Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Achieved it 23:32 - Jun 29 with 8752 viewstazzydjr

Two years ago I began preparations for this trip to Czech Republic my objectives were to promote the club to the other 7 International Fans as well as getting the name Rochdale AFC recognised on International TV 📺 I think my adventure has proved a success probably increasing the international fanbase to fans such as Sweden, Germany & Czech Republic to think people intentions of the entire trip been brilliant glad I made what was just a dream two years ago happen for real glad I have also experienced a small international tournament and unity between England Fans and the players despite going out last Wednesday hopefully change will happen and the fast track system gets scrapped sure to our lionesses success in Canada a squad what's been together longer-term then the men's side

UP THE DALE

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Achieved it on 06:55 - Jun 30 with 3681 viewsmightydale

serious question tazzy how did you promote the club???

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Achieved it on 07:58 - Jun 30 with 3639 viewstruenorth

Punctuation is so over rated

Poll: BBM or relegation?

Achieved it on 08:13 - Jun 30 with 3607 viewsdingdangblue

If you can get 7 extra International fans to come to Spotland next season then I can only applaud your efforts. You picked the wrong tournament! If only you'd headed to Canada to follow our proud Lionesses - maybe next time eh?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Achieved it on 08:26 - Jun 30 with 3583 viewstazzydjr

Achieved it on 08:13 - Jun 30 by dingdangblue

If you can get 7 extra International fans to come to Spotland next season then I can only applaud your efforts. You picked the wrong tournament! If only you'd headed to Canada to follow our proud Lionesses - maybe next time eh?

We all learn from our mistakes one of the Sweden Fan's is suppose to be coming Rochdale v Walsall while over for Manchester United I might just do Poland for the week in 2017

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Achieved it on 11:03 - Jun 30 with 3426 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Achieved it on 08:26 - Jun 30 by tazzydjr

We all learn from our mistakes one of the Sweden Fan's is suppose to be coming Rochdale v Walsall while over for Manchester United I might just do Poland for the week in 2017

Whose paying for all this again?............ I'll say it "thanks Tories"........you're welcome.
Achieved it on 11:43 - Jun 30 with 3372 views100notout

Achieved it on 11:03 - Jun 30 by Yorkshire_Dale

Whose paying for all this again?............ I'll say it "thanks Tories"........you're welcome.

Oh no not this again!!!

Agree entirely with the sentiment albeit to be fair to tazbot he is only (presumably) getting what he is entitled to. Its the whole benefits system that needs looking at.

And Tazbot - whilst I'm sort of sticking up for you here, don't EVER complain that you can't afford a season ticket whilst you CHOOSE to spend all your money on trips abroad and away trips all over the country. Can't speak for everyone else but that really winds me up.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Achieved it on 11:51 - Jun 30 with 3359 viewsD_Alien

Achieved it on 11:43 - Jun 30 by 100notout

Oh no not this again!!!

Agree entirely with the sentiment albeit to be fair to tazbot he is only (presumably) getting what he is entitled to. Its the whole benefits system that needs looking at.

And Tazbot - whilst I'm sort of sticking up for you here, don't EVER complain that you can't afford a season ticket whilst you CHOOSE to spend all your money on trips abroad and away trips all over the country. Can't speak for everyone else but that really winds me up.

tbf (and without any intention of starting a whole new debate, please) but the whole benefits system has been looked at, and is being streamlined. Some will approve, others won't.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Achieved it on 12:34 - Jun 30 with 3286 viewsdownunder

Achieved it on 08:26 - Jun 30 by tazzydjr

" I might just do Poland"
My Dad fought in a war against the last bloke to say that.
Login to get fewer ads

Achieved it on 12:50 - Jun 30 with 3246 viewsKenBoon

Great job, Tazzy. Your flag was more visible at games than some of the England players. Although tbf we weren't bad. Certainly did enough to please the "technical ability" crowd. Only problem now is we've got lots of technically good players with a dash of FIFA 15 tricks, but there's not a character between them. No clear world class players, but I suppose our attitude should change and let players mature rather than burn them out early.
Achieved it on 12:58 - Jun 30 with 3219 viewsSuddenLad

Fair play to tazzy for budgeting carefully enough to be able to finance his trip to the U-21 Championships.

As someone else said, he is surely only getting whatever monies he is entitled to get, so why the snide remarks ?

