Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ooh Arr! How Are You Liking Gloucestershire? 10:23 - Sep 4 with 2208 viewsmikehunt

Forest Green. Seven out seven wins in the Conference and plans for a £100 million pound stadium complex unveiled. The world's gone mad.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Ooh Arr! How Are You Liking Gloucestershire? on 10:46 - Sep 4 with 2151 viewsaleanddale

Exciting times for them though!!

Any ideas where the investment is coming from??
Ooh Arr! How Are You Liking Gloucestershire? on 10:47 - Sep 4 with 2151 viewsDySporting

I live within ten minutes of Nailsworth where FGR are based at the mo, the club is monied to say the least the chairman has always said he wants them to be a league side and is bankrolling them towards it. He has some unusual views, meat is banned in the stadium - veggie pies only.

Reputedly the wages they pay dwarf what Dale pay out, Jon Parkin is leading the line for them at the moment and is on a few bob

Crowds though are well below 2000 normally there’s a core home support of about 1200. Whether this would improve in the new super stadium just off the motorway is anyones guess but it’s definitely an ambitious plan. His difficulty is going to be building up the core support both Bristol clubs are well supported locally as are Cardiff but there are a hell of a lot of egg chasers around with Gloucester and Bath local. I’ve already said my bit about the Rugby World Cup to the egg chasing supporters around here - I don’t give a toss who wins and won’t be watching!

The chairman owns Ecotricity, - green energy firm
[Post edited 4 Sep 2015 10:48]
Ooh Arr! How Are You Liking Gloucestershire? on 10:56 - Sep 4 with 2117 viewsaleanddale

Could be another Darlington?

Or is this fella super rich?

Heard the other day that Scunthorpe are looking at another stadium, something bigger and better than what they currently have.

Would they be the first football league club to have had 3 stadiums?.

Used to love the old show ground ( dump but good atmosphere )
[Post edited 4 Sep 2015 11:02]
Ooh Arr! How Are You Liking Gloucestershire? on 10:59 - Sep 4 with 2104 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Ooh Arr! How Are You Liking Gloucestershire? on 10:46 - Sep 4 by aleanddale

Exciting times for them though!!

Any ideas where the investment is coming from??

......wind turbines!
Ooh Arr! How Are You Liking Gloucestershire? on 12:56 - Sep 4 with 1809 viewsDomDale

They have a mega rich backer. Owns an energy company, EcoTricity I think . It is. Not sure how I feel about a tiny club being bank rolled a la Fleetwood. Much prefer "organic" growth. Pun very much intended.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Ooh Arr! How Are You Liking Gloucestershire? on 19:28 - Sep 4 with 1473 viewsrichfoad32

Ooh Arr! How Are You Liking Gloucestershire? on 10:56 - Sep 4 by aleanddale

Could be another Darlington?

Or is this fella super rich?

Heard the other day that Scunthorpe are looking at another stadium, something bigger and better than what they currently have.

Would they be the first football league club to have had 3 stadiums?.

Used to love the old show ground ( dump but good atmosphere )
[Post edited 4 Sep 2015 11:02]

Good question about Scunny, off the top of my head I can only think of Brighton in the modern era who have played at three stadiums (The Goldstone, Withdean and Falmer) and maybe even four if you include the season they played at Gillingham. There may be others though, especially if you go further back.

Come to think of it, Bristol Rovers seem to have shifted about a bit a few times too.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2015 19:31]
Ooh Arr! How Are You Liking Gloucestershire? on 22:14 - Sep 4 with 1344 viewsYadHoDale

Man City - Hyde Road, Main Road, City of Manchester Stadium
Hull City - Anlaby Road, The Boulevard, Boothferry Park, KC Stadium
QPR - had several homes before settling at Loftus Road

Probably others as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024