Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers 18:35 - Oct 4 with 7578 viewsStatzdale

"Liverpool Football Club has announced that Brendan Rodgers will leave his post with immediate effect after having his contract terminated!" Who do you think will be in the frame to replace him?
[Post edited 4 Oct 2015 18:49]
Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 18:47 - Oct 4 with 5447 viewsSuddenLad

Fine margins.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 18:50 - Oct 4 with 5439 views1mark1

Unless they have a really top manager in line a crazy decision in my opinion. Hope he gets the full entitlement due from Liverpool. Has he had all the funds he would have wanted to rebuild his squad in the last couple of years?

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 18:54 - Oct 4 with 5415 viewszxcvbnm

Klopp has been lined up for weeks it's just been a matter of when

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 19:03 - Oct 4 with 5393 viewselectricblue

Dick Adcocaat as walked from sunderland so he maybe in..........

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 19:13 - Oct 4 with 5362 viewsdingdangblue

Only one man big enough for this job.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 19:24 - Oct 4 with 5332 viewsChaffRAFC

Klopp guaranteed I think.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 20:00 - Oct 4 with 5236 viewsTVOS1907

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 18:50 - Oct 4 by 1mark1

Unless they have a really top manager in line a crazy decision in my opinion. Hope he gets the full entitlement due from Liverpool. Has he had all the funds he would have wanted to rebuild his squad in the last couple of years?

I'm not sure it is a crazy decision. Liverpool were getting worse and have been doing so ever since Gerrard's infamous slip against Chelsea.

Rodgers was on borrowed time and his squad is full of average players.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 20:07 - Oct 4 with 5215 viewsmacro

Rodgers cocked up post Suarez, he did what Tottenham did post Bale and bought in lots and lots of average players leaving himself with a far weaker squad.

Lets face it a strong Liverpool should beat Norwich at home and then Sion in Europe
Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 20:16 - Oct 4 with 5199 views1mark1

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 20:00 - Oct 4 by TVOS1907

I'm not sure it is a crazy decision. Liverpool were getting worse and have been doing so ever since Gerrard's infamous slip against Chelsea.

Rodgers was on borrowed time and his squad is full of average players.

I think the timing was crazy, in the sense they didn't get rid at the end of last season, unless they were waiting for the right manager to come along. I agree he seams to have spent a lot of money on average players.

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 20:29 - Oct 4 with 5163 viewsTVOS1907

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 20:16 - Oct 4 by 1mark1

I think the timing was crazy, in the sense they didn't get rid at the end of last season, unless they were waiting for the right manager to come along. I agree he seams to have spent a lot of money on average players.

Yes, must admit that two hours after drawing with Everton is a bit mad.

Then again, Dalglish quit after a draw with Everton, so there must be something in the water.

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 21:29 - Oct 4 with 5050 viewsmeeee

Henrys reaction when they announced it on sky haha
[Post edited 4 Oct 2015 21:29]
Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 21:34 - Oct 4 with 5041 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 21:29 - Oct 4 by meeee

Henrys reaction when they announced it on sky haha
[Post edited 4 Oct 2015 21:29]

Carra's pretending he's not enjoying it!
Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 11:38 - Oct 5 with 4752 viewsParkinsGimp

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 20:29 - Oct 4 by TVOS1907

Yes, must admit that two hours after drawing with Everton is a bit mad.

Then again, Dalglish quit after a draw with Everton, so there must be something in the water.

I think a lot of managers used to lose their jobs after losing or drawing with the Dale . Or did it just seem like that LOL
Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 11:59 - Oct 5 with 4726 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 11:38 - Oct 5 by ParkinsGimp

I think a lot of managers used to lose their jobs after losing or drawing with the Dale . Or did it just seem like that LOL

Parkinson is back in favour at Valley Parade after dicking us on Saturday......they love him again.

No pressure for that lad.
Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 16:48 - Oct 5 with 4557 views1mark1

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 11:59 - Oct 5 by Yorkshire_Dale

Parkinson is back in favour at Valley Parade after dicking us on Saturday......they love him again.

No pressure for that lad.

All the money they have had from their cup runs and crowds, ST sales, etc, and they haven't managed to get a decent team together, proves to me Parkinson is not a good manager. If I was a Bradford fan, I would not be getting too cocky after that win, as they beat a team playing very poorly, and playing tactically in a way to give them the perfect opportunity to win a game.

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 18:43 - Oct 5 with 4467 viewspioneer

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 16:48 - Oct 5 by 1mark1

All the money they have had from their cup runs and crowds, ST sales, etc, and they haven't managed to get a decent team together, proves to me Parkinson is not a good manager. If I was a Bradford fan, I would not be getting too cocky after that win, as they beat a team playing very poorly, and playing tactically in a way to give them the perfect opportunity to win a game.

'playing tactically in a way to give them the perfect opportunity to win a game'.

Isn't that what a good manager is supposed to do?
Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 18:46 - Oct 5 with 4463 views1mark1

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 18:43 - Oct 5 by pioneer

'playing tactically in a way to give them the perfect opportunity to win a game'.

Isn't that what a good manager is supposed to do?

No Dale played tactically in a way that allowed Bradford to play to their strengths, to win the game.

