Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The latest from Barnsley 11:18 - Jul 30 with 11150 viewsMoonyDale

Back in today with a 175k bid I am told.......Info from inside Barnsley fc.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

The latest from Barnsley on 11:26 - Jul 30 with 6482 viewstazzydjr

They should treble that figure that's shocking for a league 1 footballer who scored 20+ goals

Hope the club tell them to shove it

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

The latest from Barnsley on 11:36 - Jul 30 with 6431 viewssandylaner1

forget his market value ....its what hendo is worth to us and this team right now

our best player by a mile, our talisman and captain

we don't need to sell and surely keith hill isn't going to let his 'best ever signing' go for peanuts
[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 11:44]
The latest from Barnsley on 12:13 - Jul 30 with 6280 viewsDiddyDave

This sounds like Alfie Le Fondre Mark II to me. Correct me if I`m wrong,but Alfie didn`t even want to go to Rotherham,he was told to because the money Dale got for him more or less guaranteed RAFC keeping their financial nose above water for that coming season. This Henderson saga has a similar ring to it in my opinion,the money Dale got for Done and Hogan presumably gone in the bank for the optimistic assumption that Dale will finally get full control of the stadium. So no wonder there`re so many on this Forum who are very cynical at what is going on,always remembering that Dale have always been a selling club. Maybe they do need the Tyke`s,or anybody else`s money as the season fast approaches just to see things through until May?
The latest from Barnsley on 12:18 - Jul 30 with 6239 viewsstigmundo77

another very astute offer, They will go for a final offer of £200 k if you ask me and be in Hendo's ear about a 3 yr deal and big bucks. Wouldn't blame him if he left , would be truly gutted though
The latest from Barnsley on 12:21 - Jul 30 with 6213 viewsfitzochris

The latest from Barnsley on 12:18 - Jul 30 by stigmundo77

another very astute offer, They will go for a final offer of £200 k if you ask me and be in Hendo's ear about a 3 yr deal and big bucks. Wouldn't blame him if he left , would be truly gutted though

That's what I see happening,too.

With a new season just over a week away, it is a bitter blow to the squad.

I only hope it allows Keith to sign someone he has had his eye on for a while.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

The latest from Barnsley on 12:39 - Jul 30 with 6094 viewsDale27

The latest from Barnsley on 12:21 - Jul 30 by fitzochris

That's what I see happening,too.

With a new season just over a week away, it is a bitter blow to the squad.

I only hope it allows Keith to sign someone he has had his eye on for a while.

Would need someone extremely special to replace Hendo.

Or will this money go towards the new training ground & ground purchase?
The latest from Barnsley on 12:40 - Jul 30 with 6081 viewsmacro

I’m confident, maybe foolishly that Hendo will stay. I could be eating my words come August 31st or before. If the bids were for Allen or Cannon then I’d be expecting to see that tweet that they’ve left but Hendo is a different case.
The latest from Barnsley on 13:18 - Jul 30 with 5898 viewsrochdaleriddler

if losing henderson drops our crowd by a few hundred then the 'deal' is a big loser for rochdale. We dont need to sell, Barnsley are not allowed to talk contracts with Hendo until we agree a fee. We have offered him a better deal, if he wants to go at the end of the season, he can, and he would attract a top signing on fee. Every ones a winner. The money for the ground has been available before the sale of Done we were told. We may be a selling club, but that doesnt mean rolling over for a few quid every time something good is being built. I would have thought a season like last is worth with Hendo is worth more than 200K

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

The latest from Barnsley on 13:24 - Jul 30 with 5868 viewsstigmundo77

Losing Hendo is a season changer !!!! TBH if he stays we should celebrate like we have signed Messi :)
The latest from Barnsley on 14:35 - Jul 30 with 5707 viewsD_Alien

Is Hendo married, or living with a partner? Children?

Right then. Anyone with experience of having family responsibilities will understand that going home and trying to explain to your wife/partner that you're not going to be tripling your income for the next three years is something that can't be rationalised with "but I like playing for Keith Hill". Equally, for the club to stand in his way will have his partner questioning whether he should be putting so much effort into a club that clearly doesn't have the best interests of his family at heart.

