Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Injured supporter 14:42 - Aug 24 with 9215 viewsDySporting

Leighanne is trying to trace the supporter who went to hospital with a suspected broken wrist/arm after being hit by a stray shot in the warm up. It was a gent wearing a red top, sitting with 3/4 others
Injured supporter on 14:50 - Aug 24 with 5740 viewsChaffRAFC

She says they've found him.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Injured supporter on 15:07 - Aug 24 with 5692 viewsDale23years

Injured supporter on 14:50 - Aug 24 by ChaffRAFC

She says they've found him.

think the trust/club should look into how 3 kids got left in Blackpool by the official coach. IF TRUE TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Injured supporter on 16:26 - Aug 24 with 5389 viewsisitme

Injured supporter on 15:07 - Aug 24 by Dale23years

think the trust/club should look into how 3 kids got left in Blackpool by the official coach. IF TRUE TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL

The official coach is not the best organised. No one checks for tickets, which means that anyone could get on it without having booked a seat. No register is taken to see if everyone is on.

On the way back from Blackpool the coach looked full and no one said a word when it set off at about 17.10. Someone must have noticed that people had not got on if there were spare seats near them?
Injured supporter on 17:01 - Aug 24 with 5184 viewsDale23years

Injured supporter on 16:26 - Aug 24 by isitme

The official coach is not the best organised. No one checks for tickets, which means that anyone could get on it without having booked a seat. No register is taken to see if everyone is on.

On the way back from Blackpool the coach looked full and no one said a word when it set off at about 17.10. Someone must have noticed that people had not got on if there were spare seats near them?

so is that acceptable then to leave kids stranded in Blackpool and have then have the nerve to deleted the post which it was tagged on to.

Are the trust / club gonna look in to this so it never happens again that 1 family less that are coming to Rochdale thanks to the club

Injured supporter on 17:13 - Aug 24 with 5127 viewsisitme

Injured supporter on 17:01 - Aug 24 by Dale23years

so is that acceptable then to leave kids stranded in Blackpool and have then have the nerve to deleted the post which it was tagged on to.

Are the trust / club gonna look in to this so it never happens again that 1 family less that are coming to Rochdale thanks to the club

I am missing the part where I said it was acceptable to leave kids stranded in Blackpool?

I said the coach was poorly organised and they do not check that who is on it before it sets off. I also said that I am surprised that no one noticed that there were spare seats, which were not spare when the coach set off from Rochdale.

Which part of that condones what has supposedly (by your own words) happened?
Injured supporter on 17:21 - Aug 24 with 5100 viewsDale23years

Injured supporter on 17:13 - Aug 24 by isitme

I am missing the part where I said it was acceptable to leave kids stranded in Blackpool?

I said the coach was poorly organised and they do not check that who is on it before it sets off. I also said that I am surprised that no one noticed that there were spare seats, which were not spare when the coach set off from Rochdale.

Which part of that condones what has supposedly (by your own words) happened?

wasn't a dig at you just don't find acceptable. The trust/club need to sort it instead of deleting the message it very poor and not the way to treat dale fans

Injured supporter on 17:26 - Aug 24 with 5018 viewsisitme

Injured supporter on 17:21 - Aug 24 by Dale23years

wasn't a dig at you just don't find acceptable. The trust/club need to sort it instead of deleting the message it very poor and not the way to treat dale fans

I would agree something needs to be done to prevent this happening again.

Just out of interest what message did they delete and where was this message posted? How come the kids did not get back to the coach by 17:10 when it set off, as it was parked about a two minute walk from the ground?
[Post edited 24 Aug 2015 17:28]
Injured supporter on 17:28 - Aug 24 with 4998 viewsDomDale

Injured supporter on 15:07 - Aug 24 by Dale23years

Not condoning or otherwise but wasn't Blackpool away over a week ago? Have you spoken to the club (assuming these were your kids)?

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Login to get fewer ads

Injured supporter on 17:33 - Aug 24 with 4972 viewsDale23years

Injured supporter on 17:26 - Aug 24 by isitme

I would agree something needs to be done to prevent this happening again.

Just out of interest what message did they delete and where was this message posted? How come the kids did not get back to the coach by 17:10 when it set off, as it was parked about a two minute walk from the ground?
[Post edited 24 Aug 2015 17:28]

the officiallydale message looking for the fan that was injured on Saturday. some guy posted/tagged that he still waiting for apology for the official coach leaving his kids in Blackpool. When check his profile it was all over his profile about the club leaving his kids, their was also a message saying not going again as the club can't even apology

Injured supporter on 17:36 - Aug 24 with 4943 viewsDale23years

Injured supporter on 17:28 - Aug 24 by DomDale

Not condoning or otherwise but wasn't Blackpool away over a week ago? Have you spoken to the club (assuming these were your kids)?

not mine kids or don't even know the guy just seen his message before it was deleted.

Great way to attract fans to spotland

Injured supporter on 18:05 - Aug 24 with 4857 viewsBrighouseDale

Many years ago I went on a university trip to Disneyland Paris. Two or three of my fellow students were late back to the coach, so were left to find their own way back to town (about an hour's drive away).

If the "kids" in question were old enough to attend a football match without adult supervision, I'd imagine they're old enough to get back to the coach in time.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Injured supporter on 19:47 - Aug 24 with 4627 viewsGhanaDale

The kids should have got themselves back to the coach on time, simple as.
It's not the club's job to take care of someone's kids.

