Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Passport to leisure 15:27 - Jul 25 with 28871 viewstazzydjr

The club has scrapped the scheme means the crowd will fall even more in possibly what could of been the clubs biggest ever revenue season since Burnley, Wigan, Bury, Blackpool and the Yorkshire sides was in League 1 North

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Passport to leisure on 12:11 - Jul 26 with 2876 viewstazzydjr

Passport to leisure on 11:51 - Jul 26 by isitme

Would going in the Sandy and not buying a beer etc cover the increased cost and allow you to attend games?

I have no doubt being unemployed is difficult and I for one am thankful that I have a decent job. I notice that Crown Oil are recruiting and there was a sign outside one of the bookies in town that they were after a cashier. To say there are no jobs is disingenuous. There were about 100 apprenticeships advertised on a window inside the Wheatsheaf Centre. I suspect that on many job websites there will be hundreds of other jobs. They may not be what you want to do, but surely any job is better than nothing?

Unfortunately, however well you managed your finances to be able to afford it, attending the Under 21 tournament does not help your case that you are hard done by. Many people who work, due to having other financial commitments you don't have, would not be able to afford to undertake such a trip. Some would also begrudge that they have, in effect paid for your trip.

where in that did a say there were no jobs i apply at near enough 10 applications a day for jobs which I'm capable of doing? that's around 50 jobs a week so don't brush me under the same brush as some lazy smackhead

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com

Passport to leisure on 12:14 - Jul 26 with 2859 viewsRAFCBLUE

10 jobs a day, 50 jobs a week?

Don't you apply for work at weekends?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Passport to leisure on 12:16 - Jul 26 with 2853 viewsisitme

Passport to leisure on 12:11 - Jul 26 by tazzydjr

where in that did a say there were no jobs i apply at near enough 10 applications a day for jobs which I'm capable of doing? that's around 50 jobs a week so don't brush me under the same brush as some lazy smackhead

Where did I say you were a lazy smack head? I have not bushed you under any brush?

What do you think of my suggestion that by going in the Sandy and not buying a drink etc at the game would still allow you to afford to attend every home game next season?
Passport to leisure on 12:16 - Jul 26 with 2852 viewstazzydjr

Passport to leisure on 12:14 - Jul 26 by RAFCBLUE

10 jobs a day, 50 jobs a week?

Don't you apply for work at weekends?

everyone deserves breathing space we've all got the same rights as far as I'm aware in society just my rights are probably more restricted than yours under the psychopaths rules
[Post edited 26 Jul 2015 12:17]

Passport to leisure on 12:18 - Jul 26 with 2838 viewstazzydjr

Passport to leisure on 12:16 - Jul 26 by isitme

Where did I say you were a lazy smack head? I have not bushed you under any brush?

What do you think of my suggestion that by going in the Sandy and not buying a drink etc at the game would still allow you to afford to attend every home game next season?

It's not the same many things need to improve that side of the stadium if i were to ever go in the smelly lane

Passport to leisure on 12:25 - Jul 26 with 2817 viewsRAFCBLUE

Passport to leisure on 12:16 - Jul 26 by tazzydjr

everyone deserves breathing space we've all got the same rights as far as I'm aware in society just my rights are probably more restricted than yours under the psychopaths rules

I'll take that as a "No" then.

I suggest you start to apply for jobs at weekends; weekend working is a good way to get your foot in the door at big organisations as a way to regular and weekly hours.

Also, take the chip off your shoulder that the whole world is against you.

You've just come back from the U21's in the Czech Republic. If you can arrange and finance a trip like that then you can achieve getting a job.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Passport to leisure on 12:35 - Jul 26 with 2792 viewsTVOS1907

Passport to leisure on 11:53 - Jul 26 by _dezzy

Deary deary me. What did you spend on your trip to the U21 tourney? you had a great time there, but if you loved the Dale that much you would of bought your ST early, instead of relying on trying to get in cheap every week, Its all about priorities, and you chose the U21s .
[Post edited 26 Jul 2015 11:56]

He's been told this already; it didn't register then.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Passport to leisure on 14:51 - Jul 26 with 2703 views1mark1

It's up to the club how much they want to attract people with limited money to spend. I work but unfortunately I do not have enough to attend all the matches I would like to. IF the admission prices were cheaper then maybe I would be able to attend more games, like many more in my position, but the club make the decision to get as much as they can from those who do attend-that's their choice, and they have to accept the consequences of potentially less crowds and less money coming into the coffers.

