Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Henderson: Barnsley approach? 13:09 - Jul 27 with 40553 views442Dale

Sports Editor at BBC Sheffield:

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:51 - Jul 27 with 3915 viewsD_Alien

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:51 - Jul 27 by Brierls

Not to fookin Barnsley!

Are they trying to buy our fans too, now?

Bastards.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:53 - Jul 27 with 3895 viewsWhiteyBFC

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:02 - Jul 27 by AtThePeake

I haven't seen anyone saying anything about the Barnsley supporters.

Also re: food chain - when's the last time Barnsley finished above Everton?
[Post edited 27 Jul 2015 17:12]

Mate... you're going down this feeble minded route, really?

I would rank Everton well above Barnsley in the English football food chain. I'd rank Barnsley well above Rochdale in the same food chain. Kudos and all that for finishing just above us for one season, in your best ever finish, ever, of all time, period. But you're having a giraffe if you can't see us as further up that chain. If Man Utd are a great white shark, and we're merely a carp, then you're clearly a stickleback.
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:59 - Jul 27 with 3842 viewsWhiteyBFC

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:08 - Jul 27 by TVOS1907

I think you're forgetting Parkin, Ford and Jones.

Yeah, we know they weren't exactly Allan Clarke and Ronnie Glavin for you, but they were doing quite well for Dale at the time.

A few years before my time, Glavin and Clarke. I'd have used Redfearn and Wilson.
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 18:01 - Jul 27 with 3819 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:53 - Jul 27 by WhiteyBFC

I would rank Everton well above Barnsley in the English football food chain. I'd rank Barnsley well above Rochdale in the same food chain. Kudos and all that for finishing just above us for one season, in your best ever finish, ever, of all time, period. But you're having a giraffe if you can't see us as further up that chain. If Man Utd are a great white shark, and we're merely a carp, then you're clearly a stickleback.

A Carp?? That's a bloody insult to Carp, i would describe Barnsley of being more like a Perch.

Perch are ugly by nature and very spikey, they are predators and like to ambush smaller fish, nobody likes Perch.

We are the TInka TInka of the fish world. Everybody likes Tench, they are highly thought of and quite a hardy fish, they spend most of the time on the bottom!!
[Post edited 27 Jul 2015 18:11]
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 18:02 - Jul 27 with 3804 viewsWhiteyBFC

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 17:11 - Jul 27 by TVOS1907

Obviously the accuracy of this isn't known to Joe Public, but I hardly think they 'took' John Stones off you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21286890

What is your angle here, TVOS?

I was making the simple and clear as daylight point that we've lost a footballer to a bigger club, and that they're now also interested in another. Basically, it happens, to all of us. I suppose I could have used David Hirst and Danny Wilson being poached of us by Wednesday all those years ago, but I thought the point was already obvious.

I'm not here to argue with you, and you'd be better served making sure you could spell footballers names properly in your programme.
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 18:03 - Jul 27 with 3780 viewsAtThePeake

Not suggesting we're a bigger club than Barnsley. I'm suggesting the gap between Everton and Barnsley is bigger than the gap between Barnsley and Rochdale.

The deal for Stones saw you lose a player who had made less than 25 appearances in exchange for a few million quid.

The deal for Hill saw us lose pretty much our whole management team along with two key players for a few hundred grand in return - you're not really comparing those two are you?

Tangled up in blue.

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 18:04 - Jul 27 with 3773 viewsWhiteyBFC

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 18:01 - Jul 27 by TalkingSutty

A Carp?? That's a bloody insult to Carp, i would describe Barnsley of being more like a Perch.

Perch are ugly by nature and very spikey, they are predators and like to ambush smaller fish, nobody likes Perch.

We are the TInka TInka of the fish world. Everybody likes Tench, they are highly thought of and quite a hardy fish, they spend most of the time on the bottom!!

One of the best things I've read on here.
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 18:07 - Jul 27 with 3746 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 18:02 - Jul 27 by WhiteyBFC

What is your angle here, TVOS?

I was making the simple and clear as daylight point that we've lost a footballer to a bigger club, and that they're now also interested in another. Basically, it happens, to all of us. I suppose I could have used David Hirst and Danny Wilson being poached of us by Wednesday all those years ago, but I thought the point was already obvious.

