too. They've been investigating and campaigning against FIFA corruption for years, but particularly since the World Cup was awarded to Qatar.

If/when this comes to trial, much of the evidence put before the court will come from their investigative work. They've got literally thousands of documents and emails with clear evidence of wrongdoing. But as you rightly point out, it's taken the involvement of US authorities for action to be taken.

Will be interesting to see what happens on friday with the FIFA election. The timing of these arrests surely can't be coincidental.

[Post edited 27 May 2015 12:35]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fifa on 15:53 - May 27 with 10469 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Why is footie HQ in Switzerland anyway?......can't we breakaway and set up our own federation without all these greedy foriegners dipping their wicks and stealing millions from " the beautiful game" (copyright Tazzie).

South Americans and Carribean rascals now been arrested but Blatter is at top no doubt..

Let's leave it all like we are about to do with the EU!
Fifa on 18:04 - May 27 with 10391 viewsColDale

If the US can get prosecutions out of this, then its surely the end for FIFA. I'd assume there'll be legal proceedings from those countries that missed out on any World Cup bid with proven bribery charges.

Best thing they can do is to rip the whole thing up and start again. Make the World Cup every two years which will allow more players to compete at the highest stage at the peak of their career, and it will allow genuine rotation around the World. Don't think there'd be half the fuss about Qatar if we were looking at World Cups in the next ten years being held in (for example) Russia, Qatar, Australia, Canada, England.
Fifa on 18:13 - May 27 with 10371 views442Dale

Fifa on 18:04 - May 27 by ColDale

If the US can get prosecutions out of this, then its surely the end for FIFA. I'd assume there'll be legal proceedings from those countries that missed out on any World Cup bid with proven bribery charges.

Best thing they can do is to rip the whole thing up and start again. Make the World Cup every two years which will allow more players to compete at the highest stage at the peak of their career, and it will allow genuine rotation around the World. Don't think there'd be half the fuss about Qatar if we were looking at World Cups in the next ten years being held in (for example) Russia, Qatar, Australia, Canada, England.

... and Event City in 2026.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fifa on 18:14 - May 27 with 10368 viewsColDale

Fifa on 18:13 - May 27 by 442Dale

... and Event City in 2026.

I believe there is sufficient hotel space soon to be built at Gigg that they could host the entire world cup there.
Login to get fewer ads

Fifa on 18:58 - May 27 with 10305 viewsSalwaDale

Why do so many people seem to think it is all about the world cup in Qatar? There are many, many more dodgy decisions, contracts etc. that happened long before. Granted, the awarding of the 2022 WC may have been the straw that broke the camel's back but it goes back much further and shows FIFA to be an institutionally corrupt organisation.As Col says:

TBBT

Fifa on 22:55 - May 27 with 10201 viewsDiddyDave

When arrested all seven officials hit the deck and said they were injured.
Not one bit surprised by this, obviously it`s not confined to the American arm of FIFA, so let`s hope investigative bodies around the world take a good look at all the rest the delegates going back to the eighties and nineties. David Yallop`s excellent book, How They Sold The Game, published in the eighties gave us an insight to what we could expect from FIFA and so it has proved to be.
No doubt the IOC will be looking over their collective shoulders too.
Fifa on 10:23 - May 28 with 10091 viewsD_Alien

Fifa on 22:55 - May 27 by DiddyDave

When arrested all seven officials hit the deck and said they were injured.
Not one bit surprised by this, obviously it`s not confined to the American arm of FIFA, so let`s hope investigative bodies around the world take a good look at all the rest the delegates going back to the eighties and nineties. David Yallop`s excellent book, How They Sold The Game, published in the eighties gave us an insight to what we could expect from FIFA and so it has proved to be.
No doubt the IOC will be looking over their collective shoulders too.

The IOC had their "FIFA-gate" with the awarding of the Winter Olympics to Salt Lake City in 2002. They appear to have considerably cleaned up their act since then - although who knows?

