Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are bury fans so angry all the time? 08:45 - Aug 26 with 16277 viewsaleanddale

They need to take some calming tablets.

Fighting with Flicker last Saturday.

Trying to attack linesman and Leicester players last night over an offside decision FFS.

Are they not #enjoyingtheride anymore??

What a shambles of a club.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 8:45]
Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 16:30 - Aug 26 with 3061 views100notout

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 15:48 - Aug 26 by R11BFC

I think you're letting your bias against us get ahead of you, if you want me to be totally honest.

I go to every home Bury game and a number of away games.

The only trouble i've seen this season is 50 or so Doncaster fans attacking about 10 Bury fans and last night's incident which was a storm in a tea cup really.

They'll be plenty of trouble in Bury town centre come 17th October and it wont just be Bury fans causing it...

"the only trouble I've seen this season ......"

FFS you've only played a handful of games and you've seen "incidents" at 2 of them!!!!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 16:35 - Aug 26 with 3040 viewsR11BFC

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 16:00 - Aug 26 by TVOS1907

'50 or so Doncaster fans attacking about 10 Bury fans'

'a storm in a teacup really'

'They'll be plenty of trouble in Bury town centre come 17th October and it wont just be Bury fans causing it...'

Here we go again. Col's point has been proven.

Have you already forgotten what happened at Crewe?

That's three incidents in six games. Well done.

Point proven! In what way?!

I said what i've seen - i didnt see anything at Crewe! Get it?!

There's always gonna be a bit of aggro at every club...talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. Again, i'm not condoning it...but it happens.

Think you lot need to feast your eyes on this and have a reality check:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/352864

You have one less banning order than us...well done indeed!

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 16:41 - Aug 26 with 3008 viewsR11BFC

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 16:30 - Aug 26 by 100notout

"the only trouble I've seen this season ......"

FFS you've only played a handful of games and you've seen "incidents" at 2 of them!!!!

Yeah and one against Bury...yet we're still the bad boys.

Do you never see any trouble at Dale games or something?

indeed!

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 17:01 - Aug 26 with 2929 views100notout

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 16:41 - Aug 26 by R11BFC

Yeah and one against Bury...yet we're still the bad boys.

Do you never see any trouble at Dale games or something?

indeed!

Ah so it was all Doncasters fault!!! I think I can spot a trend here.

The only "trouble" I've seen in a long time was last season when numpties from Oldham who were sat in the home end kicked off. And before you start saying pot/kettle/black etc with regard to my Doncaster comment, if the Oldham fans were sat in the proper place, I douibt there would have been anywhere near as much trouble then either.

All clubs have their share of idiots - its just that bury seem to have many many more than anyone else.

(Apart from Oldham!)

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 17:02 - Aug 26 with 2929 viewsfrenzied

I think your all being somewhat harsh on the Bury supporters...it can be clearly seen from the video footage that Chelsea fans were yet again responsible for an incident at a game at which they weren't playing
Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 17:02 - Aug 26 with 2929 viewsTVOS1907

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 16:35 - Aug 26 by R11BFC

Point proven! In what way?!

I said what i've seen - i didnt see anything at Crewe! Get it?!

There's always gonna be a bit of aggro at every club...talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. Again, i'm not condoning it...but it happens.

Think you lot need to feast your eyes on this and have a reality check:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/352864

You have one less banning order than us...well done indeed!

Oh dear.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 18:07 - Aug 26 with 2783 viewsDaley_Lama

Trouble at Spotland as above, is very rare of late and the only incident I can remember last season was the Oldham fans in the Dale end, which was according to them all Rochdale's fault.

We used to have an unsavoury yoof pack who used to try to kick off with away fans as they walked towards Spotty bridge and probably other stuff too. 7 (I think) of them got 3 year banning orders and i'm told have either grown up or don't bother with football any more.

The troublesome area last night was the same area where Bury fans were kicking off against us a couple of seasons ago. I guess that top right hand section is where their more energetic element sit (avec drum?) so that they can be close to the away fans and give them grief.

