Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) 18:20 - Oct 6 with 12601 viewsChaffRAFC

Dale team:

Lillis
Cannon
Eastham
McNulty
Tanser
Lund
Camps
McDermott
Vincenti
Mendez-Laing
Alessandra

Bench:

Diba
Bennett
RNL
Hooper
BBM

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 09:48 - Oct 7 with 1647 viewsdingdangblue

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 09:25 - Oct 7 by ParkinsGimp

To be fair you did say Northern , Encouraging signs last night but up against poor opposition by the sounds of it. I couldnt make it with the early start , would of struggled for 7.45.
Not sure Alessandra or Mendez-Laing are good enough and a game in tin pot trophy against a side that doesnt care , cant really count. But might as well give them a go. The next 4 games are crucial and tough.

The 'Northern' bit was an edit.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 10:45 - Oct 7 with 1563 viewsTVOS1907

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 09:25 - Oct 7 by ParkinsGimp

To be fair you did say Northern , Encouraging signs last night but up against poor opposition by the sounds of it. I couldnt make it with the early start , would of struggled for 7.45.
Not sure Alessandra or Mendez-Laing are good enough and a game in tin pot trophy against a side that doesnt care , cant really count. But might as well give them a go. The next 4 games are crucial and tough.

How do you know they didn't care; you weren't there.

'Encouraging signs', but they aren't good enough.

Make up your mind.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 11:02 - Oct 7 with 1525 viewsDanny1907

Been saying since the start of the season and indeed before the season started, Alessandra is a good signing and a very good player. Start him in the next game Hill, please. Mendez-Laing offers something different too, pacey, strong and willing to run at a defender.

A special mention to Saunders too, for a man as arrogant as he is, he really is an awful manager.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2015 11:02]
Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 11:07 - Oct 7 with 1517 viewsonedalefan

Thought all the 'fringe' players took their opportunity last night to say to KH, 'I am worthy of consideration to start a league match and let me show you what I can do'.
Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 12:14 - Oct 7 with 1431 viewsdingdangblue

Caught the back end of BBC local news last night and running through the results the woman presenter said 'A welcome 3 points for Blackpool at Port Vale' .

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 13:09 - Oct 7 with 1370 viewsfitzochris

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 11:07 - Oct 7 by onedalefan

Thought all the 'fringe' players took their opportunity last night to say to KH, 'I am worthy of consideration to start a league match and let me show you what I can do'.

Certainly sounds that way. Although, by all accounts, the opposition wasn't up to much last night.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 13:32 - Oct 7 with 1330 viewsdingdangblue

Nice to see Mendez Laing involved in a lot - hope he can be a real asset.

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 15:06 - Oct 7 with 1241 viewsD_Alien

Match Fred - Chesterfield at home (Auto windscreens Paint Pot Shield) on 06:39 - Oct 7 by BigDaveMyCock

Keith Hill himself complained we were going long far too often after the Burton away game and promptly dropped Calvin for the next game.

Chesterfield would have loved nothing more than us going long trying to find a big man last night and giving up possession to them. We didn't though - thank fook. NML , Lund and McDermott also benefited from not going long as well. They were actually in the game.

Nobody says it's Calvin's fault but the option appears too tempting a lot of the time. Let's try and start the game by playing and then, if it's not working and we've tried everything else, bring him on.
I'd also add that COG was nothing like Calvin. Their role in the team are completely different. COG has more in common with PV - coming in from a wide position. I'm not quite sure where this myth comes from of Andrew holding the ball up well and bringing others into play? His ball retention is average/poor. Last night Alessander held up the ball and distributed it far better than Andrew did on Saturday.
COG himself put his marked improvement down to Hilly not using him as a target man. A more accurate comparison, in terms of role and style of play, would be Andrew and Thorpe or Dele.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2015 9:29]

Some fair points there, and refreshing to read a balanced view about Calvin without the need to slag him off (don't mean you've slagged him off).

When I referred to him being the best target man since COG, that's not to say he's as good as COG, but now he's fully match fit he's a handful for any L1 defence. Whether used from the start (away at Sheff Utd might be the best option) or held in reserve on the bench, Calvin is a player we should celebrate as a real asset to our squad.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024