Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sean o'driscoll 22:46 - Jul 5 with 1922 viewsdalestats

New Liverpool assistant manager!! Wow

Poll: Remain in the eu

Sean o'driscoll on 23:45 - Jul 5 with 1874 viewsSuddenLad

Last Friday, I read that he'd been appointed head of their academy.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Sean o'driscoll on 00:12 - Jul 6 with 1837 viewsBrierls

Sean o'driscoll on 23:45 - Jul 5 by SuddenLad

Last Friday, I read that he'd been appointed head of their academy.

It's not like you to read something and come to the wrong conclusion. 😂😂😂
Sean o'driscoll on 06:23 - Jul 6 with 1756 viewsdavidab2202

Sean o'driscoll on 00:12 - Jul 6 by Brierls

Would have been a bit concerned if he had been appointed Asst Manager at Dale,never mind how totally underwhelmed Liverpool Fans must be viewing the appointment.
Sean o'driscoll on 07:28 - Jul 6 with 1700 viewsBrierls

Sean o'driscoll on 06:23 - Jul 6 by davidab2202

Would have been a bit concerned if he had been appointed Asst Manager at Dale,never mind how totally underwhelmed Liverpool Fans must be viewing the appointment.

I really don't see what all the fuss is about. O'Driscoll is a highly regarded, experienced coach who likes his teams to play football. Seems a perfect fit for Liverpool. He's not the manager.

The appointment was the main talking point on TalkSport on Friday and it drove me mad. Liverpool fans (though there wasn't a scouser amongst them, so basically seasoned TalkSport regular moaners) and the knob Durham were rabbiting on about him not being a 'name'. How many Premier League clubs have a 'name' as a Number 2? That fella at Chelsea would be completely unknown if he hadn't lost the plot on the touchline a few years back, and he's not done bad as a Number 2 for Mourinho. Or has he? The point is we don't know, because we very rarely hear about the assistant manager until they're sacked or sometimes take over as caretaker manager.

It looks like Hyypia and Benitez' ex-assistant are returning to complete the new coaching team. Would Hyypia be a better choice as assistant because he used to play at Liverpool? Or an ex-assistant who is that good he hasn't been working with Benitez at Napoli or Real Madrid? The Number 2 earns his corn on the training pitch, and the only one's who can really judge performance there are the managers and the players.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2015 7:34]
Sean o'driscoll on 08:18 - Jul 6 with 1621 viewsdavidab2202

Sean o'driscoll on 07:28 - Jul 6 by Brierls

I really don't see what all the fuss is about. O'Driscoll is a highly regarded, experienced coach who likes his teams to play football. Seems a perfect fit for Liverpool. He's not the manager.

The appointment was the main talking point on TalkSport on Friday and it drove me mad. Liverpool fans (though there wasn't a scouser amongst them, so basically seasoned TalkSport regular moaners) and the knob Durham were rabbiting on about him not being a 'name'. How many Premier League clubs have a 'name' as a Number 2? That fella at Chelsea would be completely unknown if he hadn't lost the plot on the touchline a few years back, and he's not done bad as a Number 2 for Mourinho. Or has he? The point is we don't know, because we very rarely hear about the assistant manager until they're sacked or sometimes take over as caretaker manager.

It looks like Hyypia and Benitez' ex-assistant are returning to complete the new coaching team. Would Hyypia be a better choice as assistant because he used to play at Liverpool? Or an ex-assistant who is that good he hasn't been working with Benitez at Napoli or Real Madrid? The Number 2 earns his corn on the training pitch, and the only one's who can really judge performance there are the managers and the players.

Agree with many of the points that you have made, just the thought that other then Bournemouth were he had some success,his management career would be best described as no more then average.Because of the clubs involved I would assume that there would be some input from him on the training ground which didn't bring a huge amount of success.
Sean o'driscoll on 08:30 - Jul 6 with 1607 viewsdingdangblue

Sean o'driscoll on 07:28 - Jul 6 by Brierls

Parkin, Barrow, Simpson and Eyre all having success as Number 2's/coaching staff. At the end of the day its not what you know its who you know half the time.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Sean o'driscoll on 10:18 - Jul 6 with 1494 viewsSuddenLad

Sean o'driscoll on 00:12 - Jul 6 by Brierls

I didn't come to the wrong conclusion. I read that he had been appointed head of Liverpool's academy to replace some Dutchman who would likely be appointed No.2 to Rodgers. O'Driscoll would leave the England U-19 job to take up the appointment.

It was on the BBC text service amongst 20 pages of other snippets.

This morning the BBC text says he is now assistant manager following the sacking of Colin Pascoe and Mike Marsh.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Sean o'driscoll on 23:20 - Jul 7 with 1118 viewsBrierls

Sean o'driscoll on 10:18 - Jul 6 by SuddenLad

I didn't come to the wrong conclusion. I read that he had been appointed head of Liverpool's academy to replace some Dutchman who would likely be appointed No.2 to Rodgers. O'Driscoll would leave the England U-19 job to take up the appointment.

It was on the BBC text service amongst 20 pages of other snippets.

This morning the BBC text says he is now assistant manager following the sacking of Colin Pascoe and Mike Marsh.

Read in the same way that you read the coverage of Dale's pre-season trip would only be available to Dale Player subscribers?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024