Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We need to play our best 11 today. 10:35 - Nov 28 with 10257 viewsJimmyRustler

Eastham HAS to start.
McDermott HAS to start.
Vincenti HAS to start.
Alessandra SHOULD be given a run out.

We've persevered with Bunney for long enough. It's time for something new. Today is almost a must win and the whole squad (including KH) needs a confidence boost. Anything other than a victory today is failure.
We need to play our best 11 today. on 17:58 - Nov 28 with 2553 viewsdingdangblue

We need to play our best 11 today. on 17:30 - Nov 28 by 1mark1

Or people that care deeply about the club and team, and want to express their honest held beliefs and thoughts.

One could argue that this is the place to express those views and thoughts, rather than expressing them in earshot of the players and or manager.

I do hope people do keep expressing their thoughts because it would be very boring if everyone just expressed the thoughts that the management or the club would like to hear.

Slagging off Lancashire when Port Vale scored today isn't constructive though. Thats just petty and negative. Might as well slag off Pereira who played a part in the goal also? Anyway great win today - just hope we are as positive next Sunday and dont go into our shells again on telly and against bury.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

We need to play our best 11 today. on 18:12 - Nov 28 with 2510 viewsnordenblue

We need to play our best 11 today. on 17:19 - Nov 28 by dingdangblue

The team sheet wasn't negative today? Midfield / forward line of Camps,O'Sullivan,Hendo,Bunney,Hooper and Andrew - there's not a defender amoungst them.

Names on a sheet dont mean an attacking intent,formations,high tempo and playing with more than 1 up front at home does.
Jesus wept we've played Bunney at full back its hardly an attacking option regardless of name
We need to play our best 11 today. on 18:17 - Nov 28 with 2472 views1mark1

We need to play our best 11 today. on 17:58 - Nov 28 by dingdangblue

Slagging off Lancashire when Port Vale scored today isn't constructive though. Thats just petty and negative. Might as well slag off Pereira who played a part in the goal also? Anyway great win today - just hope we are as positive next Sunday and dont go into our shells again on telly and against bury.

I understand that, but why not just reply to the particular post you dislike, instead of posting a generalisation about "negative posters".

Yes lets hope we go for it next week, nothing to be gained from not being positive, the best chance of beating them.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

We need to play our best 11 today. on 18:21 - Nov 28 with 2432 views442Dale

We need to play our best 11 today. on 18:12 - Nov 28 by nordenblue

Names on a sheet dont mean an attacking intent,formations,high tempo and playing with more than 1 up front at home does.
Jesus wept we've played Bunney at full back its hardly an attacking option regardless of name

That intent was there today though. Credit where it's due, watching us play like that is always entertaining.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

We need to play our best 11 today. on 18:24 - Nov 28 with 2407 viewsD_Alien

O'Sullivan. Not on the pitch long enough to make an impression, but it's great to have players like McDermott coming off the bench and turning the screw when we needed it.

Donal's been in the thick of the action for most of our goals recently.

And I now know what Hilly's plan is with Bunney. It's to give the opposition a false sense of security before unleashing someone like NML

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

We need to play our best 11 today. on 18:25 - Nov 28 with 2406 viewsnordenblue

We need to play our best 11 today. on 18:21 - Nov 28 by 442Dale

That intent was there today though. Credit where it's due, watching us play like that is always entertaining.

Fair play its about time to be honest 442 some of the recent "displays" would prove a good cure for insomnia.
I cant comment on today as i wasn't there but beating a team thats won 3/4 on the trot isnt easy so well done on that.
We need to play our best 11 today. on 18:25 - Nov 28 with 2402 viewsJimmyRustler

We need to play our best 11 today. on 18:21 - Nov 28 by 442Dale

McDermott's introduction changed the game. No idea why this lad doesn't start. Absolutely dumbfounded
We need to play our best 11 today. on 18:31 - Nov 28 with 2370 viewsroccydaleian

We need to play our best 11 today. on 18:25 - Nov 28 by JimmyRustler

McDermott's introduction changed the game. No idea why this lad doesn't start. Absolutely dumbfounded

Thought McDermott was MOM today, great stuff. Hooper was superb as well.
Login to get fewer ads

We need to play our best 11 today. on 18:35 - Nov 28 with 2340 viewsD_Alien

Given the conditions, and the way he gets a bit leggy in the second half when starting, I reckon Hilly got it right with him today.

