Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wonder what Keith would make of this? 14:01 - Sep 3 with 2822 viewsoddjob007

Wes Thomas: Lee Power hails new Swindon Town signing

Power revealed the club beat off stiff opposition to sign Thomas and had also stretched themselves financially to complete the deal.

"We've pushed the boat out to get him," he said. "It's massive for us, we've been trying all summer to get him. He had a couple of Championship clubs that came in and three in League One. We've taken him on loan, there was no fee but we've definitely broken our wage structure."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34128620

Don't Swindon have history of this too?
[Post edited 3 Sep 2015 14:02]
Wonder what Keith would make of this? on 15:03 - Sep 3 with 2702 views1mark1

Hope the gamble fails, and that they have overstretched themselves. If they end up in financial they will have deserved it.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Wonder what Keith would make of this? on 01:01 - Sep 5 with 2011 viewsKathmandale

I just don't understand why they sound so proud about it. Like it's a great thing they've done.

"Ha! We've spent money that hasn't been budgeted for. We've basically told all the players on our existing wage structure that 'your not worth what this guy is, we've smashed it for him'. Other clubs further up the league had a look and decided not to bother, we did exactly what his agent said. "
Wonder what Keith would make of this? on 08:59 - Sep 5 with 1857 viewsChaffRAFC

This must be the transfer Keith was alluding to in his interview yesterday when he described it as cheating.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Wonder what Keith would make of this? on 09:54 - Sep 5 with 1765 viewsColDale

Wonder what Keith would make of this? on 01:01 - Sep 5 by Kathmandale

I just don't understand why they sound so proud about it. Like it's a great thing they've done.

"Ha! We've spent money that hasn't been budgeted for. We've basically told all the players on our existing wage structure that 'your not worth what this guy is, we've smashed it for him'. Other clubs further up the league had a look and decided not to bother, we did exactly what his agent said. "

Certain teams have to demonstrate to their supporters that they are a big club by spending big, irrespective of whether they can afford to do so. There'll be many clubs who'll finish way down below us at the end of the season who will be proud rather than ashamed that they have spent more money than we have.
Wonder what Keith would make of this? on 10:21 - Sep 5 with 1720 viewsisitme

Wonder what Keith would make of this? on 08:59 - Sep 5 by ChaffRAFC

This must be the transfer Keith was alluding to in his interview yesterday when he described it as cheating.

I thought he said a Premier League player who is on £15,000 a week.

I suspect Armstrong from Newcastle who is on loan at Coventry or maybe Crowley from Arsenal, who is on loan at Barnsley.
Wonder what Keith would make of this? on 12:39 - Sep 5 with 1551 viewsD_Alien

Wonder what Keith would make of this? on 08:59 - Sep 5 by ChaffRAFC

I'd rather he saw us having him as manager as cheating.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024