Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tenerife News 16:45 - Jul 3 with 13430 viewsSuddenLad

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/players-arrive-in-tenerife-2524741.asp

By the way. If you're not a Dale Player subscriber you won't find out. Another way to alienate supporters.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2015 16:48]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Tenerife News on 17:34 - Jul 3 with 6992 viewsNewbury_Dale

Team Rochdale !!
Tenerife News on 18:02 - Jul 3 with 6923 viewspl56

Seems odd to me to have the media officer on board whilst minimising publicity , and , again a personal view , says very little for any new marketing strategy . I really think some hard thought needs to be given to the corporate image projected , but I guess this is an issue that's been aired to death on here .
Tenerife News on 18:15 - Jul 3 with 6883 views442Dale

To be fair they only arrived last night and it's just an introduction. There was mention made of using all the club's social media while on trip so maybe when they're settled a full report/ YouTube coverage will follow. Bit harsh to be too critical after less than 24hrs!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tenerife News on 18:16 - Jul 3 with 6882 viewsSuddenLad

Colin's Tenerife Diaries have been the highlight of pre-season for several years and were greatly anticipated and enjoyed by members of this Board. They have provided a humorous and detailed insight into the 'goings-on' at the training camp.

I can't see why we should now be effectively 'charged' to find out what has always previously been free to all messageboard members.

Why bother doing them at all if so few people will have access to them ?

Tenerife News on 18:31 - Jul 3 with 6841 viewsisitme

There is nothing to see anyway unless you like watching players dribbling with a ball with some backing music. I am sure that there will be an edited version on YouTube for free later. You cannot have it both ways - criticise the club for not raising commercial revenue and then complaining when they have premium content aimed at increasing this.

I do agree that Colin's diaries were a highlight of the season. I wonder what has changed which means he is no longer doing them?
Tenerife News on 18:44 - Jul 3 with 6803 viewsSuddenLad

Tenerife News on 18:31 - Jul 3 by isitme

There is nothing to see anyway unless you like watching players dribbling with a ball with some backing music. I am sure that there will be an edited version on YouTube for free later. You cannot have it both ways - criticise the club for not raising commercial revenue and then complaining when they have premium content aimed at increasing this.

I do agree that Colin's diaries were a highlight of the season. I wonder what has changed which means he is no longer doing them?

He just decided he didn't want to do them again (or so I was told). That's fair enough, it must be time consuming amongst all his other daily club duties.

When it was announced that the diaries would continue with a different author, no mention was made of them only being available by subscription. I just think it's piss poor PR from the club.

Tenerife News on 18:46 - Jul 3 with 6792 viewsseasidedale

It was said that reports/diary would be across all media, player, youtube, dale wall ect
Tenerife News on 18:48 - Jul 3 with 6775 viewsdalefan

Tenerife News on 18:44 - Jul 3 by SuddenLad

He just decided he didn't want to do them again (or so I was told). That's fair enough, it must be time consuming amongst all his other daily club duties.

When it was announced that the diaries would continue with a different author, no mention was made of them only being available by subscription. I just think it's piss poor PR from the club.

Calm down ffs. Who says the diaries are only available on subscription, there haven't been any yet. It was just a couple of minutes showing the players dribbling a ball. Some people don't half get their knickers in a twist over nothing.
As a previous poster said the club get criticised for not raising income and some criticise when they do, probably the same people
[Post edited 3 Jul 2015 18:49]
Login to get fewer ads

Tenerife News on 18:51 - Jul 3 with 6752 viewsdingdangblue

Colins final diary from last year - for those missing him.

The final diary from CEO in Tenerife

Tenerife Diary

Day 7 Thursday 9th July 2014

I'm sure I got to bed earlier than Phil Scolari and had a better nights kip, even on this slab that they call a bed, we all have our problems, wonder if he will have resigned by the time this gets published, 1-7 on your own patch in a World Cup semi-final is a freak result but, don't panic, it could be worse.

I had a really weird dream last night, which would you believe involved me playing in goal for the England women's team against the German women's team, in the game we went a goal down against the strong favourites in some important game, against the odds we scored an equaliser and then all I can remember was me playing for time by trying to chat up the German forwards, don't tell Mrs G about that bit, it was really weird and I'm not sure where the dream went from there, I probably woke up.