Couldn't have done better placing that Dale flag, if you had pre-booked the space.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Achieved it on 13:42 - Jun 30 with 3148 viewsisitme

The thing that some people, rightly or wrongly will be annoyed about is that they work and cannot afford the trips Tazzy goes on, that they are indirectly paying for.

The other issue is his complaints about buying a season ticket for home games, whilst again spending other trips.

Now as others have said it is his choice what to spend his money on and it is money he is entitled to. I can understand both points of view.
Achieved it on 13:46 - Jun 30 with 3132 viewsSuddenLad

Achieved it on 13:42 - Jun 30 by isitme

The thing that some people, rightly or wrongly will be annoyed about is that they work and cannot afford the trips Tazzy goes on, that they are indirectly paying for.

The other issue is his complaints about buying a season ticket for home games, whilst again spending other trips.

Now as others have said it is his choice what to spend his money on and it is money he is entitled to. I can understand both points of view.

That's not being annoyed, it's jealousy, which is not a reason for criticism. If he sees a trip to the Euros as a priority over a season ticket, he should understand he can't do both. That's simple economics.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Achieved it on 13:49 - Jun 30 with 3126 viewsChaffRAFC

5 pages

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Achieved it on 14:00 - Jun 30 with 3104 viewsdingdangblue

Achieved it on 13:42 - Jun 30 by isitme

I'm not sure there's many people who work who couldn't afford to do what Tazz has done . Its more to do with choices of what to do with your money. I would love to go to tournaments around Europe - I dont. I have a car, a mortgage, a wife and 2 children. As far as I'm aware Tazz has non of these. His choice. I dont begrudge him at all.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Achieved it on 14:08 - Jun 30 with 3082 viewsD_Alien

Achieved it on 14:00 - Jun 30 by dingdangblue

I'm not sure there's many people who work who couldn't afford to do what Tazz has done . Its more to do with choices of what to do with your money. I would love to go to tournaments around Europe - I dont. I have a car, a mortgage, a wife and 2 children. As far as I'm aware Tazz has non of these. His choice. I dont begrudge him at all.

I don't begrudge him either.

Nice to see you've got your priorities in the right order!

Achieved it on 21:51 - Jun 30 with 2849 viewsSuggers

As someone whose day job is to help support people who are the most vulnerable in society cope with Osbornes attack on the welfare state, it is with some significant regret that it is clear from the lifestyle of the original poster there is some justification in the reforms.

Anyone who believes everyone on benefits lives the life of the poster I will be happy to make appropriate introductions to those who cannot afford to put food in the bellies of their kids before school.

Criminal.
Achieved it on 22:56 - Jun 30 with 2793 viewsD_Alien

Achieved it on 21:51 - Jun 30 by Suggers

As someone whose day job is to help support people who are the most vulnerable in society cope with Osbornes attack on the welfare state, it is with some significant regret that it is clear from the lifestyle of the original poster there is some justification in the reforms.

Anyone who believes everyone on benefits lives the life of the poster I will be happy to make appropriate introductions to those who cannot afford to put food in the bellies of their kids before school.

Criminal.

So you're saying George Osborne is a criminal? What law has he broken? The one that says he shouldn't implement the policies his government was very recently elected to carry out?

Can I ask you a simple question, Suggers? Those people who you say aren't able to feed their children - do they have a television? A mobile phone? Do any of them smoke or drink?

I've no problem whatsoever with any of those things (obviously, otherwise I'd be a hypocrite), but please explain what prevents them from putting "food in the bellies of their kids before school"
[Post edited 1 Jul 2015 10:07]

Achieved it on 08:50 - Jul 1 with 2614 viewsKenBoon

I'll make one comment on this subject because it's so old and Groundhog Day. If people were as motivated critiquing the people who take the utter-piss when it comes to tax avoidance (I do mean those who really take the piss) as they were listening and repeating the Press stereotype of Benefits Culture, then we'd be a much richer country.

The money lost by piss taking Tax Avoidance far outweighs monies claimed dishonorably. The media has their agenda. People enjoy being FURIOUS and OFFENDED by both ends of the spectrum.Channel 4 should be making a show called Avoidance Marina as well.
Achieved it on 09:39 - Jul 1 with 2572 viewsnordenblue

Achieved it on 22:56 - Jun 30 by D_Alien

So you're saying George Osborne is a criminal? What law has he broken? The one that says he shouldn't implement the policies his government was very recently elected to carry out?

