Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will the town respond? 10:48 - Jul 31 with 3339 viewsisitme

[Post edited 31 Jul 2015 10:53]
Will the town respond? on 10:55 - Jul 31 with 3308 views49thseason

Probably not immediately but if the message is repeated often enough then there must be a chance it will start to sink in. Perhaps the increased admission prices have allowed the marketing manager to have a budget at last.

The trick will be to develop a theme over coming weeks that sells a story to people passing these posters on a regular basis. I wonder at what point their success will be evaluated. I just hope this isn't a short pre-season campaign.
Will the town respond? on 11:02 - Jul 31 with 3278 viewsMoonyDale

It's a good move and long overdue, not sure how effective it will be in the short term but something had to be done....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Will the town respond? on 11:06 - Jul 31 with 3260 viewsKenBoon

Cassy looking spectacular in the Summer Sunshine.
Will the town respond? on 11:20 - Jul 31 with 3210 viewsDaleiLama

Got to start somewhere and this is a start.
They can change strategy if this doesn't bear fruit and also add other ideas to run in parallel .
Kudos to the club for trying. They get enough grief for not doing so.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Will the town respond? on 11:38 - Jul 31 with 3153 viewsaleanddale

Excellent stuff..

Well done the club ( whoever ?? Francis ? )

Long overdue and the effort should be applauded .
Will the town respond? on 11:51 - Jul 31 with 3118 viewsTVOS1907

It's excellent and a big improvement on what's gone before, but these things need time to sink in with the public and develop on a long-term basis.

My only query is that the posters and that radio advert don't tell people they can just turn up and pay on the day. I know we now have online ticketing with all its advantages, but people (especially those without a computer or IT skills) need to know they can still pay at the turnstiles.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Will the town respond? on 11:59 - Jul 31 with 3092 viewsRosun

More importantly, will the chap on Keith Hill's right shoulder be there on the 8th August?
Will the town respond? on 12:03 - Jul 31 with 3072 viewsTomRAFC

It's a start and the posters look cracking. Keep it up and we may just be able to start spreading the word a little more.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Login to get fewer ads

Will the town respond? on 12:40 - Jul 31 with 2993 views1mark1

Will the town respond? on 11:51 - Jul 31 by TVOS1907

It's excellent and a big improvement on what's gone before, but these things need time to sink in with the public and develop on a long-term basis.

My only query is that the posters and that radio advert don't tell people they can just turn up and pay on the day. I know we now have online ticketing with all its advantages, but people (especially those without a computer or IT skills) need to know they can still pay at the turnstiles.

Just what I was think re turning up on the day. Would like Dale to have a 01706 number advertised as well. But good start.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Will the town respond? on 12:54 - Jul 31 with 2950 viewsD_Alien

It's an interesting point about not having "just turn up on the day".

For the vast majority of fixtures, that would apply of course. But there might be the odd one that someone fancies going where it might not apply. I guess the club wouldn't want a potential new fan turning up and finding out it's been made all-ticket?

Neither is it possible to put these finer points on a poster.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Will the town respond? on 12:57 - Jul 31 with 2921 viewsKenBoon

It's 2015. People don't use telephones for actual calls anymore.
My only critique of the poster is, it could have the Facebook & Twitter of the club on there.
Will the town respond? on 13:10 - Jul 31 with 2853 viewsTVOS1907

Will the town respond? on 12:54 - Jul 31 by D_Alien

It's an interesting point about not having "just turn up on the day".

For the vast majority of fixtures, that would apply of course. But there might be the odd one that someone fancies going where it might not apply. I guess the club wouldn't want a potential new fan turning up and finding out it's been made all-ticket?

Neither is it possible to put these finer points on a poster.

It's my understanding there will be a few of these as the season progresses so they can be customised to the relevant fixtures.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Will the town respond? on 13:40 - Jul 31 with 2777 views1mark1

Will the town respond? on 12:57 - Jul 31 by KenBoon

My only critique of the poster is, it could have the Facebook & Twitter of the club on there.

Agree re Facebook and Twitter, disagree re phone calls. I still know many mainly older people who do use the phone a lot, and are not IT savvy. However, maybe the ones who are IT savvy are more likely to respond to the posters than those who are not. Certainly the use of social media is a big area to use.

Will the town respond? on 13:46 - Jul 31 with 2754 viewsChaffRAFC

Will the town respond? on 13:40 - Jul 31 by 1mark1

Agree re Facebook and Twitter, disagree re phone calls. I still know many mainly older people who do use the phone a lot, and are not IT savvy. However, maybe the ones who are IT savvy are more likely to respond to the posters than those who are not. Certainly the use of social media is a big area to use.

I think we are excellent when it comes to social media anyway. The Twitter and Facebook pages are generally very good. our Instagram page is also very good. Only a matter of time before we start posting to Snapchat as well.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Will the town respond? on 13:48 - Jul 31 with 2745 viewsfitzochris

I think this is excellent.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Will the town respond? on 13:53 - Jul 31 with 2722 views1mark1

Will the town respond? on 13:46 - Jul 31 by ChaffRAFC

I think we are excellent when it comes to social media anyway. The Twitter and Facebook pages are generally very good. our Instagram page is also very good. Only a matter of time before we start posting to Snapchat as well.

I agree we have excellent social media pages, but that is for the ones of us in the know, be good to advertise our SM pages to those who are not in the know.

Will the town respond? on 13:57 - Jul 31 with 2710 viewspioneer

Will the town respond? on 13:48 - Jul 31 by fitzochris

I think this is excellent.

Agree - lets hope this is the start of many similar initiatives and that we stick with them and give them chance to work as part of a much broader strategy to engage with the town.
Will the town respond? on 14:21 - Jul 31 with 2636 viewsoff2div1

Hate to be negative but worried Buckets or Rotherfield Unknighted
will deface sign soon with this over a certain player.

Will the town respond? on 14:40 - Jul 31 with 2569 viewsDaleiLama

Will the town respond? on 14:21 - Jul 31 by off2div1

Hate to be negative but worried Buckets or Rotherfield Unknighted
will deface sign soon with this over a certain player.

Maybe worth a pre-emptive strike?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/28052168@N06/3484740996

[Post edited 31 Jul 2015 14:46]

Will the town respond? on 14:46 - Jul 31 with 2542 viewsDaleiLama

Will the town respond? on 14:40 - Jul 31 by DaleiLama

Maybe worth a pre-emptive strike?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/28052168@N06/3484740996

[Post edited 31 Jul 2015 14:46]

Looks like I can't post an image!

Will the town respond? on 17:45 - Jul 31 with 2311 viewsfunkkk

Unfortunately I think the price has reached a point where the couple of games a season fan might be put off, more reason to advertise pay on the door!
Will the town respond? on 19:15 - Jul 31 with 2207 viewsRosun

Will the town respond? on 12:57 - Jul 31 by KenBoon

Maybe a QR code on there somewhere too.
Will the town respond? on 19:55 - Jul 31 with 2142 viewsDalenet

It is an awareness campaign targeted at passing traffic. It is not a direct response advertisement. Twitter, instagram, facebook, telephone numbers aren't needed. This is an advert that will be read for a couple of seconds at best.

Other online media should be used to support the campaign and encourage interactive response. But bus stop style posters won't do that

Good to see this as a start of a concerted marketing effort
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024