Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 1997836 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:13 - Jul 28 with 7540 viewsaleanddale

Reality is they could not afford him.

Put him on a three year deal as well.

Gone for peanuts as the gigglers had no choice due to not being able to pay him.

Cutting cloth AND will still make a 6 figure loss.

Incredible mis management applauded by the majority over there.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:28 - Jul 28 with 7258 viewsmacro

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:13 - Jul 28 by aleanddale

Reality is they could not afford him.

Put him on a three year deal as well.

Gone for peanuts as the gigglers had no choice due to not being able to pay him.

Cutting cloth AND will still make a 6 figure loss.

Incredible mis management applauded by the majority over there.

Clubcall Keith saying that Clarke had huge pay increases in his bury deal year on year and sheff Utd couldn't match them. That's why he got a 3 year deal with the Blades. Sounds like Clarke had the most ridiculous contract at Gigg lane and reading in between the lines popes isn't far off it.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:36 - Jul 28 with 7172 views100notout

so he had to take a wage cut to go because SUFC couldn't match his wages!!!!!!!!! You couldn't make it up!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:10 - Jul 28 with 7051 viewsnordenblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:36 - Jul 28 by 100notout

so he had to take a wage cut to go because SUFC couldn't match his wages!!!!!!!!! You couldn't make it up!

Sounds like a bottom 3 budget to me.....
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:18 - Jul 28 with 7035 viewsTalkingSutty

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:10 - Jul 28 by nordenblue

Sounds like a bottom 3 budget to me.....

.....and that's why Flitcroft loses all credibility. He's lost a grip on reality and he's making himself look and sound daft. #gobbledygook
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:43 - Jul 29 with 6847 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:36 - Jul 28 by 100notout

From Sheffield Utd end:
£125,000 transfer and £5000 per week 3 year deal.
They say he was on £6000 per week at bury.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:46 - Jul 29 with 6844 viewsaleanddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:43 - Jul 29 by dingdangblue

From Sheffield Utd end:
£125,000 transfer and £5000 per week 3 year deal.
They say he was on £6000 per week at bury.

And pope similar!!

620k per annum on a front 2!

Madness.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:03 - Jul 29 with 6755 viewsColDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:46 - Jul 29 by aleanddale

And pope similar!!

620k per annum on a front 2!

Madness.

Even more so when you can't play the two of them together
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:34 - Jul 29 with 6501 viewsdingdangblue

Another charge against gigg lane.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00053268/charges

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:55 - Jul 30 with 6335 viewsBartRowou

Can someone explain how Bury got round Financial Fair Play Rules for last season if they were paying Clarke and Pope the best part of half a million in wages?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:16 - Jul 30 with 6431 viewsaleanddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:55 - Jul 30 by BartRowou

Can someone explain how Bury got round Financial Fair Play Rules for last season if they were paying Clarke and Pope the best part of half a million in wages?

Plenty of

#smoke

And

#mirrors

Like the jungle book snake never look into days spinning eyes!!!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:58 - Jul 30 with 6385 viewsmacro

Loans as income I'd expect
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:22 - Jul 30 with 6350 viewsdingdangblue

The limit for allowable losses that can be covered by the owners’ equity conversion - buying more shares - has risen from £5m to £13m.
Also they revalued the ground at 6 million I think? There are ways around it if you are prepared to waste that much money.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:00 - Jul 30 with 6262 views1mark1

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:22 - Jul 30 by dingdangblue

The limit for allowable losses that can be covered by the owners’ equity conversion - buying more shares - has risen from £5m to £13m.
Also they revalued the ground at 6 million I think? There are ways around it if you are prepared to waste that much money.

About time football league clubs were not allowed these false accounting type things.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:12 - Aug 1 with 6005 viewsdingdangblue

Flicker not happy with Keith Maddock it seems! There's not another Leon Clarke out there. Dave Bayliss new is their new chief scout getting 'Intel' !!?? , playing great behind closed doors, they are going to have an economical week? Does that mean not paying bills?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:41 - Aug 1 with 5949 viewsaleanddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:12 - Aug 1 by dingdangblue

Flicker not happy with Keith Maddock it seems! There's not another Leon Clarke out there. Dave Bayliss new is their new chief scout getting 'Intel' !!?? , playing great behind closed doors, they are going to have an economical week? Does that mean not paying bills?

Wow

Just wow.

That interview is triple wow wow wow!!!!!

flicker installing things into players!! Like computers !!

Think he means instill!!!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:18 - Aug 2 with 5705 viewsAtThePeake

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:12 - Aug 1 by dingdangblue

Is it me or did he just suggest they've signed a midfielder who scored 2 goals in 52 games for his last club to try and bring more goals in because Leon Clarke was leaving?

The man is a clown. Listening to that I can't believe he was part of the success we had in Hill's first spell.

Tangled up in blue.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:27 - Aug 2 with 5628 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:18 - Aug 2 by AtThePeake

Is it me or did he just suggest they've signed a midfielder who scored 2 goals in 52 games for his last club to try and bring more goals in because Leon Clarke was leaving?

The man is a clown. Listening to that I can't believe he was part of the success we had in Hill's first spell.

I wonder if Hilly still speaks with him on a regular basis? What on earth must he think when he hears such bullshit?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:58 - Aug 2 with 5451 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:27 - Aug 2 by D_Alien

I wonder if Hilly still speaks with him on a regular basis? What on earth must he think when he hears such bullshit?

