Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That's the Rochdale we all know! 17:39 - Nov 28 with 4905 viewsShun

That was more like it. The best we've played in weeks, probably since the opening 20 minutes of the Shrewsbury game. The second half especially reminded me of how we used to play, with pace and an absence of the fear that seems to have been apparent in our game of late.

Calvin had his best game so far this season, Bennett was excellent, and Hooper was a revelation. That reminded me a bit of Cannon's debut, how he seemed to come from nowhere and become a standout player.

A word for our opposition today. There are some games you play and you just know what to expect because it's the same every single year. When we play Burton we know we'll be playing against a boring team who invariably beat us 1-0. When we play Bradford we'll never have enough away seats for them and be castigated for days afterwards for fiddling attendance figures. Yet Port Vale, every single time, are horrible. And I mean just horrible.
That's the Rochdale we all know! on 17:42 - Nov 28 with 3906 viewsmoth5368

Very pleased with Hooper, came away feeling really upbeat & positive. Glad to feel that way again.
That's the Rochdale we all know! on 17:53 - Nov 28 with 3814 viewsD_Alien

I'm going to stick my neck out and say Calvin just had his best game in a Dale shirt. If he played like that every week, and added a bit more intent in front of goal, he'd be in the starting XI on merit and no question.

Hooper's a prospect. He looked like he'd been playing for years.

Agree with Rhys as MoM though, he's back to his best.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

That's the Rochdale we all know! on 17:57 - Nov 28 with 3766 viewsboffley

It;s always satisfying to win a game when we've had to come from behind but to beat a team who seem to have learned their football from the Darren Furguson coaching manual is a double bonus!!
[Post edited 28 Nov 2015 17:59]
That's the Rochdale we all know! on 18:23 - Nov 28 with 3622 viewsShun

That's the Rochdale we all know! on 17:53 - Nov 28 by D_Alien

I'm going to stick my neck out and say Calvin just had his best game in a Dale shirt. If he played like that every week, and added a bit more intent in front of goal, he'd be in the starting XI on merit and no question.

I'd probably agree with that. Calvin must like playing against Vale!
That's the Rochdale we all know! on 22:12 - Nov 28 with 3199 viewsstuartcryer

Calvin not good

wardle blue

That's the Rochdale we all know! on 22:27 - Nov 28 with 3149 viewsanimal8

That's the Rochdale we all know! on 22:12 - Nov 28 by stuartcryer

Calvin not good

I don't normally notice teams who dive and cheat ,but that today was embarrassing .I would never hope Dale ever resort to that .well done lads cheats don't prosper .
That's the Rochdale we all know! on 22:36 - Nov 28 with 3125 viewssince58

youd be hung d alian as I posted on another thread he couldn't score in a brothel and that's what he gets paid for .
That's the Rochdale we all know! on 23:43 - Nov 28 with 3020 viewsSaxonDale

Some views of Calvins performance from the PV (Not Peter Vinc3enti) board:

'Final mention to Calvin Andrew who was head and shoulders the best player on the park today. Seemed to play in the 'hole' and we couldn't cope. Every move seem to come through him (his flick won them the penalty). Good in the air, strong on the ball, 10x the player he was at Vale (at a higher level). I heard repeated shouts of how awful he was and how we should be dealing with him but we never truly managed to stop him. Good luck to the lad.'

'Calvin Andrew was a class above anything we had on the pitch, which is rather depressing.

'Finally, well done to Calvin Andrew who was a pain in the rear end all match - thankfully he didn't score from said 'rear end' today.'

'Calvin Andrew ran the show today. By far and away the best player. We just couldn't handle him.'

He gets a lot of (unwarranted imo) stick on this board and sometimes it is worth looking at opposition fans views on him (or indeed any player) and for the general part you'll realise he isn't as bad as some on here would like to portray.
Login to get fewer ads

That's the Rochdale we all know! on 00:02 - Nov 29 with 2957 viewssince58

That's the Rochdale we all know! on 23:43 - Nov 28 by SaxonDale

'Final mention to Calvin Andrew who was head and shoulders the best player on the park today. Seemed to play in the 'hole' and we couldn't cope. Every move seem to come through him (his flick won them the penalty). Good in the air, strong on the ball, 10x the player he was at Vale (at a higher level). I heard repeated shouts of how awful he was and how we should be dealing with him but we never truly managed to stop him. Good luck to the lad.'

'Calvin Andrew was a class above anything we had on the pitch, which is rather depressing.

'Finally, well done to Calvin Andrew who was a pain in the rear end all match - thankfully he didn't score from said 'rear end' today.'

'Calvin Andrew ran the show today. By far and away the best player. We just couldn't handle him.'

He gets a lot of (unwarranted imo) stick on this board and sometimes it is worth looking at opposition fans views on him (or indeed any player) and for the general part you'll realise he isn't as bad as some on here would like to portray.

if you say so
That's the Rochdale we all know! on 00:48 - Nov 29 with 2894 viewsaleanddale

Calvin was awesome today no question.

Ok not a true no 9 in a fox in the box sense.. But he was at the heart of all things good today!!

Up the Dale!!!
That's the Rochdale we all know! on 02:28 - Nov 29 with 2818 viewsTVOS1907

Sorry shun, I accidentally 'negged' your post when I meant to 'plus' it.

