Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale in the SPL 07:41 - May 29 with 3586 viewsinthenet

Just a thought how do you think Rochdale would do in the SPL ? a very random question I know but I'm sat here waiting for our next massive signing ,so something to pass the time.
Personally I would say 3rd 4th is achievable.

Rastrickblue

Rochdale in the SPL on 08:41 - May 29 with 3532 viewsfitzochris

Given that most folk won't have much experience of the SPFL Premiership (as it is now called) other than the odd TV game and the existing prejudice as to how shite it is, guesses will be skewed. Fourth or fifth isn't a bad stab. There is an EPL style divide within the division. Celtic, naturally, are the tour de force, and then this season Aberdeen have been very, very good. Dundee United, too, would be stern competition. It's all hypothetical of course. Just like how we finished ninth in League One one season and bottom the next.
[Post edited 29 May 2015 8:43]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Rochdale in the SPL on 09:18 - May 29 with 3474 viewsDomDale

Not sure but I do know our crowds would be worse!

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Rochdale in the SPL on 11:07 - May 31 with 3048 viewsRoChDaLe

Rochdale in the SPL on 08:41 - May 29 by fitzochris

Given that most folk won't have much experience of the SPFL Premiership (as it is now called) other than the odd TV game and the existing prejudice as to how shite it is, guesses will be skewed. Fourth or fifth isn't a bad stab. There is an EPL style divide within the division. Celtic, naturally, are the tour de force, and then this season Aberdeen have been very, very good. Dundee United, too, would be stern competition. It's all hypothetical of course. Just like how we finished ninth in League One one season and bottom the next.
[Post edited 29 May 2015 8:43]

How come you watch so much Football in Scotland... Guessing you live there?

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Rochdale in the SPL on 11:21 - May 31 with 3034 viewsfitzochris

Rochdale in the SPL on 11:07 - May 31 by RoChDaLe

How come you watch so much Football in Scotland... Guessing you live there?

Yep. Been up here since 2003. Don't watch as much football up here as I used to, to be fair. My current job means I can get back to see Dale more often, too.

Rochdale in the SPL on 11:29 - May 31 with 3023 viewstazzydjr

It'll be interesting to see in SPFL when Cameron gives Northern England to SNP as a gift for winning the Tories the election this May well and truly making the North/South divide a reality this is the sort of psychopath whats in power right now

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Rochdale in the SPL on 11:38 - May 31 with 3010 viewsfitzochris

Rochdale in the SPL on 11:29 - May 31 by tazzydjr

It'll be interesting to see in SPFL when Cameron gives Northern England to SNP as a gift for winning the Tories the election this May well and truly making the North/South divide a reality this is the sort of psychopath whats in power right now

That is the biggest load of bollox I've read from you, and there is stiff competition.

Rochdale in the SPL on 11:50 - May 31 with 2978 viewsTomRAFC

A lot of players who come over from the scottish leagues seem to struggle.

Doubt we would embarrass ourselves.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Rochdale in the SPL on 11:52 - May 31 with 2973 viewsfitzochris

Rochdale in the SPL on 11:50 - May 31 by TomRAFC

A lot of players who come over from the scottish leagues seem to struggle.

Doubt we would embarrass ourselves.

And a lot don't.

Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale in the SPL on 11:56 - May 31 with 2960 viewstazzydjr

Rochdale in the SPL on 11:38 - May 31 by fitzochris

That is the biggest load of bollox I've read from you, and there is stiff competition.

So you don't think there more than meets to the eye Cameron's gonna extend that boarder as the North is he bargaining tool to the SNP or it wouldn't of got as much press courage as it has if there wasn't the slightest bit of truth to it

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Rochdale in the SPL on 12:02 - May 31 with 2950 viewsfitzochris

Rochdale in the SPL on 11:56 - May 31 by tazzydjr

So you don't think there more than meets to the eye Cameron's gonna extend that boarder as the North is he bargaining tool to the SNP or it wouldn't of got as much press courage as it has if there wasn't the slightest bit of truth to it

Tazzy, irrelevant SPFL link aside, the 'north of England' is not Cameron's gift to give. Also, the SNP did not win the election for the Conservatives, the people who voted for the Conservatives did. It really is that simple. Any separatist movement involving the 'north of England' will be instigated by the 'north of England' itself.

Rochdale in the SPL on 12:53 - May 31 with 2908 viewsLS27Rdale

Rochdale in the SPL on 12:02 - May 31 by fitzochris

Tazzy, irrelevant SPFL link aside, the 'north of England' is not Cameron's gift to give. Also, the SNP did not win the election for the Conservatives, the people who voted for the Conservatives did. It really is that simple. Any separatist movement involving the 'north of England' will be instigated by the 'north of England' itself.