It's simple really, we live in a very low wage town, and the football club has to compete with other attractions for people's money. The club and it's supporters cannot complain about lack of support while at the same time making it too expensive for some to attend.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Login to get fewer ads

Passport to leisure on 14:57 - Jul 26 with 2698 views49thseason

Passport to leisure on 12:16 - Jul 26 by tazzydjr

What are these rules that psychopaths have? I always imagined that psychopaths thought that rules were for everyone else.
Passport to leisure on 16:46 - Jul 26 with 2630 viewsSuddenLad

Aldi are recruiting at Entwisle Road and Mellor Street. Decent wages for the kind of work on offer.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Passport to leisure on 16:54 - Jul 26 with 2609 viewsdoleydale

Passport to leisure on 16:46 - Jul 26 by SuddenLad

Aldi are recruiting at Entwisle Road and Mellor Street. Decent wages for the kind of work on offer.

I applied for Aldi online. ( that's how they do it ) didn't pass the online test. It involved in situation questions. Your not allowed to re apply for a few months.

Hey everybody take a look at me, I've got street credibility, I may not have a job, But I have a good time, With the boys that I meet "down on the line" I said, I - DON'T - NEED - YOU So you don't approve, Well who asked you to? HEY - JERK - YOU - WORK This boy's got better things to do

Passport to leisure on 17:21 - Jul 26 with 2554 viewsscooby

Passport to leisure on 11:31 - Jul 26 by tazzydjr

You really don't have a clue one day you'll end up in my shoes my life works toa routine everything has to go plan it's not easy it's heartbreaking my routine has now been disrupted the club not informing people that they are no longer working with link4life I'd naughty especially after the st deadline instead of it working out at 322 for 23 matches plus 8.20 pie coffee and beer each match this now increases to 460 for 23 matches it's stressful enough having to do 7 hours each day job-hunting it's not easy this mean's a have to cut my cloth according the unemployed get lots of criticism but we are not of lazy doped up smackheads or alcoholics like the media brainwashing people to think this government increased MPs wages by 10% yet they are making major cut to the most vulnerable people in this country plus major corporate big wigs are avoiding paying billions of pounds in tax if half of you saw what I had to live off each month right now is currently nothing you would be in shock Nordanblue I would hate to see you ever end up like me let alone survive on what I have to each month this government claimed they cut unemployment when infact those figures was only because they was sending people on short courses and sanctioning those who didn't have a computer or know how to use one many other stories of people being left without money for up to a 6 month period it's wrong yet it's always the unemployed fault according to the tory loving media

Cut out the beer and pie, thats near on / over £100 saved. FFS you say stuff like this and expect sympathy?

Get over yourself.
Passport to leisure on 17:46 - Jul 26 with 2517 viewsR17ALE

Passport to leisure on 11:31 - Jul 26 by tazzydjr

You really don't have a clue one day you'll end up in my shoes my life works toa routine everything has to go plan it's not easy it's heartbreaking my routine has now been disrupted the club not informing people that they are no longer working with link4life I'd naughty especially after the st deadline instead of it working out at 322 for 23 matches plus 8.20 pie coffee and beer each match this now increases to 460 for 23 matches it's stressful enough having to do 7 hours each day job-hunting it's not easy this mean's a have to cut my cloth according the unemployed get lots of criticism but we are not of lazy doped up smackheads or alcoholics like the media brainwashing people to think this government increased MPs wages by 10% yet they are making major cut to the most vulnerable people in this country plus major corporate big wigs are avoiding paying billions of pounds in tax if half of you saw what I had to live off each month right now is currently nothing you would be in shock Nordanblue I would hate to see you ever end up like me let alone survive on what I have to each month this government claimed they cut unemployment when infact those figures was only because they was sending people on short courses and sanctioning those who didn't have a computer or know how to use one many other stories of people being left without money for up to a 6 month period it's wrong yet it's always the unemployed fault according to the tory loving media

I might have a solution to your dilemma Tazzy lad.

From what I gather, you're finding it hard to afford to take part in matches at the Fortress.

Ask in the shop if they have a spare Goldbond round that needs collecting. If so, you'd qualify for a massively reduced season ticket plus you'd earn a few quid, and you'd be helping the club too.

Alternatively, if you don't fancy Goldbond, I'd still go to the club tomorrow morning and explain that you want to watch matches but cannot afford to. Ask if there's any odd jobs that need doing in return for a match ticket eg: clearing out the weeds behind the Sandy Lane stand so people can properly see the excellent new sign.

Or they might need someone to clean all the seats as apparently we have a lot of incontinent pigeons residing in the Spotland area!

Just go down to the club tomorrow. Tell them you're skint but love watching your team. There must be someone at the club who has a heart and needs a few jobs doing around the ground.

