Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) 18:20 - Oct 6 with 12605 viewsChaffRAFC

Dale team:

Lillis
Cannon
Eastham
McNulty
Tanser
Lund
Camps
McDermott
Vincenti
Mendez-Laing
Alessandra

Bench:

Diba
Bennett
RNL
Hooper
BBM

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 21:25 - Oct 6 with 2477 views442Dale

Couldn't really see what happened with the own goal (we were in the Sandy) what went on? Thought Eastham looked solid throughout apart from that.

Alessandra must start on Saturday. He can't do any more.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 21:33 - Oct 6 with 2422 viewsTVOS1907

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 18:53 - Oct 6 by Yorkshire_Dale

Chesterfield have a strong looking line up...........here we go.

Do they?

They were dreadful and only marginally better when they brought Ebanks-Blake on.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 21:37 - Oct 6 with 2379 viewsTVOS1907

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 20:52 - Oct 6 by Yorkshire_Dale

Sheffield United at home please!!!!!!!

Why?

They will arguably be one of the strongest sides in the northern section.

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 21:39 - Oct 6 with 2357 viewsTVOS1907

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 20:54 - Oct 6 by SuddenLad

I thought we played the winners of the Bradford/Barnsley fixture

No, the draw is on Soccer AM on Saturday morning and will now just be split into north and south.

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 21:40 - Oct 6 with 2342 views442Dale

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 21:33 - Oct 6 by TVOS1907

Do they?

They were dreadful and only marginally better when they brought Ebanks-Blake on.

They were absolutely shocking. Complete lack of appetite. There was one stage when we were leading that they let us knock the ball about in midfield and at the back like it was a training game.

I'd be fuming if I was an away fan who'd travelled. That they equalised was ridiculous.

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 21:42 - Oct 6 with 2317 viewsTVOS1907

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 21:40 - Oct 6 by 442Dale

They were absolutely shocking. Complete lack of appetite. There was one stage when we were leading that they let us knock the ball about in midfield and at the back like it was a training game.

I'd be fuming if I was an away fan who'd travelled. That they equalised was ridiculous.

Another successful job by Saunders.

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 21:48 - Oct 6 with 2277 views442Dale

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 21:42 - Oct 6 by TVOS1907

Another successful job by Saunders.

Post from their m/board:

"Just in the car back now. Honestly that was awful, genuinely think we were told to go out there and not try. We barely had a shot and the first half was absolutely gutless let alone lacking in any quality.

If town are banking on some who played tonight to secure the clubs future in and off the pitch financially then we are in trouble.

If Armand plays for us again then it's a huge huge disgrace. Simons, Mani could barely stand up half the game let alone play football. Absolute shambles. Only Tommy again with any credit to his name, and maybe Jones - who at LB was probably our most dangerous player.

The manner of the defeat is disgusting, JPT or not"

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 21:59 - Oct 6 with 2221 viewssweetcorn

Sat in the mongstand, sorry mainstand tonight and its no wonder hilly has no hair left with the bile some of the morons who sit near the dugout shout. In that spell where we kept the ball in midfield and defence for what seemed an age, some idiot starting shouting about how this was no good for the fans and then screaming f**king come on, which got a rather irate reaction from hill. The guy was negative all game and even said vincentti is garbage and offers nothing. Personally wont be going in there again if thats what you've got to contend with.

Mcdermott is an absolute wizard and we need him playing like that all the time, especially whilst henderson is missing. He was superb tonight and at the heart of anything good we did.

Allessandra must start up front next game, looked dangerous and got his goal which i thought he deserved. we play much better football with a pacey mobile striker than the more direct brand of football played with calvin on.

NML looked strong pacey and like he had a good shot on him, could be a top class player for us when he finds his feet.

Good to see eastham back, please leave him in keef.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Login to get fewer ads

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 22:00 - Oct 6 with 2213 viewsdingdangblue

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 21:25 - Oct 6 by BigDaveMyCock

Played really well tonight. Moved the ball around very well and Mendes Lange (ML) and Alessandra provided lots of what was missing on Saturday, movement. Also, there was a wonderful moment at the end where BBM talked ML and RNL through a corner routine. Brilliant one touch play between the three of them. BBM was like a conductor, great to watch. Things I learned today. ML has loads of potential to be special and Alessandar, Tanser and BBM (if you need to see a game out or need a little composure in there) are under-used. Ah, the way the game should be played.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2015 22:02]

Who's this MSL?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 22:05 - Oct 6 with 2174 viewsTVOS1907

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 22:00 - Oct 6 by dingdangblue

Who's this MSL?

Mark Shit Leonard?

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 22:05 - Oct 6 with 2170 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 22:00 - Oct 6 by dingdangblue

Who's this MSL?

Fook knows....major league soccer? Damn this dyslexia. I've amended. Ta.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2015 22:06]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 22:06 - Oct 6 with 2168 viewsdingdangblue

As it stands in the League Tables - Rochdale are the highest placed Northern team left in the competition!
[Post edited 7 Oct 2015 1:45]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 22:14 - Oct 6 with 2120 viewsdingdangblue

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 22:05 - Oct 6 by TVOS1907

Mark Shit Leonard?

