Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lionesses 23:57 - Jul 1 with 9864 viewsFondles

Go soccer, you can beat these small Chinese boys.
Kick em
Lionesses on 00:01 - Jul 2 with 6765 viewsFondles

Christ nearly 1 after 30 seconds
Lionesses on 00:13 - Jul 2 with 6752 viewsmacro

playing well so far
Lionesses on 00:45 - Jul 2 with 6731 viewsdalestats

Never a pen for england.

Poll: Remain in the eu

Lionesses on 00:52 - Jul 2 with 6726 viewsFondles

Very biased views. A clear pen for England?!
Not complaining like
Just hope they don't go 2 negative now as England have been on top.
Not a fan of 4G tho, does not give the game the credit it deserves
Lionesses on 01:12 - Jul 2 with 6711 viewsShun

Watching the live commentary on BBC Sport, looks like we're doing well! Both penalties were controversial it seems. Come on you Lionesses!
Lionesses on 01:53 - Jul 2 with 6697 viewsSandyman

England have two off the bar in the second half followed by an extremely unlucky own goal to put them out. Couldn't fault them for effort.
Lionesses on 01:58 - Jul 2 with 6695 viewsDiddyDave

Terrible bad luck for the winning goal for the Nips,but that`s football. I never thought they`d get to the semis,but got better as the tournament went on. So unlucky.
Lionesses on 02:47 - Jul 2 with 6675 viewsKenBoon

That was by far the best they've played in the tournament. Nearly every expert had Japan down to win easily. Tbh I thought England were far the better team, especially in the second half. Showed tactical, game management and discipline skills the Men's team rarely show. England loves gallant losers too, so other than winning its the best possible outcome.
Login to get fewer ads

Lionesses on 08:12 - Jul 2 with 6561 viewsDaleiLama

At least they restored a little pride to English footy.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Lionesses on 09:01 - Jul 2 with 6495 viewsoff2div1

Lionesses on 08:12 - Jul 2 by DaleiLama

At least they restored a little pride to English footy.

Lets go and beat the Germans
Lionesses on 09:16 - Jul 2 with 6474 viewsShun

I only watched about 20 minutes but England were far superior to their Nipponese counterparts. A shame.
Lionesses on 09:31 - Jul 2 with 6461 viewsdingdangblue

Lionesses on 09:16 - Jul 2 by Shun

I only watched about 20 minutes but England were far superior to their Nipponese counterparts. A shame.

The missed header from the lanky City lass was so close and England were really on top at that point - such a cruel goal to concede and like Lampards 'goal' against Germany it bounced so far over the line unbelievable it spun back out .......but unlike Lampards it was given this time. Well played girls.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Lionesses on 09:36 - Jul 2 with 6447 viewsJimmyRustler

Poor game. Japan dominated the stats but England were on top for the majority in my opinion.

How long have they been known as the Lionesses anyway? Is this in view of the term Lions being seen as potentially sexist or what?
Lionesses on 10:10 - Jul 2 with 6414 viewsdingdangblue

Lionesses on 09:36 - Jul 2 by JimmyRustler

Poor game. Japan dominated the stats but England were on top for the majority in my opinion.

How long have they been known as the Lionesses anyway? Is this in view of the term Lions being seen as potentially sexist or what?

Maybe its because Lions are male?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Lionesses on 10:37 - Jul 2 with 6381 viewsdingdangblue

You've got to fancy USA.

http://sportsmockery.com/2014/10/united-states-womens-soccer-team-loaded-beauty/

Lionesses on 10:46 - Jul 2 with 6366 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Lionesses on 10:37 - Jul 2 by dingdangblue

You've got to fancy USA.

http://sportsmockery.com/2014/10/united-states-womens-soccer-team-loaded-beauty/

........and aren't the Japanese team ugly to a man?

Beat 'em in the Beauty Stakes........
Lionesses on 12:29 - Jul 2 with 6279 views1mark1

Best England football performance in a tournament for years. Best since Bobby Robson's world cup semi finalists, in fact it matches that performance in my opinion. Very proud of them Lionesses.
Gutted how they went out, such bad luck for such an awesome defender.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 12:30]

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Lionesses on 13:34 - Jul 2 with 6192 viewsfrenzied

didn't realise it was a proper game..thought they were re running Gregorys Girl..hilarious
Lionesses on 14:03 - Jul 2 with 6133 viewsJimmyRustler

Lionesses on 10:10 - Jul 2 by dingdangblue

Maybe its because Lions are male?

Three lions on a shirt nonetheless. I have a nagging feeling that if they were referred to as lions, the press would be accused of trying to emasculate the team in what is already a male dominated sport but maybe that's just me.
Lionesses on 14:07 - Jul 2 with 6127 viewsD_Alien

Lionesses on 14:03 - Jul 2 by JimmyRustler

Three lions on a shirt nonetheless. I have a nagging feeling that if they were referred to as lions, the press would be accused of trying to emasculate the team in what is already a male dominated sport but maybe that's just me.

It can only get worse Jimmy

The youth team are going be called the Cubs

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Lionesses on 15:32 - Jul 2 with 6040 viewsdeezel

The women's Over 40s could be the Cougars!
Lionesses on 15:32 - Jul 2 with 6040 views1mark1

Simple really. Lions are male, female Lions are Lionesses. Personally I think they earned the name in this tournament, maybe the men's team will one day earn a nickname they deserve.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Lionesses on 15:35 - Jul 2 with 6037 viewsKenBoon

Lionesses on 14:03 - Jul 2 by JimmyRustler

Nah it's for branding and commercial purposes.
If it was down to PC and Social Justice, Tumblr feminism would take the view that they should be called Lions. Someone at The Guardian would write a blog saying how calling them Lionesses is misogyny and an example of the white male patriarchy at organisations like The FA. Twitter Social Justice Warriors would find themselves a hate figure (probably Goaliath the Euro '96 mascot) and hashtag hate Goaliath until he shaves all his fur off, apologises ten times and gets fired from his job.

On the subject of The Guardian. Great article on their website about how the GB Women's team SHOULD be playing at the 2016 Olympics, but petty politics between the home FAs meant they'll miss out. There are some utter clowns running OUR game.
Lionesses on 16:15 - Jul 2 with 5993 viewsD_Alien

Lionesses on 15:32 - Jul 2 by deezel

The women's Over 40s could be the Cougars!

How about the Man City Milfs?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Lionesses on 16:22 - Jul 2 with 5981 viewsColDale

My issue with the women's team is that many of the compliments they receive are merely backhanded insults at the men's teams, and even then, it's often really a criticism of the male stereotypical footballer as portrayed by the media.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024