Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are bury fans so angry all the time? 08:45 - Aug 26 with 16238 viewsaleanddale

They need to take some calming tablets.

Fighting with Flicker last Saturday.

Trying to attack linesman and Leicester players last night over an offside decision FFS.

Are they not #enjoyingtheride anymore??

What a shambles of a club.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 8:45]
Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 20:21 - Aug 26 with 3014 viewsR11BFC

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 20:15 - Aug 26 by TVOS1907

No, the bottom line is a Leicester player had to be pulled away from home fans by a team-mate for his own safety and the linesman had to run infield from the touchline for his own safety.

But these are regular occurrences at matches, apparently.

Anyway, I thought you weren't going to post on this thread anymore...
[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 20:17]

I said soon!

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 20:25 - Aug 26 with 2993 viewsArthurDaley

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 12:50 - Aug 26 by _dezzy

Wait to owdum turn in in there millions on Saturday, If owdum take the lead it could turn very nasty with the south stand chavs.

buRy to run out to this on Saturday.

A large VAT Dave

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 20:37 - Aug 26 with 2929 views_dezzy

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 20:25 - Aug 26 by ArthurDaley

buRy to run out to this on Saturday.

Top tune

KHBA

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 08:44 - Aug 27 with 2619 viewsaleanddale

R11 n Didds

Let's see after Saturday your mob really need to chill out and start enjoying lg1 FFS.

Another example on your board is some poster alluding to trouble at 20/20 finals day between bury and oldham fans at the cricket....

Bizarre comment.... Typical of the mindset of quite a few knuckle dragging shakers!!
[Post edited 27 Aug 2015 8:48]
Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 10:28 - Aug 27 with 2516 viewsTTNYear

It is unfair to tarnish all bury fans and lump them all together with this ugly element that exists.

That said, as a few have already, there seems to be an larger uglier element to bury's support

I am genuinely struggling to think of incidents that have happened in the last 10 years surrounding our games.

The Oldham incident
Some scroats attacking someone on Spotland bridge
A fan having a pee at Hereford, which was more funny than violent.... and yes I'm scrapping the barrel

Where we have a plethora of bury incidents

Leicester
Crewe
The Tom Kennedy thang
Most of the games versus us
and probably more that others can think of.

But lets just take the top three. I would confidently predict that Dale fans wouldn't have ...

1) Reacted to those incidents
2) Created the 'atmosphere' so those incidents would have occurred in the first place

Call it holier than thou if you want, but its less likely to happen whilst following Dale. But R11 if you get some footage of Dale fans chasing a linesman up and down a line after a dodgy decision then please post it up here.... It would amuse me equally as the stuff I've seen on You Tube this week, even if it was our fans

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 10:41 - Aug 27 with 2484 viewsdingdangblue

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 10:28 - Aug 27 by TTNYear

It is unfair to tarnish all bury fans and lump them all together with this ugly element that exists.

That said, as a few have already, there seems to be an larger uglier element to bury's support

I am genuinely struggling to think of incidents that have happened in the last 10 years surrounding our games.

The Oldham incident
A fan having a pee at Hereford, which was more funny than violent.... and yes I'm scrapping the barrel

Leicester
Crewe
The Tom Kennedy thang

But lets just take the top three. I would confidently predict that Dale fans wouldn't have ...

2) Created the 'atmosphere' so those incidents would have occurred in the first place

Call it holier than thou if you want, but its less likely to happen whilst following Dale. But R11 if you get some footage of Dale fans chasing a linesman up and down a line after a dodgy decision then please post it up here.... It would amuse me equally as the stuff I've seen on You Tube this week, even if it was our fans

Not defending them in the slightest - but the design of that stand doesn't help with the large area infront of the seats for scrotes to congregate. Our main stand is generally occupied with a 'different' type of fan and the other touchline is away fans.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 12:06 - Aug 27 with 2380 viewsTVOS1907

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 10:28 - Aug 27 by TTNYear

The Oldham incident

Leicester
Crewe
The Tom Kennedy thang

I do hope 'scrapping' was deliberate.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 12:29 - Aug 27 with 2334 viewsD_BFC

Afternoon. Long time lurker, first time poster etc etc.

I think this is being stretched a little now. Crewe was three fans arguing with Flitcroft. A situation which could easily have been avoided if you think of the proximity of the dugouts at Crewe to the away fans. Flitcroft has had to walk a long way to get involved. I’m not condoning the “supporters” involved for a second but it was 3 out of 782. So about 0.4%. A minority, then.

