Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hendo & his potential replacement if he leaves 12:43 - Jul 30 with 5026 viewsRoChDaLe

I'f i am correct on the way it all works with transfers before a bid is officially made there is contact between both clubs as to whether the player is available for transfer no? So due to the fact Barnsley have bid at least once if not twice as is rumoured then it suggests that Rochdale are saying hendo is sellable... Looking bad to me.

replacement: Windass at Accrington had a strong season last year and i've heard about him a few times and after seeing him on tuesday i can see why he's building up a reputation. Cheeky bid using the money from Done and hendo sale and hopefully we could sign him, could be aiming higher than us though.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 14:26]

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Hendo on 12:46 - Jul 30 with 4997 viewsdingdangblue

Everyone is sellable?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hendo on 12:47 - Jul 30 with 4984 viewsKenBoon

1) Club interested in Player.
2) Club tell fans who tweet about it.
3) A fan tweets about it like they're "in the know".
4) Club speak to local journalist.
5) Sky Sports Understands...
6) Sold.
Hendo on 12:49 - Jul 30 with 4953 viewsYorkshire_Dale

No.......there is little "etiquette" going on between Clubs.........Barnsley will know that Hendo is on a year contract and not signed an extension (Dale keen to retain the lad have offered better terms!) so the bid is hostile........why would we sell our best asset,no sense!
Hendo on 13:21 - Jul 30 with 4800 viewsTVOS1907

Good effort.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Hendo on 13:23 - Jul 30 with 4786 viewsTalkingSutty

Hendo on 12:49 - Jul 30 by Yorkshire_Dale

No.......there is little "etiquette" going on between Clubs.........Barnsley will know that Hendo is on a year contract and not signed an extension (Dale keen to retain the lad have offered better terms!) so the bid is hostile........why would we sell our best asset,no sense!

I dont understand the discussions. Hilly stated that one of the conditions of players signing for our club is that we wont stand in their way if they want to move on. Fans cant just expect the goal posts to be moved. If the moneys right Hendersons gone and all the garbage talk about his off field business keeping him at Dale is just that, rubbish.

If we have such a low opinion of ouselves as a club then players will move on. Players sign for Rochdale because we make them the best offer or because they want to work for Hilly. We are a league one club now so joining Rochdale isnt exactly scraping the barrel. I dont buy into this idea that players are doing us a favour by signing for us, it just belittles the club. The players are not doing the club a favour everybody including the manager are well rewarded by the club.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 13:27]
Hendo on 13:29 - Jul 30 with 4753 viewsfitzochris

Hendo on 13:23 - Jul 30 by TalkingSutty

I dont understand the discussions. Hilly stated that one of the conditions of players signing for our club is that we wont stand in their way if they want to move on. Fans cant just expect the goal posts to be moved. If the moneys right Hendersons gone and all the garbage talk about his off field business keeping him at Dale is just that, rubbish.

If we have such a low opinion of ouselves as a club then players will move on. Players sign for Rochdale because we make them the best offer or because they want to work for Hilly. We are a league one club now so joining Rochdale isnt exactly scraping the barrel. I dont buy into this idea that players are doing us a favour by signing for us, it just belittles the club. The players are not doing the club a favour everybody including the manager are well rewarded by the club.

I know what you're saying and, yes, we are in League One now, but we still pay League Two wages. To get the quality of player we want, we need to incentivise them with such conditions as the 'we won't stand in your way should a bigger and better offer come along'.

It's not belittling the club so much as creatively living within our means. We are a living and breathing shop window, if you like. We benefit while we have the player.

The downside to the approach is when we lose players at stages in the season such as this. Unless we have another player of a similar type ready to take the platform, we can suffer on the pitch in the short term.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hendo on 13:36 - Jul 30 with 4720 viewsdingdangblue

Hendo on 13:23 - Jul 30 by TalkingSutty

It doesn't mean we will accept ANY offer though. As far as I'm aware both Hogan and Done were sold because they were GREAT deals for both player and Rochdale Fc.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Hendo on 13:50 - Jul 30 with 4659 views1mark1

Hendo on 13:36 - Jul 30 by dingdangblue

It doesn't mean we will accept ANY offer though. As far as I'm aware both Hogan and Done were sold because they were GREAT deals for both player and Rochdale Fc.

Was the Done deal, a good deal though? Due to the fact we don't know what the deal was we simply can't as Dale fans have an opinion whether it was or not. If we got £750,000 total guaranteed for Done, then that would have been a fair deal, in my opinion. Any less then in my opinion would have been too cheap.

A good deal for me personally for Hendo would be at least £500,000. That is what it would take for me to sell, unless we needed the money. I understand the "market value" would be less than that, but it is what he is worth to the team, he is that influential to our success.

We do NOT have to let Barnsley or any other club speak to our players unless we agree a transfer fee, while they are contracted to us, if Barnsley want him then they can offer a fee acceptable to Dale.

PS why is there yet another thread about Hendo?
[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 13:51]

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Login to get fewer ads

Hendo on 14:16 - Jul 30 with 4565 viewsRoChDaLe

The Done deal wasn't great for Rochdale

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Hendo on 14:40 - Jul 30 with 4457 viewsnordenblue

Explain how Dones transfer was a GREAT deal for Rochdale?
Hendo on 14:51 - Jul 30 with 4423 viewsTalkingSutty

Hendo on 13:29 - Jul 30 by fitzochris

I know what you're saying and, yes, we are in League One now, but we still pay League Two wages. To get the quality of player we want, we need to incentivise them with such conditions as the 'we won't stand in your way should a bigger and better offer come along'.

It's not belittling the club so much as creatively living within our means. We are a living and breathing shop window, if you like. We benefit while we have the player.

The downside to the approach is when we lose players at stages in the season such as this. Unless we have another player of a similar type ready to take the platform, we can suffer on the pitch in the short term.

Agree, thats why i dont understand the anger, we know the rules.
Hendo on 15:20 - Jul 30 with 4348 viewsdingdangblue

Hendo on 14:40 - Jul 30 by nordenblue

Explain how Dones transfer was a GREAT deal for Rochdale?

Because Hill said it was a great deal? Got him for nowt sold him for 500k + add ons.

Hendo on 15:36 - Jul 30 with 4286 viewsnordenblue

Hendo on 15:20 - Jul 30 by dingdangblue

Because Hill said it was a great deal? Got him for nowt sold him for 500k + add ons.

If Hilly said today was Sunday would you believe that too?It would be a great deal if it banked him circa 50 grand would you not agree?
Hendo on 19:46 - Jul 30 with 3873 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Hendo on 15:36 - Jul 30 by nordenblue

If Hilly said today was Sunday would you believe that too?It would be a great deal if it banked him circa 50 grand would you not agree?

Can't wait for another undisclosed great deal. Evening fellow mushrooms :)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Hendo on 22:27 - Jul 30 with 3683 viewsdingdangblue

Hendo on 15:36 - Jul 30 by nordenblue

I hope so - Hilly deserves it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024