Poll: DF in or out

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 18:22 - Aug 26 with 2744 viewsR11BFC

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 17:01 - Aug 26 by 100notout

Ah so it was all Doncasters fault!!! I think I can spot a trend here.

The only "trouble" I've seen in a long time was last season when numpties from Oldham who were sat in the home end kicked off. And before you start saying pot/kettle/black etc with regard to my Doncaster comment, if the Oldham fans were sat in the proper place, I douibt there would have been anywhere near as much trouble then either.

All clubs have their share of idiots - its just that bury seem to have many many more than anyone else.

(Apart from Oldham!)

That's the thing though, i wouldnt say "pot calling the kettle black"...yes Rochdale fans were fighting with Oldham fans but i just saw it as a thing that happens from time to time in football.

But to say, "Bury seem to have many, many more idiots than anyone else"...is simply not true in my experience. Yes we have our fair share but nothing like Port Vale, Chesterfield, Shrewsbury, Hartlepool, Grimsby, Lincoln, Wrexham, Stockport & Co...and yeah Oldham too!

Last night was bad. But i dont think the 10 Bury lads ambushed by 50 Doncaster lads as i was walking back to my car on an industrial estate were looking for it...but again it happens.

When we play your lot - we seem to be on a par in terms of knuckle draggers. Not saying i'm right but that's my honest perception.

I get the feeling you lot with your 'holier than thou' attitude aint going to agree though...!

Login to get fewer ads

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 18:27 - Aug 26 with 2722 viewsAtThePeake

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 18:22 - Aug 26 by R11BFC

That's the thing though, i wouldnt say "pot calling the kettle black"...yes Rochdale fans were fighting with Oldham fans but i just saw it as a thing that happens from time to time in football.

But to say, "Bury seem to have many, many more idiots than anyone else"...is simply not true in my experience. Yes we have our fair share but nothing like Port Vale, Chesterfield, Shrewsbury, Hartlepool, Grimsby, Lincoln, Wrexham, Stockport & Co...and yeah Oldham too!

Last night was bad. But i dont think the 10 Bury lads ambushed by 50 Doncaster lads as i was walking back to my car on an industrial estate were looking for it...but again it happens.

When we play your lot - we seem to be on a par in terms of knuckle draggers. Not saying i'm right but that's my honest perception.

I get the feeling you lot with your 'holier than thou' attitude aint going to agree though...!

I was about to say re: your comments about the Doncaster game "to be fair, I think it's rare that people get hit at football without looking for it."

But then I remembered that this happened to me a couple of seasons ago at.... Yeap, Gigg Lane!

Tangled up in blue.

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 18:29 - Aug 26 with 2712 viewsaleanddale

There is one big difference....

We 100% do not agree with or like to be associated with this type of aggressive behaviour.

You definitely have a big element who seem to thrive of it.

Maybe your demographic is more late teen aggressive numpties??

Interested in the original OP R11 - why do you think bury fans seem so angry all the time??

Our clubs are similar in size and stature but this happens a lot wherever bury go.

This will almost certainly be bumped Sunday after Your Owdum game. Especially if you don't win!!!
[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 18:39]
Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 18:36 - Aug 26 with 2678 viewsR11BFC

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 18:07 - Aug 26 by Daley_Lama

Trouble at Spotland as above, is very rare of late and the only incident I can remember last season was the Oldham fans in the Dale end, which was according to them all Rochdale's fault.

We used to have an unsavoury yoof pack who used to try to kick off with away fans as they walked towards Spotty bridge and probably other stuff too. 7 (I think) of them got 3 year banning orders and i'm told have either grown up or don't bother with football any more.

The troublesome area last night was the same area where Bury fans were kicking off against us a couple of seasons ago. I guess that top right hand section is where their more energetic element sit (avec drum?) so that they can be close to the away fans and give them grief.

The thing is the only trouble i can really remember inside Gigg in the last year or so is against your lot and last night. Prior to that it was against Oldham who were in our end(!) a couple of years ago.

We've only just gone back to away fans in the Cemmy End...so you may have a point there.

The annoying thing last night was just as it was starting to kick off - 2 coppers walked by for an early brew. Pathetic!