I was on my way to breakfast at 7.45 and stopped off at the treatment room, which was a hive of activity, Ollie was waiting for treatment as was Jack, Lundy and Joe who were already on the beds with the Gaffer and Beechy were also casting their eyes over proceedings.

I had breakfast with AK and we discussed the game from the previous evening and generally tried to put the world to rights. We made our way up to the training ground for 8.45am for the morning training session, which was to include Doney who was feeling more like himself and ready to resume training. Unfortunately Joe had suffered a back pain and didn't get much sleep in the night so Gaz had him on the bed and was doing some manipulation on his back.

The warm up area had been carefully prepared by Kevin and Fradders and Steve had set up his area for the keepers to work in with the main pitch had been prepared by the Gaffer and Beechy with the help of the Chairman and Tony. The warm up session included a variety of exercises both with the ball and without and involved jumps and sprints ant turns through the equipment that included poles, cones, ladders, hurdles etc. the next part of the session was possession squares in the corner of the pitch between the penalty area line and the touch line and then coned from the goal line to the edge of the penalty area to create an area 10m x 18m, there were two areas one on each side of the penalty area, there were two team of 8 players in each square and then two of these players were separated in to a 6 v 2 scenarios and the 6 had to keep possession while the two players pressed them, then on the signal from the Gaffer the two players had to sprint across to the other area on the other side of the pitch and press again against the other 6 players, these were done in 3 minute sets and each player rotated to be a member of the two player team.

At about 10.30 I bought a house back in the UK, I got a call from Bill who is doing our legal work to say he was in a position to exchange contracts and wanted to check that we had the buildings insurance in place as he didn't want to exchange and then the house burn down tonight, to let you in to a little secret neither did I. I managed to get on to my current contents insures who have done both our buildings and contents insurance in the past and get building cover on the new purchase. I then phone Bill to confirm I'd managed to arrange cover and he went off to do the exchange with the seller’s solicitors and soon afterwards he phoned me back to say it's all done. Absolutely amazing to think you can spend tens of thousands of pounds on your house from so far away but it has been about 18 moths of stress, frustration and expense in the making. I was going to phone Mrs G to tell her that we'd completed but she’d only want to talk about furniture and all that stuff so don't tell her about that either, bless (deceitful bless).

Back to the main part of the session and the theme of the morning, which was possession and pressing. The training area for this exercise was a 40 metre square playing area with poles at each of the four corners, also along each line was cones at 10 metre intervals. The Gaffer had split the teams in to the following: BLUE TEAM: McGinty, Doney, Tanz, Hendo, Bastien, Andrew, Callum and Scott. WHITE TEAM: Rosey, Raff, Jamie, Rhys, Cameron, BBM, Peter and George. The two teams of 8 players a side would start in the main area of the square and look to retain possession whilst being pressed on that possession by the other team who were looking to regain possession.

At different times the Gaffer would halt the play and then at first one of the teams would rest while the other teams split into pairs of players on each of the lines and do sprints to each of the four cones on their lines, turning at each cone and sprinting back and then moving on to the next cone, if I've done my maths correctly that would be a total of 200 meters for each complete run but the Gaffer could vary this, which he did. If you think about the first team going off to do their set of sprints while one team rested, arguably it was then harder for the team doing the sprints to come back to the main area and either regain or retain the possession. The Gaffer did vary who was doing what sprints and when to the point that at one stage he had four blues and four whites both resting but then also competing in pairs on the line at the sprints. This segment lasted for 60 minutes and prior to the warm down the squad was split in to two groups with one groups practicing the set and finish routine while the others worked on heading.

While we were packing up the banter continued and Gaz made reference to Thomas Cromwell, which I thought would be a good topic for our daily, it's not just an adventure it's an education. Thomas Cromwell, born in 1485 served as first minister to the then Monarch who just happened to be King Henry VIII, he arranged a number of marriages and then annulments to satisfy the King but in the end he was executed on the 28th July 1540 for treason and heresy. I made my way back to the hotel and waited for Thorpey and Gaz to arrive back at the treatment room and after they had treated a few players, I managed to get back on Gaz's bed and he worked his magic on my calf muscle again. My afternoon was a whole lot busier than I had anticipated and I spent most of the afternoon, either on the phone or on the laptop working and sorting emails, I totally disrespected the local siesta tradition and I didn't even get a chance to open the Kindle and read my book. The afternoon had passed in no time and just after 4.30pm we were heading back up to the training ground for the final session of our training camp week.