I also presume this type of voluntary work wouldn't trigger any benefit penalties. Check that out first though as I don't know.

Finally, if you're applying for 50 jobs a week and getting nowhere, your application techniques are wrong. Go to Citizens Advice and ask them for help.

A final thought is that doing something worthwhile and voluntary at Dale would look very good on your cv. And remember this wise old saying: "a job is like a girlfriend in that it's easier to get a better girlfriend when you've already got one".
[Post edited 26 Jul 2015 17:47]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Passport to leisure on 18:17 - Jul 26 with 2463 viewsDaley_Lama

Razzle, I think that is an absolutely cracking idea.

Go for it taz and go for it RAFC too.

The jobs you could be asked to do might not be glamorous, but if you get stuck in, you never know, another job may open up for you in the future at the club that is paid for, part time or even full time.

You never know until you try, and an in is an in.

Poll: DF in or out

Passport to leisure on 18:56 - Jul 26 with 2403 viewsChaffRAFC

Passport to leisure on 17:46 - Jul 26 by R17ALE

From what I gather, you're finding it hard to afford to take part in matches at the Fortress.

Ask in the shop if they have a spare Goldbond round that needs collecting. If so, you'd qualify for a massively reduced season ticket plus you'd earn a few quid, and you'd be helping the club too.

Alternatively, if you don't fancy Goldbond, I'd still go to the club tomorrow morning and explain that you want to watch matches but cannot afford to. Ask if there's any odd jobs that need doing in return for a match ticket eg: clearing out the weeds behind the Sandy Lane stand so people can properly see the excellent new sign.

Or they might need someone to clean all the seats as apparently we have a lot of incontinent pigeons residing in the Spotland area!

Just go down to the club tomorrow. Tell them you're skint but love watching your team. There must be someone at the club who has a heart and needs a few jobs doing around the ground.

I also presume this type of voluntary work wouldn't trigger any benefit penalties. Check that out first though as I don't know.

Finally, if you're applying for 50 jobs a week and getting nowhere, your application techniques are wrong. Go to Citizens Advice and ask them for help.

A final thought is that doing something worthwhile and voluntary at Dale would look very good on your cv. And remember this wise old saying: "a job is like a girlfriend in that it's easier to get a better girlfriend when you've already got one".

I've told him to get a Goldbond Round countless times Razz. Does the club a favour and he can get a season ticket for £30 for what would only be about an hour and a half work once a week! And you earn commission too!

I do two rounds, purely for the season tickets because I quite simply cannot afford a season ticket, even at early bird prices.

I fail to see why Tazzy doesn't want to jump at the chance of doing one. It would be an absolute godsend!!

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Passport to leisure on 19:08 - Jul 26 with 2252 viewsnordenblue

Passport to leisure on 18:56 - Jul 26 by ChaffRAFC

I've told him to get a Goldbond Round countless times Razz. Does the club a favour and he can get a season ticket for £30 for what would only be about an hour and a half work once a week! And you earn commission too!

I do two rounds, purely for the season tickets because I quite simply cannot afford a season ticket, even at early bird prices.

I fail to see why Tazzy doesn't want to jump at the chance of doing one. It would be an absolute godsend!!

This post has been edited by an administrator

It involves work,there is the problem.Its much easier to sit on ones arse complaining how tough things are and how he's not getting as much money given to him month after month for rock all effort.
Passport to leisure on 19:08 - Jul 26 with 2252 viewsonedalefan

Passport to leisure on 12:11 - Jul 26 by tazzydjr

If your standard of applying for jobs is anything like your standard of writing on here, no wonder you can't get a job.
Passport to leisure on 19:10 - Jul 26 with 2246 viewsflyerdale

Passport to leisure on 19:08 - Jul 26 by onedalefan

If your standard of applying for jobs is anything like your standard of writing on here, no wonder you can't get a job.

Have you not thought there might be an underlying problem behind that?
Passport to leisure on 19:17 - Jul 26 with 2228 viewsflyerdale

Passport to leisure on 14:51 - Jul 26 by 1mark1

It's up to the club how much they want to attract people with limited money to spend. I work but unfortunately I do not have enough to attend all the matches I would like to. IF the admission prices were cheaper then maybe I would be able to attend more games, like many more in my position, but the club make the decision to get as much as they can from those who do attend-that's their choice, and they have to accept the consequences of potentially less crowds and less money coming into the coffers.

It's simple really, we live in a very low wage town, and the football club has to compete with other attractions for people's money. The club and it's supporters cannot complain about lack of support while at the same time making it too expensive for some to attend.

