Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 1992301 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:21 - Nov 9 with 6348 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:39 - Nov 6 by judd

If the case does get listed in the Gazette on Monday then their bank are obliged to freeze their accounts, as I understand it.

bury lot are saying its not listed today. No panic, misunderstanding, its all been paid, carry on as normal.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:36 - Nov 9 with 6301 viewsBigDaveMyCock

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:47 - Nov 7 by 442Dale

http://www.gigglane.com/showthread.php/26690-Questions-for-Joy-Forever-Bury/page

"Our view at FB is that there is no money owing to HMRC. If the hearing does take place on 16 November, it will be dismissed for that reason. We will want to know more as to why this came to be in the first place, that is concerning in itself. I would not rest until I knew chapter and verse why HMRC are threatening a WUO, mistakenly or otherwise. But the most immediate thing is we have been assured we do not owe HMRC unpaid tax."

So will they be finding out why and letting their members know?

This is quite an astonishing statement. Rather than stating that they will be making enquiries and contacting the RCJ for verification they have gone 'all in' by stating that it's in FB's opinion that Bury owe no money to the HMRC. Based on what exactly? The word of Thomas FFS? They may be right but wait for independent verification first. They still look like they're believing everything they're told.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:37 - Nov 9 with 6306 viewsaleanddale

Ah that's fine then....

All good down at giggle!!

Surprised any business wants to be associated with a club who so openly allow debts to drift to the last possible moment before paying anything.

What a shitty way to treat your suppliers. Sums the milky bar kid and his cronies up to a tee.

Smacks of hand to mouth existence.... Would only take a run of poor results and the house of cards could come crashing down.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:00 - Nov 9 with 6275 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:37 - Nov 9 by aleanddale

Ah that's fine then....

All good down at giggle!!

Surprised any business wants to be associated with a club who so openly allow debts to drift to the last possible moment before paying anything.

What a shitty way to treat your suppliers. Sums the milky bar kid and his cronies up to a tee.

Smacks of hand to mouth existence.... Would only take a run of poor results and the house of cards could come crashing down.

There are more pressing matters down at gigg than HMRC petitions and CCJ's - apparently BBC during the highlights programme announced Wigan an 'former FA Cup Winners'!!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:44 - Nov 9 with 6076 viewsD_BFC

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:55 - Nov 7 by Daley_Lama

The last thing i would advise Bury fans to do is join Forever Bury.

Forever Bury had their chance and they blew it. They orchestrated a NO vote from shareholders against a re-stucturing of the club.

They did a 180 degree turn last minute and voted YES on behalf of shareholders without consultation who had previously granted them power to represent as a NO vote.

The rest is history. The board was re-structured, the number of shares in the club was increased to a) marginalise existing shareholders influence and b) strenghthen Day's position.

I have sympathy for Joy, i 100% believe she has/had only good intentions but as far as i can see, FB misrepresented shareholders at the one time they could stand up and that chance will never come again.

Good post.

Rob ("Mr Sitter") is a master at long rambling "statements" that actually tell you nothing. Teasingly refers to "promising news" and delivers none.

He posts what has / is happening and someone questions it so he responds "oh sorry I was tired, I meant the opposite". Then when that gets questioned he changes again.

I have to trust FB because the other option is trusting Glenn Thomas, but they make it difficult. Unfortunately I'm struggling to lose the resentment I've held ever since the U-turn.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:10 - Nov 9 with 6037 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:44 - Nov 9 by D_BFC

Good post.

Rob ("Mr Sitter") is a master at long rambling "statements" that actually tell you nothing. Teasingly refers to "promising news" and delivers none.

He posts what has / is happening and someone questions it so he responds "oh sorry I was tired, I meant the opposite". Then when that gets questioned he changes again.

I have to trust FB because the other option is trusting Glenn Thomas, but they make it difficult. Unfortunately I'm struggling to lose the resentment I've held ever since the U-turn.

Reading Joy Harts posts on the bury forum there's a few things unexplained.
She says "I never wished to resign" - why did she then?

She also contradicts herself regarding the 'Resignation' saying that the other board members threatened to remove her within 48 hours ?

