Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! 22:12 - Nov 24 with 7203 viewscon_dale

Alessandra 4 starts 4 subs 2 goals
Andrews 8 starts 12 subs 2 goals
Bunney 9 starts 6 subs 2 goals
The goals line looks the same but why O why his he not getting a chance?
If he ain't getting a chance I hope we allow him to leave in January and prove to hill what he's missing, I've been to 3 of the games he's started and he looks a threat and a nuisance to defenders!
We play passing football through the team so why do we need height up front?
No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 17:47 - Nov 25 with 2203 viewsJimmyRustler

Andrew really is the new Rochdale darling. We always seem to acquire these players who are average (at best) by anyone's else standards and yet receive adulation from the large majority and reprieve after reprieve no matter how many abject performances they put in.

Calvin's become a parody of himself. It's a sad state of affairs when everyone likes a player purely on the basis that they're shite (Donnelly).

If LA doesn't get a run of games now then if I was him, I'd throw my sweaty jockstrap at Hill and tell him to suck a fat one
[Post edited 25 Nov 2015 17:49]
No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 18:07 - Nov 25 with 2161 viewsD_Alien

No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 17:47 - Nov 25 by JimmyRustler

Andrew really is the new Rochdale darling. We always seem to acquire these players who are average (at best) by anyone's else standards and yet receive adulation from the large majority and reprieve after reprieve no matter how many abject performances they put in.

Calvin's become a parody of himself. It's a sad state of affairs when everyone likes a player purely on the basis that they're shite (Donnelly).

If LA doesn't get a run of games now then if I was him, I'd throw my sweaty jockstrap at Hill and tell him to suck a fat one
[Post edited 25 Nov 2015 17:49]

I'd say, on balance, there's more anti-Calvin posts than pro-Calvin, so f*ck knows where you've got the idea from that he's a "darling"

All I've ever said about him is that he's scored a few late winners, which is true, and we should be trying to boost his confidence rather than run him down. Some people read into that fairly basic appraisal that I think he's the next Pele, but I can't account for dimwits

Edit: and since we're playing Port Vale on Saturday, I'll just add that Calvin provided probably the stand-out moment of last season against them
[Post edited 25 Nov 2015 18:11]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 18:17 - Nov 25 with 2127 viewsTalkingSutty

No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 17:10 - Nov 25 by richfoad32

Hooper did OK when he came on, looked enthusiastic and full of running but that's the least you'd expect from him on his debut. Only Hilly knows if he's ready but to be honest I hope they ease him in gently because the moment he misses a chance or has a poor game he'll probably get torn to shreds on here anyway.

For the record, Calvin was anonymous in the first half last night but decent in the second. It's not always his fault nobody gets on the end of his flick ons, a lot were into dangerous areas but either nobody gambled or were just unable to get on the end of them. That said, if he has to play I think his best role would be as an impact sub. But in the absence of anyone better, he's far preferable to Bunney.

What position does Hooper play because we have a glut of midfield players and NML plays out wide. If he plays as a forward where does that put Alessander?

Saturday will be another tough game, let's play our strongest starting eleven, we have a young kid in the goal so I would be surprised to see another one in the starting eleven. Get up towards the fifty point mark and then introduce untried young players. There's a big difference between midweek bounce games and the real thing at league one level.

Regarding The Black Pearl, he's the same as Bunney, both are at their strongest when coming off the bench. They aren't league one standard but can produce a 20 minute cameo when defenders start to tire. Henderson aside we are short of quality and 'know how' in the forward line, we have been for a long time.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2015 18:26]
No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 18:51 - Nov 25 with 2071 viewsBigDaveMyCock

All we are asking for is that every player is judged on roughly the same criteria and given the same chance. I say 'roughly' because you're always going to get players who score more than others and others will be quicker and stronger etc. Alessandra may or may not be that good for Dale but I think we can all say he's not getting the chances others are. Calvin may very well be a great bloke and a great trainer and he may very well buy into all things Keith Hill. Great, but it's not translating on the pitch on anything like a consistent basis. In fact, if we're honest, he is poor most of the time. However, he gets chance after chance after chance and others don't. I have every confidence that he will bag on Saturday now but I've got just as much confidence that we will have to wait until March for the next one with numerous clean sheets for the opposition in the interim. He's not getting picked on merit.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 18:56 - Nov 25 with 2068 viewsrichfoad32

No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 18:17 - Nov 25 by TalkingSutty

What position does Hooper play because we have a glut of midfield players and NML plays out wide. If he plays as a forward where does that put Alessander?

