Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Owdham upset Sarfend supporters 13:47 - Nov 23 with 2677 viewsSuddenLad

Bit cheeky this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34902398

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 13:50 - Nov 23 with 2652 viewsrochdaleriddler

let them in for free there will be about 30 away fans there

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 14:02 - Nov 23 with 2611 viewsDomDale

Didn't another club do this to us a few seasons ago (may have been Southend, or Fleetwood rings a bell). There's an FA ruling whereby the home club can run X number of home fan only promotions.
If I were a Southend fan I'd be going in the home end.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 14:43 - Nov 23 with 2526 viewswatford_dale

Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 14:02 - Nov 23 by DomDale

Didn't another club do this to us a few seasons ago (may have been Southend, or Fleetwood rings a bell). There's an FA ruling whereby the home club can run X number of home fan only promotions.
If I were a Southend fan I'd be going in the home end.

Believe it was Daggers away when I believe they got in for £10 in the home end and we paid £20 whatever.
Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 02:54 - Nov 24 with 2106 viewsYadHoDale

No chance there'll be that few - Sarfend are well supported away.

I'd guess they will take about 150-170.

It's not like they're tinpot like Crawley...
Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 21:25 - Nov 24 with 1920 viewsBartRowou

There's something very special in Southend scoring 5 tonight.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 22:27 - Nov 24 with 1844 viewsDaley_Lama

Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 21:25 - Nov 24 by BartRowou

There's something very special in Southend scoring 5 tonight.

Arf.

71p a goal for home fans, that's value for money.

Poll: DF in or out

Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 06:40 - Nov 25 with 1706 viewsTalkingSutty

Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 22:27 - Nov 24 by Daley_Lama

Arf.

71p a goal for home fans, that's value for money.

Five quid entrance into Boundary Park and a crowd of 3,300. It seems we aren't the only local Club with poor attendances. With Oldhams recent Premiership history I would suggest their crowds are worse than ours. We've been fed scraps for over 100 years and had no chance to build a fanbase, what's Latics excuse?

Their bleating regarding years of languishing in league one is laughable, a spell in league two would see them struggle to attract 2000. They won't admit it though,they actually think they are a sleeping giant, deluded. Last nights attendances at both Oldham and Bury tell there own story.
Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 09:47 - Nov 25 with 1603 views100notout

Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 06:40 - Nov 25 by TalkingSutty

Five quid entrance into Boundary Park and a crowd of 3,300. It seems we aren't the only local Club with poor attendances. With Oldhams recent Premiership history I would suggest their crowds are worse than ours. We've been fed scraps for over 100 years and had no chance to build a fanbase, what's Latics excuse?

Their bleating regarding years of languishing in league one is laughable, a spell in league two would see them struggle to attract 2000. They won't admit it though,they actually think they are a sleeping giant, deluded. Last nights attendances at both Oldham and Bury tell there own story.

No point in talking about attendances. We all know that if we were at home last night we'd have got less than 2000

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Login to get fewer ads

Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 09:52 - Nov 25 with 1591 viewsTalkingSutty

Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 09:47 - Nov 25 by 100notout

No point in talking about attendances. We all know that if we were at home last night we'd have got less than 2000

I think you spectacularly miss the point though, we aren't the ones who shout from the roof tops how great our support is and try to belittle those with a smaller attendance.

The fact is clubs like Oldham and bury are not much different than us, they have one of the smallest fan base in the Football League and the majority of those that attended years ago will never return.
Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 10:27 - Nov 25 with 1551 viewspioneer

Questions need to be asked of those responsible for fixture list. What are they doing organising a full set of league games for midweek in late november. And why did they come up with some of the longest trips of the season in many cases. Surely gillingham v southend would have made more sense than gillingham v dale etc.

I dont think admission price had anything to do with attendences last night. Essentially no one wants to watch league one football on a tuesday night in Late November.
Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 10:39 - Nov 25 with 1537 views100notout

Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 09:52 - Nov 25 by TalkingSutty

I think you spectacularly miss the point though, we aren't the ones who shout from the roof tops how great our support is and try to belittle those with a smaller attendance.