He's someone who gets the crowd onto their feet and hurts the opposition, just needs to be able to last 90 minutes. With the game there to be won, he did make that difference.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

We need to play our best 11 today. on 18:35 - Nov 28 with 2335 viewsBartRowou

Hill was interviewed after the game and was asked about Donal. He came out with some psychobabble about the pair of them having an amazing relationship on the training pitch and so on. Apparently they might have hit on something that will help Donal's fitness because he physically can't do 90 minutes week in, week out which is why he is in and out of the team. Hill said we'll see the best of him in the second half of the season when he should be able to stay on the pitch longer.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

We need to play our best 11 today. on 18:40 - Nov 28 with 2300 viewsSuddenLad

We need to play our best 11 today. on 18:35 - Nov 28 by BartRowou

Hill was interviewed after the game and was asked about Donal. He came out with some psychobabble about the pair of them having an amazing relationship on the training pitch and so on. Apparently they might have hit on something that will help Donal's fitness because he physically can't do 90 minutes week in, week out which is why he is in and out of the team. Hill said we'll see the best of him in the second half of the season when he should be able to stay on the pitch longer.

I'm always baffled by this - 'can't last 90 minutes' - line.

Are these professional sportsmen, who train several times a week ? I don't get it.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

We need to play our best 11 today. on 18:44 - Nov 28 with 2270 viewsBobbyjoe

Perhaps a sad indictment of the modern game; 70 minutes of attrition to produce the conditions for flair players to exploit. The overall standard of competence and athleticism of players is so uniformly high these days, it often produces dull fare. Not a criticism just a general observation.
We need to play our best 11 today. on 18:58 - Nov 28 with 2201 viewsscooby

been there before. Paddy couldnt last an hour... that was his downfall, outstanding skill and touch, just no fitness.
We need to play our best 11 today. on 19:27 - Nov 28 with 2118 viewsDickydaler

The result and way we played today tells me we did play our best eleven today. And to those that make their minds up not to attend games because we don't, or can't play like we did today every match then you've only got yourselves to blame for missing the good times. I, for one, haven't got time for you. Support of a team is through thick and thin!
We need to play our best 11 today. on 19:28 - Nov 28 with 2112 viewsirisaln

We need to play our best 11 today. on 18:24 - Nov 28 by D_Alien

O'Sullivan. Not on the pitch long enough to make an impression, but it's great to have players like McDermott coming off the bench and turning the screw when we needed it.

Donal's been in the thick of the action for most of our goals recently.

And I now know what Hilly's plan is with Bunney. It's to give the opposition a false sense of security before unleashing someone like NML

Thanks for clearing up the Joe Bunney selection for me. I just thought Hill liked to play with 10 men every week!!!!!!!!
Poor distribution from the keeper.

None the less a good game and well done the Dale.
We need to play our best 11 today. on 19:36 - Nov 28 with 1914 viewsnordenblue

We need to play our best 11 today. on 19:27 - Nov 28 by Dickydaler

The result and way we played today tells me we did play our best eleven today. And to those that make their minds up not to attend games because we don't, or can't play like we did today every match then you've only got yourselves to blame for missing the good times. I, for one, haven't got time for you. Support of a team is through thick and thin!

Sometimes more thick than thin id say
We need to play our best 11 today. on 19:50 - Nov 28 with 1889 views1mark1

We need to play our best 11 today. on 19:27 - Nov 28 by Dickydaler

I couldn't give a toss whether you haven't got time for us. I for one won't be told by the likes of YOU whether to attend or not attend a game, as I can't always afford to go, and unlike some, I have a life outside football.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2015 20:39]

We need to play our best 11 today. on 19:56 - Nov 28 with 1866 viewsisitme

We need to play our best 11 today. on 19:50 - Nov 28 by 1mark1

I couldn't give a toss whether you haven't got time for us. I for one won't be told by the likes of YOU whether to attend or not attend a game, as I can't always afford to go, and unlike some, I have a life outside football.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2015 20:39]

Although you seem to be on this message board all the time.
We need to play our best 11 today. on 20:00 - Nov 28 with 1828 viewsNinco

We need to play our best 11 today. on 17:51 - Nov 28 by 1mark1

I think for the good of the team, and my health and fiances I might well give it a miss. I don't know yet.

