Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Henderson: Barnsley approach? 13:09 - Jul 27 with 40639 views442Dale

Sports Editor at BBC Sheffield:

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 14:09 - Jul 27 with 4366 viewsmightydale

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 14:06 - Jul 27 by D_Alien

Agree with most of that TS, except that being in the financial circumstances we are does not preclude moving up to the championship at some stage. You advise MD not to get upset about the sale of a player; I'd advise (not you in particular, just in general) not being pessimistic about promotion as if it were never going to be possible.

Our selling policy and promotion are NOT mutually exclusive. We could sell Hendo to whoever, and still find ourselves right up there and in with a shout come next April/May. In which case, fans like MD will be kicking themselves, although I suspect they'll have returned to the cause well before that point.

I bet you i won't be there , and i bet you i wont put another penny in to that club. I would give the money to my step son to have a extra snooker lesson a month

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 14:11 - Jul 27 with 4351 viewsisitme

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 14:08 - Jul 27 by flyerdale

Oh well will just enjoy our season in league one while it lasts. Could be the last one for a while.

Were you at the game on Saturday? A team made up of mostly reserve players beat a Championship team, playing good football. I do not understand all the doom and gloom. Hogan left and that was the end of the world, Done left and that was the end of the world. One day Henderson will leave and we will carry on.
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 14:13 - Jul 27 with 4317 viewsD_Alien

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 14:09 - Jul 27 by mightydale

I bet you i won't be there , and i bet you i wont put another penny in to that club. I would give the money to my step son to have a extra snooker lesson a month

I've no doubt your stepson is a worthy cause, but he'll need a great deal more optimism and staying power than you're demonstrating if he's to make any headway in a competitive environment.

[Post edited 27 Jul 2015 14:15]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 14:15 - Jul 27 with 4278 viewsdalestats

All the doom mongers appear Jesus why don't you all go and slash your wrists.

Someone said something about wages earlier, Hendo is s different case he earns more from herbal life than football it's not such a huge deal

Poll: Remain in the eu

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 14:21 - Jul 27 with 4218 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 14:06 - Jul 27 by D_Alien

Agree with most of that TS, except that being in the financial circumstances we are does not preclude moving up to the championship at some stage. You advise MD not to get upset about the sale of a player; I'd advise (not you in particular, just in general) not being pessimistic about promotion as if it were never going to be possible.

Our selling policy and promotion are NOT mutually exclusive. We could sell Hendo to whoever, and still find ourselves right up there and in with a shout come next April/May. In which case, fans like MD will be kicking themselves, although I suspect they'll have returned to the cause well before that point.

The fly in the ointment with all of this is, could anybody really blame Hilly if he moved on should a better opportunity present itself? I would imagine he is ambitious and trying to progress his career at Rochdale isn't going to happen if he keeps losing his star players. Deep down he as to question his future at Rochdale doesn't he, it's got to frustrate him?

I admire your positivity regarding striving for promotion whilst selling your best players but I don't think at this level, bearing in mind the size of the clubs you are competing against, it is going to happen. Selling and reinvesting the money on another proven player gives you a chance, but we don't do that. Hillys pulled rabbits out of the hat and we have got away with losing our best players but in general it's a policy that only has one outcome.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2015 14:30]
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 14:24 - Jul 27 with 4189 viewsmightydale

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 14:13 - Jul 27 by D_Alien

I've no doubt your stepson is a worthy cause, but he'll need a great deal more optimism and staying power than you're demonstrating if he's to make any headway in a competitive environment.

[Post edited 27 Jul 2015 14:15]

sorry D Alien dont understand what u mean by that message think am being thick

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 14:37 - Jul 27 with 4084 viewsTVOS1907

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 14:21 - Jul 27 by TalkingSutty

The fly in the ointment with all of this is, could anybody really blame Hilly if he moved on should a better opportunity present itself? I would imagine he is ambitious and trying to progress his career at Rochdale isn't going to happen if he keeps losing his star players. Deep down he as to question his future at Rochdale doesn't he, it's got to frustrate him?

I admire your positivity regarding striving for promotion whilst selling your best players but I don't think at this level, bearing in mind the size of the clubs you are competing against, it is going to happen. Selling and reinvesting the money on another proven player gives you a chance, but we don't do that. Hillys pulled rabbits out of the hat and we have got away with losing our best players but in general it's a policy that only has one outcome.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2015 14:30]

I think saying we have 'got away' with it is rather detrimental to the manager's abilities.

By that logic, Crewe got away with it for about 25 years!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 14:53 - Jul 27 with 3981 viewslurker

Here are a few facts...

