Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The ground 18:44 - Oct 5 with 5007 views1907

After what seemed very positive comments at the fans forum by the directors, it's all gone very quiet on the ground front again.
The ground on 19:07 - Oct 5 with 4936 viewsDaleaholic

I'm pretty sure there's a LOT more paperwork involved than we think. A lot of legal documents will need putting together, deeds, declarations, contracts etc...

I'm sure it's happening but the board of directors won't want to announce anything until it's officially ours.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

The ground on 19:07 - Oct 5 with 4931 viewsmingthemerciless

My understanding is there are legal issues involved. Both The Council and The Rugby League are legally obliged to get the best possible deal they can. The football club either can't or won't pay their full asking price. It's a bit of a stalemate at the moment but I do believe the issue will be resolved eventually.
The ground on 19:45 - Oct 5 with 4839 viewsdingdangblue

The ground on 19:07 - Oct 5 by mingthemerciless

My understanding is there are legal issues involved. Both The Council and The Rugby League are legally obliged to get the best possible deal they can. The football club either can't or won't pay their full asking price. It's a bit of a stalemate at the moment but I do believe the issue will be resolved eventually.

Surely the Rugby league fee is sorted? The amount of the loan that the old Hornets defaulted on ? Think it was 60k?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

The ground on 20:43 - Oct 5 with 4710 views1907

The ground on 19:07 - Oct 5 by mingthemerciless

From what was said at the forum apparently the deal was all but done. There must have been some unreported setback...
The ground on 20:45 - Oct 5 with 4704 views442Dale

From the fans forum two months ago:

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/151239/stadium/#12

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The ground on 20:48 - Oct 5 with 4690 viewsDale23years

The ground on 20:45 - Oct 5 by 442Dale

From the fans forum two months ago:

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/151239/stadium/#12

More bull from our club.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

The ground on 21:12 - Oct 5 with 4627 viewsboffley

The ground on 20:48 - Oct 5 by Dale23years

More bull from our club.

Do you know that for a fact? If so then please explain why. If not you would be better not making such statements.without the factual knowledge to back them up.
The ground on 21:29 - Oct 5 with 4580 viewsTVOS1907

The ground on 20:48 - Oct 5 by Dale23years

More bull from our club.

What do you mean by 'more'?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

The ground on 21:41 - Oct 5 with 4549 viewsmingthemerciless

The ground on 19:45 - Oct 5 by dingdangblue

Surely the Rugby league fee is sorted? The amount of the loan that the old Hornets defaulted on ? Think it was 60k?

I think there's more to it than that. The figures I heard mentioned were significantly higher. Like I said earlier it appears that the Rugby Football league are legally bound to get the best price they possibly can. If the football club really want the shares they'll have to pay up.
The ground on 21:48 - Oct 5 with 4536 viewsmingthemerciless

I've absolutely no doubt the deal will go through because all the parties concerning want it to happen. The question is when and how much for. Constant agitation by the football club fans is playing into the Rugby League's hands in my opinion.
The ground on 22:33 - Oct 5 with 4458 views442Dale

The ground on 21:48 - Oct 5 by mingthemerciless

I've absolutely no doubt the deal will go through because all the parties concerning want it to happen. The question is when and how much for. Constant agitation by the football club fans is playing into the Rugby League's hands in my opinion.

How are the RL even aware of what the football club fans are thinking, let alone it playing into their hands?

The ground on 22:43 - Oct 5 with 4434 viewsmingthemerciless

The ground on 22:33 - Oct 5 by 442Dale

How are the RL even aware of what the football club fans are thinking, let alone it playing into their hands?

You don't think they are aware of this debate then ? Of course they know that there is an upward pressure from football club fans onto the directors of the football club to get the deal done. You only have to be able to come on this board and read the posts.
The ground on 22:50 - Oct 5 with 4418 views442Dale

The ground on 22:43 - Oct 5 by mingthemerciless

You don't think they are aware of this debate then ? Of course they know that there is an upward pressure from football club fans onto the directors of the football club to get the deal done. You only have to be able to come on this board and read the posts.

Why would the RL be bothered enough to check the messageboard of a lower league football club? And even if they do, will a few posts from fans really support their position? This has gone on so long that most fans have become a bit bored by it all, hardly pressure. More people asking where it's up to.

We got more annoyed when the fixture board wasn't updated. That's upward pressure.

The ground on 23:24 - Oct 5 with 4372 viewsD_Alien

The ground on 22:43 - Oct 5 by mingthemerciless

If the RL authorities bothered to read this messageboard, what they'd glean is that by and large the Dale board of directors are immune from any pressures applied by fans.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The ground on 02:37 - Oct 6 with 4268 viewspioneer

The ground on 23:24 - Oct 5 by D_Alien

If the RL authorities bothered to read this messageboard, what they'd glean is that by and large the Dale board of directors are immune from any pressures applied by fans.

If as has been suggsted in the past that no party to the stadium deal can simply sell their shares to anybody, but must offer them first to the other parties, this would seriously affect the value of the shares. Under those arrangements it would be difficult to establish a 'market value' because there is next to no market. If the Rfl is limited to selling to either RAFC or RMBC I very much doubt the latter party would offer a price meaning the market value is...well very low.

This is just part of the mess that is the stadium deal, probably a necessary and important compromise at the time but doomed to problems in the long run.
The ground on 08:27 - Oct 6 with 4142 viewsSuggers

For anyone who has worked with solicitors on property transactions you will know that time is not a concept readily understood. Add to that the fact that this transaction involves at least 4 parties (RMBC, RFL, RAFC, Stadium Co) with at least 3 sets of lawyers then the two months since the fans forum is but a moment in time to conclude any deal.