All these wannabe football managers picking the team. Hill only won us two promotions, but lets not choose his team, lets choose yours instead because you think you can do better. Why aren't you all working as football managers?

You don't just pick the same players every week. You change it to make it less predictable to the opposition. You change the players for players who are better suited to that day's tactics/conditions/opposition. You take fitness levels and injuries in to account.

That is what Hill is doing, and it's not going to work out for him every week, just as it doesn't for other football clubs. If it did, we would be premier league, but he is doing very well considering we have one of the lowest budgets, not just in league 1, but in league 2 as well. If we were fighting relegation, I could understand people wanting to change things, but we are not, and if it works, you don't mess with it.
We need to play our best 11 today. on 20:15 - Nov 28 with 1789 views1mark1

We need to play our best 11 today. on 20:00 - Nov 28 by Ninco

All these wannabe football managers picking the team. Hill only won us two promotions, but lets not choose his team, lets choose yours instead because you think you can do better. Why aren't you all working as football managers?

You don't just pick the same players every week. You change it to make it less predictable to the opposition. You change the players for players who are better suited to that day's tactics/conditions/opposition. You take fitness levels and injuries in to account.

That is what Hill is doing, and it's not going to work out for him every week, just as it doesn't for other football clubs. If it did, we would be premier league, but he is doing very well considering we have one of the lowest budgets, not just in league 1, but in league 2 as well. If we were fighting relegation, I could understand people wanting to change things, but we are not, and if it works, you don't mess with it.

I haven't questioned the team put out today, or tactics deployed. In fact I take the line if we win, I don't really care who plays.

We need to play our best 11 today. on 20:21 - Nov 28 with 1769 views1mark1

We need to play our best 11 today. on 19:56 - Nov 28 by isitme

Really? And how would you know. I am very capable of taking part in a message board, while spending time with my family, children and or grandchildren, watching tele, listening to the radio, surfing the web, etc etc. I have even sometimes posted on or read this mb while attending Dale matches before.

We need to play our best 11 today. on 20:29 - Nov 28 with 1734 viewsTalkingSutty

Watching football is an expensive hobby so i empathise with those who needed to divert their money into other directions, especially with Xmas up on us, it doesn't make them less of a fan.

Those that just couldn't be bothered to make the effort, there's no excuse really because we are now performing in league one, a tough league which involves more defeats than the Rochdale league.

Today was great, crap weather and dark at 330PM but the match was a good one, i enjoyed it. PV tried to win the game and didn't seem hesitant in going forward which made for a open game. They took the lead but I always thought we looked like turning it around and we did.

Big Jim played well again, we had a midfield full of energy and pace, the Pearl didn't want to score but played well, perfect penalty by Hendo and Bennett deserved MOTM. Nothing much wrong today and its a week that reaped six points out of nine which isn't to be sniffed at.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2015 20:47]
We need to play our best 11 today. on 20:46 - Nov 28 with 1645 viewsDale23years

We need to play our best 11 today. on 19:56 - Nov 28 by isitme

What the fcuk has it got to do with you anyway if on this board all the time.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

We need to play our best 11 today. on 21:01 - Nov 28 with 1593 views1mark1

We need to play our best 11 today. on 20:46 - Nov 28 by Dale23years

What the fcuk has it got to do with you anyway if on this board all the time.

Well you see, some people like to make comment on what others do or not do. He or she probably thinks that by not being at a game, a Dale fan is letting the side down, not being the perfect Dale fan like them.

[Post edited 28 Nov 2015 21:22]

We need to play our best 11 today. on 21:07 - Nov 28 with 1569 viewsJimmyRustler

We need to play our best 11 today. on 18:35 - Nov 28 by D_Alien

Given the conditions, and the way he gets a bit leggy in the second half when starting, I reckon Hilly got it right with him today.

He's someone who gets the crowd onto their feet and hurts the opposition, just needs to be able to last 90 minutes. With the game there to be won, he did make that difference.

I'd much rather him start and affect the game beyond doubt tbh. That first half was absolutely dire and crying out for a player like him.

It's honestly a disgrace that he can't last 90 minutes (unless he has some sort of debilitating condition of course). Don't we have a fitness/conditioning coach?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024