Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care 01:45 - Nov 22 with 17739 viewsDaley_Lama

Hi all

There have been two accidents at this junction the last two nights, both at approx 22:00

I perceive the following as the reason for both accidents, said without seeing either but asking about the cause of both.

If you are heading from Littleborough and wish to turn right onto Whitworth Road, there is a new filter lane but no filter light.

When the traffic from John St and Whitworth Road have had their turn, it is St Mary's Gates turn.

Traffic heading from Asda to Littleborough get a green light first.
15 seconds later traffic heading from Littleborough to Asda get a green light.

There is no filter light for the right turn onto Whitworth Road. They simply see a green light.

The lights heading from Asda to Littleborough however are still fully on green.

With no filter light cars heading from Littleborough turning onto Whitworth Road naturally do green for go and if a car is coming the other way - accident.

I don't think this presents much of an issue at day time as the weight of traffic along St Mary's gate means cars don't simply proceed

At 22:00 the traffic flow is different. There's little initial queueing traffic and cars are simply travelling at 40 with a green light ploughing into a car turning across them with a perceived green light.

If nothing else, please advise those you know to proceed with care. It's a BIG accident waiting to happen, the one I saw tonight had police, ambulance and fire engines but from what I saw nothing terminal.

Poll: DF in or out

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 12:23 - Nov 28 with 2497 viewsSuddenLad

"There's no accountability anymore and it's been like that for a long time, professional people making bad decisions, my mind drifts back to Brunton Park!! "

Kinell.I'd developed a dorsal fin before half time that night I wonder if Andy Thackeray relaises that his decison is still being debated all these years on. No-one who was there will ever forget, that's for sure.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 12:37 - Nov 28 with 2479 views1949er

I think they should put a roundabout there

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 21:38 - Nov 28 with 2380 viewsrochdaleriddler

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 18:34 - Nov 27 by D_Alien

The "abuse" as you call it, is concomitant with having explained the facts and then posters allowing their political prejudice to blind them to those facts.

There is no such thing in the NHS as a "number cruncher" - or any other organisation for that matter. It really does show how ignorant you are. #abuse

I really don't need to explain myself to you or anyone else but as it happens I've worked on the front line - have you ever shovelled shit? - and also in management roles working alongside clinicians at every level to provide the information they need to deliver the best quality of care possible. The reason I was successful and trusted at every level is because I know what the pressures are, I talk their language, I don't give them any bullshit if the standards aren't being delivered and because I f*cking well care. Is that OK?

So you can stuff your political shite up your jacksie. #abuse

As for patients being sent straight to CCU at BHH, the survival rates are far higher now due to improvements in the system. For someone who's worked in the NHS you should know that. And as for circumstances at ROH A&E, there's been a 20% increase in numbers attending over the past two years alone, often with quite trivial complaints. More than 90% are treated within the 4 hours, which is a fabulous achievement by any standards compared to how things used to be, and anyone who needs seeing more quickly will be.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2015 18:42]

you really are an arrogant ****wit, you don't know what jobs I have done, and you are full of *hite. your posts are not intelligent and they are certainly not entertaining bore off you tory *ossbag. you've retired now you old tosser, you have no more idea whats going on than anyone else

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 21:55 - Nov 28 with 2358 viewsD_Alien

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 21:38 - Nov 28 by rochdaleriddler

you really are an arrogant ****wit, you don't know what jobs I have done, and you are full of *hite. your posts are not intelligent and they are certainly not entertaining bore off you tory *ossbag. you've retired now you old tosser, you have no more idea whats going on than anyone else

Rattled, or what?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 22:05 - Nov 28 with 2342 views49thseason

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 21:38 - Nov 28 by rochdaleriddler

Wow, someone got out of bed on the wrong side this morning.
Its a shame that two really well debated topics of conversation, traffic troubles and local healthcare have descended into a mud slinging match.
There are precious few opportunities to debate some of the decisions that are taken in Rochdale, especially those that have far reaching effects on local people and I sense the frustration of my fellow Dale followers. Living and surviving in Rochdale is not an easy gig as we seem to be on the receiving end of every shiity stick that gets waved but there are far better targets for our communal ire than each other.
Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 21:22 - Nov 29 with 2229 viewsrochdaleriddler

