Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament 10:11 - Oct 26 with 8605 viewsDale_Trust

How do,

Members of the Trust Board will be meeting with the Club Directors next Month, so if any members have questions to put to the Directors please send them in.

We'll only be asking questions sent by email or brought to the Trust Desk, so fire away!

Please also remember, if members have any questions about the Trust, it's events, fundraising or general queries please get in touch, by email or at the Trust Desk.

Details here -
http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2015/10/meeting-with-directors/

Also,

Our annual 5 a Side tournament will be held at the usual venue, The Soccer Factory on Sunday 6th December 2015 2.00pm - 6.00pm.

The Tournament will be raising funds for the Dale Trust chosen charity Rochdale Children's Moorland Home.

All the details are entry form are here -
http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2015/10/dale-trust-5-a-side-tournament-sunday-6th-dec
Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 11:37 - Oct 26 with 6471 views442Dale

I spoke to the Trust on Saturday about a couple of issues and can only stress again how important it is that fans use the links they have with the club. It was also reiterated that communication is all important to ensure supporters have a better understanding of what happens at their football club.

They agreed how well collating questions from this messageboard can work, though I'd emphasise again that it's easy enough to do yourselves if you're a member. If you're not, join!

Will use this thread to gather questions though, please keep them realistic and I'll send them in.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 11:46 - Oct 31 with 6233 views442Dale

Some questions based on various topics on here over the last few months. Any others people want raising? Or save me the bother by joining and sending them yourselves...

1) There have been issues about the ticketing information provided around certain away games this season. While this isn't something the club can always control, if supporters do raise concerns could there be a process put in place where answers are provided on the club website, both to try and remove some uncertainty and to avoid situations like that at Blackpool?

2) It's usual that season ticket holders get priority for all-ticket games, can it be confirmed that this is always still the case especially in the case of away games when ticket numbers may be restricted?

3) What has been the effect of the price rises for matchday tickets at Spotland in terms of numbers of home fans who pay on the day? Is this something the club will re-assess at the end of the season if numbers have fallen?

4) What are the percentages of season ticket holders who used their 'bring a friend' vouchers for the two games the promotion has been run this season?

5) What is the current state of play with regards to the Stadium Company?

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 15:49 - Oct 31 with 6140 views1mark1

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 11:46 - Oct 31 by 442Dale

Some questions based on various topics on here over the last few months. Any others people want raising? Or save me the bother by joining and sending them yourselves...

1) There have been issues about the ticketing information provided around certain away games this season. While this isn't something the club can always control, if supporters do raise concerns could there be a process put in place where answers are provided on the club website, both to try and remove some uncertainty and to avoid situations like that at Blackpool?

2) It's usual that season ticket holders get priority for all-ticket games, can it be confirmed that this is always still the case especially in the case of away games when ticket numbers may be restricted?

3) What has been the effect of the price rises for matchday tickets at Spotland in terms of numbers of home fans who pay on the day? Is this something the club will re-assess at the end of the season if numbers have fallen?

4) What are the percentages of season ticket holders who used their 'bring a friend' vouchers for the two games the promotion has been run this season?

Regarding the ST holders having priority, I totally agree, but that should be for one ticket in my opinion.

Good questions to ask them are.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 15:51 - Oct 31 with 6122 views442Dale

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 15:49 - Oct 31 by 1mark1

Regarding the ST holders having priority, I totally agree, but that should be for one ticket in my opinion.

Good questions to ask them are.

Yeah I agree.

Have never understood why ST holders don't get priority for a couple of days at the start of ANY tickets going on sale. It's a token gesture for almost all games, but if it's publicised like that then everyone knows where they stand.

I

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 15:57 - Oct 31 with 6100 views1mark1

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 15:51 - Oct 31 by 442Dale

Yeah I agree.

Have never understood why ST holders don't get priority for a couple of days at the start of ANY tickets going on sale. It's a token gesture for almost all games, but if it's publicised like that then everyone knows where they stand.

I

So you agree, that should be for ONE ticket for the ST holder? Would you have it for ALL away games, or just those in which there could be a shortage of tickets, ie more Dale away fans than tickets available?