If Hendo is a completely free agent (relationship wise) then it's a different matter. But going home every day to face your family when you know you're not doing your best for them simply doesn't work - even with an understanding partner, the thought will always be there, in every conversation, in every act of love making.

Only those who've never been in that situation (I'm pointing at you, Sweetcorn "old chestnut") will still be whingeing on about the club lacking ambition.

And no, I've never been hen-pecked in my life, but it's a matter of life experience.

[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 14:40]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The latest from Barnsley on 14:37 - Jul 30 with 5684 viewsnordenblue

The latest from Barnsley on 13:18 - Jul 30 by rochdaleriddler

if losing henderson drops our crowd by a few hundred then the 'deal' is a big loser for rochdale. We dont need to sell, Barnsley are not allowed to talk contracts with Hendo until we agree a fee. We have offered him a better deal, if he wants to go at the end of the season, he can, and he would attract a top signing on fee. Every ones a winner. The money for the ground has been available before the sale of Done we were told. We may be a selling club, but that doesnt mean rolling over for a few quid every time something good is being built. I would have thought a season like last is worth with Hendo is worth more than 200K

"We dont need to sell" now where have we heard that before,when the bid reaches 200k other clubs know mr Dunphy and co will already be rubbing their hands no doubt looking after the "long term future of the club"in the process.
The latest from Barnsley on 14:41 - Jul 30 with 5659 viewsTVOS1907

The latest from Barnsley on 14:35 - Jul 30 by D_Alien

Right then. Anyone with experience of having family responsibilities will understand that going home and trying to explain to your wife/partner that you're not going to be tripling your income for the next three years is something that can't be rationalised with "but I like playing for Keith Hill". Equally, for the club to stand in his way will have his partner questioning whether he should be putting so much effort into a club that clearly doesn't have the best interests of his family at heart.

If Hendo is a completely free agent (relationship wise) then it's a different matter. But going home every day to face your family when you know you're not doing your best for them simply doesn't work - even with an understanding partner, the thought will always be there, in every conversation, in every act of love making.

Only those who've never been in that situation (I'm pointing at you, Sweetcorn "old chestnut") will still be whingeing on about the club lacking ambition.

And no, I've never been hen-pecked in my life, but it's a matter of life experience.

He has a girlfriend who, I believe, works for Man United (Chaff will know her), which is why they moved north in the first place.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

The latest from Barnsley on 14:51 - Jul 30 with 5618 viewsaleanddale

£175 is derisory for a player of hendos quality...

Fook em... Let him go on a free in June 2016.

Talisman and heartbeat I would be gutted beyond belief if he does leave now.
The latest from Barnsley on 14:57 - Jul 30 with 5593 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

The latest from Barnsley on 14:35 - Jul 30 by D_Alien

Hendo moved to the North west as his Mrs has a very good job I believe, they are also renovating a house in Roe Green, so its safe to say that the NW is his base.

Hendo is also a business man and will have a plan of how much the remainder of his playing days will yield and where he wants his Herbalife career to be when he stops playing.

As you quite rightly say, if he can improve on these figures, its a no brainer for him. Extra wages, the ability to tap into the South Yorkshire region with his business and probably even lodge with Matty Done a couple of times a week.

IF Barnsley allow him to continue with his business interests, I feel a final offer of £225K will see him sold.

Really gutting, but understandable.

The club need to get his replacement right though, the way Matty Done was sold, possibly Hendo, the lack of appetite to push for the play offs, plus the £2 increase to watch a weakened side, will not wash if we say Joe Bunney is a ready made replacement or we sign Andy Bishop type has been (never been).

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

The latest from Barnsley on 15:30 - Jul 30 with 5487 viewsDaleiLama

The latest from Barnsley on 14:57 - Jul 30 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Hendo moved to the North west as his Mrs has a very good job I believe, they are also renovating a house in Roe Green, so its safe to say that the NW is his base.