Saturday will be another tough game, let's play our strongest starting eleven, we have a young kid in the goal so I would be surprised to see another one in the starting eleven. Get up towards the fifty point mark and then introduce untried young players. There's a big difference between midweek bounce games and the real thing at league one level.

Regarding The Black Pearl, he's the same as Bunney, both are at their strongest when coming off the bench. They aren't league one standard but can produce a 20 minute cameo when defenders start to tire. Henderson aside we are short of quality and 'know how' in the forward line, we have been for a long time.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2015 18:26]

Hooper came on in midfield but seemed to have licence to get forward as much as possible. Whether this is his normal position and whether he can play up top I couldn't say. I'm as baffled as everyone else by Alessandra's exclusion, I can only think that Hilly sees him every day in training and really doesn't fancy him for some reason. It must be soul destroying to see a raw kid getting a chance in front of you.

NML is another strange one. I can't get to every game but saw him at Sheff.U. where he was decent and Southend where he was a major factor in our comeback. The other times have been Wigan on TV when he was anonymous (not the only one) and last night, when he looked sluggish and off the pace. If we could get him and others producing on a more consistent basis we'd have some team. But I guess that's why they're playing for Rochdale.
No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 19:38 - Nov 25 with 1991 viewsTalkingSutty

No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 18:56 - Nov 25 by richfoad32

Hooper came on in midfield but seemed to have licence to get forward as much as possible. Whether this is his normal position and whether he can play up top I couldn't say. I'm as baffled as everyone else by Alessandra's exclusion, I can only think that Hilly sees him every day in training and really doesn't fancy him for some reason. It must be soul destroying to see a raw kid getting a chance in front of you.

NML is another strange one. I can't get to every game but saw him at Sheff.U. where he was decent and Southend where he was a major factor in our comeback. The other times have been Wigan on TV when he was anonymous (not the only one) and last night, when he looked sluggish and off the pace. If we could get him and others producing on a more consistent basis we'd have some team. But I guess that's why they're playing for Rochdale.

Thanks, the last sentence of your post sums it up. NML obviously can produce on his day but there has to be a reason why nobody fancies him, it must be a lack of consistency, Lazarus is the same.
No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 03:17 - Nov 26 with 1793 viewsJimmyRustler

No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 18:07 - Nov 25 by D_Alien

I'd say, on balance, there's more anti-Calvin posts than pro-Calvin, so f*ck knows where you've got the idea from that he's a "darling"

All I've ever said about him is that he's scored a few late winners, which is true, and we should be trying to boost his confidence rather than run him down. Some people read into that fairly basic appraisal that I think he's the next Pele, but I can't account for dimwits

Edit: and since we're playing Port Vale on Saturday, I'll just add that Calvin provided probably the stand-out moment of last season against them
[Post edited 25 Nov 2015 18:11]

Basing your opinions on the things you read on here would be a bit imprudent don't you think?

You and I are both well aware that this forum isn't all that representative of our fanbase.

I'm talking about the people I sit near/talk to at games**They're all oh so forgiving of Calvin but when it comes to someone like Bunney, they can't wait to jump on the lads back. Granted, Bunney is shite but so is Calvin; there really isn't much to choose between them if I'm being brutally honest.

***I am well aware that this may also not be fully representative but it's a larger, more eclectic mix of people as opposed to the posters on here. Nowt wrong with you lot mind, you just all seem to piss in the same pot to me
No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 07:48 - Nov 26 with 1734 viewsTalkingSutty

No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 03:17 - Nov 26 by JimmyRustler

Basing your opinions on the things you read on here would be a bit imprudent don't you think?

You and I are both well aware that this forum isn't all that representative of our fanbase.

I'm talking about the people I sit near/talk to at games**They're all oh so forgiving of Calvin but when it comes to someone like Bunney, they can't wait to jump on the lads back. Granted, Bunney is shite but so is Calvin; there really isn't much to choose between them if I'm being brutally honest.