The ground was set out and I could see cones in one half of the pitch, two sets of full size goals in the other half and then three areas of cones and or poles on each side of the pitch next to the part of the pitch with the goals and some off the pitch behind the goals. The Gaffer had chosen the teams again, which were not too different from this morning, Ash came back and the Gaffer put Scott, into a floating role. So after Kevin's warm ups we moved in to the second session where Beechy had set out a series of cones with a variety of distances between each of them, this was to a Passing exercise across the distances of 10,15 and 20 yards which was designed in the first instance to encourage the soft touch followed by the fast pass, through the players had to pass and replace, which means they move to fill the space left by a team mate who has passed and moved to receive another pass and then filled the gap. The main part of the session was very intense with a good mixture of activity. The teams would compete on the pitch that was only as wide as the penalty areas with two full size sets of goals, one of them in the normal place the other with its back support bar just touching the centre circle.

The two teams of 8 were joined by the keepers, Josh, Johnny and Scott were the floating players who could assist the team in possession of the ball making it 9 v 8 outfield players and Scott could score for either side. The Gaffer fed the game at whatever point the ball went dead and he does this in a number of ways, short, long or just having a go at goal himself. The cones and poles outside the field have different distances associated to them, one course has the poles 50 metres apart, one course has them 25 metres apart and the other course has them at 5 metres apart times 4 where you run to the first set of cones, turn and go back and then progress to the second set and so on.

The games are 8 minutes in duration and there are five of those, between the games the two teams go to one of the coned courses to do sprints, the staff are posted on each course to make sure all the players go all the distance as well as shouting encouragement and these are rotated between each game as directed by the Gaffer. The object of the games are, naturally to score goals and win but the Gaffer and Beechy are looking for players to press, block and intercept as well as pass and move, you are allowed to tackle but the encouragement to not overcommit yourself and not go to ground is the prospect of having to do another 100 metres on the sprints. In terms of the games the results were:

(White team from this morning now in Orange)

Game One

1-1 Jamie for orange and Andrew for blues

Game Two

3-1 to the blues, Cameron for orange, Scott, Callum and the Gaffer for blues.

Game Three

3-1 to the blues again, Scott for orange, Bastien and a Callum brace for blues.

Game Four

2-2 Raff and Scott for orange, Andrew brace for blues.

Game Five

5-3 to blues, orange scorers, Jamie, Peter and Scott, blues scorers Andrew hat-trick, Bastien and Tanz.

Overall that is 14-8 to the blues and yes the Gaffer serving from the side for the blues but then he so he should have done as he had enough attempts while serving the restarts. The session was fast and furious, serious but enjoyable, it appeared to be the sprints that were the killer of this session and I think the spread was designed to achieve 1600 metres between the games. This was a hard session and was marked accordingly by the players and was marked as the second hardest session of the week. Kevin did the warm down, Fradders did the final weigh in of the week and the Gaffer gave his summary of the week as well as emphasise what he was looking for in the pre-season games over the next four weeks and ahead of the Football League kick-off on the 9th August.

The staff started to prepare to break camp, which we will do in two parts, we will get some of our equipment back to the hotel tonight and for instance start to deflate our balls ready for packing tomorrow, we intend to go back up to T3 tomorrow morning to finish off and thank the staff. It was almost 8 pm when I got back to my room and too late for a swim again so I settled for a shower and changed for dinner. All the lads were in the dining room in a sombre mood although the same couldn't be said for Hendo’s shirt. In previous years I have run a competition for the most horrendous swimming shorts, this year’s completion never got off the ground as there was nothing horrendous enough to come close to previous winners. Now Hendo's shirt is worthy of a new competition of the camps most horrendous shirt and is a worthy winner. Another winner tonight was Johnny who successfully challenged and beat Kevin's world record of how many scoops of ice cream you can get in to a standard dessert bowl, he too defied gravity to steal this record. After dinner I called in to Our Jack's room to help him let down the balls but he'd already done them so I went to my room to watch the Argentina v Holland game, not quite as entertaining on the goal front. I also gave in and rang Mrs G despite knowing the conversation would descend to furniture and the like.