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 16:05 - Oct 31 with 6078 views442Dale

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 15:57 - Oct 31 by 1mark1

So you agree, that should be for ONE ticket for the ST holder? Would you have it for ALL away games, or just those in which there could be a shortage of tickets, ie more Dale away fans than tickets available?

All. The ST holder can then make the decision whether to get their ticket in the specific 'ST holder window' or wait to get a few for whoever they want when they're on general sale. For most games they'll probably wait, but it at least makes ST holders realise they have their chance to get a ticket should they wish.

Basically, fans will then organise themselves with a clear process in place that everyone is aware of. It also helps stagger the sales for the office staff - over time people will get into a routine when buying tickets and the later rush of sales or on matchdays may be eased.

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 16:26 - Oct 31 with 6050 views1mark1

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 16:05 - Oct 31 by 442Dale

All. The ST holder can then make the decision whether to get their ticket in the specific 'ST holder window' or wait to get a few for whoever they want when they're on general sale. For most games they'll probably wait, but it at least makes ST holders realise they have their chance to get a ticket should they wish.

Basically, fans will then organise themselves with a clear process in place that everyone is aware of. It also helps stagger the sales for the office staff - over time people will get into a routine when buying tickets and the later rush of sales or on matchdays may be eased.

I agree with that, sounds very fair and balanced.

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 10:17 - Nov 1 with 5961 viewsmikehunt

I would ask about training facilities and if we are ever likely to own our own.
If it were possible to own our own, I should mention the old Rossendale Utd site. It still has the infrastructure of pitch and club house, stand (a bit burned) and parking. It also has a pitch and a half worth of waste ground to the rear which may be possible to acquire?
It is a crying shame what has happened to this site. To my understanding there is a caveat that the site be used for sporting purposes in perpetuity. However, this can be overridden if the land is not used for a period of five years (or so). This time is fast approaching.
This is prime building land and as long as I can remember there have been rumours that the local building firms have wanted this land. Now these vultures are circling and it seems inevitable that they will get their way, unless a sporting enterprise can step in.
It could earn us a few bob on the side too. The club house bar was open most nights and used by the locals. Events could be held there. And offer up a pitch for a 5-a-side league or something?
We could play our reserve matches there, that would save a couple of bob too. Stick solar panels on the roofs and sell some 'tricity back to the grid.
I know we need money to do these things but perhaps a bank would lend, knowing it would have a prime building plot should things go belly up?
I don't know: it's almost too simple.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Login to get fewer ads

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 14:58 - Nov 1 with 5859 views442Dale

Any more? Will send these in around 6pm, so stick them here before then.

FAO Trust people, what date is the meeting please? Just in case something crops up in the meantime.

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 16:50 - Nov 1 with 5803 viewsColDale

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 14:58 - Nov 1 by 442Dale

Any more? Will send these in around 6pm, so stick them here before then.

FAO Trust people, what date is the meeting please? Just in case something crops up in the meantime.

dunno the date but will find out
Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 20:10 - Nov 1 with 5704 viewsRosun

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 16:50 - Nov 1 by ColDale

dunno the date but will find out

30th November.
Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 20:20 - Nov 1 with 5685 views442Dale

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 20:10 - Nov 1 by Rosun

30th November.

Cheers. I'll leave it a while before sending then.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2015 20:21]

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 20:29 - Nov 1 with 5657 viewsSaxonDale

Why were some of the kits sent in by fans edited by the club before being released for voting?
Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 20:41 - Nov 1 with 5640 views442Dale

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 20:29 - Nov 1 by SaxonDale

Why were some of the kits sent in by fans edited by the club before being released for voting?

To clarify, which one?

I know the collar on mine was, but presumed it was Errea who were using it as an opportunity to just illustrate all their different collars (however, yes they should have stuck to those sent. A lot of kit companies don't get collars right often enough. But presumably this was discussed when the panel met).

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 10:31 - Nov 3 with 5477 viewsrochedale

Assuming you don't have to be a trust member to enter 5-a-side...?

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 18:16 - Nov 29 with 5224 views442Dale

Added another couple of questions raised by fans to those above, full list of them all below ahead of this week's meeting with the club. As usual a request has been made to put all answers on the Trust website. If you're a Trust member and still want to send one in: info@daletrust.co.uk

1) There have been issues about the ticketing information provided around certain away games this season. While this isn't something the club can always control, if supporters do raise concerns could there be a process put in place where answers are provided on the club website/twitter, both to try and remove some uncertainty and to avoid situations like that at Blackpool? 