Anyone watch the impromptu interview with Greg Dyke on News at Ten last night? He certainly didn't pull any punches and the next key moment will be when Blatter makes his opening speech to the FIFA delegates when the conference opens at 4pm (our time). There could be some interesting reactions!

[Post edited 28 May 2015 10:28]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fifa on 11:05 - May 28 with 10054 viewstazzydjr

according to UEFA President this morning England should of been hosting FIFA World Cup 2018

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com

Fifa on 16:52 - May 28 with 9923 viewsjokerthief

Holding the World cup in a muslim country would be a disaster..South Africa was bad enough with those stupid vuvaswalers ...cannot spell them or would ever want to....made the whole event a total joke for players ( woke up every morning @ 6am) having to listen to them and supporters....calling to prayer 5 times a day would be intolerable...
Fifa on 19:56 - May 28 with 9817 viewsSalwaDale

Fifa on 16:52 - May 28 by jokerthief

Holding the World cup in a muslim country would be a disaster..South Africa was bad enough with those stupid vuvaswalers ...cannot spell them or would ever want to....made the whole event a total joke for players ( woke up every morning @ 6am) having to listen to them and supporters....calling to prayer 5 times a day would be intolerable...

Call to prayer or that stupid England band? I know which one I'd prefer. Mosque right next to the ground I go watching football here. Doesn't spoil it, although it has made me jump a few times.

TBBT

Fifa on 20:09 - May 28 with 9796 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Fifa on 19:56 - May 28 by SalwaDale

Call to prayer or that stupid England band? I know which one I'd prefer. Mosque right next to the ground I go watching football here. Doesn't spoil it, although it has made me jump a few times.

Don't complain SD.......nowt like a good jump,
Fifa on 20:21 - May 28 with 9776 viewstazzydjr

I can't wait till tomorrow it's the choice of the Jordan Prince or the Swiss FIFA Don i really hope UEFA stick to their word and make all the UEFA Associations boycott the Election

Fifa on 20:36 - May 28 with 9761 viewsjustanillusion

Platini doesn't have full support of UEFA members ....not surprisingly Russia will vote Blatter, but Spain backing him! can only presume they have been on his payroll?
Fifa on 18:51 - May 29 with 9629 viewsShun

Blather re-elected.
Fifa on 01:07 - May 30 with 9469 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Fifa on 18:51 - May 29 by Shun

Blather re-elected.

So everyone should now boycott world football in disgust. But will they? No! Everything will carry on as normal with the fat c**ts (not cats) getting richer beyond reproach.
Fifa on 08:16 - May 30 with 9412 viewsdavidab2202

If some of the major sponsors take their ball home it could significantly change
Fifa on 10:31 - May 30 with 9355 viewstazzydjr

UEFA have apparently urged all the UEFA associations to boycott Russia & Qatar hope they make up a separate competition for those who do boycott something like a International Championship Tournament so these Euro sides don't lose much revenue

Fifa on 12:41 - May 30 with 9313 viewsColDale

I see Qatar are heading to Scotland next week and are guests of the English FA at St George's. With reported deaths numbering 1200, it's good to see our national Football associations take such a strong stand by welcoming them with open arms.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Fifa on 19:22 - May 30 with 9193 viewsKenBoon

What happens next is a UEFA climb down for "the good of the game" and to "help reform". It shouldn't be forgotten that many UEFA members voted for Qatar. However egotistical Blatter may be - and he really does seem to think FIFA is a country super power - the real problem is the environment that is perfect breeding ground for corruption. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Fifa on 20:15 - May 30 with 9162 viewstazzydjr

Palestine protesters wanted FIFA to Free Palestine at Sepp's conference

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/fifa/11638382/Palestine-protesters-dis

Fifa on 20:56 - May 30 with 9135 viewsDaley_Lama

Blatter got re-elected because Asia and Africa block supported him because of the development Fifa has brought under his stewardship.

Having seen S. Korea reach the semis in one of the most bent refereeing displays of all time, one wonders exactly how far Sepp's influence ran.

As has been said for more than a decade, once he goes, it all comes out. He will be dead then though, so wont give a cuckoo clock

Poll: DF in or out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024