The fact is clubs like Oldham and bury are not much different than us, they have one of the smallest fan base in the Football League and the majority of those that attended years ago will never return.

Not missing the point at all - you're the one calling their attendances / trying to compare with ours.

"With Oldhams recent Premiership history I would suggest their crowds are worse than ours."

"Last nights attendances at both Oldham and Bury tell there own story."

Its an old debate and one which has no purpose. We all have sh!te attendances - always will - and ours is probably worse than theirs. Deal with it - no point in trying to argue that my dad is bigger than your dad.

Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 10:49 - Nov 25 with 1525 viewsdingdangblue

Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 10:27 - Nov 25 by pioneer

Questions need to be asked of those responsible for fixture list. What are they doing organising a full set of league games for midweek in late november. And why did they come up with some of the longest trips of the season in many cases. Surely gillingham v southend would have made more sense than gillingham v dale etc.

I dont think admission price had anything to do with attendences last night. Essentially no one wants to watch league one football on a tuesday night in Late November.

That was also burys lowest league gate of the season - they are doing the best in terms of crowds between us, them and Oldham. Averaging 4800 before last night - they could be giving away 1000 free tickets per game though ? Who knows? They do a great family ticket which basically gives every paying adult the chance to bring a child for free. I think a lot of bury fans have been buying the Dale FA Cup tickets this week and doing so may have sacrificed last nights game instead.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 10:54 - Nov 25 with 1519 viewsTalkingSutty

Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 10:39 - Nov 25 by 100notout

Not missing the point at all - you're the one calling their attendances / trying to compare with ours.

"With Oldhams recent Premiership history I would suggest their crowds are worse than ours."

"Last nights attendances at both Oldham and Bury tell there own story."

Its an old debate and one which has no purpose. We all have sh!te attendances - always will - and ours is probably worse than theirs. Deal with it - no point in trying to argue that my dad is bigger than your dad.

Just highlighting that there isn't much difference between the clubs attendances on our own forum, they are quick to come on here bragging about their massive support. If I was arguing the point or trying to say my dad is bigger than yours, or even bragging, I would have posted on their forum, but I didn't.

I was trying to highlight that although we beat ourselves up about our poor crowds, Oldham and bury's aren't much better.
Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 11:18 - Nov 25 with 1488 views100notout

Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 10:54 - Nov 25 by TalkingSutty

Just highlighting that there isn't much difference between the clubs attendances on our own forum, they are quick to come on here bragging about their massive support. If I was arguing the point or trying to say my dad is bigger than yours, or even bragging, I would have posted on their forum, but I didn't.

I was trying to highlight that although we beat ourselves up about our poor crowds, Oldham and bury's aren't much better.

Agree with your last sentence. Neither us, bury or Oldham have anything to shout about when it comes to attendances. Sad but true.

Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 11:25 - Nov 25 with 1472 viewsTalkingSutty

Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 11:18 - Nov 25 by 100notout

Agree with your last sentence. Neither us, bury or Oldham have anything to shout about when it comes to attendances. Sad but true.

Even at 5 quid entrance Oldham hardly had them queueing down Sheepfoot Lane. In a way it justifies us not drastically reducing match day prices, it would result in a loss of revenue and not a massive increase on the attendance. I don't know what the answer is.
Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 11:49 - Nov 25 with 1436 viewsSuddenLad

Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 11:18 - Nov 25 by 100notout

Oldham are worse off than us by a country mile. Our crowds have never been at a level where Oldhams' once were and not too long ago. They thrived on their weekly full house attendances whilst the likes of Spurs, Arsenal < Man City et.al., visited every week. They cast us aside as an 'irrelevance'

As it is now, they can barely fill the Chaddy End if all the crowd assemble in one place. A massive, massive decline in fortunes and behind 'little old Dale' in many different ways.