"As for Forever Bury's u turn, this was done at the last minute solely for the good of all concerned after new evidence was put before us. We all jointly made that decision in good faith as has been stated many times."

- new evidence of what?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:23 - Nov 9 with 6005 viewsBigDaveMyCock

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:10 - Nov 9 by dingdangblue

She also contradicts herself regarding the 'Resignation' saying that the other board members threatened to remove her within 48 hours ?

"As for Forever Bury's u turn, this was done at the last minute solely for the good of all concerned after new evidence was put before us. We all jointly made that decision in good faith as has been stated many times."

- new evidence of what?

One thing is obvious from this whole sorry saga. Despite their good intentions, Joy and Mr Sitter are well out of their depth. Mr Thomas I suspect knows that and must thank his lucky stars that they've fallen into his lap.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:34 - Nov 9 with 5984 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:10 - Nov 9 by dingdangblue

- new evidence of what?

Absolutely. She also stated that if she hadn't resigned, it'd have taken an EGM to oust her.

If she was in the right, why not call their bluff? I expect there'd be thousands of Bury fans who'd welcome the opportunity of an EGM!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:36 - Nov 9 with 5976 viewsaleanddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:44 - Nov 9 by D_BFC

Good post.

Fair play D_bFC pretty balanced that.

Your input as this tragic saga unravels is welcome.

It's your type I genuinely have sympathy for.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:43 - Nov 9 with 5959 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:34 - Nov 9 by D_Alien

Absolutely. She also stated that if she hadn't resigned, it'd have taken an EGM to oust her.

If she was in the right, why not call their bluff? I expect there'd be thousands of Bury fans who'd welcome the opportunity of an EGM!

Day probably threatened to evict them from their portacabin on the car park - the one they handed over 10 grand last Saturday to keep parked.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:56 - Nov 9 with 5859 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:43 - Nov 9 by dingdangblue

Day probably threatened to evict them from their portacabin on the car park - the one they handed over 10 grand last Saturday to keep parked.

I was dumbfounded when I read that on their MB.

As I see it, FB were well aware of all the financial difficulties, with many necessary questions remaining unanswered and they go and part with £10,000 of donated funds, which has been raised by lots of volunteers in many ways.

I'd be utterly pi$$ed off if that £10k has been poured down a bottomless pit of debt and no benefit comes of it. I think I'd be holding on to that money to see what happens in the near future. It could be gone forever.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2015 13:58]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:06 - Nov 9 with 5824 viewsD_BFC

Imagine being in the ground at half time when FB hand the cheque over on the pitch! It provoked little reaction around me - vocally anyway - but I couldn't believe it.

Apparently (i.e. according to FB posters on the message board) it has to go to specific departments - i.e. this £10k is for the youth setup - but I'd be amazed if there's any way they can ensure it'll be ring fenced for that.

Ian Kendall, the director who keeps the lowest profile, gratefully accepted the cheque. Although with Foulds sold, Ruddy being scouted and Scott Burgess appearing from the bench, you could argue he's the only one successfully doing what he says he will.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:11 - Nov 9 with 5807 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:06 - Nov 9 by D_BFC

Imagine being in the ground at half time when FB hand the cheque over on the pitch! It provoked little reaction around me - vocally anyway - but I couldn't believe it.

Apparently (i.e. according to FB posters on the message board) it has to go to specific departments - i.e. this £10k is for the youth setup - but I'd be amazed if there's any way they can ensure it'll be ring fenced for that.

Ian Kendall, the director who keeps the lowest profile, gratefully accepted the cheque. Although with Foulds sold, Ruddy being scouted and Scott Burgess appearing from the bench, you could argue he's the only one successfully doing what he says he will.

Unless there are distinctly separate financial arrangements in pace for the youth setup, I don't see how the £10k could be ring-fenced.

Of course, the 'actual' cheque may be written in the name of a different entity (i.e. Bury Youth Development ) but if it was simply written for BFC, it will doubtless swallowed up into the chasm that already exists.

