Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We need to play our best 11 today. 10:35 - Nov 28 with 10264 viewsJimmyRustler

Eastham HAS to start.
McDermott HAS to start.
Vincenti HAS to start.
Alessandra SHOULD be given a run out.

We've persevered with Bunney for long enough. It's time for something new. Today is almost a must win and the whole squad (including KH) needs a confidence boost. Anything other than a victory today is failure.
We need to play our best 11 today. on 10:49 - Nov 28 with 5862 viewsaleanddale

No mugs Port Vale.. They are not going to roll over and have there belly rubbed!

Hilly will ultimately decide the truth is we don't know half of how players perform in training.

On paper I agree it would be nice to see a perceived best starting 11 but with niggling injuries - attitude and a whole host of other factors do we really know what that is?

Very harsh on Bunny as well - played a lot better of late.
We need to play our best 11 today. on 11:06 - Nov 28 with 5824 viewsdale1968

Totally agree but will it happen??
NO

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

We need to play our best 11 today. on 11:49 - Nov 28 with 5725 viewsisitme

I agree.

I don't think Hill will put out what he thinks are the best 11 available players are for this game based on the opposition, current form, weather etc!

Obviously he sets out to lose games.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2015 12:14]
We need to play our best 11 today. on 12:18 - Nov 28 with 5635 viewssandy_dale

Let's be honest, Eastham WONT play, lancashire definitely WILL play.
We need to play our best 11 today. on 12:22 - Nov 28 with 5623 viewsborntogo

We need to play our best 11 today. on 11:49 - Nov 28 by isitme

I agree.

I don't think Hill will put out what he thinks are the best 11 available players are for this game based on the opposition, current form, weather etc!

Obviously he sets out to lose games.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2015 12:14]

He sets teams out primarily not to lose. He used to set them out to win. The difference is both subtle but immense and is the reason there will be hardly any floating Daleys up at Spotland today and each of us who are addicted are travelling up there with, let's be honest, not a great deal of expectation or joy in our hearts.
We need to play our best 11 today. on 12:33 - Nov 28 with 5598 viewsTalkingSutty

We need to play our best 11 today. on 12:22 - Nov 28 by borntogo

He sets teams out primarily not to lose. He used to set them out to win. The difference is both subtle but immense and is the reason there will be hardly any floating Daleys up at Spotland today and each of us who are addicted are travelling up there with, let's be honest, not a great deal of expectation or joy in our hearts.

I agree with how we seem to set up for games, we seem to be more concerned in the strengths of the opposition and neglect our own strengths. These are a supporters observations and I don't profess to be clued up on how to approach a game of professional football. I just know we perform better when on the front foot, which seems to have been in evidence when chasing the game most of the time.

I feel expectant though today, see how the new keeper performs ( He looked good at Donny) and also the lad from Blackburn. Big televised game next Sunday so I am expecting those with the shirt to make it difficult for Hilly to drop them. A win gives us 6 out of the last 9 points which would be a good return, so there's plenty to look forward to this afternoon.
We need to play our best 11 today. on 13:04 - Nov 28 with 5548 viewsaleanddale

This horrendous weather will have already put off and floater / undecided.

I am timing my arrival at Spotland today for 2.59pm!!

One for the hardy Dale Fan this afternoon. 2350 in attendance and 400 of these from Stoke on Trent!
We need to play our best 11 today. on 13:14 - Nov 28 with 5511 viewsdingdangblue

We need to play our best 11 today. on 12:22 - Nov 28 by borntogo

Dont know about negative Hill - this message board has plenty of negative fans.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

We need to play our best 11 today. on 14:58 - Nov 28 with 5373 viewssandylaner1

we aren't doing

again
We need to play our best 11 today. on 15:22 - Nov 28 with 5335 viewsinthenet

we haven't even played our best 6

Rastrickblue

We need to play our best 11 today. on 15:25 - Nov 28 with 5328 viewsscooby

We need to play our best 11 today. on 13:14 - Nov 28 by dingdangblue

is stating reality negative? something odd going on / has changed. different mindset and it is rubbing off on the players and fans.
We need to play our best 11 today. on 15:59 - Nov 28 with 5258 viewsdingdangblue

We need to play our best 11 today. on 15:25 - Nov 28 by scooby

is stating reality negative? something odd going on / has changed. different mindset and it is rubbing off on the players and fans.

