Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackpool game switched? 18:22 - Aug 3 with 5278 viewstangerine77

Top end of the pitch is f*****d after the Neil Diamond concert. It is being relayed, doubt 11 days will be enough time for it to take properly.

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/blackpool-fc/pool-latest/blackpool-s-pit

[Post edited 3 Aug 2015 18:25]
Blackpool game switched? on 18:33 - Aug 3 with 5211 views442Dale

Can't be as bad as Rotherham at Don Valley in 2009 a couple of days after U2:

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Blackpool game switched? on 18:38 - Aug 3 with 5166 viewstangerine77

Blimey, we have no grass at alll though.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2015 18:40]
Blackpool game switched? on 19:47 - Aug 3 with 4897 viewsfermin

Blackpool game switched? on 18:38 - Aug 3 by tangerine77

Blimey, we have no grass at alll though.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2015 18:40]

True, but I presume you don't have glass and nails on the pitch either, as Rotherham did. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rochdale/8217757.stm
Blackpool game switched? on 20:22 - Aug 3 with 4759 viewsBartRowou

It looks better than it did against Forest last season.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Blackpool game switched? on 21:14 - Aug 3 with 4565 viewsYouTubeDale

I think the game should be played at the Fleetwood ground as they are away at Oldham. The pitch won't do use any favours as we play better on good surfaces. There is also an increased risk of injury. The club should complain immediately.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Blackpool game switched? on 09:19 - Aug 4 with 4102 viewsBarryStrange

Blackpool game switched? on 21:14 - Aug 3 by YouTubeDale

I think the game should be played at the Fleetwood ground as they are away at Oldham. The pitch won't do use any favours as we play better on good surfaces. There is also an increased risk of injury. The club should complain immediately.

I realise there would be Police implications, but if Blackpool's ground isn't going to be fit for the first day of the season (which is unacceptable, it really is), couldn't you switch the two games round and have your home game first? We did that with Preston once when building their new stand overran if memory serves.

Of course Dale should then be compensated for sorting out a mess that wasn't yours in making it.
Blackpool game switched? on 10:03 - Aug 4 with 3992 viewsdingdangblue

Blackpool game switched? on 09:19 - Aug 4 by BarryStrange

I realise there would be Police implications, but if Blackpool's ground isn't going to be fit for the first day of the season (which is unacceptable, it really is), couldn't you switch the two games round and have your home game first? We did that with Preston once when building their new stand overran if memory serves.

Of course Dale should then be compensated for sorting out a mess that wasn't yours in making it.

Its not 1st game, its a week on Saturday. As long as the pitch has now been relayed it should be alright by then.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3184195/Blackpool-rush-pitch-r
[Post edited 4 Aug 2015 10:06]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Blackpool game switched? on 11:01 - Aug 4 with 3862 viewsflyerdale

If they have just returfed it this week it won't be anywhere near ready to play on in 11 days. It will still be very loose, therefore quite dangerous to play on. If I were Hill I'd be looking into the complications this may bring our players and voicing any concerns with the relevant authorities.
Login to get fewer ads

Blackpool game switched? on 11:11 - Aug 4 with 3829 viewsMoonyDale

It takes at least 4 weeks for newly laid turf to establish, no way will it be playable in 11 days....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Blackpool game switched? on 13:13 - Aug 4 with 3602 viewsKenBoon

Eleven days is long enough for it to be playable. I think other clubs have re-turfed on a Monday and played on the Saturday. It'll need a fair whack of sunshine though, which, looking at the heavy clouds outside, it isn't getting right now.
Blackpool game switched? on 16:16 - Aug 4 with 3377 viewsflyerdale

Blackpool game switched? on 13:13 - Aug 4 by KenBoon

Eleven days is long enough for it to be playable. I think other clubs have re-turfed on a Monday and played on the Saturday. It'll need a fair whack of sunshine though, which, looking at the heavy clouds outside, it isn't getting right now.

Even if it gets blazing sunshine on it for the next 11 days it will still cut up very heavily leading to a very high risk of injuries to players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024