Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Estate agents fees 20:37 - Oct 6 with 2670 viewsArthurDaley

Help needed, young Arthur has decided to fly the nest ( about time )
We viewed a house tonight, and the vender has had a bit of trouble with the estate agent, and is going to take it of the market.
We are going back tomorrow to do a bit of negotiation, Has anybody got an idea of how much an EA would charge on a £85/90,000 property.
Thanks in advance.

A large VAT Dave

Estate agents fees on 20:41 - Oct 6 with 2642 viewsD_Alien

Are you thinking you'll cover the EA costs to get the deal back on track? The T&Cs should tell you what the fees are - check on their website.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Estate agents fees on 20:41 - Oct 6 with 2642 viewsSuddenLad

It's usually 1 and a half percent of the value at sale I think.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Estate agents fees on 20:44 - Oct 6 with 2619 viewsDorislove

% + VAT dont forget,its an added 20% they dont seem to tell you about.
Estate agents fees on 20:47 - Oct 6 with 2602 viewsnordenblue

Estate agents fees on 20:41 - Oct 6 by SuddenLad

It's usually 1 and a half percent of the value at sale I think.

It differs wildly depending on location too,and many are open to movement if your willing to argue a bit.
If they're taking it off the market for a private sale im assuming its to save on agent fees so they wont be willing to budge too far on the sale price,always worth asking the question though
Estate agents fees on 20:51 - Oct 6 with 2582 viewsDorislove

Estate agents fees on 20:47 - Oct 6 by nordenblue

It differs wildly depending on location too,and many are open to movement if your willing to argue a bit.
If they're taking it off the market for a private sale im assuming its to save on agent fees so they wont be willing to budge too far on the sale price,always worth asking the question though

Check the T+Cs regarding a private sale when entered in a contract with an estate agent ,it can get a bit messy .
Estate agents fees on 20:51 - Oct 6 with 2581 viewsD_Alien

Be careful though. Someone who's prepared to try and skip the agent's fee (the story about "trouble" may or may not be true) mightn't be straight up about other things too.

[Post edited 6 Oct 2015 20:52]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Estate agents fees on 20:51 - Oct 6 with 2578 viewsSuddenLad

I was trying to give an 'average' really. I know when I was last involved using an estate agent, there was a clause that involved taking the house off the market and any sale within 28 days would invoke the fee charges of 1.5% (plus VAT of course as dorislove points out)

That was designed to prevent/deter you removing the house from the market and selling privately.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Estate agents fees on 20:58 - Oct 6 with 2541 viewsnordenblue

Estate agents fees on 20:51 - Oct 6 by SuddenLad

I was trying to give an 'average' really. I know when I was last involved using an estate agent, there was a clause that involved taking the house off the market and any sale within 28 days would invoke the fee charges of 1.5% (plus VAT of course as dorislove points out)

That was designed to prevent/deter you removing the house from the market and selling privately.

Yes you're spot on with the figure,when i sold in Norden they started about 1.75% and in the end i got it down to 1.25,some companies now offer a set fee to sell though in contrast to the % of the value.
Login to get fewer ads

Estate agents fees on 21:31 - Oct 6 with 2455 viewsCockneyDale

I just sold and paid 1%. It does vary, but I'd say 1.5% is more common.
Estate agents fees on 23:21 - Oct 6 with 2356 viewsArthurDaley

Many thanks to everybody who replied. Some good points raised.

A large VAT Dave

Estate agents fees on 23:34 - Oct 6 with 2334 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Sell through Sarah Beeney's website.........Tepelo Ithink

Much cheaper
Estate agents fees on 15:11 - Oct 7 with 2106 viewsaleanddale

Been a while but is the EA fee the sellers to pay not the buyer.

Not sure the buyer has any EA fee if a first tine buyer.
Estate agents fees on 16:57 - Oct 7 with 2068 viewsnordenblue

Estate agents fees on 15:11 - Oct 7 by aleanddale

Been a while but is the EA fee the sellers to pay not the buyer.

Not sure the buyer has any EA fee if a first tine buyer.

I think he meant if the seller wouldn't have to pay agent fee's are they likely to drop the price if selling privately.
Estate agents fees on 07:36 - Oct 8 with 1947 viewsPDIDDY

In the process of selling my house, got the estate agent down to 1.25%, most are flexible if you ask! the next one I sell! the estate agent said 1k incl vat

Gissa job

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024