Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a delight it was last night 12:15 - Oct 7 with 1705 viewsLongTimeDaleFan

Brilliant to win but even more enjoyable was the way it was won - fast flowing passing football in true Keith Hill Style - gone were the long kicks as in recent games -long may it continue.
What a delight it was last night on 13:48 - Oct 7 with 1551 viewsborntogo

Hmmm, I wouldn't bet on it. Hill has defiantly played it safe this season or tried to, away from home especially (usually unsuccessfully). Also, we've seldom 'gone for it' against the supposed glam sides of the division and I can't see this changing at Sheffield, which, at both United and Wednesday, has been a disaster zone over recent years. I hope I'm wrong but I fully expect a return to type on Saturday and a 1-0 defeat, at best.

There's a reason he hasn't played Tanser, Alessandra et al this season - they don't fit into his current tactics which are working in terms of our league position but often leading to dull, predictable matches. Note: that's why attendances are not improving.

Across football, especially at our level, caution is paramount but perhaps within Hill's squad there lurks a team that can play both attacking, exciting football and pick up points. If he doesn't field this team - outside of quasi-friendlies such as last night's game - he'll never find out.
What a delight it was last night on 14:21 - Oct 7 with 1459 viewsdingdangblue

What a delight it was last night on 13:48 - Oct 7 by borntogo

Hmmm, I wouldn't bet on it. Hill has defiantly played it safe this season or tried to, away from home especially (usually unsuccessfully). Also, we've seldom 'gone for it' against the supposed glam sides of the division and I can't see this changing at Sheffield, which, at both United and Wednesday, has been a disaster zone over recent years. I hope I'm wrong but I fully expect a return to type on Saturday and a 1-0 defeat, at best.

There's a reason he hasn't played Tanser, Alessandra et al this season - they don't fit into his current tactics which are working in terms of our league position but often leading to dull, predictable matches. Note: that's why attendances are not improving.

Across football, especially at our level, caution is paramount but perhaps within Hill's squad there lurks a team that can play both attacking, exciting football and pick up points. If he doesn't field this team - outside of quasi-friendlies such as last night's game - he'll never find out.

Home wins v Peterborough, Barnsley and Shrewsbury haven't been dull and predictable? The way Hill's team plays has got absolutely no bearing on our poor crowds. We were top of league2 twice under Hill and going for the title and our home crowds were still dire - playing the best football ever seen at Spotland at times.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

What a delight it was last night on 14:22 - Oct 7 with 1455 viewsTVOS1907

What a delight it was last night on 13:48 - Oct 7 by borntogo

The home games, arguably Scunthorpe excepted, have hardly been 'dull and predictable'.

Alessandra was signed in the summer when Hill would have formulated how he was going to approach the campaign. The good start to the season scoring-wise and the contributions made by other attacking players have limited Alessandra's chances thus far.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024