Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 1998495 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:32 - Jan 18 with 6549 viewsleonardrafc

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:54 - Jan 18 by Buryyyy

Here's an idea Rochdale fans, why not focus on your own club instead of obsessing over ours. Last two home games postponed for you lot and on crowds of 2,200 cash flow will be an issue, Hendersons wages won't come cheap.

And before anyone says "obsessed yet posting on a Rochdale messageboard", it's pretty much just Bury's other messageboard! I bet you get more Bury fans reading this site than Rochdale!

What is our average gate this season? Can you google that for me and post your findings on here?

Leon Clarke will have earnt more in goal bonuses on Saturday than Henderson does in a week.

Is your name Stefan by any chance?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:35 - Jan 18 with 6530 viewsdingdangblue

Here's an idea Rochdale fans, why not focus on your own club instead of obsessing over ours. Last two home games postponed for you lot and on crowds of 2,200 cash flow will be an issue, Hendersons wages won't come cheap.

And before anyone says "obsessed yet posting on a Rochdale messageboard", it's pretty much just Bury's other messageboard! I bet you get more Bury fans reading this site than Rochdale!

Henderson is worth whatever we pay him ( and it wont be above the odds I can assure you) , he plays more or less every game and is our top scorer and best player. Your rabble hand out 3 year contracts to the likes of Tom Pope on 4 grand a week and he doesn't even get a game!
[Post edited 18 Jan 2016 12:41]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:39 - Jan 18 with 6520 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:04 - Jan 18 by robbowood

A very sensible post on the Bury forum

I've stayed quite on the financial debate so far, mainly due to my lack of knowledge on how corporate businesses and football clubs are run, but this is getting seriously worrying now. Mr Day & Mr Thomas have to answer some serious questions which I would hope are going to be put to them by FB.

Bury FC has been part of my life since I was 10 years old, over thirty years now, and it's now also a part of my sons life. Despite the frustrations on the pitch over the years, I don't want that to change. If the board are genuinely putting the long term stability of the club at risk, please come out and tell us, so that we as supporters can at least prepare for the worst. No more deceit, no more cloak and dagger, let's work together to try to solve what's going on. FB have to be at the forefront of this, and I'm sure they will be.

One thing I don't understand is, what are Day & Co set to gain out of running the club like this? Taking us millions into debt won't do much for their future business aspirations, the ground isn't the sellable asset most thought it was. So what are they set to gain?

Come on Stewie, it really is time for answers now. The fans will be around a lot longer than you will, we are the lifeblood of the club, always have been, always will be. It's time to realise it shouldn't be 'us and them' anymore.

Respect, robbowood

Despite the idiotic posts from most bury fans on here (this thread is full of them) you've shown there are people who deserve to have a football club to be able to support for years to come

It really doesn't look good, does it? Day has set out in previous interviews what he stands to gain from using your club as both a tool for financial leverage (due to the arcane rules around football finance, which seem to offer major advantages over the usual rules that apply in the business world) and also the kudos he gets when making deals elsewhere i.e. it's a selling point to be the chairman of a club in the FL. But for that to work, the club has got to keep moving up the tables and he's throwing the kitchen sink at trying to ensure that happens. The rewards from promotion to the championship will enable even greater financial shenanigans within his businesses.

It'll all come crashing down unless Flitcroft (the useful idiot in all of this) turns their form around. It's a very slow-motion car crash, and Flitcroft's fine history with Dale makes it fascinating but hideous viewing.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:39 - Jan 18 with 6518 viewsTVOS1907

Here's an idea, try getting your facts right.

Our last two home games weren't postponed.

Hendo's wages - ever heard of players like Craig Dawson, Matty Done, Scott Hogan, etc....?

Or three live TV games in the last 12 months?

Or reaching the fourth round of the FA Cup in 2014 & 2015?

Or not spending what you haven't got?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2016 12:45]

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:44 - Jan 18 with 6462 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:39 - Jan 18 by TVOS1907

Here's an idea, try getting your facts right.

Our last two home games weren't postponed.