Doncaster — I parked in an industrial estate and walked back to the car afterwards, did not see a problem and drove home. I’ve been informed by more reliable people that it was Doncaster jumping Bury, and more likely locals than supporters. Something a few Donny fans themselves posted on their forums.

Leicester — It was embarrassing, frankly. Not much more than that. Probably looked worse on TV and not helped by Charlie Nicholas saying the players’ safety was under question. It wasn’t (IMO). We’ve all been to enough games to know when there’s something nasty about to go off and when it’s just silly nonsense. This was the latter (not that I’m condoning it). The Leicester player looked to me more likely to chin a few of the Bury lads (I was quietly egging him on tbh) and it was probably the jumped up teenagers in more danger than him. An embarrassing episode all the same, and one I hope won’t be repeated.

I don’t think the situation is helped by moving the away fans back to the Cemmy End. I think it’s because it’s easier to funnel them out away from home fans after a game, but it encourages all the nonsense inside the ground where the stands join up.

Not going to play the tit-for-tat examples of where each set of fans has done something. We know when the derby comes round there’ll be a load of clowns from both sides. I’ve actually stopped looking forward to these games for this element that it attracts (and partly because we don’t win many of them these days).
Login to get fewer ads

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 12:36 - Aug 27 with 2316 viewsTVOS1907

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 12:29 - Aug 27 by D_BFC

Afternoon. Long time lurker, first time poster etc etc.

I think this is being stretched a little now. Crewe was three fans arguing with Flitcroft. A situation which could easily have been avoided if you think of the proximity of the dugouts at Crewe to the away fans. Flitcroft has had to walk a long way to get involved. I’m not condoning the “supporters” involved for a second but it was 3 out of 782. So about 0.4%. A minority, then.

Doncaster — I parked in an industrial estate and walked back to the car afterwards, did not see a problem and drove home. I’ve been informed by more reliable people that it was Doncaster jumping Bury, and more likely locals than supporters. Something a few Donny fans themselves posted on their forums.

Leicester — It was embarrassing, frankly. Not much more than that. Probably looked worse on TV and not helped by Charlie Nicholas saying the players’ safety was under question. It wasn’t (IMO). We’ve all been to enough games to know when there’s something nasty about to go off and when it’s just silly nonsense. This was the latter (not that I’m condoning it). The Leicester player looked to me more likely to chin a few of the Bury lads (I was quietly egging him on tbh) and it was probably the jumped up teenagers in more danger than him. An embarrassing episode all the same, and one I hope won’t be repeated.

I don’t think the situation is helped by moving the away fans back to the Cemmy End. I think it’s because it’s easier to funnel them out away from home fans after a game, but it encourages all the nonsense inside the ground where the stands join up.

Not going to play the tit-for-tat examples of where each set of fans has done something. We know when the derby comes round there’ll be a load of clowns from both sides. I’ve actually stopped looking forward to these games for this element that it attracts (and partly because we don’t win many of them these days).

So just what Col predicted then.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 13:09 - Aug 27 with 2251 viewsD_BFC

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 12:36 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

So just what Col predicted then.

What? That we'd blame anyone but ourselves?

Not condoning Crewe, just saying it was avoidable. Said I saw nothing at Doncaster and passing on what I've heard from others. If I'd been told it was Bury I'd have said.

Definately not blaming anyone else but the little sh!ts for the Leicester incident but just saying in my view no-one on the playing field was in "danger". I said two or threee times in my post that the whole episode was an embarrassment.

Not blaming the lino (I think the still images are deceptive. I sit in line and thought Nathan Cameron may have just played him on. His own appeal is the most tentative). Anyone who gets that upset over perceived dodgy decisions probably shouldn't bother going to games.
Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 13:15 - Aug 27 with 2238 viewsTVOS1907

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 13:09 - Aug 27 by D_BFC

Not condoning Crewe, just saying it was avoidable. Said I saw nothing at Doncaster and passing on what I've heard from others. If I'd been told it was Bury I'd have said.

Definately not blaming anyone else but the little sh!ts for the Leicester incident but just saying in my view no-one on the playing field was in "danger". I said two or threee times in my post that the whole episode was an embarrassment.

Not blaming the lino (I think the still images are deceptive. I sit in line and thought Nathan Cameron may have just played him on. His own appeal is the most tentative). Anyone who gets that upset over perceived dodgy decisions probably shouldn't bother going to games.

I'd agree with your last sentence.

