Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Passport to leisure 15:27 - Jul 25 with 28816 viewstazzydjr

The club has scrapped the scheme means the crowd will fall even more in possibly what could of been the clubs biggest ever revenue season since Burnley, Wigan, Bury, Blackpool and the Yorkshire sides was in League 1 North

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Passport to leisure on 10:34 - Jul 27 with 3748 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Passport to leisure on 18:56 - Jul 26 by ChaffRAFC

I've told him to get a Goldbond Round countless times Razz. Does the club a favour and he can get a season ticket for £30 for what would only be about an hour and a half work once a week! And you earn commission too!

I do two rounds, purely for the season tickets because I quite simply cannot afford a season ticket, even at early bird prices.

I fail to see why Tazzy doesn't want to jump at the chance of doing one. It would be an absolute godsend!!

This post has been edited by an administrator

Could also pop the eBay profits into your own season ticket saving fund and keep that ticking over season on season (although some of your prices on there are a little steep Tazzy, not sure George Donnelly's shirt is going to reach that price...)

Also, out of curiosity....what criteria are you using to define your programmes as 'rare'?
[Post edited 27 Jul 2015 10:36]
Passport to leisure on 11:20 - Jul 27 with 3672 viewsCassyBlue

Passport to leisure on 17:46 - Jul 26 by R17ALE

I might have a solution to your dilemma Tazzy lad.

From what I gather, you're finding it hard to afford to take part in matches at the Fortress.

Ask in the shop if they have a spare Goldbond round that needs collecting. If so, you'd qualify for a massively reduced season ticket plus you'd earn a few quid, and you'd be helping the club too.

Alternatively, if you don't fancy Goldbond, I'd still go to the club tomorrow morning and explain that you want to watch matches but cannot afford to. Ask if there's any odd jobs that need doing in return for a match ticket eg: clearing out the weeds behind the Sandy Lane stand so people can properly see the excellent new sign.

Or they might need someone to clean all the seats as apparently we have a lot of incontinent pigeons residing in the Spotland area!

Just go down to the club tomorrow. Tell them you're skint but love watching your team. There must be someone at the club who has a heart and needs a few jobs doing around the ground.

I also presume this type of voluntary work wouldn't trigger any benefit penalties. Check that out first though as I don't know.

Finally, if you're applying for 50 jobs a week and getting nowhere, your application techniques are wrong. Go to Citizens Advice and ask them for help.

A final thought is that doing something worthwhile and voluntary at Dale would look very good on your cv. And remember this wise old saying: "a job is like a girlfriend in that it's easier to get a better girlfriend when you've already got one".
[Post edited 26 Jul 2015 17:47]

Excellent response.

In a similar vein, a young lad called Steven used to get his hands dirty and volunteer to help out our old grounds man Oli and I assume he still does so under the new grounds staff.

Steven unfortunately suffers from a condition which may hinder his prospects of gaining full time employment. Despite this, his enthusiasm and love for the club encouraged him to volunteer around the ground in exchange for matchday entry amongst other benefits.

A great example that there is no benefits in lounging around feeling sorry for yourself.
Passport to leisure on 11:27 - Jul 27 with 3660 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Passport to leisure on 11:20 - Jul 27 by CassyBlue

Excellent response.

In a similar vein, a young lad called Steven used to get his hands dirty and volunteer to help out our old grounds man Oli and I assume he still does so under the new grounds staff.

Steven unfortunately suffers from a condition which may hinder his prospects of gaining full time employment. Despite this, his enthusiasm and love for the club encouraged him to volunteer around the ground in exchange for matchday entry amongst other benefits.

A great example that there is no benefits in lounging around feeling sorry for yourself.

I remember Steven when he was quite young (used to come along to the cricket at Thornham...has an older brother who use to play I think?)

Can't imagine the club would ever turn down volunteers who were offering their time/expertise/spare pair of hands in any capacity.
Passport to leisure on 16:02 - Jul 27 with 3489 viewsChaffRAFC

Passport to leisure on 11:20 - Jul 27 by CassyBlue

Excellent response.

If you mean Steven Butterworth, then yes, he still volunteers with the pitch.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Passport to leisure on 16:38 - Jul 27 with 3440 viewsmightydale

Passport to leisure on 16:02 - Jul 27 by ChaffRAFC

If you mean Steven Butterworth, then yes, he still volunteers with the pitch.

wonder if tazzy has been to club today ???