I'm not here to argue with you, and you'd be better served making sure you could spell footballers names properly in your programme.

Wow, that's fighting talk Whitey. Don't start dragging our programme into this, things could get very messy!! Watch your back next time you pass through Littleborough.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2015 18:21]
Login to get fewer ads

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 18:21 - Jul 27 with 3651 viewsWhiteyBFC

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 18:03 - Jul 27 by AtThePeake

Not suggesting we're a bigger club than Barnsley. I'm suggesting the gap between Everton and Barnsley is bigger than the gap between Barnsley and Rochdale.

The deal for Stones saw you lose a player who had made less than 25 appearances in exchange for a few million quid.

The deal for Hill saw us lose pretty much our whole management team along with two key players for a few hundred grand in return - you're not really comparing those two are you?

I wasn't getting into the minute detail, pal. I was making the basic point that it's a dog eat dog world, that we all lose players to bigger, wealthier clubs. If you want to continue trying to find things in what I've typed that really aren't there, you crack on.
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 18:22 - Jul 27 with 3628 viewsWhiteyBFC

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 18:07 - Jul 27 by TalkingSutty

Wow, that's fighting talk Whitey. Don't start dragging our programme into this, things could get very messy!! Watch your back next time you pass through Littleborough.

Nakki Wells.

Martin Craine.

Lloyd Atkinson (that was the best one).

TVOS is a big lad, sure he can take it.
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 18:29 - Jul 27 with 3562 views442Dale

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 18:07 - Jul 27 by TalkingSutty

He should wait 'til that ridiculous kit page features Barnsley.

One word: intergalactic.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 18:32 - Jul 27 with 3522 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 16:31 - Jul 27 by WhiteyBFC

To my knowledge, we've only signed two players from your club in recent times. And the manager signing them was your manager. So I'd give that old chestnut a rest about it being Barnsley 'again'. Granted, we've had lots of your former players here in recent times, but again, who signed them? Yep, your manager or his best pal. I struggle to recollect us signing Rochdale players before or after their ill-fated spells in the Oakwell dugout.

On topic though, I've no idea how genuine this 'approach' is. It'd be a signing that would surprise me, as it goes against everything our board and manager have been preaching all summer. However, he scored 22 goals at this level last season and operates in areas that we currently need to strengthen, so the attraction on our part is obvious, if it's true. Would the lad himself be attracted though? It surprises me that nobody else has taken him yet, maybe the age puts suitors off, I dunno.

I'd like him in a Barnsley shirt. But not particularly fussed whether it happens. I rate Henderson, but I'd prefer not to read this forum for the next 9 months and come across some of the bile I just have done in this thread about my club etc.

I'd back Keith to replace him anyway, he always does.

Foookin non ironic understanding tvvat.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 18:37 - Jul 27 with 3508 viewsTVOS1907

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 18:22 - Jul 27 by WhiteyBFC

Nakki Wells.

Martin Craine.

Lloyd Atkinson (that was the best one).

TVOS is a big lad, sure he can take it.

You've lost me, pal.

Wells was correctly spelled as 'Nahki' on four separate occasions, Crainie wasn't listed as he signed after the programmes were printed (and therefore not spelled in any way) and I've no idea who Lloyd Atkinson is as I wasn't there!

My angle, in answer to your earlier question, was that Everton didn't really 'take' Stones from you, rather they paid a handsome fee with sell-ons that could yield a hefty sum for your club.

It's just how words are interpreted on different sides of the Pennines, I suppose.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 18:38 - Jul 27 with 3495 viewsTVOS1907

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 18:01 - Jul 27 by TalkingSutty

I think the 'a' and 'r' need interchanging in carp.

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 18:38 - Jul 27 with 3495 viewsWhiteyBFC

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 18:29 - Jul 27 by 442Dale

He should wait 'til that ridiculous kit page features Barnsley.

One word: intergalactic.

I'm soon to be the proud owner of it, at long last, the first shirt I saw us wear.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11800134_689687077841
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 18:41 - Jul 27 with 3469 viewsWhiteyBFC

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 18:37 - Jul 27 by TVOS1907

You've lost me, pal.

