Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manc Radio 06:58 - Nov 24 with 6709 viewsdingdangblue

Live game again tonight.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p037rjxv

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Manc Radio on 21:32 - Nov 24 with 1833 viewsalderleydale

Manc Radio on 21:21 - Nov 24 by DorsetDale

Stuart is ok when commentating on play, trouble is he can't keep quiet when Martin/co-commentator is speaking. Constantly spoiling the expectation with oohs and aahs especially when play breaks down. That and his crap jokes!

You missed out clapping, he`s an utter clown

And can someone tell him that there is a letter H, OUR Manager is not call Keith Ill

and we don't have a player called Enderson
[Post edited 24 Nov 2015 21:33]
Manc Radio on 22:21 - Nov 24 with 1751 viewsTalkingSutty

Manc Radio on 21:32 - Nov 24 by alderleydale

And can someone tell him that there is a letter H, OUR Manager is not call Keith Ill

To be fair to Martin and Stuart I don't think either of them claim to be trained football commentators/ journalists. There is no independence in their comments,or post match interviews with the manager because both of them are associated with the Football Club. They aren't really in a position to start grilling the manager on team selection or tactics etc because at the end of the day Hilly controls the interview. As a result everything on Dale Player becomes diluted. It's probably the same at every other Club.

Asking questions like ' why did you change a winning team tonight?' or following the Doncaster game ' Keith, what was your reason for changing the goalkeeper today after Josh Lillis was just voted player of the month?' are the sort of things that the supporters want to know.

Difficult questions, but one that a professional journalist with no association with the Club would ask irrespective of how the manager responds. That's what good journalists do.
Manc Radio on 22:28 - Nov 24 with 1722 viewsTVOS1907

Manc Radio on 22:21 - Nov 24 by TalkingSutty

To be fair to Martin and Stuart I don't think either of them claim to be trained football commentators/ journalists. There is no independence in their comments,or post match interviews with the manager because both of them are associated with the Football Club. They aren't really in a position to start grilling the manager on team selection or tactics etc because at the end of the day Hilly controls the interview. As a result everything on Dale Player becomes diluted. It's probably the same at every other Club.

Asking questions like ' why did you change a winning team tonight?' or following the Doncaster game ' Keith, what was your reason for changing the goalkeeper today after Josh Lillis was just voted player of the month?' are the sort of things that the supporters want to know.

Difficult questions, but one that a professional journalist with no association with the Club would ask irrespective of how the manager responds. That's what good journalists do.

And unfortunately, those associated with the local paper don't even bother interviewing the manager anymore; they just take stuff off Dale Player.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Manc Radio on 22:30 - Nov 24 with 1711 viewsTalkingSutty

Manc Radio on 22:28 - Nov 24 by TVOS1907

And unfortunately, those associated with the local paper don't even bother interviewing the manager anymore; they just take stuff off Dale Player.

Yep, so it al becomes very sterile stuff.
Manc Radio on 23:53 - Nov 24 with 1582 viewslove_the_dale

Manc Radio on 21:20 - Nov 24 by 1mark1

My problem with Dale Player was that I found the commentary too biased in Dale's favour. Even if we had been not too good, they tended to make it sound that we had been better than we had actually been.

Agree. After having had Dale Player for a few seasons, I haven't bothered this year. I have to admit that when listening to the commentary, I usually listened to the other team's coverage and invariably found it most impartial.
Manc Radio on 11:47 - Nov 25 with 1481 views1mark1

Manc Radio on 23:53 - Nov 24 by love_the_dale

Agree. After having had Dale Player for a few seasons, I haven't bothered this year. I have to admit that when listening to the commentary, I usually listened to the other team's coverage and invariably found it most impartial.

Yes I often ended up doing that too.