However, I'd also say every incident you've mentioned was 'avoidable'.

Re. Doncaster, for what reason would some fans/locals decide to attack bury fans? Three of us walked from the station to the ground there last April and found the locals nothing but friendly, so why is it different four months later.

What are you not blaming the lino for? I'd wager most of those knuckle-draggers don't even know the offside law, if they were even watching in the first place.

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 14:24 - Aug 27 with 2133 viewsD_BFC

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 13:15 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

I'd agree with your last sentence.

However, I'd also say every incident you've mentioned was 'avoidable'.

Re. Doncaster, for what reason would some fans/locals decide to attack bury fans? Three of us walked from the station to the ground there last April and found the locals nothing but friendly, so why is it different four months later.

What are you not blaming the lino for? I'd wager most of those knuckle-draggers don't even know the offside law, if they were even watching in the first place.

I think one of Col's bullet points mentioned the lino, so I thought I'd just mention him (needless in hindsight).

Your guess is as good as mine about Doncaster, I walked to and from the car with no sign of any bother. Just saying what I'd heard - granted the Bury fans aren't all going to be objective about it but some Doncaster posters also suggested Bury were on the wrong end this time. I probably should've left that one off as I was just commenting on heresay.

The problem the club have got is that incidents like Doncaster (where no-one seems to really know) are automatically assumed to be instigated by Bury because of the other things on our charge sheet. Incidents like on Tuesday do us no favours on that front. So even me and old R11BFC are now tagged as knuckle draggers.

Anyway, not a lot more to be said on this. Two decent games with decent crowds for us on paper this weekend, hopefully there'll only be a need for football chat after it.
Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 14:24 - Aug 27 with 2133 viewsaleanddale

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 13:09 - Aug 27 by D_BFC

Fair enough!!

I agree also with your last sentence..

I think there is a " high" likelihood of more trouble on Saturday. Especially if you get beat.

So can bury fans not accept a defeat ( you should be used to it - like we are )

And why are bury fans so angry all the time??

Also there seems to be an undercurrent of bury fans who actually enjoy the knuckle dragging more than most.

Saturday could be 4 incidents in 7 games FFS!!!
[Post edited 27 Aug 2015 14:55]
Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 14:31 - Aug 27 with 2114 viewsTVOS1907

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 14:24 - Aug 27 by D_BFC

I think one of Col's bullet points mentioned the lino, so I thought I'd just mention him (needless in hindsight).

Your guess is as good as mine about Doncaster, I walked to and from the car with no sign of any bother. Just saying what I'd heard - granted the Bury fans aren't all going to be objective about it but some Doncaster posters also suggested Bury were on the wrong end this time. I probably should've left that one off as I was just commenting on heresay.

The problem the club have got is that incidents like Doncaster (where no-one seems to really know) are automatically assumed to be instigated by Bury because of the other things on our charge sheet. Incidents like on Tuesday do us no favours on that front. So even me and old R11BFC are now tagged as knuckle draggers.

Anyway, not a lot more to be said on this. Two decent games with decent crowds for us on paper this weekend, hopefully there'll only be a need for football chat after it.

Aye, I'd agree with most of that and you've certainly seen things from a point of view that R11 kept missing (i.e. 'storm in a teacup').

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 14:33 - Aug 27 with 2109 viewsD_BFC

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 14:24 - Aug 27 by aleanddale

Fair enough!!

I agree also with your last sentence..

I think there is a " high" likelihood of more trouble on Saturday. Especially if you get beat.

So can bury fans not accept a defeat ( you should be used to it - like we are )

And why are bury fans so angry all the time??

Also there seems to be an undercurrent of bury fans who actually enjoy the knuckle dragging more than most.

Saturday could be 4 incidents in 7 games FFS!!!
[Post edited 27 Aug 2015 14:55]

I might be naive but I think the game on Saturday will pass without problems. Apart from last time we played them I don't recall major problems with Bury and Oldham games.

Last time was our fault, bollocksed up the ticket arrangements and locked out a load of Oldham fans (when we were desperate for the cash!) they end up in the home end, score a late goal to secure survival in League 1 and naturally celebrate. We all know what happened after that. Did a few of them do that at Spotland too? Maybe I can just blame Oldham instead...?!

I don't know why Bury fans are angry all the time. It's not all of us, that's all I can say on that matter. Some of us are even enjoying being in League 1 again. Except Fleetwood, that were shite.
Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 14:36 - Aug 27 with 2099 viewstazzydjr

They are like a angrier version of Blackpool Fans do they even have anger management classes in Bucketland?