***I am well aware that this may also not be fully representative but it's a larger, more eclectic mix of people as opposed to the posters on here. Nowt wrong with you lot mind, you just all seem to piss in the same pot to me

I don't think we all piss in the same pot, some of us don't even like each other

You bring up a good point JR, what percentage of our home crowd actually post on this forum? If we have 30 regular posters, it's probably about 1% of our fanbase. Basically our opinions aren't representative of our fanbase and we we are a very tiny minority spouting a load of absolute bollocks to nobody in particular.

Next time Hilly gets upset about comments on this forum he needs to remind himself that we are just 1%,an irrelevance who represent nobody. In reality we should have better things to do, which reminds me, the oven needs cleaning.
Login to get fewer ads

No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 09:26 - Nov 26 with 1669 viewsParkinsGimp

Perhaps we need to look for a good loan signing or free agent , but please not an ex baaaaarnsley, bury or sh!tport cheaty reject. That is all we seem to look at these days when things need changing.
I must say I love the chants of "he scores when he wants" when Andrew comes on ... shame he has never really liked scoring in his whole career. Ah well no worries, as for Alessandra sorry hes not the answer, he has looked woeful on every occassion on the pitch, certainly not up to League one level. But I better not say anymore and just hope our scouting network extends beyond baaaarnsley rejects.
No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 10:25 - Nov 26 with 1640 viewsJimmyRustler

No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 07:48 - Nov 26 by TalkingSutty

I don't think we all piss in the same pot, some of us don't even like each other

You bring up a good point JR, what percentage of our home crowd actually post on this forum? If we have 30 regular posters, it's probably about 1% of our fanbase. Basically our opinions aren't representative of our fanbase and we we are a very tiny minority spouting a load of absolute bollocks to nobody in particular.

Next time Hilly gets upset about comments on this forum he needs to remind himself that we are just 1%,an irrelevance who represent nobody. In reality we should have better things to do, which reminds me, the oven needs cleaning.

It's always the same with Keith. I know Mourinho is his idol and all that but it doesn't mean that he has to try and imitate him. He's becoming more and more like that cantankerous arsehole every day.

Mind you, I suppose it's only when we're on a bit of a bad run that we scrutinise him so closely. If we're winning games, he can turn up in drag and do his post match interview in Arabic for all I care.
No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 12:29 - Nov 26 with 1582 viewsD_Alien

No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 03:17 - Nov 26 by JimmyRustler

I'd broadly agree with that, now you've been more specific about what you've based your opinion on.

Fans do have a way of siding with players who've given them brilliant footballing moments though, like last-minute winners, even if they're mediocre the rest of the time. And yes, it's probably only two examples, i.e. Bradford away and Port Vale at home, but those winners brought us 4 points that made the difference between finishing 8th and finishing 14th. Bunney has no such moments to endear himself to fans with. The closest he came was scoring in the away win at Bristol Rovers in April 2014, playing when his granddad had just died. Since then, nothing.

I disagree that "Calvin has become a parody of himself" (from your earlier post). He's only been himself from the start, it's fans who take against players for no other reason than they're mediocre that become parodies.

[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 12:44]

No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 12:57 - Nov 26 with 1534 viewsdingdangblue

No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 12:29 - Nov 26 by D_Alien

I'd broadly agree with that, now you've been more specific about what you've based your opinion on.

Fans do have a way of siding with players who've given them brilliant footballing moments though, like last-minute winners, even if they're mediocre the rest of the time. And yes, it's probably only two examples, i.e. Bradford away and Port Vale at home, but those winners brought us 4 points that made the difference between finishing 8th and finishing 14th. Bunney has no such moments to endear himself to fans with. The closest he came was scoring in the away win at Bristol Rovers in April 2014, playing when his granddad had just died. Since then, nothing.

I disagree that "Calvin has become a parody of himself" (from your earlier post). He's only been himself from the start, it's fans who take against players for no other reason than they're mediocre that become parodies.