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Injured supporter on 20:58 - Aug 24 with 4465 viewspioneer

Obviously none of us know the details of this but some of these comments are a bit beyond the pale.

What if one of the individuals had an accident coming away from the ground and the other was helping. I am sure we can imagine a whole range of unforseen circumstances that might explain this, for which a simple, 'not back on time tuff luck' approach would be inappropriate.

Let those involved understand the details before passing judgement, either way.
Injured supporter on 21:04 - Aug 24 with 4435 viewsBrighouseDale

Injured supporter on 20:58 - Aug 24 by pioneer

Obviously none of us know the details of this but some of these comments are a bit beyond the pale.

What if one of the individuals had an accident coming away from the ground and the other was helping. I am sure we can imagine a whole range of unforseen circumstances that might explain this, for which a simple, 'not back on time tuff luck' approach would be inappropriate.

Let those involved understand the details before passing judgement, either way.

Fair comment, just find it annoying that certain folk always want to blame someone else. I'm sure that the parents of these kids didn't stick em on the coach in Rochdale and leave them to travel to the coast unattended. I'm sure adult(s) were travelling with said kids. If so, why didn't one of them say to the driver "hang on, don't set off, my kids aren't here yet". If the responsible adults were still with the kids, then the club can't be called for leaving kids unattended.

Anyway, whatever happened, it's just frustrating that whatever happens in 2015, it's always someone else's fault.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Injured supporter on 21:55 - Aug 24 with 4308 viewsPDIDDY

I heard he broke all 14 fingers?

Gissa job

Injured supporter on 22:05 - Aug 24 with 4273 viewsBrierls

Injured supporter on 21:55 - Aug 24 by PDIDDY

Injured supporter on 23:38 - Aug 24 with 4137 viewsRosun

5 less than the ones thrown at Flicker @ Crewe
Injured supporter on 00:10 - Aug 25 with 4110 viewsShun

Broken radius.
Injured supporter on 01:08 - Aug 25 with 4071 viewsdingdangblue

No it was his arm - can't you read?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Injured supporter on 07:31 - Aug 25 with 3988 viewsPDIDDY

Injured supporter on 01:08 - Aug 25 by dingdangblue

No it was his arm - can't you read?

I can read, I stated I thought it was his fingers, you know what thought did? Anyhow hope the chap make a speedy recovery

Gissa job

Injured supporter on 09:04 - Aug 25 with 3864 viewsParkinsGimp

Thats disgraceful of the club to leave 3 kids in Blackpool, fortunately I havent been on a coach since our away debarcle at Plymouth that time ...with pan lids on the coach wanting to stop for crisps and pop all the way back...I just wanted to get back and have a drink LOL
Injured supporter on 09:07 - Aug 25 with 3856 viewsdingdangblue

Injured supporter on 09:04 - Aug 25 by ParkinsGimp

Thats disgraceful of the club to leave 3 kids in Blackpool, fortunately I havent been on a coach since our away debarcle at Plymouth that time ...with pan lids on the coach wanting to stop for crisps and pop all the way back...I just wanted to get back and have a drink LOL

How old were these 'kids' ? Why didn't their parent alert the driver?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Injured supporter on 17:09 - Aug 25 with 3581 viewsisitme

Injured supporter on 09:07 - Aug 25 by dingdangblue

How old were these 'kids' ? Why didn't their parent alert the driver?

Supposedly these kids are 17 and are on the coach again tonight. So much for not going to Dale games again!

They have been given free tickets for Saturday's game as compensation. People have been counted on the coaches tonight so lightening shouldn't strike twice.
Injured supporter on 17:38 - Aug 25 with 3532 views49thseason

I don't know if anyone has done a risk assessment on the pre-match shooting practice in front of paying customers in the Sandy Lane end and Pearl Street end. Its almost inevitable someone will get hurt eventually with the possibility of a court case resulting. Some kind of netting arrangement should be considered IMHO.
Maybe something like this would help
http://www.sportstop.com/Bow-Net-Portable-Lacrosse-Backstop-Wall-with-Roller-Bag
Injured supporter on 17:55 - Aug 25 with 3505 viewsSuddenLad

Injured supporter on 17:38 - Aug 25 by 49thseason

I don't know if anyone has done a risk assessment on the pre-match shooting practice in front of paying customers in the Sandy Lane end and Pearl Street end. Its almost inevitable someone will get hurt eventually with the possibility of a court case resulting. Some kind of netting arrangement should be considered IMHO.
Maybe something like this would help
http://www.sportstop.com/Bow-Net-Portable-Lacrosse-Backstop-Wall-with-Roller-Bag

My grandson was whacked directly in the face by a stray shot from Wayne Curtis a few seasons ago. Bit his lip and bled for a while, but no worse than that. This was in the warm-up before the Morecambe match, We were sat fairly well back and he was very distressed as a result. He was 7 years old. He was ultimately none the worse for the experience but will never forget it. I suppose on a different day there may have been a different outcome.

To his credit, Wayne Curtis came to the stand to see how he was as he realised what had happened. A few apologetic words went a long way.

The club were made aware of what had happened but we never heard any more about it. Not even a reply.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024