Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New signings 11:50 - Jul 25 with 7685 viewsAtThePeake

Still 2/3 signings that Keith wants. Does anyone know who they might be?

Tangled up in blue.

New signings on 12:08 - Jul 25 with 7646 viewsChaffRAFC

No idea who he might be after but I'd be amazed if he's not still looking to sign Conrad Logan when fit. I suspect the reason we haven't done yet will be that he's just not fit yet.

A defensive minded midfield is a must for me, maybe James Bailey (ex Barnsley, bags of Championship and League One experience) or John Lundstram (ex Everton, highly rated kid recently on trial at Crewe).

Maybe a centre back still given how shaky Lancashire was last season and Eastham not having played in pre-season yet. Someone like Nathan Clarke (recently released by Orient to move back north), or Anthony Gerrard, released by Huddersfield and was on loan at Oldham last season.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

New signings on 12:19 - Jul 25 with 7614 viewsscooby

New signings on 12:08 - Jul 25 by ChaffRAFC

No idea who he might be after but I'd be amazed if he's not still looking to sign Conrad Logan when fit. I suspect the reason we haven't done yet will be that he's just not fit yet.

A defensive minded midfield is a must for me, maybe James Bailey (ex Barnsley, bags of Championship and League One experience) or John Lundstram (ex Everton, highly rated kid recently on trial at Crewe).

Maybe a centre back still given how shaky Lancashire was last season and Eastham not having played in pre-season yet. Someone like Nathan Clarke (recently released by Orient to move back north), or Anthony Gerrard, released by Huddersfield and was on loan at Oldham last season.

This post has been edited by an administrator

no out and out striker on that list??
New signings on 12:21 - Jul 25 with 7602 viewsChaffRAFC

New signings on 12:19 - Jul 25 by scooby

no out and out striker on that list??

Don't think Hill would want one. He'll point to the fact we scored lots of goals last season and that we've got the likes of Henderson, Alessandra, Vincenti, McDermott, Andrew, Bunney etc as attacking options

New signings on 12:33 - Jul 25 with 7569 viewsscooby

New signings on 12:21 - Jul 25 by ChaffRAFC

Don't think Hill would want one. He'll point to the fact we scored lots of goals last season and that we've got the likes of Henderson, Alessandra, Vincenti, McDermott, Andrew, Bunney etc as attacking options

and how many more would we have scored had someone been there to pick up those balls left wanting?? :)
New signings on 12:52 - Jul 25 with 7522 viewsChaffRAFC

New signings on 12:33 - Jul 25 by scooby

and how many more would we have scored had someone been there to pick up those balls left wanting?? :)

Don't disagree with you pal but just don't think Hill sees it as an issue. Anyway, if you're going today, gonna aim to sit in same place as Saturday.

New signings on 14:03 - Jul 25 with 7353 viewsleicesterdale

What about Dean Furman, defensive midfielder, ex Donnie Rovers and free agent?

http://www.kickoff.com/news/57415/gordon-igesund-backing-for-dean-furman
New signings on 14:13 - Jul 25 with 7326 viewsTomRAFC

Anthony Gerrard isn't a bad shout. I don't think Clarke is the answer. At 35 I know he is past his well best but Miguel Llera was released from Scunny. Would make a good experienced head as a spare CB. I do reckon Lancy will do better this season now he knows what he is up against and has had a break/pre-season. I think a lot of players will.

I don't see Bailey as being as aggressive as the kind of player I'd like to see us sign. Lundstram would be a quality signing.

Logan would be superb.

If we are signing Logan I would expect Hilly to want to over see some of his rehabilitation.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

New signings on 14:22 - Jul 25 with 7291 viewsseasidedale

Much as I love to see Logan back here I cant see it, he would be out of our wage bracket (have you seen his house!) reputed to be on 5 k a week at Leicester, I think we will be looking a midfielders since we are light in that department with injuries and departures,
Login to get fewer ads

New signings on 14:23 - Jul 25 with 7290 viewsWhiteyBFC

Bailey would thrive in a Keith Hill team.
New signings on 14:57 - Jul 25 with 7221 viewsTomRAFC

New signings on 14:23 - Jul 25 by WhiteyBFC

Bailey would thrive in a Keith Hill team.