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Passport to leisure on 16:46 - Jul 27 with 3443 viewsBrierls

Passport to leisure on 16:38 - Jul 27 by mightydale

Leave him alone FFS. Everybody deserves a breather.
Passport to leisure on 17:11 - Jul 27 with 3404 viewsEllGazzell

Passport to leisure on 16:38 - Jul 27 by mightydale

Nope, I checked the psychopaths rules and Monday is the brushing under the same brush day.

Tuesdays is unfortunately taring with the same tar and Wednesdays is carpeting with the same carpet so the earliest he can get in there is Thursday.

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Passport to leisure on 19:40 - Jul 27 with 3280 viewsMoonyDale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/club/club_charter/

If you read this article which was published at 09:30 on the 23rd July 2015 you will see as you scroll down that the club still takes PTL. Now unless something has changed in the past 4 days this whole thread has been a complete waste of time.......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Login to get fewer ads

Passport to leisure on 19:57 - Jul 27 with 3234 viewsisitme

Passport to leisure on 19:40 - Jul 27 by MoonyDale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/club/club_charter/

If you read this article which was published at 09:30 on the 23rd July 2015 you will see as you scroll down that the club still takes PTL. Now unless something has changed in the past 4 days this whole thread has been a complete waste of time.......

I did say after that game on Saturday was Tazzy sure that the club wouldn't give a discount as it was an already discounted friendly rather than not offering PTL admission for a league game.

Could the trust ask the club to clarify this for our learned friend?
[Post edited 27 Jul 2015 20:00]
Passport to leisure on 20:03 - Jul 27 with 3206 viewsMoonyDale

Passport to leisure on 19:57 - Jul 27 by isitme

I did say after that game on Saturday was Tazzy sure that the club wouldn't give a discount as it was an already discounted friendly rather than not offering PTL admission for a league game.

It's the same for cup games, PTL
cards can't be used...
[Post edited 27 Jul 2015 20:04]

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Passport to leisure on 20:04 - Jul 27 with 3199 viewstazzydjr

Passport to leisure on 19:57 - Jul 27 by isitme

I wasn't getting it for friendly it was for the opening match to be told they no longer doing the scheme?

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com

Passport to leisure on 20:06 - Jul 27 with 3176 viewsisitme

Passport to leisure on 20:04 - Jul 27 by tazzydjr

I wasn't getting it for friendly it was for the opening match to be told they no longer doing the scheme?

Most interesting as that is not what is says on the charter article.
Passport to leisure on 20:22 - Jul 27 with 3113 viewstazzydjr

Passport to leisure on 20:06 - Jul 27 by isitme

Most interesting as that is not what is says on the charter article.

true I'm not making it up or this thread wouldn't of been born on 25th July 2015

Passport to leisure on 20:25 - Jul 27 with 3092 viewsisitme

Passport to leisure on 20:22 - Jul 27 by tazzydjr

true I'm not making it up or this thread wouldn't of been born on 25th July 2015

I didn't say you were!

Something is obviously wrong though. Did you try and buy a ticket for the friendly as well as the Posh game at the same time?
Passport to leisure on 20:41 - Jul 27 with 3029 viewsTVOS1907

Passport to leisure on 20:03 - Jul 27 by MoonyDale

It's the same for cup games, PTL
cards can't be used...
[Post edited 27 Jul 2015 20:04]

Possibly that's because for cup games the gate money is divided between the clubs?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Passport to leisure on 22:44 - Jul 27 with 2900 viewsbig_dave2010

Passport to leisure on 01:35 - Jul 27 by TVOS1907

By 'you', I presume you mean Tazzy and others in his situation, Dave?

Yes... or anyone who fancies having a go.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2015 22:46]
Passport to leisure on 22:59 - Jul 27 with 2873 viewsThacks_Rabbits

50 applications a week????

Not only is that Bollox but you must also be applying in Crayon Tazzy.

I will bet you £100 quid I could get you a job before the end of August if you don't "Spud" the interview. Applying for the Mayor of London and head of CI5 may count for benefits but the likelyhood of you getting that role is unlikely!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Passport to leisure on 23:13 - Jul 27 with 2843 viewsD_Alien

Passport to leisure on 22:59 - Jul 27 by Thacks_Rabbits

I will bet you £100 quid I could get you a job before the end of August if you don't "Spud" the interview. Applying for the Mayor of London and head of CI5 may count for benefits but the likelyhood of you getting that role is unlikely!!!!

There might've been a place for him at GCHQ. They've been recruiting people with specific neuro-linguistic deficits, and since Tazzy shows signs of having all of them, he could've been a real asset.

