Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
400k - Barnsley bid 18:32 - Aug 2 with 11641 viewsred1289

Barnsley fan in peace.

We have reportedly made a bid of £400k for a league one striker. Some fans on our blog are suggesting that is Paddy Madden of Scunny. Just wondered what your thoughts were on this amount of money being offered for Henderson: is it realistic baring in mind he is entering the last year of his contract and he is 29?
Granted good players cost money.

Also, what do you think Hill has up his sleeve in terms of recruitment? I see he is looking for a few 'bargain shrewd buys' - he is the master of this!

Final one what are your thoughts on RNL?

Thanks
400k - Barnsley bid on 18:47 - Aug 2 with 7968 viewsisitme

There is a player in RNL and he has shown glimpses at times of quality. His challenge is consistency. Often he has looked disinterested and lethargic.

Saying that yesterday was in my opinion his best performance for us. This season is make or break. If he can get it together mentally he could be an important player, if not non league becons for him.

If we are offered 400k for Henderson the chairman will drive him to Oakwell. With our crowds we cannot afford to turn that sort of money down.

Hill is playing the waiting game. He wants two/three players but for the calibre of player required to strengthen the squad he will have to wait for them to become available/adjust their wage demands. I suspect he will want a defensive midfielder, maybe a goalkeeper and perhaps a centre forward?
[Post edited 2 Aug 2015 18:49]
400k - Barnsley bid on 18:50 - Aug 2 with 7939 viewsBrierls

If you've bid £400K for Hendo then it will have been accepted.

RNL has 'something'. I just wish we'd see it more often. He still looks overweight, but I think a lot of that is due to his languid running style and build. I think he has lost a bit of weight since the end of last season, but that may be down to the different shade of blue! He's worked pretty hard in the pre-season games, which isn't something I saw last season, so perhaps he'll get more game time. When he does play, I think it's going to be centrally rather than out wide (he certainly offers more 'width' then anybody else in the squad). I doubt he'll be in the starting XI come Saturday.
400k - Barnsley bid on 18:54 - Aug 2 with 7822 viewsred1289

400k - Barnsley bid on 18:47 - Aug 2 by isitme

There is a player in RNL and he has shown glimpses at times of quality. His challenge is consistency. Often he has looked disinterested and lethargic.

Saying that yesterday was in my opinion his best performance for us. This season is make or break. If he can get it together mentally he could be an important player, if not non league becons for him.

If we are offered 400k for Henderson the chairman will drive him to Oakwell. With our crowds we cannot afford to turn that sort of money down.

Hill is playing the waiting game. He wants two/three players but for the calibre of player required to strengthen the squad he will have to wait for them to become available/adjust their wage demands. I suspect he will want a defensive midfielder, maybe a goalkeeper and perhaps a centre forward?

Thank you for your response.

That's exactly the opinion I (and a lot of other Barnsley fans no doubt) had of RNL. Definite ability but as you say consistency is the key - suppose regular game time in a choice position will bring that out.

How highly is Henderson rated amongst the Rochdale faithful?

He has pulled out a number of good signings at the latter end of the transfer window hasn't he. Barnsley fans will disagree but Kennedy and Dawson for this level were very good free signings!
Never seizes to amaze me how he can turn a players fortunes round - Calvin Andrew in more recent times. I'm basing that on his goal contributions last season.
400k - Barnsley bid on 18:57 - Aug 2 with 7802 viewsred1289

400k - Barnsley bid on 18:50 - Aug 2 by Brierls

If you've bid £400K for Hendo then it will have been accepted.

RNL has 'something'. I just wish we'd see it more often. He still looks overweight, but I think a lot of that is due to his languid running style and build. I think he has lost a bit of weight since the end of last season, but that may be down to the different shade of blue! He's worked pretty hard in the pre-season games, which isn't something I saw last season, so perhaps he'll get more game time. When he does play, I think it's going to be centrally rather than out wide (he certainly offers more 'width' then anybody else in the squad). I doubt he'll be in the starting XI come Saturday.

Only time will tell with that one then mate. From what I have heard about him I'm sure he would compliment what we have in our squad - key thing is his experience too.

if any one can pull it out of him its Hill. He once said (when we were playing Blackpool) that he has ability to match Thomas Ince but he could easily find himself in non-league. Hope he kicks on for you this season.
400k - Barnsley bid on 18:57 - Aug 2 with 7799 viewsisitme

400k - Barnsley bid on 18:54 - Aug 2 by red1289

Thank you for your response.

That's exactly the opinion I (and a lot of other Barnsley fans no doubt) had of RNL. Definite ability but as you say consistency is the key - suppose regular game time in a choice position will bring that out.

How highly is Henderson rated amongst the Rochdale faithful?

He has pulled out a number of good signings at the latter end of the transfer window hasn't he. Barnsley fans will disagree but Kennedy and Dawson for this level were very good free signings!
Never seizes to amaze me how he can turn a players fortunes round - Calvin Andrew in more recent times. I'm basing that on his goal contributions last season.

Henderson is arguably our most important player. Very skillfull and our major goal threat. He also seems to hit the woodwork every game.
400k - Barnsley bid on 19:45 - Aug 2 with 7532 viewsTalkingSutty

400k - Barnsley bid on 18:57 - Aug 2 by isitme

Henderson is arguably our most important player. Very skillfull and our major goal threat. He also seems to hit the woodwork every game.

Henderson would improve an already good team, so could easily be the difference between getting in to the play offs or automatic promotion even. A class footballer at this level and 400K gets you intelligence, creativity and a lot of goals. If he was 5 years younger you would be talking a 7 figure fee plus add-on (obviously).
400k - Barnsley bid on 20:36 - Aug 2 with 7336 viewsred1289

400k - Barnsley bid on 19:45 - Aug 2 by TalkingSutty

Henderson would improve an already good team, so could easily be the difference between getting in to the play offs or automatic promotion even. A class footballer at this level and 400K gets you intelligence, creativity and a lot of goals. If he was 5 years younger you would be talking a 7 figure fee plus add-on (obviously).

