Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Highlights 07:32 - Nov 25 with 1924 viewsdingdangblue

Created a couple of decent chances looking at this. Wonderful opening goal and 1st time passing/finish from Gills (someone was blaming Lancashire last night in the match thread which is unfair looking at this).

http://www.skysports.com/football/gillingham-vs-rochdale/report/340304

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Highlights on 07:53 - Nov 25 with 1886 views442Dale

Can't believe there was any suggestion of a foul on the keeper for the second goal. He just ran into one of his defenders who's stood there holding the Gills player.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Highlights on 08:13 - Nov 25 with 1852 viewsTalkingSutty

Highlights on 07:53 - Nov 25 by 442Dale

Can't believe there was any suggestion of a foul on the keeper for the second goal. He just ran into one of his defenders who's stood there holding the Gills player.

That's the way I saw it. Loads of bodies in front of him and a bit of a flap, couldn't spot a foul. I would even say his decision making for the first goal was questionable, he rushed out to meet the goalscorer but didn't really get there. I could be being a bit unfair with that one though.

Just watched it again, second was a perfectly good goal.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2015 8:18]
Highlights on 09:50 - Nov 25 with 1702 viewsdingdangblue

Highlights on 07:53 - Nov 25 by 442Dale

I think Hill has got to back Pereira to the hilt. Its a massive decision dropping an in form Lillis ( he did the same last season with Jamie Jones who really was no better but at least at the time Lillis was making mistakes ). Doomsday scenario would be Pereira being allowed to play v bury and him making a mistake which cost us the game - especially when Lillis has been exceptional against bury in his last 2 games against them. A clean sheet and good performance v Port Vale is needed now.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Highlights on 10:04 - Nov 25 with 1659 viewsTalkingSutty

Highlights on 09:50 - Nov 25 by dingdangblue

I think Hill has got to back Pereira to the hilt. Its a massive decision dropping an in form Lillis ( he did the same last season with Jamie Jones who really was no better but at least at the time Lillis was making mistakes ). Doomsday scenario would be Pereira being allowed to play v bury and him making a mistake which cost us the game - especially when Lillis has been exceptional against bury in his last 2 games against them. A clean sheet and good performance v Port Vale is needed now.

Disagree with that. Why does Hill have to back another Clubs goalkeeper to the hilt? I would have rather he directed all that backing into our own goalkeeper, who was playing well.

Lillis has probably been our player of the season up to now, if the young keeper wasn't good enough to dislodge him last week why all of a sudden does he return from OT and walk straight into the first team? The manager just contradicted what he said and made himself look weak and a bit daft. Hope he proves to be as good as Hilly thinks.
Highlights on 10:15 - Nov 25 with 1632 viewsdingdangblue

Highlights on 10:04 - Nov 25 by TalkingSutty

Disagree with that. Why does Hill have to back another Clubs goalkeeper to the hilt? I would have rather he directed all that backing into our own goalkeeper, who was playing well.

Lillis has probably been our player of the season up to now, if the young keeper wasn't good enough to dislodge him last week why all of a sudden does he return from OT and walk straight into the first team? The manager just contradicted what he said and made himself look weak and a bit daft. Hope he proves to be as good as Hilly thinks.

I meant back him with reference to talking about a foul that was never there rather than say 'Pereira made a mistake with the 2nd goal - he needs to be stronger if he's going to come and claim those'. I have never had any problem with Lillis myself - think he's a decent 'safe' keeper who doesn't take risks. Pereira may be more flamboyant - that save he made on the highlights rather than pushing it over he palmed it straight to their forward.

Highlights on 10:42 - Nov 25 with 1580 viewsTalkingSutty

Highlights on 10:15 - Nov 25 by dingdangblue

I meant back him with reference to talking about a foul that was never there rather than say 'Pereira made a mistake with the 2nd goal - he needs to be stronger if he's going to come and claim those'. I have never had any problem with Lillis myself - think he's a decent 'safe' keeper who doesn't take risks. Pereira may be more flamboyant - that save he made on the highlights rather than pushing it over he palmed it straight to their forward.

Apologies for that, i misinterperated your post. Hillys been very reluctant to bring any loan players into the Club and then when he does he replaces our standout performer of the season. I can think of quite a few players who warrant being replaced but Lillis isn't one of them. That loan could have been utilised elsewhere.

I hope to god Hilly isn't influenced by the coaching staff at Man Utd. I don't understand why Pereira can just strop out of the Club because Hilly won't give him a place in the starting line up (Hillys own words),then the following week he returns and Lillis is dropped. It's not normal.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2015 10:45]
Highlights on 11:00 - Nov 25 with 1535 viewsdingdangblue

Highlights on 10:42 - Nov 25 by TalkingSutty

Apologies for that, i misinterperated your post. Hillys been very reluctant to bring any loan players into the Club and then when he does he replaces our standout performer of the season. I can think of quite a few players who warrant being replaced but Lillis isn't one of them. That loan could have been utilised elsewhere.

I hope to god Hilly isn't influenced by the coaching staff at Man Utd. I don't understand why Pereira can just strop out of the Club because Hilly won't give him a place in the starting line up (Hillys own words),then the following week he returns and Lillis is dropped. It's not normal.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2015 10:45]

Maybe what went on between Lillis and Hill last season has wrecked their opinion of each other. Lillis got injured and Logan came in and was magnificent, undroppable. When Lillis got fit he wasn't given his place back.Then he got a break with Logan's injury but his form wasn't anything like this season culminating in the shocker v Sheff Utd. Jamie Jones came in and initially did ok but errors started appearing in his game and he got sent off meaning Lillis came back against Orient. Clean sheet and massive win when we still had a chance of the play offs. Lillis would I'm sure have thought he would have kept his place for the decider v MK Dons? Hill dropped him again and Jones had a shocker. I really think things like that are irreparable - I'm sure Lillis might have lost any respect he had for Hill. His contract is up at the end of the season and maybe he's told Hill he's going? Who knows what goes on behind closed doors?

Highlights on 12:29 - Nov 25 with 1416 viewsdingdangblue

A bit more here:

Rhys Bennett should be heading that ball away for the 2nd goal. I'm sorry - and I'm not usually critical of individuals but that's just really really bad defending. Not sure about the foul on Donal - he goes down too easy.

Login to get fewer ads

Highlights on 13:14 - Nov 25 with 1326 viewsSwissdale

Yet another goal conceded from a set piece cross.

Dear oh dear when will we get these right?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024