This is the last diary from this year’s training camp as we head back to the UK tomorrow. It will also be the last ever Training Camp Diary from yours truly as I've decided to retire from International Daily Diary Writing, it's been fun while it lasted and an absolute privilege, like other years to be on this year’s camp and bring you an insight as to how the team go about their business and the camaraderie in a great squad of players and staff. I must pay a special mention to the staff who work in the background and often go unseen but I do appreciate the work put in by the likes of Jack, Thorpey, Gaz, Fradders and Kevin to help prepare and support the players in trying to achieve what we all want them to achieve. The players have worked very hard on the training camp giving their all in the structured sessions set for them by the Gaffer, Beechy and the rest of the coaching staff, last year we were well prepared and got our rewards over a long and successful season, here's hoping for the same again.

[Post edited 3 Jul 2015 18:54]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Tenerife News on 19:10 - Jul 3 with 6680 viewsRalphs12

Tenerife News on 18:48 - Jul 3 by dalefan

Calm down ffs. Who says the diaries are only available on subscription, there haven't been any yet. It was just a couple of minutes showing the players dribbling a ball. Some people don't half get their knickers in a twist over nothing.
As a previous poster said the club get criticised for not raising income and some criticise when they do, probably the same people
[Post edited 3 Jul 2015 18:49]

Some people just love a good moan. The diaries normally ran a day behind no? so surely we are UP on information so far. Jesus wept.
Tenerife News on 20:42 - Jul 3 with 6474 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Tenerife News on 19:10 - Jul 3 by Ralphs12

Some people just love a good moan. The diaries normally ran a day behind no? so surely we are UP on information so far. Jesus wept.

Yep its in our genies!

Moan on!
Tenerife News on 21:18 - Jul 3 with 6384 viewsrkershaw

Tenerife News on 20:42 - Jul 3 by Yorkshire_Dale

Yep its in our genies!

Moan on!

Up on Dale Youtube now...Back to writing the terrace hits for this coming season!!!!
[Post edited 3 Jul 2015 21:19]
Tenerife News on 21:52 - Jul 3 with 6293 views442Dale

Tenerife News on 19:10 - Jul 3 by Ralphs12

Yeah, thought the same about the written reports. The training videos on YouTube are pretty interesting to watch, don't think we had many clips of the actual sessions in the past.

Tenerife News on 21:57 - Jul 3 with 6274 viewsisitme

It looks like there are two interviews to be uploaded as well. I can't recall any of them from preseason tours before.

Again I would suspect they would be in full on DalePlayer then a shorter version on YouTube with an abridged text version that plugs DalePlayer for the full interviews.
Tenerife News on 22:13 - Jul 3 with 6234 views442Dale

Tenerife News on 21:57 - Jul 3 by isitme

It looks like there are two interviews to be uploaded as well. I can't recall any of them from preseason tours before.

Again I would suspect they would be in full on DalePlayer then a shorter version on YouTube with an abridged text version that plugs DalePlayer for the full interviews.

Which is great coverage.

The coaching staff will boil wearing black t-shirts though...

Tenerife News on 22:50 - Jul 3 with 6158 viewsKenBoon

In case you don't subscribe to DalePlayer(not in)HD. Just play this embedded video. Sit back, listen, close your eyes and picture men in Rochdale training gear, jogging about tapping Footballs under the Tenerife sun. I've taken you there and you didn't even need to give me your Credit Card details for a free trial. You're welcome. #KenBoonHD

Tenerife News on 00:04 - Jul 4 with 6047 views442Dale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/jim-mcnultys-thoughts-on-tenerife-trip

There's a link to the interview on YouTube too.

Tenerife News on 09:23 - Jul 4 with 5744 viewsDaleaholic

It's a pre-season trip for the team, not the fans.

Nobody is obliged to 'write a diary' or give updates on what's going on just for your approval.