Hendo's wages - ever heard of players like Craig Dawson, Matty Done, Scott Hogan, etc....?

Or three live TV games in the last 12 months?

Or reaching the fourth round of the FA Cup in 2014 & 2015?

Or not spending what you haven't got?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2016 12:45]

And add around 1000 to that average crowd.

Average crowds before last wkend.

1 Sheffield United 20,074
2 Bradford City 18,011
3 Coventry City 13,178
4 Barnsley FC 9,136
5 Millwall FC 9,093
6 Wigan Athletic 8,487
7 Swindon Town 7,390
8 Blackpool FC 6,771
9 Chesterfield FC 6,567
10 Southend United 6,511
11 Doncaster Rvrs 6,276
12 Gillingham FC 6,096
13 Peterborough 5,603
14 Walsall FC 5,346
15 Shrewsbury 5,303
16 Port Vale FC 4,868
17 Crewe 4,572
18 Bury FC 4,353
19 Oldham Athletic 4,264
20 Colchester 4,101
21 Scun thorpe 3,753
22 Burton Albion 3,742
23 Fleetwood Town 3,403
24 Rochdale AFC 3,225
[Post edited 18 Jan 2016 12:46]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:17 - Jan 18 with 6343 viewsBigKindo

A check on Companies House shows there to be 7 out-standing charges e.g. loans. Five loans are owed to commercial lenders i.e. not the high street banks, one to the PFA from when, perhaps, they paid the wages over the summer months in 2013 and one to SG Sports Management Ltd. M/s Day and Thomas's company which invested in Bury Football Club Ltd. SG 's documentation shows it to be a mortgage debenture. In all cases it appears that the freehold, buildings, goodwill etc at Gigg Lane are used as collateral. Just how many times can the same asset be used to underwrite a debt?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:48 - Jan 18 with 6254 viewsaleanddale

Ha ha ha

Oh the wonderful irony in this post.

A new level of stupid.

Pale Dale esq... It has to be the same person?

Or has Colin Bell got another made up user name?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:02 - Jan 18 with 6143 viewsdingdangblue

There are some "Special (Human beings) fans" down the road, my personal favourite is.....

Posted by bullockballamos

I somehow don't think we are losing that much this season - if we beat Bradford and progress together with the increase in crowds, sponsorship etc - plus the sale of Foulds we may even return a small profit this season! A modest loss will be recorded if we do not progress in the cup.
The figures that will be eye watering will be 2014-2015 mainly due to past mega debts!!

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:57 - Jan 18 with 6072 viewsSuddenLad

Latest addition to the Bury thread reads as follows:

"My mate's a barrister in London, very experienced in WUOs and WUPs. He's seen Bury FC bit in the Gazette, and emailed me this...........

This is simply no way to run a business --Once a winding up petition is advertised, the bank freezes the company's accounts. Nothing in and nothing out. You can only continue the business if someone else keeps paying the creditors - there is an expensive alternative where you go to the Court for permission to run the bank accounts on a limited basis, but nobody allows it to get as far as a petition assuming that the bank accounts can still be used".

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:41 - Jan 18 with 6011 viewsBigKindo

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:57 - Jan 18 by SuddenLad

"My mate's a barrister in London, very experienced in WUOs and WUPs. He's seen Bury FC bit in the Gazette, and emailed me this...........

This is simply no way to run a business --Once a winding up petition is advertised, the bank freezes the company's accounts. Nothing in and nothing out. You can only continue the business if someone else keeps paying the creditors - there is an expensive alternative where you go to the Court for permission to run the bank accounts on a limited basis, but nobody allows it to get as far as a petition assuming that the bank accounts can still be used".

And yet Bolton have got a stay of execution owing HMRC £ 2.2 million which would pay for how many doctors or nurses?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:48 - Jan 18 with 5987 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:41 - Jan 18 by BigKindo

And yet Bolton have got a stay of execution owing HMRC £ 2.2 million which would pay for how many doctors or nurses?

Delaying the inevitable, I fear for Bolton.

In any case, I reckon Bury's debts may well exceed that figure when it all finally unravels.