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 21:55 - Nov 28 by D_Alien

Rattled, or what?

no just amazed at your arrogance, and the fact you cannot argue without resorting to abuse. I was informed by a nurse friend today of a 75 yr old stuck without a bed for 12 hours in hospital today, despite being seriously ill. I hope I never meet you, I will feel the need to resort to violence

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 21:24 - Nov 29 with 2223 viewsrochdaleriddler

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 22:05 - Nov 28 by 49thseason

Wow, someone got out of bed on the wrong side this morning.
Its a shame that two really well debated topics of conversation, traffic troubles and local healthcare have descended into a mud slinging match.
There are precious few opportunities to debate some of the decisions that are taken in Rochdale, especially those that have far reaching effects on local people and I sense the frustration of my fellow Dale followers. Living and surviving in Rochdale is not an easy gig as we seem to be on the receiving end of every shiity stick that gets waved but there are far better targets for our communal ire than each other.

no I didn't, your Bessie is a turd

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 21:39 - Nov 29 with 2200 viewsR17ALE

So, using your logic, the majority of the great British public are tossbags?

And that is assuming you've called D'Alien's voting pattern correctly. For all you know, he might be Green - many aliens are.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 21:42 - Nov 29 with 2199 viewsSuddenLad

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 21:22 - Nov 29 by rochdaleriddler

no just amazed at your arrogance, and the fact you cannot argue without resorting to abuse. I was informed by a nurse friend today of a 75 yr old stuck without a bed for 12 hours in hospital today, despite being seriously ill. I hope I never meet you, I will feel the need to resort to violence

Riddler - are you naturally unpleasant and offensive or is it an 'attribute' you have acquired after many years of practice ?

You come across an aggressive, odious tvvat, who needs the counselling services of the NHS.

How ironic would that be ??

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 22:21 - Nov 29 with 2137 viewsR17ALE

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 21:42 - Nov 29 by SuddenLad

Riddler - are you naturally unpleasant and offensive or is it an 'attribute' you have acquired after many years of practice ?

You come across an aggressive, odious tvvat, who needs the counselling services of the NHS.

How ironic would that be ??

Now and again SL, you get posters who are fuelled by hate. They just hate everything.

RR is our board's version of IS. I'm certain he'll go to sleep tonight wanting to blow up this messageboard!

He's managed to slag off fellow Dale fans and around 20m voters in a handful of posts.

Sometimes, you just have to doff your cap!

And I find the lights work well.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 22:31 - Nov 29 with 2120 viewsTVOS1907

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 22:21 - Nov 29 by R17ALE

Now and again SL, you get posters who are fuelled by hate. They just hate everything.

RR is our board's version of IS. I'm certain he'll go to sleep tonight wanting to blow up this messageboard!

He's managed to slag off fellow Dale fans and around 20m voters in a handful of posts.

Sometimes, you just have to doff your cap!

And I find the lights work well.

JimmyRustler and rochdaleriddler should really combine to make a new poster called JimmyRiddler.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 23:03 - Nov 29 with 2087 views49thseason

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 22:31 - Nov 29 by TVOS1907

JimmyRustler and rochdaleriddler should really combine to make a new poster called JimmyRiddler.

We should perhaps take their contributions as a timely reminder of the slow pace of evolution and the propensity for the gene pool to dry up occasionally.
Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 00:17 - Nov 30 with 2019 viewsD_Alien

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 21:39 - Nov 29 by R17ALE

So, using your logic, the majority of the great British public are tossbags?

And that is assuming you've called D'Alien's voting pattern correctly. For all you know, he might be Green - many aliens are.

I'm green with envy.

Forget the NHS, I should've applied for a job on a building site and been threatened with violence there instead.

[Post edited 30 Nov 2015 0:19]

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 09:18 - Nov 30 with 1913 viewsmingthemerciless

If you adopted the same tone on a building site you wouldn't have long to wait.
Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 15:52 - Nov 30 with 1825 viewsD_Alien

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 09:18 - Nov 30 by mingthemerciless

If you adopted the same tone on a building site you wouldn't have long to wait.

That's precisely my point.