I prefer the way it is this time round, live tweets/Facebook updates and more photo/video updates. The old diaries were a bit long winded with little to no pictorial/video content.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Tenerife News on 09:30 - Jul 4 with 5726 views442Dale

Tenerife News on 09:23 - Jul 4 by Daleaholic

It's a pre-season trip for the team, not the fans.

Nobody is obliged to 'write a diary' or give updates on what's going on just for your approval.

I prefer the way it is this time round, live tweets/Facebook updates and more photo/video updates. The old diaries were a bit long winded with little to no pictorial/video content.

The coverage is brilliant on twitter. Pictures "live" from the start of training this morning. Anyone who has never bothered with twitter before really should give it a go, if only to follow the club right now.

Tenerife News on 09:34 - Jul 4 with 5722 viewsTVOS1907

Tenerife News on 18:51 - Jul 3 by dingdangblue

Colins final diary from last year - for those missing him.

The final diary from CEO in Tenerife

Tenerife Diary

Day 7 Thursday 9th July 2014

I'm sure I got to bed earlier than Phil Scolari and had a better nights kip, even on this slab that they call a bed, we all have our problems, wonder if he will have resigned by the time this gets published, 1-7 on your own patch in a World Cup semi-final is a freak result but, don't panic, it could be worse.

I had a really weird dream last night, which would you believe involved me playing in goal for the England women's team against the German women's team, in the game we went a goal down against the strong favourites in some important game, against the odds we scored an equaliser and then all I can remember was me playing for time by trying to chat up the German forwards, don't tell Mrs G about that bit, it was really weird and I'm not sure where the dream went from there, I probably woke up.

I was on my way to breakfast at 7.45 and stopped off at the treatment room, which was a hive of activity, Ollie was waiting for treatment as was Jack, Lundy and Joe who were already on the beds with the Gaffer and Beechy were also casting their eyes over proceedings.

I had breakfast with AK and we discussed the game from the previous evening and generally tried to put the world to rights. We made our way up to the training ground for 8.45am for the morning training session, which was to include Doney who was feeling more like himself and ready to resume training. Unfortunately Joe had suffered a back pain and didn't get much sleep in the night so Gaz had him on the bed and was doing some manipulation on his back.

The warm up area had been carefully prepared by Kevin and Fradders and Steve had set up his area for the keepers to work in with the main pitch had been prepared by the Gaffer and Beechy with the help of the Chairman and Tony. The warm up session included a variety of exercises both with the ball and without and involved jumps and sprints ant turns through the equipment that included poles, cones, ladders, hurdles etc. the next part of the session was possession squares in the corner of the pitch between the penalty area line and the touch line and then coned from the goal line to the edge of the penalty area to create an area 10m x 18m, there were two areas one on each side of the penalty area, there were two team of 8 players in each square and then two of these players were separated in to a 6 v 2 scenarios and the 6 had to keep possession while the two players pressed them, then on the signal from the Gaffer the two players had to sprint across to the other area on the other side of the pitch and press again against the other 6 players, these were done in 3 minute sets and each player rotated to be a member of the two player team.

At about 10.30 I bought a house back in the UK, I got a call from Bill who is doing our legal work to say he was in a position to exchange contracts and wanted to check that we had the buildings insurance in place as he didn't want to exchange and then the house burn down tonight, to let you in to a little secret neither did I. I managed to get on to my current contents insures who have done both our buildings and contents insurance in the past and get building cover on the new purchase. I then phone Bill to confirm I'd managed to arrange cover and he went off to do the exchange with the seller’s solicitors and soon afterwards he phoned me back to say it's all done. Absolutely amazing to think you can spend tens of thousands of pounds on your house from so far away but it has been about 18 moths of stress, frustration and expense in the making. I was going to phone Mrs G to tell her that we'd completed but she’d only want to talk about furniture and all that stuff so don't tell her about that either, bless (deceitful bless).