Mark Stuarts Leftpeg

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 22:15 - Oct 6 with 2115 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 21:37 - Oct 6 by TVOS1907

Why?

They will arguably be one of the strongest sides in the northern section.

££££££££££££
Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 22:18 - Oct 6 with 2097 viewsTVOS1907

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 22:15 - Oct 6 by Yorkshire_Dale

££££££££££££

From a crowd of about 1500?

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 22:18 - Oct 6 with 2096 views_dezzy

I thought NML and Allesandra did enough to start on Sat, but I reckon we will play Calvin up top for the long ball release of pressure.

KHBA

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 22:42 - Oct 6 with 1964 viewsjimmysbaldhead

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 22:06 - Oct 6 by dingdangblue

As it stands in the League Tables - Rochdale are the highest placed Northern team left in the competition!
[Post edited 7 Oct 2015 1:45]

Gillingham?
Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 23:12 - Oct 6 with 1858 viewsD_Alien

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 22:18 - Oct 6 by _dezzy

I thought NML and Allesandra did enough to start on Sat, but I reckon we will play Calvin up top for the long ball release of pressure.

There's no reason we can't play Calvin without playing it long. As someone else posted, it's not Calvin's fault if his team-mates choose to hoof it to him. His ability to hold the ball and bring others into play is as good as we've had at Dale since COG - there were threads about this less than a fortnight ago. I don't remember a single thread complaining about us using COG as a target man away from home.

Sheff Utd away is a different proposition to a Chesterfield side which by all accounts were going through the motions. Would be great to see Alessandra in the side if Hendo's not fit.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 00:30 - Oct 7 with 1701 viewsSandyman

Much better to watch last night than last Saturday. NML looked dangerous, Vincenti very reliable and a good captain, Alessandra unlucky not to bag a couple more goals. Chesterfield looked very un-Chesterfield like given the talent in their squad, but that'll be the Saunders factor.
Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 01:47 - Oct 7 with 1663 viewsdingdangblue

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 22:42 - Oct 6 by jimmysbaldhead

Gillingham?

Obviously I meant Northern.

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 03:11 - Oct 7 with 1633 viewspioneer

anyone know howplymouth and Oxford both had 9000 plus for their paint pot games?
Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 06:39 - Oct 7 with 1551 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 23:12 - Oct 6 by D_Alien

There's no reason we can't play Calvin without playing it long. As someone else posted, it's not Calvin's fault if his team-mates choose to hoof it to him. His ability to hold the ball and bring others into play is as good as we've had at Dale since COG - there were threads about this less than a fortnight ago. I don't remember a single thread complaining about us using COG as a target man away from home.

Sheff Utd away is a different proposition to a Chesterfield side which by all accounts were going through the motions. Would be great to see Alessandra in the side if Hendo's not fit.

Keith Hill himself complained we were going long far too often after the Burton away game and promptly dropped Calvin for the next game.

Chesterfield would have loved nothing more than us going long trying to find a big man last night and giving up possession to them. We didn't though - thank fook. NML , Lund and McDermott also benefited from not going long as well. They were actually in the game.

Nobody says it's Calvin's fault but the option appears too tempting a lot of the time. Let's try and start the game by playing and then, if it's not working and we've tried everything else, bring him on.
I'd also add that COG was nothing like Calvin. Their role in the team are completely different. COG has more in common with PV - coming in from a wide position. I'm not quite sure where this myth comes from of Andrew holding the ball up well and bringing others into play? His ball retention is average/poor. Last night Alessander held up the ball and distributed it far better than Andrew did on Saturday.
COG himself put his marked improvement down to Hilly not using him as a target man. A more accurate comparison, in terms of role and style of play, would be Andrew and Thorpe or Dele.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2015 9:29]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 08:33 - Oct 7 with 1388 viewsfermin

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 03:11 - Oct 7 by pioneer

anyone know howplymouth and Oxford both had 9000 plus for their paint pot games?

Oxford were playing Swindon, their local rivals. They don't play in the league that often and they hate each other. Here is a bit more:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17224115

Plymouth were playing Exeter, so another local derby.
Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 09:18 - Oct 7 with 1332 viewsdingdangblue

Northern draw:
Dale
York
Morecambe
Fleetwood
Blackpool
Wigan
Sheff Utd
Bradford / Barnsley

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 09:25 - Oct 7 with 1313 viewsParkinsGimp

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 01:47 - Oct 7 by dingdangblue

Obviously I meant Northern.

To be fair you did say Northern , Encouraging signs last night but up against poor opposition by the sounds of it. I couldnt make it with the early start , would of struggled for 7.45.
Not sure Alessandra or Mendez-Laing are good enough and a game in tin pot trophy against a side that doesnt care , cant really count. But might as well give them a go. The next 4 games are crucial and tough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024