Unfortunately, his assessment of David Cameron as a psychopath will rule him out.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Passport to leisure on 23:20 - Jul 27 with 2814 viewstazzydjr

Passport to leisure on 22:59 - Jul 27 by Thacks_Rabbits

It's not bollox the psychopaths new scheme requires 35 hours a week job search look it up then I will have a apology

Passport to leisure on 23:21 - Jul 27 with 2807 viewsD_Alien

Passport to leisure on 23:20 - Jul 27 by tazzydjr

It's not bollox the psychopaths new scheme requires 35 hours a week job search look it up then I will have a apology

Right on cue...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Passport to leisure on 23:58 - Jul 27 with 2770 viewsBobbyjoe

Passport to leisure on 20:02 - Jul 26 by 49thseason

By that logic, maybe Tesco should reduce prices for "those less fortunate". Perhaps mobile phone companies should reduce tariffs, maybe breweries would knock a few pence off a pint? Why not go the whole hog and let "those less fortunate" have everything for free?

RAFC is a limited company. It does not exist as some sort of charitable institution. Its Directors run the company in such a way that it does not encounter financial difficulties and consequently they have set a price for their product which will enable the company to continue trading into the foreseeable future.

I am growing increasingly tired of Guardian-reading, yoghurt-knitters attempting to tell those engaged in the day to day travails of business how to go about their jobs especially when so many of them seem to have little or no experience of ever getting their hands sullied by the tedious activity of work, saving and going without those things they cannot afford.

Put simply, no one has the "right" to attend entertainments they cannot afford. There are two options - do without or find a way of affording it. Blaming RAFC or Link4life and expecting them to solve the problems of "those less fortunate" is not a real world solution and the people who really "live in a bubble" are those that expect someone else to solve their problems.

Tesco do reduce prices to attract customers, fortunate or otherwise. One can only assume RAFC is perfectly content with its own numbers.
Passport to leisure on 09:49 - Jul 28 with 2636 viewsRalphs12

It's good that they give you the weekend off, is it flexible start times so long as you get your 7 hours a day in? I think I'd start just as the this morning theme tune kicks in.
Passport to leisure on 09:50 - Jul 28 with 2636 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Yes they do require you spend 35 hours a week seeking employment, not that many genuinely do that. That means your applying for a job every 40 minutes based on your 50 applications a week so that may be your problem - your sending CV's to jobs without doing any research of the role and for unsuitable jobs.

Your fortunate that you live in the UK Tazzy where you receive a lot of help that allows you to fund football (away trips), beer, pies, digital camera's and a computer with a spell checker.

If you disagree with the psychopaths you could always take a moral stand and refuse benefits, or get a job, or move abroad. Alternatively you could thank your lucky stars and genuinely get a job. My offer still stands, I dare say in 5 phone calls I could get you a job cleaning paint brushes, mopping floors, cleaning etc. Sadly I don't know any journalists!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Passport to leisure on 10:06 - Jul 28 with 2609 viewstazzydjr

Passport to leisure on 09:50 - Jul 28 by Thacks_Rabbits

Yes they do require you spend 35 hours a week seeking employment, not that many genuinely do that. That means your applying for a job every 40 minutes based on your 50 applications a week so that may be your problem - your sending CV's to jobs without doing any research of the role and for unsuitable jobs.

Your fortunate that you live in the UK Tazzy where you receive a lot of help that allows you to fund football (away trips), beer, pies, digital camera's and a computer with a spell checker.

If you disagree with the psychopaths you could always take a moral stand and refuse benefits, or get a job, or move abroad. Alternatively you could thank your lucky stars and genuinely get a job. My offer still stands, I dare say in 5 phone calls I could get you a job cleaning paint brushes, mopping floors, cleaning etc. Sadly I don't know any journalists!!!

What a patronizing reply in your world you'd be having people with health issues or sending people to work at job's they can't do I am certain the 2 world war's was thought so people like the lunatic Austrian born German didn't get his way in this country you've been brainwashed by the media
[Post edited 28 Jul 2015 10:27]

Passport to leisure on 10:17 - Jul 28 with 2586 viewsisitme

Passport to leisure on 10:06 - Jul 28 by tazzydjr

What a patronizing reply in your world you'd be having people with health issues or sending people to work at job's they can't do I am certain the 2 world war's was thought so people like the lunatic Austrian born German didn't get his way in this country you've been brainwashed by the media
[Post edited 28 Jul 2015 10:27]

Tazzy is that not a patronizing reply?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024