Regarding the interviewing of KH, maybe people are just frightened of him, and maybe if he was interviewed adequately , there would be less frustration on here.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Manc Radio on 13:30 - Nov 25 with 1409 viewsdeezel

Manc Radio on 20:12 - Nov 24 by formbydale

Yip too far away for FM :-(

I can get Radio Manc on FM over here on the Wirral, but....

only if i have the radio in a certain spot on the kitchen windowsill and the wind isn't blowing too strong from the west!

i also get decent reception in the bathroom but don't want to spend 90 mins on the bog tbh

Formbydale...try wandering about the house with your radio and you might find a reception hot spot?

I only listened 'til half-time last night but thought the lass doing commentary did a reasonable job, considering she was on her own, much better than Dearden and his sidekick
Manc Radio on 09:32 - Nov 26 with 1254 viewsParkinsGimp

Manc Radio on 11:47 - Nov 25 by 1mark1

Yes I often ended up doing that too.

Regarding the interviewing of KH, maybe people are just frightened of him, and maybe if he was interviewed adequately , there would be less frustration on here.

Why would you be frightened of him?????
Login to get fewer ads

Manc Radio on 14:01 - Nov 26 with 1182 views1mark1

Manc Radio on 09:32 - Nov 26 by ParkinsGimp

Why would you be frightened of him?????

Maybe they are frightened their jobs would be made harder to do, or even at threat, or that he might throw a handbag at them.

Manc Radio on 14:18 - Nov 26 with 1154 viewsfitzochris

Manc Radio on 14:01 - Nov 26 by 1mark1

Maybe they are frightened their jobs would be made harder to do, or even at threat, or that he might throw a handbag at them.

Dealing with difficult managers, players and chairmen is very much part and parcel of a sports writer's job.

I find it very disappointing that what now passes for local press applies a copy-and-paste approach to its Dale coverage.

No insight, no non-cliché questions - just a rehash of what has already appeared on our OS.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Manc Radio on 14:23 - Nov 26 with 1148 views1mark1

Manc Radio on 14:18 - Nov 26 by fitzochris

Dealing with difficult managers, players and chairmen is very much part and parcel of a sports writer's job.

I find it very disappointing that what now passes for local press applies a copy-and-paste approach to its Dale coverage.

No insight, no non-cliché questions - just a rehash of what has already appeared on our OS.

I agree. But for whatever reason they don't do their jobs properly. Maybe KH's influence on who is employed at RAFC extends beyond those who play and coach the players. Mind you the local media don't question the happenings at Gigg Lane either, just take for granted what the Club's position is.

Manc Radio on 14:36 - Nov 26 with 1134 viewsChaffRAFC

Manc Radio on 21:32 - Nov 24 by alderleydale

So you're having a go because he has an accent? Behave yourself.

I reckon most Rochdale folk pronounce both names that way. Next time I pop into the club shop, I'll tell him to go and take elecution lessons just so you can get an ounce more enjoyment out of the commentary and he can become less clown like.

I have DalePlayer and listen to the commentary and it's fine, Martin and Stuart do a good job with the commentary, as did young Matt Turner on Tuesday night.

The only issue I have is that the commentary is behind the likes of Sky Sports so you know there's been a goal when watching Soccer Saturday before the commentary which is very annoying.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Manc Radio on 14:44 - Nov 26 with 1119 viewsTalkingSutty

Manc Radio on 14:23 - Nov 26 by 1mark1

I agree. But for whatever reason they don't do their jobs properly. Maybe KH's influence on who is employed at RAFC extends beyond those who play and coach the players. Mind you the local media don't question the happenings at Gigg Lane either, just take for granted what the Club's position is.

I suppose if the manager perceives that certain journalists/ media persons are quite good at their job and capable of posing the difficult or uncomfortable questions he will simply refuse the interview, or maybe even attempt to belittle the journalist.

In the end the only way of conducting a post match interview is to just ask bland questions, you know the questions and answers before they even take place. Ferguson was a master at it, it's bullying really. Mind you, some of the questions managers have to field these days are a bit ridiculous.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 14:48]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024