What assurances were sought or demanded before the donation was made I wonder ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:16 - Nov 9 with 5712 viewskill_knill

It did not help that FB sold out and appointed Wob to their board.

Thomas had already had meetings with said man...as referred to in Wobs owns posts, prior to his active involvement with FB.

FB are a spent force.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQueApoorkM

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:06 - Nov 9 with 5544 views442Dale

What I posted on Saturday is what supporters organisations should do. It's also what members of those organisations should be doing too.

I'm not in the least surprised at the latest turn of events, but the only way it changes is by the members challenging those that represent them. And they do this properly and insist their own questions are answered in public. If not, forget the football club, call for an EGM of the organisation.

Why are these decisions around payments of cheques or who is actually the FB rep who works with the board not voted for by the members? What if the majority of members don't agree with the current working agreement?

The amount of times we've seen the comment "but what can I do about it?" by individual fans is answered by the above: you join and then challenge your own supporters organisation. It's a start.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:16 - Nov 9 with 5523 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:06 - Nov 9 by 442Dale

What I posted on Saturday is what supporters organisations should do. It's also what members of those organisations should be doing too.

I'm not in the least surprised at the latest turn of events, but the only way it changes is by the members challenging those that represent them. And they do this properly and insist their own questions are answered in public. If not, forget the football club, call for an EGM of the organisation.

Why are these decisions around payments of cheques or who is actually the FB rep who works with the board not voted for by the members? What if the majority of members don't agree with the current working agreement?

The amount of times we've seen the comment "but what can I do about it?" by individual fans is answered by the above: you join and then challenge your own supporters organisation. It's a start.

I think Mr Sitter said he would have rather not given the cheque at this moment..........but members voted to hand it over. I guess it was all arranged before the news broke on Friday about the late HMRC payment.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:17 - Nov 9 with 5518 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:16 - Nov 9 by dingdangblue

I think Mr Sitter said he would have rather not given the cheque at this moment..........but members voted to hand it over. I guess it was all arranged before the news broke on Friday about the late HMRC payment.

All the members of FB were asked or just the FB board? That's a genuine question btw.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:39 - Nov 9 with 5473 viewsTalkingSutty

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:17 - Nov 9 by 442Dale

All the members of FB were asked or just the FB board? That's a genuine question btw.

It is a genuine question, when in reality the money is raised by the members/supporters.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:42 - Nov 9 with 5461 viewsdingdangblue

I'm sure he said members - its one of the threads on their forum if you wanna check.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:52 - Nov 9 with 5431 viewsdingdangblue

It says the FB Board ! So just a select few chose to make the "Donation......sorry Investment (ahem)".

It was R11 speaking about Mr Sitter:

I'm losing the will(!) but more than happy to confirm that you personally would have held off with the £10K donation and i'm sure some of the other FB Board members would have done too (well i hope so anyway!)...just a shame the majority of the FB Board didnt agree.

As DLT suggests, FB should have got formal confirmation the tax bill has been paid and also that all the CCJs have been paid off or at least progressing to be paid off. Not least because of the way the BFC Board have treated the FB Board in the past - once bitten, twice shy and all that...
[Post edited 9 Nov 2015 18:57]

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:23 - Nov 9 with 5397 views442Dale

"Keith, in advance of this Cup tie, could you comment on your mate's interview about their budget?"

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:33 - Nov 9 with 5334 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:23 - Nov 9 by 442Dale

"Keith, in advance of this Cup tie, could you comment on your mate's interview about their budget?"

"David, in advance of this Cup tie, is there a difference between fielding a player illegally, and immorally?"

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:39 - Nov 9 with 5283 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:23 - Nov 9 by 442Dale

Point of order.

"Keith, matey, in advance of this Cup tie, could you comment on your matey's interview about their budget?"

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:44 - Nov 9 with 5246 views442Dale

"Forever Bury, in advance of this cup tie, will your fangs have progressed to cobra-like levels?"

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:46 - Nov 9 with 5232 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:44 - Nov 9 by 442Dale

"Forever Bury, in advance of this cup tie, will your fangs have progressed to cobra-like levels?"

Isn't it difficult to suck up with fangs?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024