Can I ask you a simple question, Suggers? Those people who you say aren't able to feed their children - do they have a television? A mobile phone? Do any of them smoke or drink?

I've no problem whatsoever with any of those things (obviously, otherwise I'd be a hypocrite), but please explain what prevents them from putting "food in the bellies of their kids before school"

Very good post,if id have posted that i would expect it to be labelled "vintage Nordenblue"though.
As someone who's had to spend thousands of my own money to retrain twice in the last decade to keep in decent employment it annoys the shit out of me the thousands who have no intention of working and happily drain the country dry.
For people who genuinely are unable to work thats a totally different story,this country is currently breeding an idle generation sadly.
Achieved it on 10:07 - Jul 1 with 2532 viewsYadHoDale

Achieved it on 08:50 - Jul 1 by KenBoon

I'll make one comment on this subject because it's so old and Groundhog Day. If people were as motivated critiquing the people who take the utter-piss when it comes to tax avoidance (I do mean those who really take the piss) as they were listening and repeating the Press stereotype of Benefits Culture, then we'd be a much richer country.

The money lost by piss taking Tax Avoidance far outweighs monies claimed dishonorably. The media has their agenda. People enjoy being FURIOUS and OFFENDED by both ends of the spectrum.Channel 4 should be making a show called Avoidance Marina as well.

Nail = Head, Sir.

If scum like Amazon, Costa et al actually paid tax in Britain on the profits made from their trade here then that would probably pay a fair chunk of the "Benefits" budget...

And Tazzy - its your life, so carry on with your most entertaining blogs/reports (enjoying an Guinness or three enroute) and ignore the Dale chapter of the Westboro Baptists...
Achieved it on 10:13 - Jul 1 with 2511 viewsD_Alien

Achieved it on 09:39 - Jul 1 by nordenblue

Very good post,if id have posted that i would expect it to be labelled "vintage Nordenblue"though.
As someone who's had to spend thousands of my own money to retrain twice in the last decade to keep in decent employment it annoys the shit out of me the thousands who have no intention of working and happily drain the country dry.
For people who genuinely are unable to work thats a totally different story,this country is currently breeding an idle generation sadly.

I suspect Suggers is referring to people who, for whatever reason, are unable to work. It's not in the least that I have no sympathy for anyone in that position, but I'd still like Suggers to answer my questions.

It's one thing to be sympathetic and even helpful to people, another to use overly-emotive language like "food in the bellies of kids before school" as if the UK were some kind of third world country where the benefits system was determined to see people starve. Or that the role of the Chancellor of the Exchequer is to ensure that everyone feeds their children ahead of spending money on other things.

Achieved it on 10:27 - Jul 1 with 2481 viewsjoecooke

Achieved it on 22:56 - Jun 30 by D_Alien

Osborne has allowed the banking fraternity to commit fraud and deception on numerous occassions,it is criminal.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Achieved it on 10:28 - Jul 1 with 2469 viewsD_Alien

Achieved it on 10:27 - Jul 1 by joecooke

Osborne has allowed the banking fraternity to commit fraud and deception on numerous occassions,it is criminal.

Typical ignorant comment, completely oblivious to the fact that the banking regulations under which the majority of fraud was committed was put in the place by the last Labour administration.

[Post edited 1 Jul 2015 10:29]

Achieved it on 10:35 - Jul 1 with 2445 viewsjoecooke

Achieved it on 10:28 - Jul 1 by D_Alien

Typical ignorant comment, completely oblivious to the fact that the banking regulations under which the majority of fraud was committed was put in the place by the last Labour administration.

[Post edited 1 Jul 2015 10:29]

Who mentioned political bias? It was a statement of fact.I generally like your points of view on this messageboard but your self righteous approach becomes tiresome.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Achieved it on 10:42 - Jul 1 with 2422 viewsD_Alien

Achieved it on 10:35 - Jul 1 by joecooke

Who mentioned political bias? It was a statement of fact.I generally like your points of view on this messageboard but your self righteous approach becomes tiresome.

If you regard portraying George Osborne as some kind of unique villain when in fact he's doing his damnedest to reign in tax avoiders (it's in his own interests, as well as that of the country as a whole to do so), without reference to the tax regimes he inherited, that's either political bias, or plain ignorance. Your choice.

[Post edited 1 Jul 2015 10:45]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024