Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
C5 highlights 01:01 - Aug 30 with 4079 viewsDaley_Lama

Firstly, they seem to be listening to popular opinion and the show format is moving towards popular expectation rather than the garbage they first served up which was to mix up all the division highlights as nobody hangs on to watch League 2.

I do, so I just got to see the following

1. Craig Mackail- Smith scoring for Luton - what the heck went wrong there?
2. John Stead scoring for Notts County - The same one who was ace for Bradford against us last season
3. Tom Aldred scoring an own goal for Blackpool - signed as a Championship player, crud as a L1 player, was average at Accy

3 players all playing in the wrong divisions, there will be more out there for sure.

Poll: DF in or out

C5 highlights on 08:42 - Aug 30 with 3871 viewsdingdangblue

Billy Kee at Accrington. Always looked very dangerous against us.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

C5 highlights on 10:32 - Aug 30 with 3649 viewsYouTubeDale

I said "We'll be on next"...then they showed bury v Oldham game. Yes, there is usually a pattern to which game is shown next but I couldn't work it out. Can someone tell me? It was suggested by a member of my family that "they save the best till last" as we were shown last ofcourse.

I look forward to next Saturday's program hoping we are on last again !!!!!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

C5 highlights on 10:58 - Aug 30 with 3544 views_dezzy

I noticed they gave Walsall the side bit at Blackpool .

KHBA

C5 highlights on 11:20 - Aug 30 with 3428 viewsYorkshire_Dale

C5 highlights on 10:58 - Aug 30 by _dezzy

I noticed they gave Walsall the side bit at Blackpool .

Blackpool are not letting us down.......they look doomed already. Hopefully one relegation spot filled.

The ground look empty (who are we to talk though)
C5 highlights on 12:58 - Aug 30 with 3272 viewsisitme

Money talks.

If the likes of Stead were offered a two/three year deal on overall better terms than clubs in a higher division had on the table then they will take them.

Hill said earlier in the season that he lost potential signings to clubs in League Two offering far higher wages.
C5 highlights on 02:33 - Sep 1 with 2768 viewsRespectTheChemistry

C5 highlights on 10:32 - Aug 30 by YouTubeDale

I said "We'll be on next"...then they showed bury v Oldham game. Yes, there is usually a pattern to which game is shown next but I couldn't work it out. Can someone tell me? It was suggested by a member of my family that "they save the best till last" as we were shown last ofcourse.

I look forward to next Saturday's program hoping we are on last again !!!!!

Hmmm, being put on last despite being 5th in the table seemed piss poor to me, especially on the back of them barely even acknowledging us after we beat Blackpool. All too familiar, 'well, it's only Rochdale' coverage, which is disrespectful, irritating and ignorant. Never got that from the Football League Show; Leroy Rosenior in particular was often very complimentary about the club and Hilly.

Kelly Cates is pleasant enough but comes across like a rather earnest primary school teacher, 'Georgie-Boy' Riley is constantly itching to cultivate some 'epicbantz' and Adam Virgo has all the dead-eyed charisma of a Ukranian hit man.

Still, there's precious little chance of any of them being upstaged by any of the guests - Jamie Cureton's startled jockey cameo and Clint Hill's (entirely understandable) scarper in particular.
C5 highlights on 10:05 - Sep 1 with 2595 viewsParkinsGimp

I cant do with the bloody horrible music. And maybe if we keep plugging away we might get more of a mention.
C5 highlights on 10:14 - Sep 1 with 2573 viewsDaley_Lama

I've no idea who the player was who they kept asking whether he was signing for Exeter, but his 'i might be giving you Exeter fans something to celebrate on Monday' comment made me chuckle.

That would be 'if your club is prepared to pay me what my agent asks for then i might condescend to play for you, at which point you should all have an orgasm'

Tit.

Login to get fewer ads

C5 highlights on 10:31 - Sep 1 with 2528 viewsdeeplishblue

Immediately following the Dale highlights the coverage returned to the studio and there was a guy in a red and white striped top fiddling with his smart phone - sums up 2015 for me.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

C5 highlights on 10:37 - Sep 1 with 2502 viewsYorkshire_Dale

C5 highlights on 10:31 - Sep 1 by deeplishblue

Immediately following the Dale highlights the coverage returned to the studio and there was a guy in a red and white striped top fiddling with his smart phone - sums up 2015 for me.

Yep, it's all a bit "Acorn Antiques"................expect Julie Walters to show up with "Two Soups".
C5 highlights on 11:40 - Sep 1 with 2407 viewsdingdangblue

C5 highlights on 10:05 - Sep 1 by ParkinsGimp

I cant do with the bloody horrible music. And maybe if we keep plugging away we might get more of a mention.

Will be interesting to see what they do next weekend with Internationals and no Championship - probably just end at 10pm instead of 10.30. (At least it is on though and not cancelled like BBC).

Edit: Just checked and its on normal time and normal length. Hopeful of a bit more coverage.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2015 11:51]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

C5 highlights on 12:01 - Sep 1 with 2358 viewsTVOS1907

C5 highlights on 10:14 - Sep 1 by Daley_Lama

I've no idea who the player was who they kept asking whether he was signing for Exeter, but his 'i might be giving you Exeter fans something to celebrate on Monday' comment made me chuckle.