4) What are the percentages of season ticket holders who used their 'bring a friend' vouchers for the games the promotion has been run this season? 

6) Are the club still looking to secure their own training facilities? If so, where are we up to on this?

7) What led to the decision to stick to normal admission prices for the televised FA Cup match against Bury?

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 14:09 - Dec 1 with 4977 viewsDale_Trust

We'll have a write up following the meeting with the directors later this week, we'll also have a write up on our latest board meeting.

Don't forget our annual 5 a Side tournament will be held at the usual venue, The Soccer Factory on Sunday 13th December 2015 2.00pm - 6.00pm.

The Tournament will be raising funds for the Dale Trust chosen charity Rochdale Children's Moorland Home.

All the details are entry form are here -

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2015/10/dale-trust-5-a-side-tournament-sunday-6th-dec
Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 21:04 - Dec 3 with 4819 viewsColDale

Answers online now
http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2015/12/3402/
Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 21:41 - Dec 3 with 4771 views442Dale

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 21:04 - Dec 3 by ColDale

Answers online now
http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2015/12/3402/

Cheers for that.

On the Blackpool thing, why couldn't it have been communicated at the time about them not opening another section? Fans would have then at least understood the situation much better. I can't recall seeing anything in the programme/OS about this potentially happening or Blackpool not fulfilling it. Though I accept I may have missed it.

On tickets for away games, ST holders could buy them at the same time they went on open sale for Fleetwood and weren't there less tickets than Season Ticket holders (going off the numbers in that article)? It wasn't a problem, but hopefully we can now get a consistent process in place. It's not so much about the amount of tickets, but having a clear policy. As they've asked for suggestions, could the Trust pass on the one posted on here before?:
---Set days for sales to ST holders (need only be a few days), then open sale. This focuses ST holders on when they can get theirs and if they choose not to, then they know they may miss out. This could have been done for Fleetwood even though we know there wasn't an issue. Just follow a clear process everyone is aware of every time. It also staggers sales and will hopefully release some pressure on the ticket office. ---

Those numbers for the take up of vouchers is pretty low. Have the ST holders who haven't used hem been contacted? Could we not identify further matches where they could be used?

What this has identified is how communicating why things are done gives fans a better appreciation of what happens at their club. If that communication can be improved to the extent that less questions have to be asked in the future, then it's a real positive. Hopefully we'll notice that.

It also illustrates how well this process of gathering thoughts from the messageboard has worked, however I would stress that you might as well send in questions yourselves and join the Trust if you haven't already... if only to save me typing them all out.

Edit: Just out of interest, when's the next meeting with the club?
[Post edited 3 Dec 2015 21:59]

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 09:33 - Dec 4 with 4626 viewsChaffRAFC

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 21:41 - Dec 3 by 442Dale

Cheers for that.

On the Blackpool thing, why couldn't it have been communicated at the time about them not opening another section? Fans would have then at least understood the situation much better. I can't recall seeing anything in the programme/OS about this potentially happening or Blackpool not fulfilling it. Though I accept I may have missed it.

On tickets for away games, ST holders could buy them at the same time they went on open sale for Fleetwood and weren't there less tickets than Season Ticket holders (going off the numbers in that article)? It wasn't a problem, but hopefully we can now get a consistent process in place. It's not so much about the amount of tickets, but having a clear policy. As they've asked for suggestions, could the Trust pass on the one posted on here before?:
---Set days for sales to ST holders (need only be a few days), then open sale. This focuses ST holders on when they can get theirs and if they choose not to, then they know they may miss out. This could have been done for Fleetwood even though we know there wasn't an issue. Just follow a clear process everyone is aware of every time. It also staggers sales and will hopefully release some pressure on the ticket office. ---

Those numbers for the take up of vouchers is pretty low. Have the ST holders who haven't used hem been contacted? Could we not identify further matches where they could be used?

What this has identified is how communicating why things are done gives fans a better appreciation of what happens at their club. If that communication can be improved to the extent that less questions have to be asked in the future, then it's a real positive. Hopefully we'll notice that.

It also illustrates how well this process of gathering thoughts from the messageboard has worked, however I would stress that you might as well send in questions yourselves and join the Trust if you haven't already... if only to save me typing them all out.