Hendo is also a business man and will have a plan of how much the remainder of his playing days will yield and where he wants his Herbalife career to be when he stops playing.

As you quite rightly say, if he can improve on these figures, its a no brainer for him. Extra wages, the ability to tap into the South Yorkshire region with his business and probably even lodge with Matty Done a couple of times a week.

IF Barnsley allow him to continue with his business interests, I feel a final offer of £225K will see him sold.

The club need to get his replacement right though, the way Matty Done was sold, possibly Hendo, the lack of appetite to push for the play offs, plus the £2 increase to watch a weakened side, will not wash if we say Joe Bunney is a ready made replacement or we sign Andy Bishop type has been (never been).

As well as his earning power, there are a lot of other factors such as his wife's job being settled/her being happy, kids being settled at school/where they are in their education if he has any (probably not a key time with Hendo being young), or location of family for if they plan a family etc etc which could factor into this, but frankly, que sera sera. If the man moves on to earn more money, more power to him, good luck in the future Hendo, you were a class act and a very positive influence and key part of the Dale transformation and success. I'll also be gutted to lose him, but it isn't the end of the world or the end of RAFC.

I am still at a loss that some fans get all antsy at these past and potential player moves and our business model. The wheels have fallen off so many times when a player leaves according to some and we finished last season with our highest ever league place. Based on the evidence so far, what we are doing works. It's also much more robust than the fantasy football they are playing up the A58!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The latest from Barnsley on 15:42 - Jul 30 with 5411 viewsnordenblue

The latest from Barnsley on 14:57 - Jul 30 by SteTsGoldenBoot

You're right about his house in Roe Green,its next door to one of my mates,saying that if he wanted to keep hold of the house long term he'd not have a problem renting it out as yet another income!!
He's not rooted to the area realistically his mrs works in Manchester so ultra easy to commute to and hes fairly flexible location wise and is currently only renting anyway
The latest from Barnsley on 15:45 - Jul 30 with 5398 viewsSuddenLad

The latest from Barnsley on 14:51 - Jul 30 by aleanddale

£175 is derisory for a player of hendos quality...

Fook em... Let him go on a free in June 2016.

Talisman and heartbeat I would be gutted beyond belief if he does leave now.

Very true. Fortunately it was £175,000.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The latest from Barnsley on 16:40 - Jul 30 with 5181 viewspioneer

The latest from Barnsley on 15:30 - Jul 30 by DaleiLama

As well as his earning power, there are a lot of other factors such as his wife's job being settled/her being happy, kids being settled at school/where they are in their education if he has any (probably not a key time with Hendo being young), or location of family for if they plan a family etc etc which could factor into this, but frankly, que sera sera. If the man moves on to earn more money, more power to him, good luck in the future Hendo, you were a class act and a very positive influence and key part of the Dale transformation and success. I'll also be gutted to lose him, but it isn't the end of the world or the end of RAFC.

I am still at a loss that some fans get all antsy at these past and potential player moves and our business model. The wheels have fallen off so many times when a player leaves according to some and we finished last season with our highest ever league place. Based on the evidence so far, what we are doing works. It's also much more robust than the fantasy football they are playing up the A58!

I think some get antsy because:

1. Other clubs of our level sell their best players for 1 million plus. We have sold a long list of players of varying ages, many of whom went to or arrived in the premier league, none of which were for anything near 1 million.

2. We tend to sell at the most inopportune time - just before deadlines - which severely limits opportunities for replacements to be found.

3. We have a tendency to sell to our immediate rivals ( Le Fondre, Done) - if the players were that good (and given what most have them have gone to achieve, they were that good) surely other teams were interested and we could have held out for equal or better offers from other non rival clubs.

4. We tend to let the player decide if he wants to g in response to an offer and dont stand in his way , without seeking out the best offer for the club. No player can be expected to have the best interests of Rochdale football club in mind . . so why is it left to him. The directors have a duty to look after the best interests of Rochdale football club - that is not the same as letting the player (or shall we say his agent) decide .