Is he the ass kicking crunching tackling sort of player we need though Whitey?

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

New signings on 21:09 - Jul 25 with 6843 viewsNinco

Deffo need a goalie. I think we have done for a few seasons. Lillis isn't up to it for me. He is okay to have in the squad as back up if the keeper gets injured, but not as first choice keeper every week.
New signings on 21:43 - Jul 25 with 6772 viewsBrierls

I'll probably be accused of over-reacting but I think we're in desperate need of a goalkeeper. I'm not confident on Logan, wages will be an issue and he wants to stay in Leicester, but we should throw the kitchen sink at trying to sign him regardless.

I think we need another midfielder, especially now with Lunds injury. I would be surprised if we hadn't had talks with Lundstram, but the move to Crewe broke down because their board wouldn't sanction his wages. Doesn't bode well for us, I suspect Crewe have a much bigger budget than us.

I still think we're a bit weak at centre half. We've got McNulty (new) and Eastham (missed a chunk of pre-season), then Lancashire (just a bit shit). Gerrard would be an absolutely fantastic signing, but his wages must be way out of our range. If he's within budget then we should sign him without a doubt. Get him in, and get Lancashire off the wage bill. I've really got no clue why Clarke (31) wouldn't be the answer, but Llera (35) would.

I'd like to see us sign a recognised striker, but I agree with Chaff, I don't think Hilly sees the need. I'm gobsmacked Ball hasn't signed anywhere yet. I'd have him here in a heartbeat, I think he'd be a wonderful player under Hilly, but he'll command a fair whack in wages too.
New signings on 21:45 - Jul 25 with 6756 viewsBartRowou

Leicester goalkeeping news:

1. Ben Hamer has joined Notts Forest for the season.
2. Conrad Logan has done an interview:

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-Goalkeeper-Conrad-Logan-free-ag

3. Mark Wallington never looked right without the tache.

[Post edited 25 Jul 2015 21:46]

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

New signings on 18:26 - Aug 1 with 6197 viewsChaffRAFC

Given Hill's comments after the game today, does that give us any clues as to who he's trying to bring in? He's said he's going to look to the loan market and is waiting for a couple of players trial periods at other clubs to finish. Also stated that a number 4 style midfielder is what he's really after.

So, having looked into it, John Lundstram went on trial at Crewe and couldn't agree terms so left and has been on trial at Wigan and has yet to be offered a deal as far as I can see. I would imagine he'll be one he's after.

Also, Zac Thompson perhaps. He's an ex Leeds midfielder who went on loan at Bury. He's been on trial at Walsall recently but their local media say there's other League One sides after him and he wasn't in the squad today.

New signings on 16:07 - Aug 2 with 5631 viewsrochdale1987

New signings on 18:26 - Aug 1 by ChaffRAFC

Given Hill's comments after the game today, does that give us any clues as to who he's trying to bring in? He's said he's going to look to the loan market and is waiting for a couple of players trial periods at other clubs to finish. Also stated that a number 4 style midfielder is what he's really after.

So, having looked into it, John Lundstram went on trial at Crewe and couldn't agree terms so left and has been on trial at Wigan and has yet to be offered a deal as far as I can see. I would imagine he'll be one he's after.

Also, Zac Thompson perhaps. He's an ex Leeds midfielder who went on loan at Bury. He's been on trial at Walsall recently but their local media say there's other League One sides after him and he wasn't in the squad today.

Steven Schumacher is still available following his release from fleetwood, another dawson type player maybe? Although age isn't on his side.
New signings on 17:13 - Aug 2 with 5491 viewsYorkshire_Dale

A couple of decent signings in the next few days will be fantastic to get the fans on board for the new season.....only 140 hours off now!
New signings on 18:25 - Aug 2 with 5369 viewsseasidedale

Schumacher has signed for Stevenage
New signings on 18:09 - Aug 7 with 4727 viewsleedsdale

New signings on 18:26 - Aug 1 by ChaffRAFC

Zac has signed for my local club Guiseley; bit of a surprise he has dropped to non league, I guess it is that time when players are starting to panic about not being fixed up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024