That would be 'if your club is prepared to pay me what my agent asks for then i might condescend to play for you, at which point you should all have an orgasm'

Tit.

Clinton Morrison

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

C5 highlights on 12:14 - Sep 1 with 2319 viewsfitzochris

It’s getting marginally better each week, but there is still no getting away from that redundant audience and the charisma-free guests. Also, I'm not a fan of the highlights whereby the studio guest talks over them (like ours against Blackpool). I feel it devalues that particular game a little bit.

That aside, I'm glad that league football still has a show to call its own.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

C5 highlights on 12:18 - Sep 1 with 2296 viewsdingdangblue

C5 highlights on 12:14 - Sep 1 by fitzochris

It’s getting marginally better each week, but there is still no getting away from that redundant audience and the charisma-free guests. Also, I'm not a fan of the highlights whereby the studio guest talks over them (like ours against Blackpool). I feel it devalues that particular game a little bit.

Especially when they fail to namecheck the team who wins!

C5 highlights on 12:20 - Sep 1 with 2287 viewsfitzochris

C5 highlights on 12:18 - Sep 1 by dingdangblue

Especially when they fail to namecheck the team who wins!

That was a particular low.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

C5 highlights on 12:40 - Sep 1 with 2231 viewsTVOS1907

C5 highlights on 12:14 - Sep 1 by fitzochris

Spot on.

For all its faults, the programme is a vast improvement on the first episode, a fact acknowledged by Adam Virgo in his column in the Football League Paper on Sunday.

You're right about the audience; apart from supposedly adding the feel of a 'football crowd', they might as well not be there, while the guests have been ill-prepared and low budget.

Even then, the guest who seemed most at home, Clint Hill, disappeared after half-an-hour.

I'm not sure about Kelly, though. She just doesn't seem like a natural television presenter, whereas she can get away with it a bit more on the radio.

George Riley is much better than he's been given credit for, in my opinion, but Virgo is still a bit wooden and prone to name-check teams/players he played for and against, a bit like Claridge used to do.

It's not perfect, but it's developing and at least the producers have taken most of the justified early criticisms on board.

C5 highlights on 13:10 - Sep 1 with 2149 viewsDaley_Lama

C5 highlights on 12:01 - Sep 1 by TVOS1907

Clinton Morrison

He has signed a contract until January.

The grecians must be jumping through heart shaped hoops, according to the western express he has failed to score in his 25 games for the club.

C5 highlights on 16:40 - Sep 1 with 1919 viewsrichfoad32

C5 highlights on 12:40 - Sep 1 by TVOS1907

Spot on.

For all its faults, the programme is a vast improvement on the first episode, a fact acknowledged by Adam Virgo in his column in the Football League Paper on Sunday.

You're right about the audience; apart from supposedly adding the feel of a 'football crowd', they might as well not be there, while the guests have been ill-prepared and low budget.

Even then, the guest who seemed most at home, Clint Hill, disappeared after half-an-hour.

I'm not sure about Kelly, though. She just doesn't seem like a natural television presenter, whereas she can get away with it a bit more on the radio.

George Riley is much better than he's been given credit for, in my opinion, but Virgo is still a bit wooden and prone to name-check teams/players he played for and against, a bit like Claridge used to do.

It's not perfect, but it's developing and at least the producers have taken most of the justified early criticisms on board.

If Claridge name-checked all the teams he's played for, that would be 20 minutes of the show gone right there....

I find it hard to sit through any football show these days because I just want to watch football.....I don't need some bland ex pro's picking somebodies performance apart with the benefit of 18 different camera angles. I might be showing my age but go back 30 years and shows like The Big Match pretty much had it spot on, more football, an interview with the managers and maybe a minute summarising if there were any major incidents. No smug former players or bland talking heads, just football...I guess that's not sophisticated enough for today's audiences.
C5 highlights on 17:46 - Sep 1 with 1858 viewsD_Alien

C5 highlights on 16:40 - Sep 1 by richfoad32

If Claridge name-checked all the teams he's played for, that would be 20 minutes of the show gone right there....

I find it hard to sit through any football show these days because I just want to watch football.....I don't need some bland ex pro's picking somebodies performance apart with the benefit of 18 different camera angles. I might be showing my age but go back 30 years and shows like The Big Match pretty much had it spot on, more football, an interview with the managers and maybe a minute summarising if there were any major incidents. No smug former players or bland talking heads, just football...I guess that's not sophisticated enough for today's audiences.

You're so damn right about that it actually hurts. Hurts, because to get to the action you've nowadays got to wade through shite - and it is utter shite - that wastes a good hour of your life that you'll never get back, for about 5 minutes decent action. * **

It's actually the antithesis of instant gratification - which as you rightly point out, was what happened 30/40 years ago. Progress? Utter shite.

* unless you watch on demand

** yeah, yeah, i know, it's just like chatting up a gorgeous but boring woman

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

C5 highlights on 19:36 - Sep 1 with 1736 viewsTVOS1907

C5 highlights on 16:40 - Sep 1 by richfoad32

You're absolutely right, which is one of the reasons I could never understand the furore over the time the FL Show was broadcast.

Just record it and play it back the next day, fast forwarding to the action.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024