5, In the long term this can affect recruitment because players interested in team success over a sustained period might be less attracted to Rochdale simply because they know as soon as success appears to be a prospect the risk of losing team mates and disrupting the chances of success might be higher than at other clubs

6. We tend to use little if any of the money received on replacements.
The latest from Barnsley on 16:59 - Jul 30 with 5083 views1mark1

The latest from Barnsley on 16:40 - Jul 30 by pioneer

1. Other clubs of our level sell their best players for 1 million plus. We have sold a long list of players of varying ages, many of whom went to or arrived in the premier league, none of which were for anything near 1 million.

2. We tend to sell at the most inopportune time - just before deadlines - which severely limits opportunities for replacements to be found.

3. We have a tendency to sell to our immediate rivals ( Le Fondre, Done) - if the players were that good (and given what most have them have gone to achieve, they were that good) surely other teams were interested and we could have held out for equal or better offers from other non rival clubs.

4. We tend to let the player decide if he wants to g in response to an offer and dont stand in his way , without seeking out the best offer for the club. No player can be expected to have the best interests of Rochdale football club in mind . . so why is it left to him. The directors have a duty to look after the best interests of Rochdale football club - that is not the same as letting the player (or shall we say his agent) decide .

5, In the long term this can affect recruitment because players interested in team success over a sustained period might be less attracted to Rochdale simply because they know as soon as success appears to be a prospect the risk of losing team mates and disrupting the chances of success might be higher than at other clubs

Brilliant post, totally agree.

The only time a player would know (or should know) what an interested club is willing to pay in wages is when the selling club agree to a fee that to their satisfaction, or reached an agreed trigger selling point, and talks are allowed between player and interested club.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

The latest from Barnsley on 17:08 - Jul 30 with 5044 viewsDaleiLama

The latest from Barnsley on 16:40 - Jul 30 by pioneer

I'm not saying I have all the answers, but here are some comments:
1/ Surely the market sets the a players value? If no other club is willing to outbid on our players, then that's the value at that time. The board decides if that value matchers their own valuation and sells if it does.
2/ We sell when we get an offer. Sod's law it is at the end of a window which hurts us most. We have to develop youth players through the ranks so we have replacements in house.
3/ Can't argue with that, but our rivals know our players best. If bigger teams scouted our players and thought they were worth more, they are free to put in offers too. They haven't, so .......
4/ This point has been argued to death. Our business model is to bring young players in, develop them, give them a shop window to showcase their talent and let them go when we get an offer which the board (not the fans) think is good. If you stop players leaving and put a glass ceiling in place, it disincentives the type of youth players we need to attract from coming to Rochdale and the circle is broken. Then you have to rely on gate receipts .......
5/ We achieved our best position in the league and just missed out on a play-off place. Had we finished in the bottom 6, I could understand your point better. We wouldn't need to improve much over last season to make the play-offs. Isn't that team success?
6/ We aren't big spenders. Broken toys and loanees are often used to plug holes and sometimes young players are blooded early, but making a splash in the transfer market isn't in our psyche or business model.
We are what we are and it's never been so good.
Keep the faith and believe in the sign.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 17:11]

The latest from Barnsley on 17:38 - Jul 30 with 4907 viewsTalkingSutty

The latest from Barnsley on 17:08 - Jul 30 by DaleiLama

1/ Surely the market sets the a players value? If no other club is willing to outbid on our players, then that's the value at that time. The board decides if that value matchers their own valuation and sells if it does.
2/ We sell when we get an offer. Sod's law it is at the end of a window which hurts us most. We have to develop youth players through the ranks so we have replacements in house.
3/ Can't argue with that, but our rivals know our players best. If bigger teams scouted our players and thought they were worth more, they are free to put in offers too. They haven't, so .......
4/ This point has been argued to death. Our business model is to bring young players in, develop them, give them a shop window to showcase their talent and let them go when we get an offer which the board (not the fans) think is good. If you stop players leaving and put a glass ceiling in place, it disincentives the type of youth players we need to attract from coming to Rochdale and the circle is broken. Then you have to rely on gate receipts .......
5/ We achieved our best position in the league and just missed out on a play-off place. Had we finished in the bottom 6, I could understand your point better. We wouldn't need to improve much over last season to make the play-offs. Isn't that team success?
6/ We aren't big spenders. Broken toys and loanees are often used to plug holes and sometimes young players are blooded early, but making a splash in the transfer market isn't in our psyche or business model.