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 19:05 - Aug 26 with 2598 viewsR11BFC

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 18:29 - Aug 26 by aleanddale

There is one big difference....

We 100% do not agree with or like to be associated with this type of aggressive behaviour.

You definitely have a big element who seem to thrive of it.

Maybe your demographic is more late teen aggressive numpties??

Interested in the original OP R11 - why do you think bury fans seem so angry all the time??

Our clubs are similar in size and stature but this happens a lot wherever bury go.

This will almost certainly be bumped Sunday after Your Owdum game. Especially if you don't win!!!
[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 18:39]

I'd just deleted i'm dreading aLE&dALE re-joining this thread!!!

You'll not be surprised i dont agree with much of your post. I dont think we have a big element (as previously mentioned, similar to yours i would guess - a bit more coz we have more support(!) but %age wise very similar).

When you say 100% - it cant be a 100% but i have no doubt it would be the vast majority, just like us. So no difference there then.

I dont think the vast majority of Bury fans are angry (i know i'm not) - you're very good at picking up on the minority not the majority. Hilly has his rants about your lot doesnt he? And i've seen some angry Dale ones roaming the streets of Rochdale and Bury...yet it's just us! Really?!

If you want my honest opinion i think you have delusions of grandeur...you wont agree (and i'll be bailing out soon - i've spent half my fookin' day on this thread!) but again just my honest opinion.

I sometimes see Rochdale as the younger brother who's not achieved much compared to the older brother...maybe that's the reason.

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 19:13 - Aug 26 with 2575 viewsPDIDDY

We'll I'm here, wounded? Only a game, outclassed by Leicester reserves, the trouble was 100+ yards from me!few bans no doubt, anyhow our keeper certainly not up to it and he's eng u21 squad, the futures bright... Not.

Gissa job

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 19:14 - Aug 26 with 2570 viewsD_Alien

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 19:05 - Aug 26 by R11BFC

I'd just deleted i'm dreading aLE&dALE re-joining this thread!!!

You'll not be surprised i dont agree with much of your post. I dont think we have a big element (as previously mentioned, similar to yours i would guess - a bit more coz we have more support(!) but %age wise very similar).

When you say 100% - it cant be a 100% but i have no doubt it would be the vast majority, just like us. So no difference there then.

I dont think the vast majority of Bury fans are angry (i know i'm not) - you're very good at picking up on the minority not the majority. Hilly has his rants about your lot doesnt he? And i've seen some angry Dale ones roaming the streets of Rochdale and Bury...yet it's just us! Really?!

If you want my honest opinion i think you have delusions of grandeur...you wont agree (and i'll be bailing out soon - i've spent half my fookin' day on this thread!) but again just my honest opinion.

I sometimes see Rochdale as the younger brother who's not achieved much compared to the older brother...maybe that's the reason.

Know what R11? You're starting to sound exactly like the Oldham lot that came on here after our home game last season, trying to make out it's six of one and half a dozen of the other.

And we're the last people who need reality checks, we've had a decades-long one and we're pretty clear about things, including the nature of our fans .

What you're failing to see is that trouble is happening at bury games as a matter of routine. That's the difference. With us, it only occurs when visiting fans kick off. Maybe not in the past, but certainly for the last 3 or 4 seasons, visiting Dale and minding your own business will see no trouble whatsoever.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 19:15 - Aug 26 with 2569 viewsR11BFC

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 19:13 - Aug 26 by PDIDDY

We'll I'm here, wounded? Only a game, outclassed by Leicester reserves, the trouble was 100+ yards from me!few bans no doubt, anyhow our keeper certainly not up to it and he's eng u21 squad, the futures bright... Not.

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 19:36 - Aug 26 with 2407 viewsSandyman

"If you want my honest opinion i think you have delusions of grandeur."

Geet arfs. Apart from the obvious nonsense of that statement, irony is clearly not the strong suit of one of the more sensible bury fans!

And fair play to PDIDDY for what he said.
Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 19:50 - Aug 26 with 2370 viewsmightydale

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 19:36 - Aug 26 by Sandyman

Geet arfs. Apart from the obvious nonsense of that statement, irony is clearly not the strong suit of one of the more sensible bury fans!