Ian Henderson is without doubt our best current player

It will be very difficult to find any replacement with Hendo's flair and intelligence

Barnsley are a shitbag parasite of a club

If we do sell to Barnsley no doubt their fans will be pissing and moaning about him in another 6-12 months

Hendo is a Rochdale legend

He hasn't been sold yet
Login to get fewer ads

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 14:56 - Jul 27 with 3960 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 14:37 - Jul 27 by TVOS1907

I think saying we have 'got away' with it is rather detrimental to the manager's abilities.

By that logic, Crewe got away with it for about 25 years!

But i stated in general selling your best players often results in an inevitable outcome. I dont think it makes you stronger and how long will Hilly keep pulling out rabbits, as a manager does it not become a bit soul destroying?

In the last 6 months we have lost Done, Dawson and if Hendo does go, i would say we have a weaker starting eleven. We all know why we have to sell, so no, i dont think i am being detrimental to the manager. Obviously you can interperit my post that way if you want to, thats up to you.
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 14:58 - Jul 27 with 3935 viewsflyerdale

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 14:11 - Jul 27 by isitme

Were you at the game on Saturday? A team made up of mostly reserve players beat a Championship team, playing good football. I do not understand all the doom and gloom. Hogan left and that was the end of the world, Done left and that was the end of the world. One day Henderson will leave and we will carry on.

No I don't attend friendlies or do I look too much into what are training games.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2015 14:59]
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 15:19 - Jul 27 with 3783 viewsMBoothman

Not annoyed that someone's approached him, it's natural that teams would want him.

I AM annoyed that it's fooking Barnsley again. They can fook right off the Yorkshire cnts.

Yes. That IS Sako.

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 15:29 - Jul 27 with 3666 viewszxcvbnm

Anyone would think Dale accept the first bid which comes along. Dale rejected lots of bids for done and I'm sure have rejected lots of bids for other players.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 15:34 - Jul 27 with 3608 viewsAtThePeake

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 14:56 - Jul 27 by TalkingSutty

But i stated in general selling your best players often results in an inevitable outcome. I dont think it makes you stronger and how long will Hilly keep pulling out rabbits, as a manager does it not become a bit soul destroying?

In the last 6 months we have lost Done, Dawson and if Hendo does go, i would say we have a weaker starting eleven. We all know why we have to sell, so no, i dont think i am being detrimental to the manager. Obviously you can interperit my post that way if you want to, thats up to you.

Before we won our first promotion, we sold our best player quite a few times in Hill's three seasons. Murray, Perkins, Le Fondre, Buckley etc.

We sold our best player last summer and then again in January and earned our highest ever league finish.

I don't understand how Hill would consider attracting quality players to the club with the promise they can leave for a better offer"soul destroying" - it's his own method after all.

Tangled up in blue.

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 15:38 - Jul 27 with 3559 viewsDaleiLama

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 14:56 - Jul 27 by TalkingSutty

Have a bit more faith TS. It's a team game.
Look at it from another angle if Hendo got a career ending injury, what then? We have to trust Hilly to build a squad, have a plan B and a plan C and of course, as one poster said (can't remember who), everyone is for sale at the right price (determined by the club not the fans and in most cases known to the club and not the fans).
I'd hate to see Hendo go - he gives everything and seems to be what makes the team tick sometimes, but he's just one player. It will be tough without him, but we will survive (in best Gloria Gaynor voice).

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 15:39 - Jul 27 with 3556 viewsChaffRAFC

Losing Holt really hurt, it was for a quarter of his worth. Losing Buckley didn't hurt that much, he was always destined for better things and a player of his position was fair easy to replace. Selling Le Fondre hurt because we got nothing even close to his value because we owed money on a tax bill. Losing Lambert hurt because, again, we got nowhere near his value but we needed to sell. Losing Hogan didn't hurt because we got one season out of him and got more than enough money. Losing Done hurt because I just didn't see it coming.

Losing Ian Henderson, at this stage of his career, I'm fairly certain would turn me suicidal given what we'll get for him. His value to us for one more season will be worth more than any fee coming our way. If he wants to leave, do it next summer on a free.

I'll be inconsolable.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 15:43 - Jul 27 with 3390 viewssandylaner1

I can see where this is going ...
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 15:51 - Jul 27 with 3318 viewsBartRowou

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 15:39 - Jul 27 by ChaffRAFC

Losing Holt really hurt, it was for a quarter of his worth. Losing Buckley didn't hurt that much, he was always destined for better things and a player of his position was fair easy to replace. Selling Le Fondre hurt because we got nothing even close to his value because we owed money on a tax bill. Losing Lambert hurt because, again, we got nowhere near his value but we needed to sell. Losing Hogan didn't hurt because we got one season out of him and got more than enough money. Losing Done hurt because I just didn't see it coming.

