Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3rd Test Match 12:01 - Jul 29 with 4684 viewsTVOS1907

Great first hour for England, Aussies 34-3.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

3rd Test Match on 14:28 - Jul 29 with 2672 viewsTVOS1907

82-5

3rd Test Match on 14:33 - Jul 29 with 2668 viewsTVOS1907

86-6

3rd Test Match on 14:46 - Jul 29 with 2647 viewsD_Alien

Five fer Jimmy!

And it's "break your arm" Mitch !!

[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 14:46]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

3rd Test Match on 15:32 - Jul 29 with 2589 viewsTVOS1907

110-8

3rd Test Match on 15:34 - Jul 29 with 2582 viewsTVOS1907

119-9

3rd Test Match on 15:51 - Jul 29 with 2547 viewsTVOS1907

136 all out

3rd Test Match on 15:52 - Jul 29 with 2540 viewssampadale

Anderson 6-37, best ever for him in an Ashes test.
3rd Test Match on 16:09 - Jul 29 with 2512 viewsTalkingSutty

3rd Test Match on 15:52 - Jul 29 by sampadale

Anderson 6-37, best ever for him in an Ashes test.

It's moving all over the place, England will do well to post 250 in these conditions.
Login to get fewer ads

3rd Test Match on 18:52 - Jul 29 with 2395 viewsmoth5368

Great day, pity Bell threw it away near the end, was hoping he'd get a score
3rd Test Match on 19:40 - Jul 29 with 2353 viewsDaley_Lama

We must be aggressive
We must be aggressive
We must be aggressive

That's the mantra and both Cook and Bell got out being aggressive before they had even had a look at Lyon.

Lyon on for one over - Cook out
Lyon on for a second over - Bell out

Given the swinging conditions and the fact that England stated pre-ashes that they had to attack Lyon, their eyes lit up.

At some point they will get that Lyon is a good spinner and they should at least have a look at him before going over the top.

Other than that, a cracking day for England, i'm always a "want my cake to eat it type" and I hope we bat all day tomorrow, into Sunday and then skittle them out.

Back to back tests, knacker their bowlers out! We didn't do it in the first test, we paid for it in the second.

ps just seen the catch for Cook, he gets a reprieve. Bell doesn't though. Right near the close, too.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 19:42]

Poll: DF in or out

3rd Test Match on 20:05 - Jul 29 with 2307 viewsTVOS1907

3rd Test Match on 19:40 - Jul 29 by Daley_Lama

We must be aggressive
We must be aggressive
We must be aggressive

That's the mantra and both Cook and Bell got out being aggressive before they had even had a look at Lyon.

Given the swinging conditions and the fact that England stated pre-ashes that they had to attack Lyon, their eyes lit up.

At some point they will get that Lyon is a good spinner and they should at least have a look at him before going over the top.

Other than that, a cracking day for England, i'm always a "want my cake to eat it type" and I hope we bat all day tomorrow, into Sunday and then skittle them out.

Back to back tests, knacker their bowlers out! We didn't do it in the first test, we paid for it in the second.

ps just seen the catch for Cook, he gets a reprieve. Bell doesn't though. Right near the close, too.

We'll have scored about 2,000 if we bat into Sunday!

3rd Test Match on 20:07 - Jul 29 with 2304 viewsTalkingSutty

We must be aggressive
We must be aggressive
We must be aggressive

Seven wickets left, i would be happy with a first innings lead of 150 but with England a batting collapse is never far away, so nothing can be taken for granted.

I would like to see Ali moved up the order tomorrow but dont see the management being flexible enough to even consider it. If the Aussies don't win the morning session then i see us going 2-1 up in the series.

The ideal scenario is to bat once and score 450-500, we don't want to be batting last and having to score 280 to win. Twists and turns, the magic of Test Match Cricket.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 20:12]
3rd Test Match on 20:40 - Jul 29 with 2242 viewsDaley_Lama

3rd Test Match on 20:05 - Jul 29 by TVOS1907

We'll have scored about 2,000 if we bat into Sunday!

Jimmy is due a daddy ton.

3rd Test Match on 21:12 - Jul 29 with 2196 viewsThacks_Rabbits

I would take a 200 lead tbh. Great to see Bell playing well and Cook was UL. we bat way further down than them so 400 is possible. Great display either way!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

3rd Test Match on 21:50 - Jul 29 with 2159 viewsD_Alien

We must be aggressive
We must be aggressive
We must be aggressive

Sorry DL, but that's rubbeesh

The ball from Lyon to Cook demanded to be given a smack. No self-respecting test batsman would've done otherwise. Incredibly unlucky it stuck in Voges midriff (he must have a load of fluff in his belly button).

As for Bell, he's been playing that type of miscue to spinners at key moments since he first took up a mini cricket bat., before he grew another couple of inches. Absolutely rock all to do with We must be aggressive (yawn)

PS: Cook doesn't need your reprieve.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 22:00]

3rd Test Match on 22:14 - Jul 29 with 2116 viewsBrierls

What a day for England. We need to ram home that advantage tomorrow.

