Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... 19:52 - Oct 3 with 4752 viewsD_Alien

... I'm now going to put myself through watching England being the first host nation to slip out of the World Cup in the group stages *

After last Saturday's Wales debacle, it'll be like deja vu all over again (as Yogi Berra, who died this week, once said)

* hope the RG's are watching too

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 19:58 - Oct 3 with 3021 viewsR17ALE

Watching any rugby of any description would put a downer on anyone's day!

Good luck!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 20:01 - Oct 3 with 3016 viewsBigKindo

What would have been your preference at 3 - 00pm this afternoon? 3 points for Dale or an England win?
And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 20:02 - Oct 3 with 3008 views442Dale

And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 20:01 - Oct 3 by BigKindo

What would have been your preference at 3 - 00pm this afternoon? 3 points for Dale or an England win?

I'd be amazed if anyone on here would say the latter.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 20:40 - Oct 3 with 2948 viewsR17ALE

At 3pm today I had no idea of any rugby match taking place tonight, so it wasn't an available choice to make!

I've managed, successfully, to stay away from all this rugger nonsense by re-tuning ITV to Red Hot Dutch. So whilst the nation watches people making tits of themselves, I'm just watching tits!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 20:42 - Oct 3 with 2942 viewsBobbyjoe

Sublime from the Aussies.
And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 20:58 - Oct 3 with 2890 viewsD_Alien

3pts for the Dale

As things stand, it'll be England who'll end up with 3 pts

[Post edited 3 Oct 2015 20:58]

And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 21:58 - Oct 3 with 2781 viewsD_Alien

And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 20:58 - Oct 3 by D_Alien

3pts for the Dale

As things stand, it'll be England who'll end up with 3 pts

[Post edited 3 Oct 2015 20:58]

Well, we got 13 but to pile on the humiliation that was our record defeat to the Aussies at Twickenham. Second best in virtually every area of the game. How Lancaster has a contract till 2020 is anyone's guess. If he's got anything about him, he'll resign.

And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 22:20 - Oct 3 with 2733 viewsdalestats

As Jose said sack me

Poll: Remain in the eu

Login to get fewer ads

And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 00:18 - Oct 4 with 2640 viewsYorkshire_Dale

England were shite......well done the Aussies for dicking us good and proper.

My son is in Canberra tonight with hi s English colleagues, watching us getting hammered and then back to work in Sydney tomorrow for loads and loads of ribbing I suspect!

And the clocks went forward and he lost an hours kip for it!
And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 08:55 - Oct 4 with 2523 viewsmingthemerciless

England have been really poor throughout the competition. Last night they turned up planning to dominate the scrum and the line out, when that didn't work they'd no plan B. The Aussies played like a Rugby League team with some good running and passing. Whatever we do in training it mustn't include working with the ball. If I were on the coaching staff I'd be looking for another job this morning.

On another tack the refereeing is beyond me. They seem to decide who's at fault for " technical " offences on a whim.

I've watched Rugby , mainly League though, for 50 years now but I still don't get this advantage rule. When the score was 3-3 the referee awarded England a penalty but they kept on playing to no real purpose. A minute later he said the advantage was over and no penalty ! Who decides what happens in this circumstance ?
And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 09:04 - Oct 4 with 2510 viewsnordenblue

And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 08:55 - Oct 4 by mingthemerciless

England have been really poor throughout the competition. Last night they turned up planning to dominate the scrum and the line out, when that didn't work they'd no plan B. The Aussies played like a Rugby League team with some good running and passing. Whatever we do in training it mustn't include working with the ball. If I were on the coaching staff I'd be looking for another job this morning.

On another tack the refereeing is beyond me. They seem to decide who's at fault for " technical " offences on a whim.

I've watched Rugby , mainly League though, for 50 years now but I still don't get this advantage rule. When the score was 3-3 the referee awarded England a penalty but they kept on playing to no real purpose. A minute later he said the advantage was over and no penalty ! Who decides what happens in this circumstance ?

The players/captain should have spoke to the ref during play and taken a penalty as no obvious advantage to be gained,but instead stupidly chose to run the ball therefor losing the initial advantage,it would even be worth perhaps losing the ball to then be pulled back for the penalty.
And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 09:24 - Oct 4 with 2479 viewsdingdangblue

And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 09:04 - Oct 4 by nordenblue

The players/captain should have spoke to the ref during play and taken a penalty as no obvious advantage to be gained,but instead stupidly chose to run the ball therefor losing the initial advantage,it would even be worth perhaps losing the ball to then be pulled back for the penalty.

Why wasn't their guy yellow carded for the late hit on Mike Brown? Then Farrell was yellowed just as England might have got back into it.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 09:35 - Oct 4 with 2468 viewszxcvbnm

And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 09:24 - Oct 4 by dingdangblue

Why wasn't their guy yellow carded for the late hit on Mike Brown? Then Farrell was yellowed just as England might have got back into it.

Farrell was yellowed because he tackled a player who didn’t have the ball. I know nothing about rugby but the ref explained that. The experts after the game reckoned there should have been 2 yellows for England in that move

Poll: Best loanee keeper

And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 09:58 - Oct 4 with 2439 viewsnordenblue

Burgess should have walked too at the same time for what was a far worse "tackle" than Farrell so we cant have any complaints about the ref and decisions.
As hard is it was to stomach England got fully what they deserved against a team far far superior on the day,we just looked too predictable and some of their movement and use of the ball was at times a joy to watch.
And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 10:04 - Oct 4 with 2423 viewsmingthemerciless

And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 09:04 - Oct 4 by nordenblue

Thanks for that. Can the captain decide to ask for the penalty then ? If we had deliberately dropped the ball would we have then got the penalty ?
And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 10:14 - Oct 4 with 2402 viewsnordenblue

And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 10:04 - Oct 4 by mingthemerciless

Thanks for that. Can the captain decide to ask for the penalty then ? If we had deliberately dropped the ball would we have then got the penalty ?