His career prior to joining Colchester / Rochdale makes interesting reading. Seems to have drifted around for a while.
400k - Barnsley bid on 20:46 - Aug 2 with 7293 viewsYorkshire_Dale

400k - Barnsley bid on 20:36 - Aug 2 by red1289

His career prior to joining Colchester / Rochdale makes interesting reading. Seems to have drifted around for a while.

Wrong there redFred!

Hendo knows exactly what he is doing and has other non-footie interest.

He moves on when HE thinks he needs to!

Where's Whitey btw.....he keeps us Oakwell updated,not you >>>>>>>Just kidding welcome lad!
Login to get fewer ads

400k - Barnsley bid on 21:00 - Aug 2 with 7233 viewsTVOS1907

400k - Barnsley bid on 20:46 - Aug 2 by Yorkshire_Dale

Wrong there redFred!

Where's Whitey btw.....he keeps us Oakwell updated,not you >>>>>>>Just kidding welcome lad!

He moved from Colchester as his missus had got a job at Manchester United, so it made sense for them to release him from his contract so he could find a club in the north.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

400k - Barnsley bid on 21:03 - Aug 2 with 7207 viewsPDIDDY

Maybe Leon clarke

Gissa job

400k - Barnsley bid on 21:09 - Aug 2 with 7171 views442Dale

400k - Barnsley bid on 21:03 - Aug 2 by PDIDDY

Maybe Leon clarke

What's the feeling over your way about Village sponsoring Blackpool too? The Seasiders don't mention anything about it being the largest shirt sponsorship in their history though.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

400k - Barnsley bid on 21:30 - Aug 2 with 7092 viewsred1289

400k - Barnsley bid on 20:46 - Aug 2 by Yorkshire_Dale

Wrong there redFred!

I've seen his Herbal Life instagram pictures ;) Fair play to him if he can combine football with that.

Thank you for being welcoming too. Always good to talk to other fans!
Not sure where Whitey is - I always enjoy reading his posts on the Barnsley forum.
400k - Barnsley bid on 21:34 - Aug 2 with 7067 viewsred1289

400k - Barnsley bid on 21:00 - Aug 2 by TVOS1907

He moved from Colchester as his missus had got a job at Manchester United, so it made sense for them to release him from his contract so he could find a club in the north.

Thanks for sharing that mate - what a piece of business it turned out to be too. Looks / sounds like he has been a revelation since joining you.
400k - Barnsley bid on 21:38 - Aug 2 with 7046 viewsoff2div1

400k - Barnsley bid on 21:09 - Aug 2 by 442Dale

What's the feeling over your way about Village sponsoring Blackpool too? The Seasiders don't mention anything about it being the largest shirt sponsorship in their history though.

Village People.

400k - Barnsley bid on 22:23 - Aug 2 with 6877 viewsstuartcryer

400k - Barnsley bid on 18:47 - Aug 2 by isitme

Totally agree

wardle blue

400k - Barnsley bid on 07:26 - Aug 3 with 6507 viewsPDIDDY

400k - Barnsley bid on 21:09 - Aug 2 by 442Dale

Why would it bother anyone that village are sponsoring another team? The fact That blackpoll have been premier league recently is a big clue that it won't be their biggest shirt deal ever.

Gissa job

400k - Barnsley bid on 08:47 - Aug 3 with 6351 viewsBigKindo

400k - Barnsley bid on 18:57 - Aug 2 by isitme

.... and last Saturday he hit both posts and it only took one shot.
400k - Barnsley bid on 12:49 - Aug 3 with 5927 viewsNewbury_Dale

Barnsley don't have 400k to spend though ?
400k - Barnsley bid on 13:38 - Aug 3 with 5759 viewsDaleiLama

400k - Barnsley bid on 08:47 - Aug 3 by BigKindo

.... and last Saturday he hit both posts and it only took one shot.

According to Twitter, both posts and the goalies head ...... looking forward to seeing how that is even possible ...... Hendo surpassed even his own legend!!!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

400k - Barnsley bid on 13:40 - Aug 3 with 5745 viewsisitme

His shot hit the inside of one post, rolled along the line and hit the inside of the other post. The defender then cleared it which hit their keeper and went over the bar. I still cannot work out how it did not go in!
400k - Barnsley bid on 13:45 - Aug 3 with 5703 viewsDaleiLama

400k - Barnsley bid on 13:40 - Aug 3 by isitme

His shot hit the inside of one post, rolled along the line and hit the inside of the other post. The defender then cleared it which hit their keeper and went over the bar. I still cannot work out how it did not go in!

Who were we playing - Milton Keystone Cops?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

400k - Barnsley bid on 14:26 - Aug 3 with 5592 viewsWhiteyBFC

400k - Barnsley bid on 12:49 - Aug 3 by Newbury_Dale

Barnsley don't have 400k to spend though ?

Our owner does, and then some.
400k - Barnsley bid on 14:42 - Aug 3 with 5524 viewsBrierls

400k - Barnsley bid on 14:26 - Aug 3 by WhiteyBFC

Our owner does, and then some.

And a big windfall from the inevitable Stones sale?
400k - Barnsley bid on 15:02 - Aug 3 with 5452 viewsleonardrafc

400k - Barnsley bid on 10:56 - Aug 5 with 4727 viewsdingdangblue

Apparently Barnsley signing Izale McCleod today so hopefully thats the end of their interest in Hendo.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024