Wells was correctly spelled as 'Nahki' on four separate occasions, Crainie wasn't listed as he signed after the programmes were printed (and therefore not spelled in any way) and I've no idea who Lloyd Atkinson is as I wasn't there!

My angle, in answer to your earlier question, was that Everton didn't really 'take' Stones from you, rather they paid a handsome fee with sell-ons that could yield a hefty sum for your club.

It's just how words are interpreted on different sides of the Pennines, I suppose.

I owe you an apology. I was referring to this image I saw on twitter. I saw TVOS and the squads on that photo and assumed... But it's obviously the team sheet that made the errors. So aye, apologies mate.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKw66evUwAEWz1E.jpg:large

How the chuff do you get images to show up on this forum?
[Post edited 27 Jul 2015 18:42]
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 18:42 - Jul 27 with 3464 viewsleonardrafc

These Rochdale/Barnsley size comparisons get worse
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 18:47 - Jul 27 with 3413 viewsflyerdale

Oh fook off who the fook do you think you are?
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 19:05 - Jul 27 with 3321 viewsWhiteyBFC

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 18:47 - Jul 27 by flyerdale

Oh fook off who the fook do you think you are?

Hang about. You tell me to fook off, but then ask me a question?

I'll put it down to poor grammar. Bless her.
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 19:07 - Jul 27 with 3296 viewsflyerdale

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 19:05 - Jul 27 by WhiteyBFC

Hang about. You tell me to fook off, but then ask me a question?

I'll put it down to poor grammar. Bless her.

Oh do one you condicending tvvat. Go and take your little snide digs somewhere else.
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 19:28 - Jul 27 with 3174 viewsMBoothman

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 16:31 - Jul 27 by WhiteyBFC

To my knowledge, we've only signed two players from your club in recent times. And the manager signing them was your manager. So I'd give that old chestnut a rest about it being Barnsley 'again'. Granted, we've had lots of your former players here in recent times, but again, who signed them? Yep, your manager or his best pal. I struggle to recollect us signing Rochdale players before or after their ill-fated spells in the Oakwell dugout.

On topic though, I've no idea how genuine this 'approach' is. It'd be a signing that would surprise me, as it goes against everything our board and manager have been preaching all summer. However, he scored 22 goals at this level last season and operates in areas that we currently need to strengthen, so the attraction on our part is obvious, if it's true. Would the lad himself be attracted though? It surprises me that nobody else has taken him yet, maybe the age puts suitors off, I dunno.

I'd like him in a Barnsley shirt. But not particularly fussed whether it happens. I rate Henderson, but I'd prefer not to read this forum for the next 9 months and come across some of the bile I just have done in this thread about my club etc.

I'd back Keith to replace him anyway, he always does.

Try not hanging round this forum then and fook off back to Barnsley's.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2015 19:33]

Yes. That IS Sako.

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 19:49 - Jul 27 with 3037 viewspioneer

It always seems to come back to attendances as if they are fixed, low and outside our control. What has the club done in practical terms to increase attendances since we won our last promotion (that wasn't already being done)?

Well we have on line ticketing at last - which is mainly a help for all ticket (or high demand) games. Nobody needs to buy a ticket on line for that Tuesday night home game against Shrewsbury.

Folks on here have suggested payment plans for season tickets, mini-packs and all sorts of other things. Instead we find the passport to leisure discount is no longer available.

Yes we will always need to sell players while we fail to sell tickets/but bums on seats.
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 21:17 - Jul 27 with 2663 viewsPDIDDY

Keith on Burys twitter is saying we have approached a striker who is well known locally, surely not, meltdown, and flicker was at spotty on Saturday

Gissa job

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 21:38 - Jul 27 with 2555 viewsYouTubeDale

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 21:17 - Jul 27 by PDIDDY

Keith on Burys twitter is saying we have approached a striker who is well known locally, surely not, meltdown, and flicker was at spotty on Saturday

Well he didn't see Hendo play. Or did I miss your point?

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 21:44 - Jul 27 with 2521 viewsTVOS1907

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 21:17 - Jul 27 by PDIDDY

It's G. Donnelly.

How many strikers do you want?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024