Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Henderson: Barnsley approach? 13:09 - Jul 27 with 40613 views442Dale

Sports Editor at BBC Sheffield:

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 16:28 - Jul 27 with 3616 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 16:06 - Jul 27 by AtThePeake

Are you genuinely suggesting that Hill and the Chairman are taking money from the club coffers and holding us back?

Hilly is worth more than we can pay him and i actually suggested giving him a percentage of player sales to help with his wages quite a few years ago, i dont have a problem with that.

Hilly would be hard pressed to stop any player from leaving once the buying club waves the cash at the player. Until we can match other clubs wages we will always lose players. To match other clubs wages we have to double or trebble our home support, it aint going to happen!!

Getting to the Championship gives the club a massive financial boost and would attract new fans but not everybody connected with the club fancies going down that route.Thats the only way i see us suddenly getting the public of Rochdale to start coming up to Spotland in numbers.

Our best chance of gaining another promotion is with Hilly as manager so picking and choosing the right time to make our assault is really upon us, whilst we still have Hilly.This could be our best ever chance.

Settling for a life in division one is not to be sniffed at though, even if we try and fail. Its ridiculous to suggest Hilly and the Chairman are milking the club, Hilly earns his corn.
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 16:29 - Jul 27 with 3612 viewsSandyman

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 16:28 - Jul 27 by Brierls

How about we hold fire and find out if there's any truth in the story, and wait for any official response, before slagging the club off left, right, and centre?

Just a thought like.

Quite right Brierls.
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 16:30 - Jul 27 with 3593 viewsnordenblue

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 16:06 - Jul 27 by AtThePeake

Are you genuinely suggesting that Hill and the Chairman are taking money from the club coffers and holding us back?

Im genuinely suggesting while theres pound signs flashing in front of the clubs eyes the chairman whilst openly stating he doesn't want promotion will glady accept any reasonable offer,and theres more than a rumour of Hill getting a slice of all outgoing transfers.
While you have a chairman not wanting promotion and a manager who's main aim is to sustain league 1 football,we are hardly reaching for the stars?
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 16:31 - Jul 27 with 3592 viewsWhiteyBFC

To my knowledge, we've only signed two players from your club in recent times. And the manager signing them was your manager. So I'd give that old chestnut a rest about it being Barnsley 'again'. Granted, we've had lots of your former players here in recent times, but again, who signed them? Yep, your manager or his best pal. I struggle to recollect us signing Rochdale players before or after their ill-fated spells in the Oakwell dugout.

On topic though, I've no idea how genuine this 'approach' is. It'd be a signing that would surprise me, as it goes against everything our board and manager have been preaching all summer. However, he scored 22 goals at this level last season and operates in areas that we currently need to strengthen, so the attraction on our part is obvious, if it's true. Would the lad himself be attracted though? It surprises me that nobody else has taken him yet, maybe the age puts suitors off, I dunno.

I'd like him in a Barnsley shirt. But not particularly fussed whether it happens. I rate Henderson, but I'd prefer not to read this forum for the next 9 months and come across some of the bile I just have done in this thread about my club etc.

I'd back Keith to replace him anyway, he always does.
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 16:39 - Jul 27 with 3486 viewsAtThePeake

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 16:30 - Jul 27 by nordenblue

Im genuinely suggesting while theres pound signs flashing in front of the clubs eyes the chairman whilst openly stating he doesn't want promotion will glady accept any reasonable offer,and theres more than a rumour of Hill getting a slice of all outgoing transfers.
While you have a chairman not wanting promotion and a manager who's main aim is to sustain league 1 football,we are hardly reaching for the stars?

I think it's pretty obvious that the chairman at the time was speaking about the club not being ready for L1 just yet. Which I think, given what we've seen happen to Yeovil in the last few seasons, is encouraging. I think he's talking about building a base in L1, becoming an established side at this level and then, when the infrastructure is in place, launching an assault at trying to reach the Championship.

Tangled up in blue.

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 16:41 - Jul 27 with 3456 viewsAtThePeake

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 16:31 - Jul 27 by WhiteyBFC

To my knowledge, we've only signed two players from your club in recent times. And the manager signing them was your manager. So I'd give that old chestnut a rest about it being Barnsley 'again'. Granted, we've had lots of your former players here in recent times, but again, who signed them? Yep, your manager or his best pal. I struggle to recollect us signing Rochdale players before or after their ill-fated spells in the Oakwell dugout.

On topic though, I've no idea how genuine this 'approach' is. It'd be a signing that would surprise me, as it goes against everything our board and manager have been preaching all summer. However, he scored 22 goals at this level last season and operates in areas that we currently need to strengthen, so the attraction on our part is obvious, if it's true. Would the lad himself be attracted though? It surprises me that nobody else has taken him yet, maybe the age puts suitors off, I dunno.

I'd like him in a Barnsley shirt. But not particularly fussed whether it happens. I rate Henderson, but I'd prefer not to read this forum for the next 9 months and come across some of the bile I just have done in this thread about my club etc.

You took our manager and captain away from us while we were top of the league, ruining our chances of a promotion.