Edit: Just out of interest, when's the next meeting with the club?
[Post edited 3 Dec 2015 21:59]

With regards to the "bring a friend" vouchers, I simply do not understand why Goldbond agents don't get these vouchers in their season tickets. I understand we don't get the additional vouchers like money off a shirt or free pie or whatever but why do we not have the opportunity to bring friends in for reduced prices? It can only be a case of worrying that people will just bring people who would come anyway which, with me at least, simply isn't the case.

I had to use a friends vouchers to be able to bring a Manchester City fan to the Coventry game and a Leeds fan to a game last season because it wasn't in my book and I had at least three other lads who wanted to join us, all fans of other clubs, most season ticket holders at their clubs. They take an interest in Rochdale but can't afford to go and watch two teams regularly so because my two goldbond season tickets didn't have vouchers in, the club missed out on three fans wanting the offer. Money that they club would not have had under normal circumstances.

Very frustrating.

P.S - I know I should have brought this issue up at the last meeting with the directors but will be certainly doing so next time.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 09:49 - Dec 4 with 4606 viewsdingdangblue

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 09:33 - Dec 4 by ChaffRAFC

With regards to the "bring a friend" vouchers, I simply do not understand why Goldbond agents don't get these vouchers in their season tickets. I understand we don't get the additional vouchers like money off a shirt or free pie or whatever but why do we not have the opportunity to bring friends in for reduced prices? It can only be a case of worrying that people will just bring people who would come anyway which, with me at least, simply isn't the case.

I had to use a friends vouchers to be able to bring a Manchester City fan to the Coventry game and a Leeds fan to a game last season because it wasn't in my book and I had at least three other lads who wanted to join us, all fans of other clubs, most season ticket holders at their clubs. They take an interest in Rochdale but can't afford to go and watch two teams regularly so because my two goldbond season tickets didn't have vouchers in, the club missed out on three fans wanting the offer. Money that they club would not have had under normal circumstances.

Very frustrating.

P.S - I know I should have brought this issue up at the last meeting with the directors but will be certainly doing so next time.

This post has been edited by an administrator

The designated games is rubbish also - why not just let the vouchers be used when the season ticket holder wants to bring a friend ? Maybe not the Oldham,bury league games but other than those I feel its pretty pointless having restrictions. If hardly anyone has used the vouchers so far this season - which seems the case - then the club need to change their policy. It would be an idea if towards the end of the season any unused vouchers should be valid for our last few home games.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2015 9:51]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 12:08 - Dec 4 with 4543 viewsColDale

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 09:49 - Dec 4 by dingdangblue

The designated games is rubbish also - why not just let the vouchers be used when the season ticket holder wants to bring a friend ? Maybe not the Oldham,bury league games but other than those I feel its pretty pointless having restrictions. If hardly anyone has used the vouchers so far this season - which seems the case - then the club need to change their policy. It would be an idea if towards the end of the season any unused vouchers should be valid for our last few home games.

I'd argue that the majority of vouchers are simply used to give existing supporters cheaper admission rather than being used by supporters to increase the fan base.
Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 12:38 - Dec 4 with 4510 viewsdingdangblue

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 12:08 - Dec 4 by ColDale

I'd argue that the majority of vouchers are simply used to give existing supporters cheaper admission rather than being used by supporters to increase the fan base.

10%,6% and 10% used for 3 games shows me that designated games for vouchers is pointless - whoever they are given to.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 14:31 - Dec 4 with 4432 viewsThacks_Rabbits

I am at times critical of the club, as we all are, but its great they take the time to meet and discuss issue and its a credit to the directors that they do. Makes the Milky Bar Kid and current antics other side of Heywood even more of a farce!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 17:39 - Dec 4 with 4366 viewspioneer

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 09:49 - Dec 4 by dingdangblue

Currently in North America and taking in the Buffalo Bills game at the time (well not quite) we are to be licking Bury.

Over here in the lower level leagues (baseball, hockey, football) its common practice for season ticket holders to be able to use any unused game tickets for bringing a friend. They have paid for that game ticket anyway. Of course restrictions can be made for any high profile games but the 'never a ticket wasted' does seem to be an attractive selling point for season tickets.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024