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 18:54 - Oct 5 with 4449 viewsColDale

Liverpool's problem is that football has moved on (for the worse) and has left clubs like them behind. They cannot cope with the earning revenue of United and Arsenal, and their owners cannot afford to throw hundreds of millions at them like they do at City and Chelsea.

And with the real chance of Champions League qualification dropping to three teams, you can't ever see them getting back into what they see as their rightful place. Should it drop to three teams that get Champs League football, you'd assume the spending would hit a whole new stratosphere as the financial big four pull out all the stops to ensure they are not the ones that miss out. Once that kicks in, they'll have no chance at all.

Its true that they've spent £300 million but they failed to learn the lessons of their most similar statured side side in Spurs, and poor planning, coupled with a naive belief in their own hype, has ensured that when they came to replace Suarez, they had half the clubs in Europe with £ signs in their eyes.

Until Liverpool can attract the sort of paymasters that City have, they will never amount to anything other than Premier League also rans.
Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 19:06 - Oct 5 with 4429 viewsD_Alien

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 18:54 - Oct 5 by ColDale

Liverpool's problem is that football has moved on (for the worse) and has left clubs like them behind. They cannot cope with the earning revenue of United and Arsenal, and their owners cannot afford to throw hundreds of millions at them like they do at City and Chelsea.

And with the real chance of Champions League qualification dropping to three teams, you can't ever see them getting back into what they see as their rightful place. Should it drop to three teams that get Champs League football, you'd assume the spending would hit a whole new stratosphere as the financial big four pull out all the stops to ensure they are not the ones that miss out. Once that kicks in, they'll have no chance at all.

Its true that they've spent £300 million but they failed to learn the lessons of their most similar statured side side in Spurs, and poor planning, coupled with a naive belief in their own hype, has ensured that when they came to replace Suarez, they had half the clubs in Europe with £ signs in their eyes.

Until Liverpool can attract the sort of paymasters that City have, they will never amount to anything other than Premier League also rans.

That's all very true, but whilst there's still four CL places to aim for, all it takes is one of the big four you've mentioned to suffer a drop in standards and Liverpool would rightly see themselves as a club that should be capable of taking their place. That in itself generates income and attracts players who will only sign for clubs involved in the CL plus the spotlight that attracts billionaire backers.

Chelsea will struggle to make up ground, though it's not impossible. On that score, my take on things is the treatment and subsequent resignation of the club's female doctor has seriously undermined Mourinho, reflected in a dressing room that no longer wants to run through brick walls for him.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 19:18 - Oct 5 with 4409 viewsSuddenLad

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 18:54 - Oct 5 by ColDale

You're largely right, but the net spend was only £109 million (only !!) when player sales are accounted for.

The Champions League as we know it will be gone altogether within a decade as a Euro League emerges powered ahead by the richest and most powerful clubs in each member country.

From that point of view, Liverpool have to act now to make the best effort they can, to be in a position to be considered for a seat at the table of the elite when it happens.

Anyone 'locked out' of that little cabal, will be in the football wilderness by comparison. The 'push' has to start now.

As one commentator said today, you can't sell Louis Suarez and replace him with Rickie Lambert and expect to improve your team. Harsh but true.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 21:28 - Oct 5 with 4304 viewsTVOS1907

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 18:46 - Oct 5 by 1mark1

No Dale played tactically in a way that allowed Bradford to play to their strengths, to win the game.

So maybe Bradford's tactics forced Dale into their 'tactical way'.

I'd be very surprised if Bradford weren't top eight (or higher) come the end of the season.

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 21:39 - Oct 5 with 4290 views1mark1

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 21:28 - Oct 5 by TVOS1907

So maybe Bradford's tactics forced Dale into their 'tactical way'.

I'd be very surprised if Bradford weren't top eight (or higher) come the end of the season.

I realise Bradford played well tactically, but the way our defence especially set up, it fell into Bradford's style of play. Maybe they will end up in the top eight, but there is no doubt that we played badly, and our tactics certainly did not hinder them.

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 21:59 - Oct 5 with 4281 viewsTVOS1907

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 21:39 - Oct 5 by 1mark1

I realise Bradford played well tactically, but the way our defence especially set up, it fell into Bradford's style of play. Maybe they will end up in the top eight, but there is no doubt that we played badly, and our tactics certainly did not hinder them.

Yes, we played badly, there's no argument about that, but I thought Bradford were better than they've been given credit for, particularly down the flanks.

I'm not sure our tactics had much to do with it, tbh.

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 22:08 - Oct 5 with 4263 views1mark1

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 21:59 - Oct 5 by TVOS1907

Yes, we played badly, there's no argument about that, but I thought Bradford were better than they've been given credit for, particularly down the flanks.

I'm not sure our tactics had much to do with it, tbh.

Yes they were very good down the flanks, but we will have to agree to disagree as to whether or not our tactics had anything to do with our defeat. And yes Bradford fought very hard, and were a credit to their fans, and club.

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 22:12 - Oct 5 with 4257 viewsTVOS1907

Liverpool sack Brendan Rogers on 22:08 - Oct 5 by 1mark1

Yes they were very good down the flanks, but we will have to agree to disagree as to whether or not our tactics had anything to do with our defeat. And yes Bradford fought very hard, and were a credit to their fans, and club.

Tbh, I leave tactical analysis to the likes of 442 when he's having a day off from kits.

All I know is we played poorly and Bradford played better.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024