Good post DL. It's a natural reaction for fans to feel disappointment or even anger when we sell our best players but I reckon probably 80% of Clubs in the country are in the same boat.

It's depressing to see players like Matty Done leave the club but we really don't have much option, our pathetic home attendances are the deciding factor for me. Players want to perform on a big stage, in front of big passionate crowds and at Spotland we can't provide that.

When we visit grounds like Valley Parade and Bramhall Lane etc, it really hits home how poor the town is when it comes to backing its Football Club. We have now reached a stage where Hilly and the team he's assembled seem to have outgrown the actual Football Club, we can't give them what we want. They deserve to be rewarded by running out in front of a large, buzzing, ever growing home support but sadly it's not happening.

Selling our best players is part and parcel of a Dale fans life, the lack of support from the Town determines that. Ownership of the stadium will make the recent sales of players worthwhile, it's about time that particular issue was resolved and the supporters given a bit more information, after all we are helping to fund it.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 17:39]
The latest from Barnsley on 18:13 - Jul 30 with 4757 viewsDaleiLama

The latest from Barnsley on 17:38 - Jul 30 by TalkingSutty

Good post DL. It's a natural reaction for fans to feel disappointment or even anger when we sell our best players but I reckon probably 80% of Clubs in the country are in the same boat.

It's depressing to see players like Matty Done leave the club but we really don't have much option, our pathetic home attendances are the deciding factor for me. Players want to perform on a big stage, in front of big passionate crowds and at Spotland we can't provide that.

When we visit grounds like Valley Parade and Bramhall Lane etc, it really hits home how poor the town is when it comes to backing its Football Club. We have now reached a stage where Hilly and the team he's assembled seem to have outgrown the actual Football Club, we can't give them what we want. They deserve to be rewarded by running out in front of a large, buzzing, ever growing home support but sadly it's not happening.

Selling our best players is part and parcel of a Dale fans life, the lack of support from the Town determines that. Ownership of the stadium will make the recent sales of players worthwhile, it's about time that particular issue was resolved and the supporters given a bit more information, after all we are helping to fund it.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 17:39]

Thanks TS. I do think we are sometimes victims of our locations with so many other clubs in the NW making our catchment area relatively small, but no excuses. Hopefully, as with the on-field product, Frances will make a difference to the marketing of the club and gates will slowly creep up You never know .... another good cup run and we might just continue the recent momentum upwards.

The other factor which comes into selling our best players (or holding them back) is injuries. Look at Hogan and Done. Both have had problems with injuries since they left. Had they been stopped from leaving Dale they may have missed out on moves and we would have missed out on fees had they suffered injuries here. Of course hindsight is an exact science, but it's another consideration in stopping a player leaving. A footballers career is a short one.

It would be great if so many things were different. Rome wasn't built in a day though. If things were going backwards, I could understand the dissent, but improvements are being made. Long may it continue.

Up the Dale.

The latest from Barnsley on 18:37 - Jul 30 with 4669 viewspioneer

The latest from Barnsley on 17:08 - Jul 30 by DaleiLama

In reply

1. So our (best) players are always valued less than those of other teams at our level? Or is it we are not good at selling, always cave in for future add ons (conditional payments) instead of more upfront (unconditional)

2. Again seems very odd that only Rochdale have to sell close to deadline. Chesterfield are currently looking around with 1.3 million in their pocket and time on their hands. Enough time to potential bid for ....Henderson (I know he would not be a direct replacement)

3. You don't have to sell to rivals 9teams directly fighting for the same play off place), if the players are good (and the ones we have sold have tended to be very good) other clubs will be after them. We tend to sell at a very early stage (first sniff of money or should I say add ons). Did Rotherham turn Le Fondre into a better player in the short time he was there, or was he just sold more effectively? So we got some of the profit in an add on - why did we get all of the difference by selling him better?