TazBott has suppressed himself this time lol

Hypo, if the North of England went alone, as long as the mancs and the scousers were kept out , that would be "sound" lmfao
Rochdale in the SPL on 17:44 - May 31 with 2766 viewsnordenblue

Rochdale in the SPL on 12:02 - May 31 by fitzochris

You're wasting your time talking politics with him,i could talk to a house plant for a more reasoned debate
Rochdale in the SPL on 19:27 - Jun 1 with 2485 viewsPerthDale

If you're talking about the current Dale squad, I'm not really in that much of a position to judge. The only time I see the Dale is the brief highlights shown on BBC on a Saturday night.

If, however, you are talking about the size, stature and potential of the club then there are quite a few Dale-type clubs which thrive (for a time at least) in the SPFL Premiership (ex-SPL). I moved to Perth in 1990 and, on the basis of "if you can't be with the one you love...", I started to support St Johnstone.

Saints are a small club, surviving on a hardcore support of around 2,500-3,000, boosted by the visits of the likes of Celtic, Aberdeen, and the Dundee clubs. Like Dale, they are run as a very tight ship by passionate supporters who just happen to be successful local businessmen. They squeeze every last bit of value out of every penny they spend and with every decision comes the question "does this put the survival of the club at risk?"

They have a manager who knows how to build a squad with limited resources and then get them playing football, and even the stadium is similar to Spotland. Squint, as I did on the day they last won promotion to the SPL, in some ways wishing it was the Dale (this was before the first of Dale's two recent promotions), and you could imagine yourself back watching Rochdale.

And the most important similarity? They punch above their weight! This is the third consecutive season that Saints have qualified for Europe, and, of course, we won the Scottish Cup in 2014 - a victory for small clubs everywhere and a personal reward for me for supporting my two hometown teams, through thick and thin, mostly thin, for nearly five decades!

Given the kind of club they are, Rochdale AFC would be more than capable of matching the record of St Johnstone, the Dale of the far north.
Rochdale in the SPL on 19:28 - Jun 1 with 2482 viewsPerthDale

Oh, nearly forgot, they also play in blue!
Rochdale in the SPL on 19:45 - Jun 1 with 2464 viewsDomDale

Rochdale in the SPL on 19:27 - Jun 1 by PerthDale

If you're talking about the current Dale squad, I'm not really in that much of a position to judge. The only time I see the Dale is the brief highlights shown on BBC on a Saturday night.

If, however, you are talking about the size, stature and potential of the club then there are quite a few Dale-type clubs which thrive (for a time at least) in the SPFL Premiership (ex-SPL). I moved to Perth in 1990 and, on the basis of "if you can't be with the one you love...", I started to support St Johnstone.

Saints are a small club, surviving on a hardcore support of around 2,500-3,000, boosted by the visits of the likes of Celtic, Aberdeen, and the Dundee clubs. Like Dale, they are run as a very tight ship by passionate supporters who just happen to be successful local businessmen. They squeeze every last bit of value out of every penny they spend and with every decision comes the question "does this put the survival of the club at risk?"

They have a manager who knows how to build a squad with limited resources and then get them playing football, and even the stadium is similar to Spotland. Squint, as I did on the day they last won promotion to the SPL, in some ways wishing it was the Dale (this was before the first of Dale's two recent promotions), and you could imagine yourself back watching Rochdale.

And the most important similarity? They punch above their weight! This is the third consecutive season that Saints have qualified for Europe, and, of course, we won the Scottish Cup in 2014 - a victory for small clubs everywhere and a personal reward for me for supporting my two hometown teams, through thick and thin, mostly thin, for nearly five decades!

Given the kind of club they are, Rochdale AFC would be more than capable of matching the record of St Johnstone, the Dale of the far north.

Colourful ground is McDiarmid Park

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Rochdale in the SPL on 19:47 - Jun 1 with 2459 viewsfitzochris

I like St Johnstone. I know Chris Millar, who currently plays for them, and got to know Derek McInnes well when he was manager there.

As you say, a good well-run club, who famously stuck to their principals during the over-spending days of the SPL (£12 million on Andre Flo, Ravenelli at Dundee etc).

Oh, and of course, they made Stevie May.

Rochdale in the SPL on 21:40 - Jun 1 with 2374 viewsSaxonDale

Rochdale in the SPL on 11:29 - May 31 by tazzydjr

Genuinely made me laugh out loud. Best post I've seen on here since you thought a kid won a competition to play for us against Bournemouth... Only to find out it was Reece Gray who played (not that he won a competition to do so.)
Rochdale in the SPL on 06:27 - Jun 2 with 2285 viewsNigeriamark

A long tome ago I lived near Patrick Thistle's ground for 3 years. At the time Rangers were decent in Europe ( part of their 9 in a row spell). with a few other decent sides. Even then I thought below the top 4 it was quite weak.. Doubt that it is much stronger even though Rangers and Celtic themselves are weaker. Would imagine the current Dale team would hold their own most weeks
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024