The players can slow play down and make no progress,lose the ball etc making a decision for the ref a lot easier that no advantage is currently being gained,keep running the ball in hell for leather gives the ref an option to let the advantage run for a while.
I dont think theres an exact time lapse where the ref lets play continue but after weve have the ball for an age his hands then forced to not pull the play back is how ive always understood it.
The refs in general do seem very good in their defence
And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 10:48 - Oct 4 with 2367 viewsD_Alien

What's been most disappointing is England's lack of basic discipline - basic professionalism if you like.

We were 10pts clear of Wales last week and good value for it, then time and again our players gave away penalties for utterly stupid infringements - stuff you'd be bollocked about for doing at amateur level, like using your hands to prop your body up in a ruck.

That, and very poor calls during games; the decision not to take the penalty at the end of the Wales match; the decision to play on during the advantage yesterday when the penalty would've put us in front. It's all pretty senseless and if I'd forked out a fortune to watch those two games I'd be feeling shafted.

Lancaster has to go. Would any other national coach deliberately ignore the best players simply because they were playing abroad? Why the hell does he think French teams want them? It's childish, and makes him a laughing stock.

We were embarrassing, from start to finish.

And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 11:12 - Oct 4 with 2331 viewsisitme

And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 10:48 - Oct 4 by D_Alien

What's been most disappointing is England's lack of basic discipline - basic professionalism if you like.

We were 10pts clear of Wales last week and good value for it, then time and again our players gave away penalties for utterly stupid infringements - stuff you'd be bollocked about for doing at amateur level, like using your hands to prop your body up in a ruck.

That, and very poor calls during games; the decision not to take the penalty at the end of the Wales match; the decision to play on during the advantage yesterday when the penalty would've put us in front. It's all pretty senseless and if I'd forked out a fortune to watch those two games I'd be feeling shafted.

Lancaster has to go. Would any other national coach deliberately ignore the best players simply because they were playing abroad? Why the hell does he think French teams want them? It's childish, and makes him a laughing stock.

We were embarrassing, from start to finish.

New Zealand (don't pick players who play overseas), who will probably win the world cup.

Also the kick against Wales was a difficult kick.
And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 11:24 - Oct 4 with 2314 viewsmingthemerciless

And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 11:12 - Oct 4 by isitme

New Zealand (don't pick players who play overseas), who will probably win the world cup.

Also the kick against Wales was a difficult kick.

I agree the kick against Wales was difficult but the way Farrell was kicking I'd have said he had at least a 75 % chance of kicking iit. He easily converted Watson's try from a similar position last night and that was a pressure kick.

Even if he'd have missed we should have had the ball back from the re-start.

All along our decision making at all levels has been poor.

Making the right decisions at speed most of the time is what separates winning teams from losing teams.
And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 14:06 - Oct 4 with 2250 viewsdingdangblue

And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 09:58 - Oct 4 by nordenblue

Burgess should have walked too at the same time for what was a far worse "tackle" than Farrell so we cant have any complaints about the ref and decisions.
As hard is it was to stomach England got fully what they deserved against a team far far superior on the day,we just looked too predictable and some of their movement and use of the ball was at times a joy to watch.

Yes we could have had Burgess off also for the high tackle - just wondered why the late hit on Brown wasn't classed as a yellow also? Another thing puzzled me - I'm sure Australia kicked the ball out of play just after our try and they got the put in at the line out? I'm sure it was during normal play and not a penalty?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 14:39 - Oct 4 with 2213 viewsmingthemerciless

And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 14:06 - Oct 4 by dingdangblue

Yes we could have had Burgess off also for the high tackle - just wondered why the late hit on Brown wasn't classed as a yellow also? Another thing puzzled me - I'm sure Australia kicked the ball out of play just after our try and they got the put in at the line out? I'm sure it was during normal play and not a penalty?

I think the officials thought it touched an England player on the way out, I did anyway.

The " tackle " on Brown was worth a yellow card if Farrell's was.
And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 14:41 - Oct 6 with 1982 viewsdingdangblue

A bit bloody late!

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/34443308

And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 15:50 - Oct 6 with 1936 viewsSuddenLad

And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 14:41 - Oct 6 by dingdangblue

A bit bloody late!

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/34443308

Not only late, but pointless to ban him from a meaningless game. A 2 game ban would have had an effect. The Wales game is a dead rubber. He can have a nice rest.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 15:56 - Oct 6 with 1935 viewsdingdangblue

And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 15:50 - Oct 6 by SuddenLad

Not only late, but pointless to ban him from a meaningless game. A 2 game ban would have had an effect. The Wales game is a dead rubber. He can have a nice rest.

Talking of pointless bans - Leon Clarke getting himself booked on purpose last Saturday (he was on 4 yellow cards for the season). Misses tonight's paintpot trophy instead of a league game.

And as if this afternoon wasn't bad enough... on 16:27 - Oct 6 with 1921 viewsSuddenLad

Should only apply to the competition in which it was incurred. Booked/sent off in a League game, then the subsequent ban applies only for League games, etc...

That would shut that little loophole.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2015 16:27]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024