It looks like attendances will fall even more if the scrapping of the PTL scheme is true. This has an affect on lots of things especially attracting players to the club, surely getting something from those not fortunate to be able to afford full price admission is better than having no revenue coming through the gates.

Reading some of the comments on this thread shows we have quite a few supporters who live in a bubble and can't see wider society for what it is. Surely people would like to see those less fortunate be given the chance to help support the club in their hour of need instead of being pushed away probably never to be seen again at Spotland.
Passport to leisure on 19:41 - Jul 26 with 2183 viewsmightydale

Passport to leisure on 19:17 - Jul 26 by flyerdale

It looks like attendances will fall even more if the scrapping of the PTL scheme is true. This has an affect on lots of things especially attracting players to the club, surely getting something from those not fortunate to be able to afford full price admission is better than having no revenue coming through the gates.

Reading some of the comments on this thread shows we have quite a few supporters who live in a bubble and can't see wider society for what it is. Surely people would like to see those less fortunate be given the chance to help support the club in their hour of need instead of being pushed away probably never to be seen again at Spotland.

what would you class tazzy as then less fortunate or damm right lazy fcuker who wants everything for fcuk all.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Passport to leisure on 19:58 - Jul 26 with 2147 viewsnordenblue

Passport to leisure on 19:41 - Jul 26 by mightydale

what would you class tazzy as then less fortunate or damm right lazy fcuker who wants everything for fcuk all.

Always a victim when it comes to paying the going rate,i dont recall too many complaints at how skint he was and cant afford to live when he's on the piss for god knows how long watching the under 21s
Passport to leisure on 20:02 - Jul 26 with 2133 views49thseason

Passport to leisure on 19:17 - Jul 26 by flyerdale

By that logic, maybe Tesco should reduce prices for "those less fortunate". Perhaps mobile phone companies should reduce tariffs, maybe breweries would knock a few pence off a pint? Why not go the whole hog and let "those less fortunate" have everything for free?

RAFC is a limited company. It does not exist as some sort of charitable institution. Its Directors run the company in such a way that it does not encounter financial difficulties and consequently they have set a price for their product which will enable the company to continue trading into the foreseeable future.

I am growing increasingly tired of Guardian-reading, yoghurt-knitters attempting to tell those engaged in the day to day travails of business how to go about their jobs especially when so many of them seem to have little or no experience of ever getting their hands sullied by the tedious activity of work, saving and going without those things they cannot afford.

Put simply, no one has the "right" to attend entertainments they cannot afford. There are two options - do without or find a way of affording it. Blaming RAFC or Link4life and expecting them to solve the problems of "those less fortunate" is not a real world solution and the people who really "live in a bubble" are those that expect someone else to solve their problems.
Passport to leisure on 20:09 - Jul 26 with 2119 viewsTVOS1907

Passport to leisure on 17:46 - Jul 26 by R17ALE

Further to that - and I include myself in this - I'm sure there are Dale fans on here willing to advise Tazzy regarding his CV and job applications.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Passport to leisure on 20:13 - Jul 26 with 2104 viewsnordenblue

Passport to leisure on 20:02 - Jul 26 by 49thseason

By that logic, maybe Tesco should reduce prices for "those less fortunate". Perhaps mobile phone companies should reduce tariffs, maybe breweries would knock a few pence off a pint? Why not go the whole hog and let "those less fortunate" have everything for free?

RAFC is a limited company. It does not exist as some sort of charitable institution. Its Directors run the company in such a way that it does not encounter financial difficulties and consequently they have set a price for their product which will enable the company to continue trading into the foreseeable future.

I am growing increasingly tired of Guardian-reading, yoghurt-knitters attempting to tell those engaged in the day to day travails of business how to go about their jobs especially when so many of them seem to have little or no experience of ever getting their hands sullied by the tedious activity of work, saving and going without those things they cannot afford.

Put simply, no one has the "right" to attend entertainments they cannot afford. There are two options - do without or find a way of affording it. Blaming RAFC or Link4life and expecting them to solve the problems of "those less fortunate" is not a real world solution and the people who really "live in a bubble" are those that expect someone else to solve their problems.

Firmly hit the nail on the head.Its laughable when people use the line "you dont understand how hard it is."
Come and spend a couple of weeks with me at work getting up at 2/3 am every morning to graft all day long
Passport to leisure on 20:21 - Jul 26 with 2090 viewsflyerdale

Passport to leisure on 20:02 - Jul 26 by 49thseason

You've missed my point completely, the one I was making is that surely its better to have some money coming in while there's empty seats in the stadium than none at all. Our attendances are shocking as they are without losing others who used the scheme to gain entry.

The scheme from my knowledge has been running for at least 7/8 years so why all the outrage now?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024