You would be pushed to buy a house in that time never mind conclude a complex commercial transaction.
The ground on 09:58 - Oct 6 with 4049 viewslurker

I know the answer to this, but in view of what is being said above....

If no party to the stadium deal can simply sell their shares to anybody and is legally obliged to receive the best deal possible for them, how on earth did the RFL get their hands on them in the first place?
The ground on 11:48 - Oct 6 with 3947 viewsdingdangblue

The ground on 09:58 - Oct 6 by lurker

I know the answer to this, but in view of what is being said above....

If no party to the stadium deal can simply sell their shares to anybody and is legally obliged to receive the best deal possible for them, how on earth did the RFL get their hands on them in the first place?

Like you say, as most people are aware, the old Hornets borrowed 55k (I think) off RFL and illegally (I think) secured the loan with their Stadium shares. Defaulted on the loan and RFL got the shares. The fact that Dale are now having to pay RFL for these shares is wrong - the old Hornets doing these deals without the Stadium Company's knowledge must have been against the terms in the contract.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

The ground on 15:58 - Oct 6 with 3739 viewsTalkingSutty

The ground on 11:48 - Oct 6 by dingdangblue

Like you say, as most people are aware, the old Hornets borrowed 55k (I think) off RFL and illegally (I think) secured the loan with their Stadium shares. Defaulted on the loan and RFL got the shares. The fact that Dale are now having to pay RFL for these shares is wrong - the old Hornets doing these deals without the Stadium Company's knowledge must have been against the terms in the contract.

I don't see how the transfer of shares between Hornets and the RFL can be a legal transaction, for that to happen it would have had to involve the other Stadium share holders. Transfering shares relating to a Football Stadium would require legal documentation and correspondence with the other shareholders ( The Football Club and RMBC).

I don't see how the RFL can legally hold Hornets shares and those involved with Hornets at the time should hang their heads in shame, what a shady way to act!!
The ground on 16:33 - Oct 6 with 3670 views49thseason

I think this deal is much more complex than a simple shares purchase.

RAFC are also negotiating with RMBC regarding a lease on Bowlee for the Academy. Somewhere in all that is the Stadium Company debt which is currently underwritten by RMBC. My suspicion is that the debt in the Stadium Company will be converted into lease repayments at Bowlee. I am guessing but it would nor surprise me if RAFC are also trying to get some sort of grant from the FA to underwrite the cost of upgrading the facilities at Bowlee.

I think the deal between the RFU and RAFC is already agreed which makes it easier for the shares owned by RMBC to be handed over to RAFC but as anyone who has had dealings with RMBC will know, their idea of a speedy resolution is at odds with everyone else's.

Getting the jigsaw pieces of all this to fall in place in the right order will now be the main problem, I would be surprised if the whole deal didn't take 12-18 months to complete.
The ground on 16:50 - Oct 6 with 3640 viewsBigKindo

The ground on 16:33 - Oct 6 by 49thseason

RAFC are also negotiating with RMBC regarding a lease on Bowlee for the Academy. Somewhere in all that is the Stadium Company debt which is currently underwritten by RMBC. My suspicion is that the debt in the Stadium Company will be converted into lease repayments at Bowlee. I am guessing but it would nor surprise me if RAFC are also trying to get some sort of grant from the FA to underwrite the cost of upgrading the facilities at Bowlee.

I think the deal between the RFU and RAFC is already agreed which makes it easier for the shares owned by RMBC to be handed over to RAFC but as anyone who has had dealings with RMBC will know, their idea of a speedy resolution is at odds with everyone else's.

Getting the jigsaw pieces of all this to fall in place in the right order will now be the main problem, I would be surprised if the whole deal didn't take 12-18 months to complete.

RFU? Surely RFL.
The ground on 17:20 - Oct 6 with 3603 viewsTalkingSutty

The ground on 16:33 - Oct 6 by 49thseason

Thanks for that. I wasn't aware of the Bowlee negotiations or the fact the stadium debt is underwritten by RMBC.
The ground on 17:20 - Oct 6 with 3601 viewspioneer

The ground on 11:48 - Oct 6 by dingdangblue

Do we know it was done without the stadium companies knowledge?
The ground on 19:27 - Oct 6 with 3484 viewsdingdangblue

The ground on 17:20 - Oct 6 by pioneer

Do we know it was done without the stadium companies knowledge?

Yes it was discussed at a fans forum a few years ago but Dunphy said to go to court wasn't in the clubs best interests - they had taken legal advice - it would be a long , drawn out process and costly - but then again this Stadium purchase hasn't exactly been a smooth process has it!

The ground on 21:17 - Oct 6 with 3393 viewsRosun

The ground on 19:27 - Oct 6 by dingdangblue

Yes it was discussed at a fans forum a few years ago but Dunphy said to go to court wasn't in the clubs best interests - they had taken legal advice - it would be a long , drawn out process and costly - but then again this Stadium purchase hasn't exactly been a smooth process has it!

Sounds like it needs to go in front of Judge Rinder.

For those of you who work for a living, cast your mind back to the old Crown Court T.V. series in the 70's ... then mix it up with Jeremy Kyle minus the DNA test results.

FFS - Tommy Piggot was on it last week. No sign of Shirley or the baby!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024