Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should football matches be postponed for International call ups in Leagues 1&2? 11:24 - Sep 3 with 3702 views1mark1

Should football matches be postponed for International call ups in Leagues 1&2?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Should football matches be postponed for International call ups in Leagues 1&2? on 12:10 - Sep 3 with 3647 viewstazzydjr

it weakened Crawley Town's team hell of lot when they had 4 international's called up that weekend Rochdale owned them in their first ever meeting at Broadfield

Just think if it were Rochdale Internationals such as Diba, Camps, Lund maybe even Allen, Donaldo even the new guy i know Rochdale are currently good enough to field to two squads but in League Football could result in loss of potential 3 points

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Should football matches be postponed for International call ups in Leagues 1&2? on 13:55 - Sep 3 with 3551 viewsaleanddale

Should football matches be postponed for International call ups in Leagues 1&2? on 12:10 - Sep 3 by tazzydjr

it weakened Crawley Town's team hell of lot when they had 4 international's called up that weekend Rochdale owned them in their first ever meeting at Broadfield

Just think if it were Rochdale Internationals such as Diba, Camps, Lund maybe even Allen, Donaldo even the new guy i know Rochdale are currently good enough to field to two squads but in League Football could result in loss of potential 3 points

Is that a yes or a no taz?
Should football matches be postponed for International call ups in Leagues 1&2? on 13:56 - Sep 3 with 3543 views_dezzy

I voted yes, You pay to see your best players, and should not be punished with a weakened squad because of your success

KHBA

Should football matches be postponed for International call ups in Leagues 1&2? on 14:53 - Sep 3 with 3511 viewszxcvbnm

I think no, looking at it there aren’t many teams with lots of international call ups in L1 and 2. If clubs advertise it right they might pull in some extra revenue from Prem and Championship fans.

It’d also mean more tuesday night matches which could lead to awkward trips and poor attendances

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Should football matches be postponed for International call ups in Leagues 1&2? on 14:54 - Sep 3 with 3504 viewstazzydjr

Should football matches be postponed for International call ups in Leagues 1&2? on 13:55 - Sep 3 by aleanddale

Is that a yes or a no taz?

I voted Yes

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com

Should football matches be postponed for International call ups in Leagues 1&2? on 15:15 - Sep 3 with 3469 views1mark1

Some clubs can end up losing a lot of cash when tasty Saturday games get postponed and have to be played midweek. Don't see why these clubs should lose out on much needed income. Also it creates another situation of 3 matches in a week, leading to more injuries etc. This effects those clubs that have smaller squads

If clubs have success due to international players, then they have to in my opinion be prepared to suffer the consequence of that success if they end up losing players to internationals. Generally these clubs do have bigger and more depth in quality squads.

Even if Rochdale lost players to international duty, I still believe in the above.

Should football matches be postponed for International call ups in Leagues 1&2? on 16:45 - Sep 3 with 3383 viewstazzydjr

Should football matches be postponed for International call ups in Leagues 1&2? on 15:15 - Sep 3 by 1mark1

Some clubs can end up losing a lot of cash when tasty Saturday games get postponed and have to be played midweek. Don't see why these clubs should lose out on much needed income. Also it creates another situation of 3 matches in a week, leading to more injuries etc. This effects those clubs that have smaller squads

If clubs have success due to international players, then they have to in my opinion be prepared to suffer the consequence of that success if they end up losing players to internationals. Generally these clubs do have bigger and more depth in quality squads.

Even if Rochdale lost players to international duty, I still believe in the above.

Apparently Football Association's such as Scotland, England , Ireland etc compensate said clubs in lower leagues for these losses
[Post edited 3 Sep 2015 16:46]

Should football matches be postponed for International call ups in Leagues 1&2? on 18:14 - Sep 3 with 3306 views1mark1

Should football matches be postponed for International call ups in Leagues 1&2? on 16:45 - Sep 3 by tazzydjr

Apparently Football Association's such as Scotland, England , Ireland etc compensate said clubs in lower leagues for these losses
[Post edited 3 Sep 2015 16:46]

If you could provide us the source of this info, I would be very thankful Tazz. Even if there was no financial loss, you have the problem of an extra midweek game, with the extra chances of injuries, and fatigue, and maybe even more chance of the midweek game leading to a defeat.

Login to get fewer ads

Should football matches be postponed for International call ups in Leagues 1&2? on 19:27 - Sep 3 with 3245 viewsOxDale

Only if those players are qualified for England.
Should football matches be postponed for International call ups in Leagues 1&2? on 21:05 - Sep 3 with 3153 viewsTVOS1907

Should football matches be postponed for International call ups in Leagues 1&2? on 15:15 - Sep 3 by 1mark1

I think this is an interesting debate and I'm not sure what the answer is.

However, hypothetically speaking, let's say Dale had four internationals missing this weekend, but still had to play at Fleetwood.

Not only does that disadvantage Dale (as has already been mentioned), but it could arguably give Fleetwood an unfair advantage.

I know there are lots of other factors, but by postponing the games, the integrity of the competition is maintained, in theory.

* I think this is what Taz was saying, but we still 'owned' Crawley at home when there were no internationals!

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Should football matches be postponed for International call ups in Leagues 1&2? on 23:43 - Sep 4 with 2928 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Fleetwood have two players on International Call up tomorrow........good time to play them I say.
Should football matches be postponed for International call ups in Leagues 1&2? on 00:15 - Sep 5 with 2918 viewsTVOS1907

Should football matches be postponed for International call ups in Leagues 1&2? on 23:43 - Sep 4 by Yorkshire_Dale

Fleetwood have two players on International Call up tomorrow........good time to play them I say.

Even if one of them is Elvis Costello.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Should football matches be postponed for International call ups in Leagues 1&2? on 00:43 - Sep 5 with 2910 viewsNigeriamark

If clubs were buying in internationals I would agree with you - You know the consequences when you buy them

However not sure if a team like Dale who are actually developing potential internationals from our youth policy should suffer at all.
3 points lost with a weakened team v some potential injuries from a 3 games in a week schedule - Tough call but I would want my best team out on all games and would hope we could cover a potential injury if it happens so it's a yes from me
Should football matches be postponed for International call ups in Leagues 1&2? on 01:01 - Sep 5 with 2896 viewsDaley_Lama

Don't schedule L1 and 2 fixtures when it is international weekend, simples.

This is done for Championship Clubs who play 46 games a year.

Schedule JPT Trophy matches for these weekends instead.

Poll: DF in or out

Should football matches be postponed for International call ups in Leagues 1&2? on 12:28 - Sep 5 with 2748 views1mark1

Should football matches be postponed for International call ups in Leagues 1&2? on 01:01 - Sep 5 by Daley_Lama

Don't schedule L1 and 2 fixtures when it is international weekend, simples.

This is done for Championship Clubs who play 46 games a year.

Schedule JPT Trophy matches for these weekends instead.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Should football matches be postponed for International call ups in Leagues 1&2? on 12:42 - Sep 5 with 2733 views1mark1

I am surprised that as it stands at the moment that I am in the majority on this issue, as usually I am in the minority. It is a good debate though . Wonder what the club's feel on this issue, in particular Dale.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024