Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shamir Fenelon 14:45 - Sep 4 with 6119 viewstazzydjr

The former loanee will be playing at Gigg Lane tonight for Republic of Ireland U21s against Qatar U23s

Kick Off is 6PM

Entry is Free

http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/king-names-squad-for-qatar-and-andorra-games
[Post edited 4 Sep 2015 14:46]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Shamir Fenelon on 15:20 - Sep 4 with 6019 viewsdingdangblue

I didn't even know he was Irish!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Shamir Fenelon on 15:33 - Sep 4 with 5958 viewsBrierls

Shamir Fenelon on 15:20 - Sep 4 by dingdangblue

I doubt he did until he got a call!

The Republic of Ireland really do take the piss with call ups. I know they have a smaller pool of talent than the likes of England, but you'd have thought they'd be much better served giving more game time and experience to 'proper' Irish kids and not English born and bred players currently plying their trade at Conference South level.
Shamir Fenelon on 16:49 - Sep 4 with 5769 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Shamir Fenelon on 15:20 - Sep 4 by dingdangblue

Yeah,but the cleaner at his local mosque used to own an Irish Setter,so he's in!

Two reasons to miss the game,even though it's free:

a) it's at gigg

b) if the quality on show is Shamir's level stay home and watch "Bake Off"
Shamir Fenelon on 17:38 - Sep 4 with 5653 viewsantmarina

Shamir Fenelon on 16:49 - Sep 4 by Yorkshire_Dale

Yeah,but the cleaner at his local mosque used to own an Irish Setter,so he's in!

a) it's at gigg

Exactly why did he get the boot from Dale.

As I remember he didn't set the world on fire!
Shamir Fenelon on 17:45 - Sep 4 with 5624 viewsBrierls

Shamir Fenelon on 17:38 - Sep 4 by antmarina

Exactly why did he get the boot from Dale.

As I remember he didn't set the world on fire!

He didn't get much game time to fair. Rumours that he had a falling out with the management, rumours that Brighton weren't happy about him not playing. It's all rumours.

But seeing where he's playing now, I suspect he's simply not good enough!
[Post edited 4 Sep 2015 17:46]
Shamir Fenelon on 18:12 - Sep 4 with 5560 viewsColDale

Shamir Fenelon on 15:33 - Sep 4 by Brierls

The Republic of Ireland really do take the piss with call ups. I know they have a smaller pool of talent than the likes of England, but you'd have thought they'd be much better served giving more game time and experience to 'proper' Irish kids and not English born and bred players currently plying their trade at Conference South level.

What's worse is the Republic's ability to pick players from Northern Ireland should they wish. It's not 1923. It's two separate countries, and if they operate two separate FA's, then the loophole must be closed to give Northern Ireland any fighting chance.
Shamir Fenelon on 18:49 - Sep 4 with 5477 viewsBrierls

Shamir Fenelon on 18:12 - Sep 4 by ColDale

What's worse is the Republic's ability to pick players from Northern Ireland should they wish. It's not 1923. It's two separate countries, and if they operate two separate FA's, then the loophole must be closed to give Northern Ireland any fighting chance.

Agreed. The crazy thing is its a ruling from FIFA! The IFA have asked questions a million times over but been knocked back. It's a complete farce.

The most recognisable Northern Irish players choosing to play for the Republic are Darron Gibson, Marc Wilson & James McClean. All players who would have made a big difference to a Northern Ireland side or squad had they been available.

I went to Uni with a couple of lads from Northern Ireland and have traveled to two World Cups with one of them. He follows Northern Ireland home and away, even though he lives over here now, and he's sick of decent players being poached by the Republic. I've traveled with him to a few Northern Ireland games and I've had a better time, and been a better party atmosphere, than any England game I've been to. They deserve better.

All the attention is on Wales, but if Northern Ireland manage to qualify, and they still have a chance, that will be the real fairytale.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2015 18:51]
Shamir Fenelon on 19:37 - Sep 4 with 5336 viewsdingdangblue

Shamir Fenelon on 15:33 - Sep 4 by Brierls

To be fair they must be struggling if they've got Barnsley's on loan 'forward' Conor Wilkinson playing.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Shamir Fenelon on 20:40 - Sep 4 with 5264 viewsWhiteyBFC

Shamir Fenelon on 19:37 - Sep 4 by dingdangblue

To be fair they must be struggling if they've got Barnsley's on loan 'forward' Conor Wilkinson playing.

I'm delighted with Conor's call-up this weekend...
Shamir Fenelon on 21:30 - Sep 4 with 5193 viewsRosun

Shamir Fenelon on 16:49 - Sep 4 by Yorkshire_Dale

a) it's at gigg

You missed a good game of football YD.
A fantastic 4-1 away win for Ireland. Some worldie goals including an overhead volley and a Beckhamesque free kick.
I stuck it to the man / boy / milky bar kid by parking for free in the exec spaces and not buying anything in the ground (apart from a packet of crisps for Eva).
No doubt the Qataris will be drilling for oil in Bury soon or they will have a new corporate executive supplier of sand for their pitch.
The commercial team @ Dale could learn something from this. Maybe host the Bangladesh or Pakistan under 21 team and publicise it to the max.
Shamir Fenelon on 23:40 - Sep 4 with 5036 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Shamir Fenelon on 21:30 - Sep 4 by Rosun

You missed a good game of football YD.
A fantastic 4-1 away win for Ireland. Some worldie goals including an overhead volley and a Beckhamesque free kick.
I stuck it to the man / boy / milky bar kid by parking for free in the exec spaces and not buying anything in the ground (apart from a packet of crisps for Eva).
No doubt the Qataris will be drilling for oil in Bury soon or they will have a new corporate executive supplier of sand for their pitch.
The commercial team @ Dale could learn something from this. Maybe host the Bangladesh or Pakistan under 21 team and publicise it to the max.

Rosun.......my comments were really tongue in cheek........glad you had a good time and great to see bury got naff all out of you,as well as witnessing a good game.

Agree that bury's commercial dept seems to to a slick set-up and we could learn things from their pro-activity.But I think we are now on catch up and should start to benefit from the new personnel.
Shamir Fenelon on 00:33 - Sep 5 with 4987 viewsNigeriamark

Shamir Fenelon on 18:49 - Sep 4 by Brierls

Agreed. The crazy thing is its a ruling from FIFA! The IFA have asked questions a million times over but been knocked back. It's a complete farce.

The most recognisable Northern Irish players choosing to play for the Republic are Darron Gibson, Marc Wilson & James McClean. All players who would have made a big difference to a Northern Ireland side or squad had they been available.

I went to Uni with a couple of lads from Northern Ireland and have traveled to two World Cups with one of them. He follows Northern Ireland home and away, even though he lives over here now, and he's sick of decent players being poached by the Republic. I've traveled with him to a few Northern Ireland games and I've had a better time, and been a better party atmosphere, than any England game I've been to. They deserve better.

All the attention is on Wales, but if Northern Ireland manage to qualify, and they still have a chance, that will be the real fairytale.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2015 18:51]

They only need 3 points now. Are you going to go over and watch any NI games if they get there? I reckon half of NI will be there too
Shamir Fenelon on 17:07 - Sep 8 with 4512 viewstazzydjr

Shamir is on bench for Ireland U21 Squad in Andorra they currently 0-2 up

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024