Losing Ian Henderson, at this stage of his career, I'm fairly certain would turn me suicidal given what we'll get for him. His value to us for one more season will be worth more than any fee coming our way. If he wants to leave, do it next summer on a free.

I'll be inconsolable.

Selling Le Fondre was a great bit of business as it lowered any expectations we might have had at the time, paid off the tax man and brought about the arrival of Velcro O'Grady.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 15:53 - Jul 27 with 3298 views442Dale

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 15:39 - Jul 27 by ChaffRAFC

I'll be inconsolable.

Like proper tears? Sort it.

My only issue should Henderson leave concerns the replacement. An immediate season-long loan for Done would appease many. All of a sudden, that may be an option by deadline day.

As ever, if Hill's happy, then fine. If not, I want to hear him say so.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 15:54 - Jul 27 with 3273 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 15:38 - Jul 27 by DaleiLama

Have a bit more faith TS. It's a team game.
Look at it from another angle if Hendo got a career ending injury, what then? We have to trust Hilly to build a squad, have a plan B and a plan C and of course, as one poster said (can't remember who), everyone is for sale at the right price (determined by the club not the fans and in most cases known to the club and not the fans).
I'd hate to see Hendo go - he gives everything and seems to be what makes the team tick sometimes, but he's just one player. It will be tough without him, but we will survive (in best Gloria Gaynor voice).

I understand we have to sell players to survive, i just think eventually it catches up with you. I expect league one to be very tough this season and with so many local derbys you need experienced quality players.

Theres time for Hilly to bring in new faces yet and in his interview today he admitted BBM is in contention for a start against Peterborough, thats like a new signing in itself!!

Hopefully we will have a few new faces before the start of the season, the current squad isnt strong enough even Hilly admits that.
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 15:57 - Jul 27 with 3237 viewsnordenblue

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 15:29 - Jul 27 by zxcvbnm

Anyone would think Dale accept the first bid which comes along. Dale rejected lots of bids for done and I'm sure have rejected lots of bids for other players.

The club should have a pre recorded response along the lines of "we couldn't stand in the players way to further his career,and we are protecting the long term future of the club whilst the offer was eventually too good to reject"whilst bending over and accepting any reasonable amount of money.
Keep bobbing along in league 1 "over achieving" and everyones a winner,Hilly is under no pressure at all to produce a promotion winning side while the chairman has no aspirations to compete any higher up the chain,whilst both bank balances swell considerably.
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 16:06 - Jul 27 with 3173 viewsAtThePeake

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 15:57 - Jul 27 by nordenblue

The club should have a pre recorded response along the lines of "we couldn't stand in the players way to further his career,and we are protecting the long term future of the club whilst the offer was eventually too good to reject"whilst bending over and accepting any reasonable amount of money.
Keep bobbing along in league 1 "over achieving" and everyones a winner,Hilly is under no pressure at all to produce a promotion winning side while the chairman has no aspirations to compete any higher up the chain,whilst both bank balances swell considerably.

Are you genuinely suggesting that Hill and the Chairman are taking money from the club coffers and holding us back?

Tangled up in blue.

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 16:12 - Jul 27 with 3111 viewsMoonyDale

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 15:53 - Jul 27 by 442Dale

Like proper tears? Sort it.

My only issue should Henderson leave concerns the replacement. An immediate season-long loan for Done would appease many. All of a sudden, that may be an option by deadline day.

As ever, if Hill's happy, then fine. If not, I want to hear him say so.

At the Fylde game Hilly was in the bar, asked about Hendo and the reply was Hendo is NOT for sale, he will not be sold and can go for nothing at the end of the season........We wait and see the outcome, not bothered about offers for any of our players as it just shows we are doing something right, peed off that yet again it's fooking Barnsley. Will be mightily peed off if he's sold after what was said..........

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 16:14 - Jul 27 with 3074 views49thseason

If this guy Giddings works for the BBC this is probably a rehash of the rumours from a couple of weeks ago. I would be amazed if there is anything in it since we all know that the beeb is generally useless. Is Dagnall still injured?
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 16:26 - Jul 27 with 2987 viewsfitzochris

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 16:14 - Jul 27 by 49thseason

If this guy Giddings works for the BBC this is probably a rehash of the rumours from a couple of weeks ago. I would be amazed if there is anything in it since we all know that the beeb is generally useless. Is Dagnall still injured?

The local correspondents tend to be a bit more reliable. Not as reliable as Sky Sports Pete, mind you, but still more reliable than the national body.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 16:28 - Jul 27 with 2973 viewsBrierls

How about we hold fire and find out if there's any truth in the story, and wait for any official response, before slagging the club off left, right, and centre?

Just a thought like.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024