It's typical bury mongs jumping up and down thinking there all big and hard while being held back by 8 stewards including a woman steward. They are a Fcuking disgrace. Bet they would run a mile if Leicester lads came in to their part of end.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 19:52 - Aug 26 with 2360 viewsR11BFC

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 19:14 - Aug 26 by D_Alien

Know what R11? You're starting to sound exactly like the Oldham lot that came on here after our home game last season, trying to make out it's six of one and half a dozen of the other.

And we're the last people who need reality checks, we've had a decades-long one and we're pretty clear about things, including the nature of our fans .

What you're failing to see is that trouble is happening at bury games as a matter of routine. That's the difference. With us, it only occurs when visiting fans kick off. Maybe not in the past, but certainly for the last 3 or 4 seasons, visiting Dale and minding your own business will see no trouble whatsoever.

Oh no...the ultimate insult - i'm like a BIFFO!

The point you're missing (with respect) is that it's not happening as a matter of routine, yes it's happening on occasions but not as a matter of routine. I went to 30 games last season and cant remember seeing any trouble anywhere.

I'm not saying there wasnt (Carlisle springs to mind) but you're making us out to be like we're some kind of ultimate mob. We're not...trust me. Just a few numbnuts.

If you dont want to believe me fine but i think i know the nature of our fans better than you Daleys.

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 19:55 - Aug 26 with 2354 viewsR11BFC

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 19:36 - Aug 26 by Sandyman

I think there's a compliment in there somewhere...so i'll take that!

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 19:59 - Aug 26 with 2347 viewsTVOS1907

'Last night was bad'

You said it was a 'storm in a teacup' before.

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 19:59 - Aug 26 with 2347 viewsmightydale

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 19:52 - Aug 26 by R11BFC

The point you're missing (with respect) is that it's not happening as a matter of routine, yes it's happening on occasions but not as a matter of routine. I went to 30 games last season and cant remember seeing any trouble anywhere.

I'm not saying there wasnt (Carlisle springs to mind) but you're making us out to be like we're some kind of ultimate mob. We're not...trust me. Just a few numbnuts.

If you dont want to believe me fine but i think i know the nature of our fans better than you Daleys.

Your played 6 games trouble in 3 not a bad ratio. Wonder why got text today of a millwall lad saying please please let them try that when we play them.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 20:03 - Aug 26 with 2316 viewsR11BFC

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 19:59 - Aug 26 by TVOS1907

'Last night was bad'

You said it was a 'storm in a teacup' before.

You can have bad storms in a tea cup!

Bottom line is that a player got sprayed with some water...would have been better if it was tea hey?!

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 20:06 - Aug 26 with 2306 viewsD_Alien

But with respect, your numbnuts are going to games looking to kick off - even if they don't find the opportunity. Which is different from making out your fans overall are any kind of ultimate anything.

btw, most of us are too worldy-wise to either dish out or take much notice of cheap insults. In comparing your posts to the biffos from last year, it was just the element of special pleading that struck me, that's all.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 20:11 - Aug 26 with 2285 viewsTVOS1907

We're not talking about last season.

You have already named two games (Doncaster and Leicester) this season and there was the incident at Crewe, which involved fan disorder, however you want to paint it.

So that's three games out of six (half, 50%), assuming nothing happened v Wigan, Swindon and Fleetwood.

Nobody round here has delusions of grandeur or a "holier than thou" attitude, but the evidence after three weeks of the season isn't looking good for your defence (ironically).

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 20:15 - Aug 26 with 2242 viewsTVOS1907

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 20:03 - Aug 26 by R11BFC

You can have bad storms in a tea cup!

Bottom line is that a player got sprayed with some water...would have been better if it was tea hey?!

No, the bottom line is a Leicester player had to be pulled away from home fans by a team-mate for his own safety and the linesman had to run infield from the touchline for his own safety.

But these are regular occurrences at matches, apparently.

Anyway, I thought you weren't going to post on this thread anymore...
[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 20:17]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024