Then a few years later you took our best ever manager, his assistant and two of our best players which ultimately led to relegation.

Surely you can understand why Dale supporters still retain something of a dislike for your club?

Tangled up in blue.

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 16:49 - Jul 27 with 3385 viewsBobbyjoe

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 16:41 - Jul 27 by AtThePeake

You took our manager and captain away from us while we were top of the league, ruining our chances of a promotion.

Then a few years later you took our best ever manager, his assistant and two of our best players which ultimately led to relegation.

Surely you can understand why Dale supporters still retain something of a dislike for your club?

What, kidnapped? Poor old Rochdale. Victims again!
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:00 - Jul 27 with 3309 viewsWhiteyBFC

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 16:41 - Jul 27 by AtThePeake

Believe me, we Barnsley supporters are/were just as upset about all that as you seemingly are/were.

And, that's all we are, supporters of our little football club. It's nothing to do with us who this years manager decides to sign.

Everton took John Stones off us, now they want Mason Holgate. I wish them well though. Food chain.
Login to get fewer ads

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:02 - Jul 27 with 3282 viewsAtThePeake

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:00 - Jul 27 by WhiteyBFC

Believe me, we Barnsley supporters are/were just as upset about all that as you seemingly are/were.

And, that's all we are, supporters of our little football club. It's nothing to do with us who this years manager decides to sign.

Everton took John Stones off us, now they want Mason Holgate. I wish them well though. Food chain.

I haven't seen anyone saying anything about the Barnsley supporters.

Also re: food chain - when's the last time Barnsley finished above Everton?
[Post edited 27 Jul 2015 17:12]

Tangled up in blue.

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:02 - Jul 27 with 3277 viewsSaxonDale

My thoughts for what they are worth,

Henderson's a great player, one who can fit into the very top bracket of recent Rochdale players with the likes of Holt and O'Grady. For me if he was to stay this season and play as a striker for the duration we could be looking at our first ever 30 goal a season striker in this league, he really is that good. He can play anywhere across the front three and I think if he was 10 years younger then we would be looking at a future Premier league player. He's 29 now, is obviously (like the majority of us) a heavily motivated individual who wants to earn the most for himself in his career and I suspect a move to Barnsley would offer him the chance to treble any potential wages. He's being a great servant for the club so IF he does want to leave he will go so with my best wishes and the hope that he continues to be successful (albeit without being at Rochdale's detriment.)

HOWEVER, Rochdale have got to make sure they get a fair market value for him. What the going rate is for a 29 year old with 1 year left on his contract (and one of the league's best players) is I don't know, however I'm sure Dunphy and Hill have a figure in mind. Yes we are a selling club, I agree with the club's strategy however we must make sure that we simply don't sell to the first bidder. Henderson's a special talent and his signing would strengthen Barnsley as much as it would weaken us. If he wants to leave and we can get the right figure for him fine, if not I would rather he gave us one more year and leave for nothing at the end of the year. This is not a situation similar to ALF where we have to sell for peanuts.
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:06 - Jul 27 with 3238 viewsFrog

You know, I was feeling rather down at the thought of Henderson leaving just now, then this came on the radio and now it is totally insignificant.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-33672499
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:06 - Jul 27 with 3234 viewsnordenblue

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 16:39 - Jul 27 by AtThePeake

I think it's pretty obvious that the chairman at the time was speaking about the club not being ready for L1 just yet. Which I think, given what we've seen happen to Yeovil in the last few seasons, is encouraging. I think he's talking about building a base in L1, becoming an established side at this level and then, when the infrastructure is in place, launching an assault at trying to reach the Championship.

Whilst in the mean time selling our best chances of reaching the championship, the crowds arent sustainable for a crack at the next level and that wont be changing any time soon either so dont hold your breath waiting for this assualt.
While waiting for all the pieces of this jigsaw to fall into place our biggest chance of ever stepping up a level is currently at the club,and wont be here forever.
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:08 - Jul 27 with 3212 viewsTVOS1907

I think you're forgetting Parkin, Ford and Jones.

Yeah, we know they weren't exactly Allan Clarke and Ronnie Glavin for you, but they were doing quite well for Dale at the time.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:10 - Jul 27 with 3188 viewsBrierls

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:06 - Jul 27 by Frog

You know, I was feeling rather down at the thought of Henderson leaving just now, then this came on the radio and now it is totally insignificant.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-33672499

It is very very sad.

But just to keep this thread on track, I don't want Hendo playing out that far from home in Barnsley, let alone a fcuking seven year old!?!?
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:10 - Jul 27 with 3186 viewsAtThePeake

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:06 - Jul 27 by nordenblue

Whilst in the mean time selling our best chances of reaching the championship, the crowds arent sustainable for a crack at the next level and that wont be changing any time soon either so dont hold your breath waiting for this assualt.
While waiting for all the pieces of this jigsaw to fall into place our biggest chance of ever stepping up a level is currently at the club,and wont be here forever.

And I remember people saying the same thing about getting into L1 when we sold Murray, Le Fondrre, Perkins, Buckley etc.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2015 17:10]

Tangled up in blue.