Back to the main part of the session and the theme of the morning, which was possession and pressing. The training area for this exercise was a 40 metre square playing area with poles at each of the four corners, also along each line was cones at 10 metre intervals. The Gaffer had split the teams in to the following: BLUE TEAM: McGinty, Doney, Tanz, Hendo, Bastien, Andrew, Callum and Scott. WHITE TEAM: Rosey, Raff, Jamie, Rhys, Cameron, BBM, Peter and George. The two teams of 8 players a side would start in the main area of the square and look to retain possession whilst being pressed on that possession by the other team who were looking to regain possession.

At different times the Gaffer would halt the play and then at first one of the teams would rest while the other teams split into pairs of players on each of the lines and do sprints to each of the four cones on their lines, turning at each cone and sprinting back and then moving on to the next cone, if I've done my maths correctly that would be a total of 200 meters for each complete run but the Gaffer could vary this, which he did. If you think about the first team going off to do their set of sprints while one team rested, arguably it was then harder for the team doing the sprints to come back to the main area and either regain or retain the possession. The Gaffer did vary who was doing what sprints and when to the point that at one stage he had four blues and four whites both resting but then also competing in pairs on the line at the sprints. This segment lasted for 60 minutes and prior to the warm down the squad was split in to two groups with one groups practicing the set and finish routine while the others worked on heading.

While we were packing up the banter continued and Gaz made reference to Thomas Cromwell, which I thought would be a good topic for our daily, it's not just an adventure it's an education. Thomas Cromwell, born in 1485 served as first minister to the then Monarch who just happened to be King Henry VIII, he arranged a number of marriages and then annulments to satisfy the King but in the end he was executed on the 28th July 1540 for treason and heresy. I made my way back to the hotel and waited for Thorpey and Gaz to arrive back at the treatment room and after they had treated a few players, I managed to get back on Gaz's bed and he worked his magic on my calf muscle again. My afternoon was a whole lot busier than I had anticipated and I spent most of the afternoon, either on the phone or on the laptop working and sorting emails, I totally disrespected the local siesta tradition and I didn't even get a chance to open the Kindle and read my book. The afternoon had passed in no time and just after 4.30pm we were heading back up to the training ground for the final session of our training camp week.

The ground was set out and I could see cones in one half of the pitch, two sets of full size goals in the other half and then three areas of cones and or poles on each side of the pitch next to the part of the pitch with the goals and some off the pitch behind the goals. The Gaffer had chosen the teams again, which were not too different from this morning, Ash came back and the Gaffer put Scott, into a floating role. So after Kevin's warm ups we moved in to the second session where Beechy had set out a series of cones with a variety of distances between each of them, this was to a Passing exercise across the distances of 10,15 and 20 yards which was designed in the first instance to encourage the soft touch followed by the fast pass, through the players had to pass and replace, which means they move to fill the space left by a team mate who has passed and moved to receive another pass and then filled the gap. The main part of the session was very intense with a good mixture of activity. The teams would compete on the pitch that was only as wide as the penalty areas with two full size sets of goals, one of them in the normal place the other with its back support bar just touching the centre circle.

The two teams of 8 were joined by the keepers, Josh, Johnny and Scott were the floating players who could assist the team in possession of the ball making it 9 v 8 outfield players and Scott could score for either side. The Gaffer fed the game at whatever point the ball went dead and he does this in a number of ways, short, long or just having a go at goal himself. The cones and poles outside the field have different distances associated to them, one course has the poles 50 metres apart, one course has them 25 metres apart and the other course has them at 5 metres apart times 4 where you run to the first set of cones, turn and go back and then progress to the second set and so on.

The games are 8 minutes in duration and there are five of those, between the games the two teams go to one of the coned courses to do sprints, the staff are posted on each course to make sure all the players go all the distance as well as shouting encouragement and these are rotated between each game as directed by the Gaffer. The object of the games are, naturally to score goals and win but the Gaffer and Beechy are looking for players to press, block and intercept as well as pass and move, you are allowed to tackle but the encouragement to not overcommit yourself and not go to ground is the prospect of having to do another 100 metres on the sprints. In terms of the games the results were:

(White team from this morning now in Orange)

Game One

1-1 Jamie for orange and Andrew for blues

Game Two

3-1 to the blues, Cameron for orange, Scott, Callum and the Gaffer for blues.

Game Three

3-1 to the blues again, Scott for orange, Bastien and a Callum brace for blues.