Just because you don't like someone's tone (or more likely, you're embarrassed by being on the wrong end of the debate), doesn't warrant violence. Still, I understand why people can feel that way.

[Post edited 30 Nov 2015 17:52]

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 18:24 - Nov 30 with 1696 viewsrochdaleriddler

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 15:52 - Nov 30 by D_Alien

That's precisely my point.

Just because you don't like someone's tone (or more likely, you're embarrassed by being on the wrong end of the debate), doesn't warrant violence. Still, I understand why people can feel that way.

[Post edited 30 Nov 2015 17:52]

you will never be on the wrong end of a debate, you are never wrong. Your arrogance infuriates me, yep I do hate tories, not as much as the people that vote them in and then wonder why they are being shit on though.

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 19:58 - Nov 30 with 1656 viewsD_Alien

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 18:24 - Nov 30 by rochdaleriddler

you will never be on the wrong end of a debate, you are never wrong. Your arrogance infuriates me, yep I do hate tories, not as much as the people that vote them in and then wonder why they are being shit on though.

I've been on the wrong end of plenty of debates. TVOS will tell you I'm constantly getting my facts wrong about football!

Is my so-called arrogance any more arrogant than your assumption than you know better than me what's happening inside the NHS?

And how arrogant is it to think that people who vote tory can't see for themselves whether they're being shit on or not; and then to choose to vote otherwise? Do you think they're all fools?

Before you go accusing anyone else of arrogance, try looking in the mirror.

[Post edited 30 Nov 2015 20:00]

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 21:17 - Nov 30 with 1588 viewsrochdaleriddler

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 19:58 - Nov 30 by D_Alien

I've been on the wrong end of plenty of debates. TVOS will tell you I'm constantly getting my facts wrong about football!

Is my so-called arrogance any more arrogant than your assumption than you know better than me what's happening inside the NHS?

And how arrogant is it to think that people who vote tory can't see for themselves whether they're being shit on or not; and then to choose to vote otherwise? Do you think they're all fools?

zzzzz

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 21:26 - Nov 30 with 1576 viewsTVOS1907

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 19:58 - Nov 30 by D_Alien

You're constantly getting your facts wrong about football.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 21:46 - Nov 30 with 1552 viewsRosun

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 21:26 - Nov 30 by TVOS1907

You're constantly getting your facts wrong about football.

Yeah, but don't let things like that get in the way of a good argument. I'm sure more people have topped themselves after reading this thread than will ever die at Townhead junction given the way the thread has descended. Shame really as the original poster had it blob on until someone mentioned the infirmary (insert only joking smiley here)
Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 21:50 - Nov 30 with 1549 viewssince58

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 21:46 - Nov 30 by Rosun

Yeah, but don't let things like that get in the way of a good argument. I'm sure more people have topped themselves after reading this thread than will ever die at Townhead junction given the way the thread has descended. Shame really as the original poster had it blob on until someone mentioned the infirmary (insert only joking smiley here)

therse gonna be a car crash .
Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 15:35 - Dec 1 with 1421 viewsdingdangblue

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/99530/new-signs-a

Good advert for the Dale v bury match on here.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 16:16 - Dec 1 with 1382 viewsParkinsGimp

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 15:35 - Dec 1 by dingdangblue

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/99530/new-signs-a

Good advert for the Dale v bury match on here.

Glad you brought it back to the junction :-)
Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 17:04 - Dec 1 with 1340 viewsDaley_Lama

The signs have worked to date, hurrah.

Can't change the past but at least somebody did something and there have been no further accidents.

Poll: DF in or out

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 17:37 - Dec 1 with 1313 views1mark1

Whitworth Road/St Mary's Gate Junction: Procede with care on 17:04 - Dec 1 by Daley_Lama

The signs have worked to date, hurrah.

Can't change the past but at least somebody did something and there have been no further accidents.

Maybe "Give Way" signs are better overall rather than a filter light, as they won't let the traffic build up as much, obviously drivers have to be more careful, but most junctions are give way rather than light controlled.

Could be argued that many problems are caused on our roads by traffic being allowed to build up due to lights being in place instead of Give Ways, and roundabouts, put in often due to the failure of motorists to understand how to give way and use roundabouts.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024