As mentioned earlier, this constant mention of £172.9 mllion debt at Bolton is a myth. It's not a debt that they 'owe' it's the amount b which they've been 'bankrolled' by a wealthy private donor. No requirement to repay.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:56 - Jan 18 with 5963 viewsDomDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:57 - Jan 18 by SuddenLad

Depends on how closely the bank monitors it's customers. You'd expect very closeely. Smaller creditors (catering and the ilk) should also find it very easy to monitor their debtor in this day and age with online credit monitoring software.

If what BFC claim is true and outstanding HMRC bill has been paid then they will have applied (and been granted) a Validation Order to continue using their bank account(s). Same with BWFC I guess if they're now paying players . However as I understand it if the bank has cause for concern that the business *IS* indeed trading insolvent it will freeze the account again as any transactions whilst the biz is insolvent can be deemed void and the bank can be made liable.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:06 - Jan 18 with 5922 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:56 - Jan 18 by DomDale

Depends on how closely the bank monitors it's customers. You'd expect very closeely. Smaller creditors (catering and the ilk) should also find it very easy to monitor their debtor in this day and age with online credit monitoring software.

If what BFC claim is true and outstanding HMRC bill has been paid then they will have applied (and been granted) a Validation Order to continue using their bank account(s). Same with BWFC I guess if they're now paying players . However as I understand it if the bank has cause for concern that the business *IS* indeed trading insolvent it will freeze the account again as any transactions whilst the biz is insolvent can be deemed void and the bank can be made liable.

I'd imagine with Bury's track record of financial misdeeds, there will be 'very close' scrutiny of their CCJ and WUP situation.

I'm amazed (but not surprised) that there is no update from Giggle Lane today. How can thry retain the confidence of commercial partners and customers whilst all this uncertainty hangs over them ?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:33 - Jan 18 with 5854 viewsDaleiLama

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:06 - Jan 18 by SuddenLad

I'd imagine with Bury's track record of financial misdeeds, there will be 'very close' scrutiny of their CCJ and WUP situation.

I'm amazed (but not surprised) that there is no update from Giggle Lane today. How can thry retain the confidence of commercial partners and customers whilst all this uncertainty hangs over them ?

Keynesian economics didn't give the answer they wanted so they switched to a less successful financial model called ostrich economics.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:09 - Jan 18 with 5787 views442Dale

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35346706

Radio Manchester on the case. Mateytastic.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:01 - Jan 18 with 5640 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:09 - Jan 18 by 442Dale

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35346706

Radio Manchester on the case. Mateytastic.

Great quote:
"Chairman Stewart Day was part of the consortium that took over Bury in 2013 when they were struggling financially"....................................and now they are?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:41 - Jan 18 with 5572 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:02 - Jan 18 by dingdangblue

There are some "Special (Human beings) fans" down the road, my personal favourite is.....

Posted by bullockballamos

I somehow don't think we are losing that much this season - if we beat Bradford and progress together with the increase in crowds, sponsorship etc - plus the sale of Foulds we may even return a small profit this season! A modest loss will be recorded if we do not progress in the cup.
The figures that will be eye watering will be 2014-2015 mainly due to past mega debts!!

Another belter:

Posted by AndyBarls

Surely the crowds aren't important. We have been told that :-

a) The Chairman has a personal wealth of some £32m plus after selling some assets - didn't GT go to press with this?
b) There are benefactors - didn't Colin Bell meet/ see them at an away ground?
c) A stadium sponsorship that Shaker Ryan I believe told us was worth millions, and when that one ended it was because of an even bigger deal in the offing?
c) Club employees and some message boarders with inside knowledge telling all not to be so stupid and enjoy the ride

With such riches at our disposal why the worry?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:48 - Jan 18 with 5544 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:41 - Jan 18 by dingdangblue

Another belter:

Posted by AndyBarls

Surely the crowds aren't important. We have been told that :-

a) The Chairman has a personal wealth of some £32m plus after selling some assets - didn't GT go to press with this?
b) There are benefactors - didn't Colin Bell meet/ see them at an away ground?
c) A stadium sponsorship that Shaker Ryan I believe told us was worth millions, and when that one ended it was because of an even bigger deal in the offing?
c) Club employees and some message boarders with inside knowledge telling all not to be so stupid and enjoy the ride

With such riches at our disposal why the worry?