4. Other clubs have had good youth policies but sold for more and/or to bigger clubs and also progressed to higher divisions

5 And maybe we would have finished higher (play offs) if we had kept Done (oh I forgot . . he would have been so pissed off at not being allowed to play for that mega club Sheff U he would have sulked, stopped scoring goals and ruined his reputation). We could have kept him to seasons end and then sought offers and who knows we might have made the play offs with more money coming in and a bigger fee.

6. And of course under that business model we don't have to worry about crowds so we don't bother marketing - a few quid off a season ticket for those who can afford them and pay early. We are a small club with poor crowds because we do little if anything to stop being a small club with poor crowds. And don't forget - if you want to eat fish and chips while watching the game you've had it . . .we can manage without your admission money thank you! The last time we made a 'splash' in the transfer market we got......o'Grady. I am not sure many people would complain about that particular transaction.

We seem to always want to say we have no control of the situation, our hands are tied, we owe it to somebody else - that's not leadership, its not even management . . . because you are not managing situations, simply administering them.
The latest from Barnsley on 18:46 - Jul 30 with 4609 viewsD_Alien

The latest from Barnsley on 18:37 - Jul 30 by pioneer

In reply

1. So our (best) players are always valued less than those of other teams at our level? Or is it we are not good at selling, always cave in for future add ons (conditional payments) instead of more upfront (unconditional)

2. Again seems very odd that only Rochdale have to sell close to deadline. Chesterfield are currently looking around with 1.3 million in their pocket and time on their hands. Enough time to potential bid for ....Henderson (I know he would not be a direct replacement)

3. You don't have to sell to rivals 9teams directly fighting for the same play off place), if the players are good (and the ones we have sold have tended to be very good) other clubs will be after them. We tend to sell at a very early stage (first sniff of money or should I say add ons). Did Rotherham turn Le Fondre into a better player in the short time he was there, or was he just sold more effectively? So we got some of the profit in an add on - why did we get all of the difference by selling him better?

4. Other clubs have had good youth policies but sold for more and/or to bigger clubs and also progressed to higher divisions

5 And maybe we would have finished higher (play offs) if we had kept Done (oh I forgot . . he would have been so pissed off at not being allowed to play for that mega club Sheff U he would have sulked, stopped scoring goals and ruined his reputation). We could have kept him to seasons end and then sought offers and who knows we might have made the play offs with more money coming in and a bigger fee.

6. And of course under that business model we don't have to worry about crowds so we don't bother marketing - a few quid off a season ticket for those who can afford them and pay early. We are a small club with poor crowds because we do little if anything to stop being a small club with poor crowds. And don't forget - if you want to eat fish and chips while watching the game you've had it . . .we can manage without your admission money thank you! The last time we made a 'splash' in the transfer market we got......o'Grady. I am not sure many people would complain about that particular transaction.

We seem to always want to say we have no control of the situation, our hands are tied, we owe it to somebody else - that's not leadership, its not even management . . . because you are not managing situations, simply administering them.

"And of course under that business model we don't have to worry about crowds so we don't bother marketing"

We've recently appointed a new, and so far highly effective, marketing manager

"The last time we made a 'splash' in the transfer market we got......o'Grady"

But we'd had him on loan for a while and knew exactly what we were getting. Are you suggesting we "splash" £100k+ fees on players just for the sake of stopping fans from feeling a bit peeved?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The latest from Barnsley on 19:14 - Jul 30 with 4498 views442Dale

The latest from Barnsley on 18:37 - Jul 30 by pioneer

In reply

On point 1: hasn't history shown how those add-ons have continued to provide a regular income over the years?. For too long people have obsessed over fees.

Again it's part of how we operate and it's been proven to be successful.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024