I'm really miffed I didn't ask him about his relationship with flicker these days at the forum last week, it was one of the questions I'd had in my mind beforehand. He is his best mate and he's described him as family so I imagine they still keep in touch and see each other regularly. They must not discuss football matters too indepth though as they are at rival clubs so it must be awkward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:05 - Aug 2 with 5443 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:58 - Aug 2 by dingdangblue

I'm really miffed I didn't ask him about his relationship with flicker these days at the forum last week, it was one of the questions I'd had in my mind beforehand. He is his best mate and he's described him as family so I imagine they still keep in touch and see each other regularly. They must not discuss football matters too indepth though as they are at rival clubs so it must be awkward?

Good point, and maybe they've come to some kind of agreement not to discuss football; or at least, not to discuss the business of their respective clubs, which might anyway be deemed unethical (business ethics, that is!).

Sometimes, people put on a particular face when speaking to the media which is different from how they speak in private with their friends. You'd have to hope this was the case with Flicker.

[Post edited 2 Aug 2016 14:16]

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:47 - Aug 3 with 5173 viewsColDale

I still think there's a good manager in Flicker.

But he severely lacks the ability to reflect on the job that he does. That's where he misses someone like Keith around him, a genuine sounding board or at the very least, someone to tell him he's wrong.

He'd benefit from having a Director of Football above him. Someone to handle transfers, negotiations, and all the stuff that distracts Flicker off the pitch. It could be he's got Day on a piece of string and has made himself a kid in a sweet shop or the reverse wth too much interference from Day, but either way, it allows him to be distracted from the job in hand.

The old Hillcroft mantra was getting the most out of what you had and making individual players better players. That has been forgotten about by Flicker, and too often (especially with goalkeepers), he's sought replacement and changes often just for the sake of it.

He's been at his best at both Barnsley and Bury when it's just him and the squad in front of him. The fact he struggles to see this is a massive weakness.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:56 - Aug 3 with 5161 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:47 - Aug 3 by ColDale

I still think there's a good manager in Flicker.

But he severely lacks the ability to reflect on the job that he does. That's where he misses someone like Keith around him, a genuine sounding board or at the very least, someone to tell him he's wrong.

He'd benefit from having a Director of Football above him. Someone to handle transfers, negotiations, and all the stuff that distracts Flicker off the pitch. It could be he's got Day on a piece of string and has made himself a kid in a sweet shop or the reverse wth too much interference from Day, but either way, it allows him to be distracted from the job in hand.

The old Hillcroft mantra was getting the most out of what you had and making individual players better players. That has been forgotten about by Flicker, and too often (especially with goalkeepers), he's sought replacement and changes often just for the sake of it.

He's been at his best at both Barnsley and Bury when it's just him and the squad in front of him. The fact he struggles to see this is a massive weakness.

There is something there. Keeping Barnsley up against the odds, and taking Bury to promotion (even with the budget he had) are credits to his CV. We'll see what kind of relationship he has with Day when the results of mismanagement on and off the pitch hopefully come to fruition this season. If Flicker can keep Bury's head above the drop zone this time round, I'll be amazed.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:29 - Aug 3 with 5097 viewsD_BFC

Some good points in the last couple of posts.

Re: Flicker & Day - a lot say that Flicker has Day eating out of the palm of his hand, although if he was a sucker for bullshit then his predecessor Blackwell would probably have hung around longer. Day's appearances in full training gear at the pre-season training camp made me worry it was the other way round, and he was interfering where a Chairman should not be.

I agree that there is a manager in there somewhere - yes, the squad / budget was plenty good enough to get us out of League 2, but it still needed doing. And he attained our highest ever points tally in the process. Not to be sniffed at.

The whispers are that Futcher is at the heart of most of the fallouts but DF backs him over the player in question. Hence players like Adams - who used to be close to DF - being bombed. Futcher was of the Keith Alexander school, and our football since he replaced Brass as DF's assistant has gone backwards.

DF needs support, but he's not popular with the fans and it looks like the financial support has long run dry. Interesting season ahead, wouldn't be surprised to see Played 3 Lost 3 from the openers.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:17 - Aug 3 with 5033 viewsnordenblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:29 - Aug 3 by D_BFC

Some good points in the last couple of posts.

Re: Flicker & Day - a lot say that Flicker has Day eating out of the palm of his hand, although if he was a sucker for bullshit then his predecessor Blackwell would probably have hung around longer. Day's appearances in full training gear at the pre-season training camp made me worry it was the other way round, and he was interfering where a Chairman should not be.

I agree that there is a manager in there somewhere - yes, the squad / budget was plenty good enough to get us out of League 2, but it still needed doing. And he attained our highest ever points tally in the process. Not to be sniffed at.

The whispers are that Futcher is at the heart of most of the fallouts but DF backs him over the player in question. Hence players like Adams - who used to be close to DF - being bombed. Futcher was of the Keith Alexander school, and our football since he replaced Brass as DF's assistant has gone backwards.

DF needs support, but he's not popular with the fans and it looks like the financial support has long run dry. Interesting season ahead, wouldn't be surprised to see Played 3 Lost 3 from the openers.

Some good points,tbf though Futcher wasnt from any school of football
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:20 - Oct 6 with 4565 viewsdingdangblue

Ambitious!
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11774/10606627/bury-planning-new-15-20000

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024