[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 12:44]

Must take slight issue with your generalisation of Bunney - he has had his moments and those moments have all contributed to us getting points, 2 goals v Crewe, goals this season v Scunthorpe and Southend. Yes he's no Scott Hogan but I dont dislike him and it doesn't bother me if his name is in the starting X1. Some of the hatred and bile I hear shouted from the stand near where I sit is quite embarrassing at times. The amount of lazy useless players I've seen pull on a Dale shirt down the years - Joe Bunney isn't even in the top 100.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 13:01 - Nov 26 with 1518 viewsD_Alien

No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 12:57 - Nov 26 by dingdangblue

Must take slight issue with your generalisation of Bunney - he has had his moments and those moments have all contributed to us getting points, 2 goals v Crewe, goals this season v Scunthorpe and Southend. Yes he's no Scott Hogan but I dont dislike him and it doesn't bother me if his name is in the starting X1. Some of the hatred and bile I hear shouted from the stand near where I sit is quite embarrassing at times. The amount of lazy useless players I've seen pull on a Dale shirt down the years - Joe Bunney isn't even in the top 100.

Yeah, I'm not seeking to diminish Bunney, just rationalising why Calvin might get supporters on his side e.g. when he comes off the bench, because we have hard-wired into our memory the times he's actually sent us home with a huge grin on our faces.

Edit: I'd also add the equalizer against Coventry away last season. Bitterly cold day, looking like we were heading for a defeat and when he was brought on, we wheeled out the "He scores when he wants" chant, in a kind of "pissing against the wind" spirit

He scored five minutes later, and we went home from a big stadium feeling like it's good to be a Dale fan.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 13:06]

No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 13:13 - Nov 26 with 1487 viewsTalkingSutty

No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 12:57 - Nov 26 by dingdangblue

Bunney isn't lazy and is capable of a cameo from the subs bench, he's still young and certainly doesn't deserve verbal abuse. He is miles away from being an effective league one striker though, I would suggest Alessander is better equipped in that department.

That's the problem, most of our forwards are at their best when coming off the subs bench. Hendersons basically carrying the front line on his back and he deserves a bit of quality alongside him.
No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 13:30 - Nov 26 with 1452 viewsdingdangblue

No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 13:01 - Nov 26 by D_Alien

Yeah, I'm not seeking to diminish Bunney, just rationalising why Calvin might get supporters on his side e.g. when he comes off the bench, because we have hard-wired into our memory the times he's actually sent us home with a huge grin on our faces.

Edit: I'd also add the equalizer against Coventry away last season. Bitterly cold day, looking like we were heading for a defeat and when he was brought on, we wheeled out the "He scores when he wants" chant, in a kind of "pissing against the wind" spirit

He scored five minutes later, and we went home from a big stadium feeling like it's good to be a Dale fan.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 13:06]

Hill's 1st season back we played Plymouth last game, heading towards an end of season dull draw, Bunney made his debut and scored the winner with his 1st touch. Took my young lad to that game and it was the 1st time he'd seen us win and a player scored called Bunney! Think I've always had a soft spot for Joe since then - he made my lads day seeing his dads team win! These things stick sometimes.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 13:59 - Nov 26 with 1327 viewsTalkingSutty

No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 13:30 - Nov 26 by dingdangblue

Hill's 1st season back we played Plymouth last game, heading towards an end of season dull draw, Bunney made his debut and scored the winner with his 1st touch. Took my young lad to that game and it was the 1st time he'd seen us win and a player scored called Bunney! Think I've always had a soft spot for Joe since then - he made my lads day seeing his dads team win! These things stick sometimes.

I think a lot of supporters have a soft spot for Joe. He really does try his knackers off and we have had plenty who couldn't be bothered to do that. I would love to see him start banging a few goals in and I do think there is a decent footballer in there.

In fact, if he was plying his trade in League Two I would be willing to bet he would have scored a few by now. He's not good enough at this level yet, that's the bottom line. Maybe a goal against bury in the Cup will be the boost he needs to kick on.
No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 17:55 - Nov 26 with 1221 viewsD_Alien

No Alessandra tonight and no goals again! on 13:30 - Nov 26 by dingdangblue

I remember that winner clearly too, and I think a lot of us expected a lot more from Joe in the following two and a half years. The ball was crossed by Tanser who himself had just come on for his debut, and whose career has followed a similar pattern.

What Joe could do with is scoring a goal in a game that really means something. he smashed one home against Leeds with the score at 0-0 which was ruled offside, then went off injured. If he gets a similar chance against Bury, I hope he'd have the confidence to make it count and turn around the way he's perceived by Dale fans.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024