Jimmy Anderson is so good, he could get Oscar Pistorius out lbw.
3rd Test Match on 08:46 - Jul 30 with 2016 viewsDaley_Lama

3rd Test Match on 21:50 - Jul 29 by D_Alien

Sorry DL, but that's rubbeesh

The ball from Lyon to Cook demanded to be given a smack. No self-respecting test batsman would've done otherwise. Incredibly unlucky it stuck in Voges midriff (he must have a load of fluff in his belly button).

As for Bell, he's been playing that type of miscue to spinners at key moments since he first took up a mini cricket bat., before he grew another couple of inches. Absolutely rock all to do with We must be aggressive (yawn)

PS: Cook doesn't need your reprieve.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 22:00]

Yawn all you like, the pre-meditated 'we will attack Lyon from the off' attitude is hurting England.

Lyin has 11 wickets at 20 runs per wicket. He is a good bowler but we are playing in England, not Calcutta. We are playing him collectively and in some indivual cases particularly poorly.

England have not tried to slog any other bowler in the first over. They have a look, get used to his pace and length.

Not with Lyon, oh no. Cook did the same in the last test, going along nicely first innings, along comes Lyon, 3 balls later, Cook in the dressing room, along comes the collapse.

Hence the reprieve. He was on trial as he already has form for doing this idiotic thing. When have you ever seen Cook play in this way before? What is the change? Pre-meditation of course.

As i said, i want my cake and want to eat it. The best test teams are those that eliminate the most mistakes at there end and encourage the most mistakes in the opposition.

Trying to blast Lyon out of the attack is a mistake. The stats show it, watching the game shows it, only you won't accept it.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 8:52]

3rd Test Match on 11:19 - Jul 30 with 1953 viewsTVOS1907

Two wickets for Johnson in his first over.

152-5

3rd Test Match on 14:03 - Jul 30 with 1864 viewsD_Alien

I love Moeen Ali!

Has this guy got talent, or what? And cool too. The face (and beard) of peaceful islam, taking it to the Aussies. Asian English sang froid at it's very unfrench best!

3rd Test Match on 14:08 - Jul 30 with 1847 viewsTVOS1907

3rd Test Match on 14:03 - Jul 30 by D_Alien

I love Moeen Ali!

Has this guy got talent, or what? And cool too. The face (and beard) of peaceful islam, taking it to the Aussies. Asian English sang froid at it's very unfrench best!

Yep, a great session after lunch.

3rd Test Match on 14:08 - Jul 30 with 1847 viewsD_Alien

3rd Test Match on 08:46 - Jul 30 by Daley_Lama

Yawn all you like, the pre-meditated 'we will attack Lyon from the off' attitude is hurting England.

Lyin has 11 wickets at 20 runs per wicket. He is a good bowler but we are playing in England, not Calcutta. We are playing him collectively and in some indivual cases particularly poorly.

England have not tried to slog any other bowler in the first over. They have a look, get used to his pace and length.

Not with Lyon, oh no. Cook did the same in the last test, going along nicely first innings, along comes Lyon, 3 balls later, Cook in the dressing room, along comes the collapse.

Hence the reprieve. He was on trial as he already has form for doing this idiotic thing. When have you ever seen Cook play in this way before? What is the change? Pre-meditation of course.

As i said, i want my cake and want to eat it. The best test teams are those that eliminate the most mistakes at there end and encourage the most mistakes in the opposition.

Trying to blast Lyon out of the attack is a mistake. The stats show it, watching the game shows it, only you won't accept it.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 8:52]

More rubeesh

And missing every single one of my points more spectacularly than Bell missed the pitch of Lyons delivery. I'll put it down to panic.

3rd Test Match on 14:16 - Jul 30 with 1827 viewsTVOS1907

3rd Test Match on 14:08 - Jul 30 by D_Alien

More rubeesh

And missing every single one of my points more spectacularly than Bell missed the pitch of Lyons delivery. I'll put it down to panic.

8-277 (in Ricky Ponting's words)

3rd Test Match on 14:20 - Jul 30 with 1822 viewsDaley_Lama

You haven't countered my points. He misred the ball because he had not given himself any time to get used to Lyon.

Number 3 batsman, 100 + tests, experienced player, out just before the close playing a 'we must be agressive' shot.

2 overs in, 2 inexperienced batsmen out this morning.

If only we had had an experienced batsman who had played himself in.

Rubbish! Trash!! Garbage!!!

3rd Test Match on 14:23 - Jul 30 with 1809 viewsD_Alien

3rd Test Match on 14:20 - Jul 30 by Daley_Lama

You haven't countered my points. He misred the ball because he had not given himself any time to get used to Lyon.

Number 3 batsman, 100 + tests, experienced player, out just before the close playing a 'we must be agressive' shot.

2 overs in, 2 inexperienced batsmen out this morning.

If only we had had an experienced batsman who had played himself in.

Rubbish! Trash!! Garbage!!!

On the contrary, I countered all your points in my first post.

3rd Test Match on 14:27 - Jul 30 with 1794 viewsDaley_Lama

3rd Test Match on 14:23 - Jul 30 by D_Alien

On the contrary, I countered all your points in my first post.

Ok, do you agree or disagree that Bell batted irresponsibly against Lyon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024