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:11 - Jul 27 with 3172 viewsTVOS1907

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:00 - Jul 27 by WhiteyBFC

Obviously the accuracy of this isn't known to Joe Public, but I hardly think they 'took' John Stones off you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21286890

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:14 - Jul 27 with 3141 viewsBrierls

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:06 - Jul 27 by nordenblue

Jesus. I actually agree with you...

...so long as Hilly stays, we'll be OK. He won't be here forever, and flog me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he's off to Barnsley.

Oh. That's not what you meant, is it?
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:15 - Jul 27 with 3123 viewsYouTubeDale

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 16:12 - Jul 27 by MoonyDale

At the Fylde game Hilly was in the bar, asked about Hendo and the reply was Hendo is NOT for sale, he will not be sold and can go for nothing at the end of the season........We wait and see the outcome, not bothered about offers for any of our players as it just shows we are doing something right, peed off that yet again it's fooking Barnsley. Will be mightily peed off if he's sold after what was said..........

Yes, that's the one...
Will be mightily peed off if he's sold after what was said..........

AND they said that Done wasn't going because we had money in the bank and therefore we didn't need to sell him....then off he goes.

I know particularly at this time of the season situations are dynamic, but it still gripes when one thing is said and the opposite occurs.

At the moment I am keeping calm in the hope that Hilly will keep his star player (the best player he has ever signed) and not sell to his rivals, but the moment a sale is announced with the usual "undisclosed fee" rubbish then I will be annoyed.

WE DON'T HAVE TO SELL. Leave it at that and let us enjoy the season with Hendo at the club, DELIGHTING us.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2015 17:19]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:28 - Jul 27 with 3028 viewskiwidale

Whitey you won't get anywhere trying to talk sense on here the plain facts are obvious but some just won't have it so one more time I will explain. Ian Henderson is employed like most of us and he gets a wage like we all do that's why we work, if he gets an offer to treble his wages at a better company or in this case football club he will take it just like any of us would. I would love to play for Rochdale it's been a dream since I was a lad but I would snatch the hand off Barnsley or any other club/employer who tripled my wage. Finally the only reason Henderson and others are here in the first place is because their contracts stipulate a get out clause all parties concerned the player his agent and his employer/club fully understand this the ones who don't understand are deluded fans ie the I'm never going again! we don't wont promotion! no ambition! Dumphy and Hill are trousering the money! bollox lunitics , they think think we own the players as in slave and master/owner. Ian Henderson is not a chattel some on here need to get a grip in the real world.

Please step forward anybody who would refuse a triple salary and better conditions come on lets be having you.

If Henderson goes Hill will replace him in fact he might already have done.

This is not the time for bickering.

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:34 - Jul 27 with 2967 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:28 - Jul 27 by kiwidale

Whitey you won't get anywhere trying to talk sense on here the plain facts are obvious but some just won't have it so one more time I will explain. Ian Henderson is employed like most of us and he gets a wage like we all do that's why we work, if he gets an offer to treble his wages at a better company or in this case football club he will take it just like any of us would. I would love to play for Rochdale it's been a dream since I was a lad but I would snatch the hand off Barnsley or any other club/employer who tripled my wage. Finally the only reason Henderson and others are here in the first place is because their contracts stipulate a get out clause all parties concerned the player his agent and his employer/club fully understand this the ones who don't understand are deluded fans ie the I'm never going again! we don't wont promotion! no ambition! Dumphy and Hill are trousering the money! bollox lunitics , they think think we own the players as in slave and master/owner. Ian Henderson is not a chattel some on here need to get a grip in the real world.

Please step forward anybody who would refuse a triple salary and better conditions come on lets be having you.

If Henderson goes Hill will replace him in fact he might already have done.

You would make a cracking 'pimp' KD. It's all about the money, that's football.
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:38 - Jul 27 with 2916 viewskiwidale

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:34 - Jul 27 by TalkingSutty

You would make a cracking 'pimp' KD. It's all about the money, that's football.

A bit unfair Sutty but you are right its always about money.

This is not the time for bickering.

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:48 - Jul 27 with 2844 viewszxcvbnm

He was signing for Sheffield United before the Chester game after a similar rumour

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:48 - Jul 27 with 2839 viewsnordenblue

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:14 - Jul 27 by Brierls

Jesus. I actually agree with you...

...so long as Hilly stays, we'll be OK. He won't be here forever, and flog me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he's off to Barnsley.

Oh. That's not what you meant, is it?

My aim isnt generally to get your approval tbf,many a post you produce will appear ridiculous to others,thats the pleasures of a forum i suppose.
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:49 - Jul 27 with 2824 viewsD_Alien

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:48 - Jul 27 by nordenblue

My aim isnt generally to get your approval tbf,many a post you produce will appear ridiculous to others,thats the pleasures of a forum i suppose.

Brierls is just hoping someone will flog him

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:51 - Jul 27 with 2788 viewsBrierls

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:49 - Jul 27 by D_Alien

Brierls is just hoping someone will flog him

Not to fookin Barnsley!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024