Playing very positive today? Hows that negative.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

We need to play our best 11 today. on 16:20 - Nov 28 with 5233 viewsnordenblue

We need to play our best 11 today. on 12:33 - Nov 28 by TalkingSutty

I agree with how we seem to set up for games, we seem to be more concerned in the strengths of the opposition and neglect our own strengths. These are a supporters observations and I don't profess to be clued up on how to approach a game of professional football. I just know we perform better when on the front foot, which seems to have been in evidence when chasing the game most of the time.

I feel expectant though today, see how the new keeper performs ( He looked good at Donny) and also the lad from Blackburn. Big televised game next Sunday so I am expecting those with the shirt to make it difficult for Hilly to drop them. A win gives us 6 out of the last 9 points which would be a good return, so there's plenty to look forward to this afternoon.

People sat in the stands see the team set up to be defensive and as a home fixture i find it incredibly boring and negative to watch,id hazard a guess i wont be the only one.
I made a choice not to bother yet again today no doubt so have many others,pretty sad really even more so when playing a home fixture.
We need to play our best 11 today. on 16:57 - Nov 28 with 5177 viewsdingdangblue

We need to play our best 11 today. on 16:20 - Nov 28 by nordenblue

People sat in the stands see the team set up to be defensive and as a home fixture i find it incredibly boring and negative to watch,id hazard a guess i wont be the only one.
I made a choice not to bother yet again today no doubt so have many others,pretty sad really even more so when playing a home fixture.

Your loss today, cracking game.

We need to play our best 11 today. on 17:01 - Nov 28 with 5164 views1mark1

We need to play our best 11 today. on 16:57 - Nov 28 by dingdangblue

Your loss today, cracking game.

I would rather be happy having missed a game that we have won, then turn up to some of the games that I have attended and been bored stiff, and or with a crap performance and lost. Especially when money is tight, and can be spent on more important things.

UP THE DALE.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

We need to play our best 11 today. on 17:19 - Nov 28 with 5103 viewsdingdangblue

We need to play our best 11 today. on 16:20 - Nov 28 by nordenblue

The team sheet wasn't negative today? Midfield / forward line of Camps,O'Sullivan,Hendo,Bunney,Hooper and Andrew - there's not a defender amoungst them.

We need to play our best 11 today. on 17:27 - Nov 28 with 5051 views442Dale

We need to play our best 11 today. on 17:19 - Nov 28 by dingdangblue

The team sheet wasn't negative today? Midfield / forward line of Camps,O'Sullivan,Hendo,Bunney,Hooper and Andrew - there's not a defender amoungst them.

I think that's the main thing that came out of today, that wasn't a team set out to contain, and we were as positive as we've been for a long time.

The criticisms may well be justified previously but Hill sent out a team to go at the opposition today,everything was done on the front foot - players like Hooper, Camps and MCDermott (and O'Sullivan before his correct withdrawal) will always look to turn and go forward. It really was great to watch in the second half, and while things didn't always go right we were going at them with players running at defenders.

Hooper was a revelation, a lot of similarities between him and McDermott and the two dovetailed really well. Credit to Camps in the holding role too, he's much better there than further forward when he tries the killer ball too often. Andrew had a decent game as well, his finishing let him down again though. Good to see Bennett back on form at full back too.

Still don't get the keeper situation, because the distribution from the loanee is really not so great.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

We need to play our best 11 today. on 17:30 - Nov 28 with 5023 views1mark1

We need to play our best 11 today. on 13:14 - Nov 28 by dingdangblue

Or people that care deeply about the club and team, and want to express their honest held beliefs and thoughts.

One could argue that this is the place to express those views and thoughts, rather than expressing them in earshot of the players and or manager.

I do hope people do keep expressing their thoughts because it would be very boring if everyone just expressed the thoughts that the management or the club would like to hear.

We need to play our best 11 today. on 17:35 - Nov 28 with 4983 views442Dale

We need to play our best 11 today. on 17:30 - Nov 28 by 1mark1

Or people that care deeply about the club and team, and want to express their honest held beliefs and thoughts.

One could argue that this is the place to express those views and thoughts, rather than expressing them in earshot of the players and or manager.