As we are as a club, Dale are better than we were in terms of attendances at the equivalent period and though there has been a reduction in numbers of late we are still at, or about, a level that we are used to (as are Bury).

Inevitably, glimpses of improvement and success like promotion will affect the attendances of any club, but Oldham seem to have 'bucked the trend' and their gates have plummeted.

I would argue that we are still trying to establish ourselves as a League One club and KH has frequently said that is his priority. I agree.

By the same token. Oldham have stagnated in League One, have got less efeective year-on-year during their stay and the bright lights of the Championship are diminishing with every passing game as they approach League Two.

Their fans have come to realise that there's nothing better to come and that being fed the same dross week-in-week-out isn't good enough, in comparison to what they once had. They are on a downward spiral and there is no sign that it will end any time soon.

If they can't drag folk through the turnstiles at £5 a go, they have serious problems. Losing to a team (Southend) that they will perceive to be 'lesser' than themselves and by that scoreline will a disaster.

For all the Bazingadales and Gimps, I still think the general air around Spotland is very positive and that as a club we are moving in the right direction. We are in a far better place, far more professional and far better positioned to exist in this League than we were only a few seasons ago.

Oldham are undoubtedly on the way down and in financial bother. That's no secret. We are the exact opposite - improving steadily, managed properly on and off the field, financially sound and 'comfortable'.

If I were an Owdham fan, I'd be thinking that there's much to worry about.

Their fans taking a poke at us is really a joke.

Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 12:03 - Nov 25 with 1412 viewsTalkingSutty

Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 11:49 - Nov 25 by SuddenLad

Oldham are worse off than us by a country mile. Our crowds have never been at a level where Oldhams' once were and not too long ago. They thrived on their weekly full house attendances whilst the likes of Spurs, Arsenal < Man City et.al., visited every week. They cast us aside as an 'irrelevance'

As it is now, they can barely fill the Chaddy End if all the crowd assemble in one place. A massive, massive decline in fortunes and behind 'little old Dale' in many different ways.

As we are as a club, Dale are better than we were in terms of attendances at the equivalent period and though there has been a reduction in numbers of late we are still at, or about, a level that we are used to (as are Bury).

Inevitably, glimpses of improvement and success like promotion will affect the attendances of any club, but Oldham seem to have 'bucked the trend' and their gates have plummeted.

I would argue that we are still trying to establish ourselves as a League One club and KH has frequently said that is his priority. I agree.

By the same token. Oldham have stagnated in League One, have got less efeective year-on-year during their stay and the bright lights of the Championship are diminishing with every passing game as they approach League Two.

Their fans have come to realise that there's nothing better to come and that being fed the same dross week-in-week-out isn't good enough, in comparison to what they once had. They are on a downward spiral and there is no sign that it will end any time soon.

If they can't drag folk through the turnstiles at £5 a go, they have serious problems. Losing to a team (Southend) that they will perceive to be 'lesser' than themselves and by that scoreline will a disaster.

For all the Bazingadales and Gimps, I still think the general air around Spotland is very positive and that as a club we are moving in the right direction. We are in a far better place, far more professional and far better positioned to exist in this League than we were only a few seasons ago.

Oldham are undoubtedly on the way down and in financial bother. That's no secret. We are the exact opposite - improving steadily, managed properly on and off the field, financially sound and 'comfortable'.

Good post. Very depressing reading for any Oldham fan, it's all true though.
Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 16:44 - Nov 25 with 1239 viewsSuddenLad

Can't wait to see their next midweek attendance on a wet winter night, with no reduction in admission prices against long-travelling opposition.

Maybe the offer of a free pie and soup might drag them in ?

Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 17:32 - Nov 25 with 1178 viewsDaleiLama

Owdham upset Sarfend supporters on 11:49 - Nov 25 by SuddenLad

Keep this to hand SL. You might be reporting after doing some minor text edits + pasting BFC over OAFC in the not too distant?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024