Game Four

2-2 Raff and Scott for orange, Andrew brace for blues.

Game Five

5-3 to blues, orange scorers, Jamie, Peter and Scott, blues scorers Andrew hat-trick, Bastien and Tanz.

Overall that is 14-8 to the blues and yes the Gaffer serving from the side for the blues but then he so he should have done as he had enough attempts while serving the restarts. The session was fast and furious, serious but enjoyable, it appeared to be the sprints that were the killer of this session and I think the spread was designed to achieve 1600 metres between the games. This was a hard session and was marked accordingly by the players and was marked as the second hardest session of the week. Kevin did the warm down, Fradders did the final weigh in of the week and the Gaffer gave his summary of the week as well as emphasise what he was looking for in the pre-season games over the next four weeks and ahead of the Football League kick-off on the 9th August.

The staff started to prepare to break camp, which we will do in two parts, we will get some of our equipment back to the hotel tonight and for instance start to deflate our balls ready for packing tomorrow, we intend to go back up to T3 tomorrow morning to finish off and thank the staff. It was almost 8 pm when I got back to my room and too late for a swim again so I settled for a shower and changed for dinner. All the lads were in the dining room in a sombre mood although the same couldn't be said for Hendo’s shirt. In previous years I have run a competition for the most horrendous swimming shorts, this year’s completion never got off the ground as there was nothing horrendous enough to come close to previous winners. Now Hendo's shirt is worthy of a new competition of the camps most horrendous shirt and is a worthy winner. Another winner tonight was Johnny who successfully challenged and beat Kevin's world record of how many scoops of ice cream you can get in to a standard dessert bowl, he too defied gravity to steal this record. After dinner I called in to Our Jack's room to help him let down the balls but he'd already done them so I went to my room to watch the Argentina v Holland game, not quite as entertaining on the goal front. I also gave in and rang Mrs G despite knowing the conversation would descend to furniture and the like.

This is the last diary from this year’s training camp as we head back to the UK tomorrow. It will also be the last ever Training Camp Diary from yours truly as I've decided to retire from International Daily Diary Writing, it's been fun while it lasted and an absolute privilege, like other years to be on this year’s camp and bring you an insight as to how the team go about their business and the camaraderie in a great squad of players and staff. I must pay a special mention to the staff who work in the background and often go unseen but I do appreciate the work put in by the likes of Jack, Thorpey, Gaz, Fradders and Kevin to help prepare and support the players in trying to achieve what we all want them to achieve. The players have worked very hard on the training camp giving their all in the structured sessions set for them by the Gaffer, Beechy and the rest of the coaching staff, last year we were well prepared and got our rewards over a long and successful season, here's hoping for the same again.

[Post edited 3 Jul 2015 18:54]

Was that article sub-edited by Whitey?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Tenerife News on 09:35 - Jul 4 with 5715 viewsColDale

Tenerife News on 09:30 - Jul 4 by 442Dale

The coverage is brilliant on twitter. Pictures "live" from the start of training this morning. Anyone who has never bothered with twitter before really should give it a go, if only to follow the club right now.

Am I the only one scouring the pics hoping to see Conrad Logan lurking in the background somewhere?
Tenerife News on 09:37 - Jul 4 with 5699 views442Dale

Tenerife News on 09:35 - Jul 4 by ColDale

Am I the only one scouring the pics hoping to see Conrad Logan lurking in the background somewhere?

Trying to work out squad numbers too.

Tenerife News on 09:58 - Jul 4 with 5662 viewsnordenblue

Tenerife News on 09:34 - Jul 4 by TVOS1907

Was that article sub-edited by Whitey?

Its too short to be creditied to such an author
Tenerife News on 10:37 - Jul 4 with 5604 viewsChaffRAFC

Tenerife News on 09:35 - Jul 4 by ColDale

No, you weren't but I've not even bothered reading them giving that Leighanne said there are no trialists.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Tenerife News on 10:40 - Jul 4 with 5587 views442Dale

Tenerife News on 10:37 - Jul 4 by ChaffRAFC

No, you weren't but I've not even bothered reading them giving that Leighanne said there are no trialists.

Have we ever had trialists that have ended up being spectacular? Genuine question because I really don't know!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024