I do hope people do keep expressing their thoughts because it would be very boring if everyone just expressed the thoughts that the management or the club would like to hear.

I agree completely with that last line. However anyone who missed the game today also missed a really positive display. Constructive criticism of the performances and tactics recently were justified, Hill and his players have responded.

We need to play our best 11 today. on 17:39 - Nov 28 with 4933 viewsD_Alien

The team was set up more positively, but we still started on the back foot with PV quicker to the ball and in the heavy conditions, looking more up for it.

Slowly but surely, we started to get a grip and whilst I too thought the penalty was a bit dubious - as did others around me, saying it'll be a yellow for a dive - we deserved to go in at half time level.

I'm not going to say anything about the gamesmanship from PV. We should be well used to it by now from the opposition at home, and in the past we've not coped with it. Today, our positive setup worked and when NML finally blasted the ball home after we'd come close several times it was absolute justice.

Just one more thing. Hendo is treading a fine line with his niggling fouls. He got their player sent off but if the ref had been looking earlier he might easily have gone as well.

Overall, well pleased I made the effort. I'd considered giving it a miss but summat dragged me up to Spotland and after that performance, I remembered what it is. I just love seeing us put one over teams by simply being the better footballing side, the trademark of Hilly's reign.

"2-1 ... to the football team..."

[Post edited 28 Nov 2015 17:43]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

We need to play our best 11 today. on 17:41 - Nov 28 with 4912 views442Dale

We need to play our best 11 today. on 17:39 - Nov 28 by D_Alien

The team was set up more positively, but we still started on the back foot with PV quicker to the ball and in the heavy conditions, looking more up for it.

Slowly but surely, we started to get a grip and whilst I too thought the penalty was a bit dubious - as did others around me, saying it'll be a yellow for a dive - we deserved to go in at half time level.

I'm not going to say anything about the gamesmanship from PV. We should be well used to it by now from the opposition at home, and in the past we've not coped with it. Today, our positive setup worked and when NML finally blasted the ball home after we'd come close several times it was absolute justice.

Just one more thing. Hendo is treading a fine line with his niggling fouls. He got their player sent off but if the ref had been looking earlier he might easily have gone as well.

Overall, well pleased I made the effort. I'd considered giving it a miss but summat dragged me up to Spotland and after that performance, I remembered what it is. I just love seeing us put one over teams by simply being the better footballing side, the trademark of Hilly's reign.

"2-1 ... to the football team..."

[Post edited 28 Nov 2015 17:43]

Was it Henderson? Thought it was Rafferty but could be wrong.

Their player was fuming and Hill seemed to ask him what had gone on as he left the pitch.

We need to play our best 11 today. on 17:43 - Nov 28 with 4887 viewsR17ALE

We need to play our best 11 today. on 17:35 - Nov 28 by 442Dale

I agree completely with that last line. However anyone who missed the game today also missed a really positive display. Constructive criticism of the performances and tactics recently were justified, Hill and his players have responded.

And responded brilliantly.

That second half was one of the best second halves I've ever seen at Dale since the Shrewsbury 4-3 ten years ago to the day, featured by TVOS on another thread.

We were brimming with attacking intent and how Port Vale have escaped without an embarrassing score-line God only knows.

We've just arse raped (in the second half) an established League 1 club with miles more resources than we have. Time not to nit pick, but to enjoy!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

We need to play our best 11 today. on 17:45 - Nov 28 with 4866 views1mark1

We need to play our best 11 today. on 17:35 - Nov 28 by 442Dale

That's good to know , and you are someone who tells it as it is, you say it's crap if it is, decent if it is etc.

I do tend to miss good performances quite often, but often turn up to defeats and or crap performances.

We need to play our best 11 today. on 17:47 - Nov 28 with 4841 viewsisitme

We need to play our best 11 today. on 17:45 - Nov 28 by 1mark1

That's good to know , and you are someone who tells it as it is, you say it's crap if it is, decent if it is etc.

I do tend to miss good performances quite often, but often turn up to defeats and or crap performances.

Are you planning to go against Bury?
We need to play our best 11 today. on 17:51 - Nov 28 with 4816 views1mark1

We need to play our best 11 today. on 17:47 - Nov 28 by isitme

Are you planning to go against Bury?

I think for the good of the team, and my health and fiances I might well give it a miss. I don't know yet.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024