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 15:00 - Aug 27 with 2057 viewsaleanddale

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 14:33 - Aug 27 by D_BFC

I might be naive but I think the game on Saturday will pass without problems. Apart from last time we played them I don't recall major problems with Bury and Oldham games.

Last time was our fault, bollocksed up the ticket arrangements and locked out a load of Oldham fans (when we were desperate for the cash!) they end up in the home end, score a late goal to secure survival in League 1 and naturally celebrate. We all know what happened after that. Did a few of them do that at Spotland too? Maybe I can just blame Oldham instead...?!

I don't know why Bury fans are angry all the time. It's not all of us, that's all I can say on that matter. Some of us are even enjoying being in League 1 again. Except Fleetwood, that were shite.

Welcome to the Dale MB by the way.

We embrace all - even deluded buckets!!!
Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 15:08 - Aug 27 with 2043 views100notout

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 14:24 - Aug 27 by D_BFC

Wouldn't refer to you and R11BFC as knuckle draggers .................. just buckets (slightly further up in the heirarchy of bury fans )

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 15:27 - Aug 27 with 2001 viewsR11BFC

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 14:31 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

Aye, I'd agree with most of that and you've certainly seen things from a point of view that R11 kept missing (i.e. 'storm in a teacup').

Err...he said, "Leicester — It was embarrassing, frankly. Not much more than that."

Is that not a similar type of comment to mine?

TTNYear (Bury Born on our MB?) - i doubt i will find footage of Dale fans running up and down chasing a liner! But you know what? In 40 odd years of watching Bury...i've never seen Bury fans do it before either.

D_BFC - good, well balanced posts.

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 15:45 - Aug 27 with 1946 viewsnordenblue

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 15:27 - Aug 27 by R11BFC

Err...he said, "Leicester — It was embarrassing, frankly. Not much more than that."

TTNYear (Bury Born on our MB?) - i doubt i will find footage of Dale fans running up and down chasing a liner! But you know what? In 40 odd years of watching Bury...i've never seen Bury fans do it before either.

Ive seen bury "fans" legging it up and down the pitch to rant at either a ref or liner previously and ive only seen the games involving us.
However you dress it up you do have more than your fair share of chimps.
Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 16:05 - Aug 27 with 1904 views_dezzy

Ive seen Bury fans causing trouble inside the ground twice, watching the Dale,

When TK scored the pen and ran along the touchline, ( ok it was wrong of him ) and a fan ran on the pitch to get at him.

And last time at the JD when the south stand lot was kicking off trying to get to us, with plenty of ejections .

KHBA

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 16:10 - Aug 27 with 1882 viewsTVOS1907

No, he included the word 'embarrassing', therefore taking some semblance of responsibility.

A lot of football fans remonstrate with the linesmen. How many of those officials feel the need to go infield to the referee for their own safety?

Six games played, three incidents (that we know of). Not good.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2015 16:12]

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 16:11 - Aug 27 with 1881 viewsaleanddale

I have Sussed it...

To much sugar from all the milky bar chomping!!!
Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 16:32 - Aug 27 with 1830 viewsR11BFC

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 15:45 - Aug 27 by nordenblue

Ive seen bury "fans" legging it up and down the pitch to rant at either a ref or liner previously and ive only seen the games involving us.
However you dress it up you do have more than your fair share of chimps.

Yeah...i have too.

I dont think that was what TTNYear was meaning though - it was like they were following the liner up and down (almost comical tbh) and that's what i've never seen before.

You lot could do a great Benny Hill soundtrack to it like you've done before...!

I'm not disputing we have our fair share of chimps, what i'm disputing is that we're as bad as you think or you're as good as you think.

Like you, i watch Rochdale twice a year (when we're in the same league!) and i see just as many problems caused by Rochdale fans as Bury fans that's all i'm trying to say...but sense i'm pi$$ing against the wind!

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 16:37 - Aug 27 with 1818 viewsR11BFC

Why are bury fans so angry all the time? on 16:10 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

No, he included the word 'embarrassing', therefore taking some semblance of responsibility.

A lot of football fans remonstrate with the linesmen. How many of those officials feel the need to go infield to the referee for their own safety?

Six games played, three incidents (that we know of). Not good.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2015 16:12]

I do apologise, i thought saying:

"Plenty condemning the behaviour last night on our MB." (That includes me btw).

...is not sufficient for your purposes!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024