Ah, the famous Colin Bell, AKA PDIDDY. He'll be glad his word is being taken as part of gospel!

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:09 - Jan 18 with 5496 viewsnordenblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:48 - Jan 18 by TVOS1907

Ah, the famous Colin Bell, AKA PDIDDY. He'll be glad his word is being taken as part of gospel!

His name couldn't be any more apt
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:35 - Jan 19 with 5303 viewsaleanddale

And something closer to the truth.

They just don't get that Day has fook all of his own money it's all loans!!

From an alleged club insider below.

The club are seriously struggling for money. Crisis talk today with the first team to let them know they must win tomorrow as we need the money desperately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#milkybars

#enjoyingtheride
[Post edited 19 Jan 2016 7:40]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:07 - Jan 19 with 5272 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:35 - Jan 19 by aleanddale

And something closer to the truth.

They just don't get that Day has fook all of his own money it's all loans!!

From an alleged club insider below.

The club are seriously struggling for money. Crisis talk today with the first team to let them know they must win tomorrow as we need the money desperately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#milkybars

#enjoyingtheride
[Post edited 19 Jan 2016 7:40]

No pressure then eh?!?
I've never been a great fan of Bradford City FC but..........

COME ON YOU BANTAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:12 - Jan 19 with 5268 viewsAndyBarls

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:48 - Jan 18 by TVOS1907

You seem to be ignorant of context. Whilst it is tempting to think that all Bury fans and messageboard users are blinkered, it might be a surprise to you that there exists a large cadre of supporters who have concerns and in fact do an awful lot of work in the background to expose the apparent running of the club.

As one of those whose names appeared in the Bury Times many months ago, my post was a reminder to those you seek to tease, of the claims made both those hopeful fans.

A gentle remember that there are professional, intelligent supporters of Bury FC whilst you choose to play with the more parochial ones.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:17 - Jan 19 with 5259 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:12 - Jan 19 by AndyBarls

You seem to be ignorant of context. Whilst it is tempting to think that all Bury fans and messageboard users are blinkered, it might be a surprise to you that there exists a large cadre of supporters who have concerns and in fact do an awful lot of work in the background to expose the apparent running of the club.

As one of those whose names appeared in the Bury Times many months ago, my post was a reminder to those you seek to tease, of the claims made both those hopeful fans.

A gentle remember that there are professional, intelligent supporters of Bury FC whilst you choose to play with the more parochial ones.

Unfortunately they (the parochial ones) aren't listening to you.

Edit: I think you should have replied to dingdangblue
[Post edited 19 Jan 2016 8:18]

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:25 - Jan 19 with 5248 viewsAndyBarls

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:17 - Jan 19 by TVOS1907

Unfortunately they (the parochial ones) aren't listening to you.

Edit: I think you should have replied to dingdangblue
[Post edited 19 Jan 2016 8:18]

Did you not say that Colin Bell would be pleased his word is part of the Gospel? Missing the context ?

Of course they are not listening, the same that many of your fans would not want to listen in a similar predicament. It is human nature to hope! Now they will be feeling a little sensitive because that in which they believe(d) doesn't look so certain any more.

That is why many of the sensible fans only post occasionally on that message board as frankly it is a waste of time and effort.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:32 - Jan 19 with 5229 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:25 - Jan 19 by AndyBarls

Did you not say that Colin Bell would be pleased his word is part of the Gospel? Missing the context ?

Of course they are not listening, the same that many of your fans would not want to listen in a similar predicament. It is human nature to hope! Now they will be feeling a little sensitive because that in which they believe(d) doesn't look so certain any more.

That is why many of the sensible fans only post occasionally on that message board as frankly it is a waste of time and effort.

Not missing the context at all, we've had years of PDIDDY on here so we know his ways.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024