That's what drinking in Todmorden does for you!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

That's the Rochdale we all know! on 07:19 - Nov 29 with 2749 viewsrichfoad32

That's the Rochdale we all know! on 23:43 - Nov 28 by SaxonDale

Nice to see Calvin get some recognition from opposition supporters, particularly those that thought he was 'useless' when he played for them. Funny how many of them thought Hooper 'dived' for the penalty as well. I don't think it was a penalty it was a clean tackle, but Hooper was bought down by said tackle, he didn't dive. There's a big difference.

Other than that their board is almost a mirror image of ours. Posters veering from glorious highs to depths of despair in the space of a single game and others accused of being 'Debbie Downer's' who only appear to post after a defeat....Football supporters are the same nationwide it appears
[Post edited 29 Nov 2015 7:21]
That's the Rochdale we all know! on 07:57 - Nov 29 with 2723 viewsseasidedale

Couldnt get to yesterdays game, what position did Hooper play?
That's the Rochdale we all know! on 08:23 - Nov 29 with 2697 views442Dale

That's the Rochdale we all know! on 07:57 - Nov 29 by seasidedale

Couldnt get to yesterdays game, what position did Hooper play?

Attacking midfielder. Camps was sitting with Hooper and O'Sullivan/McDermott further forward. It worked well.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

That's the Rochdale we all know! on 10:12 - Nov 29 with 2546 viewsfitzochris

I was impressed with how we played yesterday - right from our first attack,which consisted of some slick passing and then forced Alnwick into a one-handed save.

All of our attacking players were busy, though I did feel for O'Sullivan coming off so early. He didn't look happy. Donal was class when he came on, however.

Their goal was a bit of a clanger from our point of view, and we did have a few let offs later on, but we kept at it, despite the conditions and got what we deserved. As was sang in the Pearl Street: "2-1 to the football team"

Calvin had a great game that went beyond winning headers and Hooper stood out, too. Pereira's star jump in the face of their big number 9 was hilarious, n'all.

As for Port Vale, what a useless bunch. Falling over at every opportunity and having the temerity to complain if we did anything remotely similar. There was an instant where the ball came into the Pearl Street, my brother-in-law caught it, thew it back to Alnwick (it was a good throw) and he let it bounce past him before casually walking to retrieve it. Summed up what they were all about. They got what they deserved.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2015 18:32]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

That's the Rochdale we all know! on 11:02 - Nov 29 with 2442 viewsaleanddale

That's the Rochdale we all know! on 10:12 - Nov 29 by fitzochris

I was impressed with how we played yesterday - right from our first attack,which consisted of some slick passing and then forced Alnwick into a one-handed save.

All of our attacking players were busy, though I did feel for O'Sullivan coming off so early. He didn't look happy. Donal was class when he came on, however.

Their goal was a bit of a clanger from our point of view, and we did have a few let offs later on, but we kept at it, despite the conditions and got what we deserved. As was sang in the Pearl Street: "2-1 to the football team"

Calvin had a great game that went beyond winning headers and Hooper stood out, too. Pereira's star jump in the face of their big number 9 was hilarious, n'all.

As for Port Vale, what a useless bunch. Falling over at every opportunity and having the temerity to complain if we did anything remotely similar. There was an instant where the ball came into the Pearl Street, my brother-in-law caught it, thew it back to Alnwick (it was a good throw) and he let it bounce past him before casually walking to retrieve it. Summed up what they were all about. They got what they deserved.

The OP and Fitz sum it up for me perfectly.

The footballing side won 2-1.

Vale got what they deserved... Nowt. What crappy spoiling tactics they employed reminded me of posh under Darren ferguson.
That's the Rochdale we all know! on 11:07 - Nov 29 with 2429 viewsisitme

That's the Rochdale we all know! on 10:12 - Nov 29 by fitzochris

Their keeper was a joke (although he made some good saves). He was trying to engage in mind games before Henderson took the penalty, obviously that worked! A short while after he was giving loads of abuse to some guy who was walking past the goal in the Pearl Street who had obviously had a pop at him.
That's the Rochdale we all know! on 11:11 - Nov 29 with 2415 viewsYorkshire_Dale

That's the Rochdale we all know! on 02:28 - Nov 29 by TVOS1907

Where you at the fantastic Light Show..........managed to get through before they were closing the road at 19.00 hrs?
That's the Rochdale we all know! on 11:26 - Nov 29 with 2386 viewsTVOS1907

That's the Rochdale we all know! on 11:11 - Nov 29 by Yorkshire_Dale

Where you at the fantastic Light Show..........managed to get through before they were closing the road at 19.00 hrs?

No, we had been to Sowerby Bridge, but there were issues with the last train, so we came back to Todmorden for an hour, which turned into two hours!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

That's the Rochdale we all know! on 12:54 - Nov 29 with 2280 viewsD_Alien

That's the Rochdale we all know! on 02:28 - Nov 29 by TVOS1907

I was drinking in Tod last Sunday but it didn't affect my negging

[Post edited 29 Nov 2015 12:59]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

That's the Rochdale we all know! on 13:39 - Nov 29 with 2197 viewssweetcorn

Good performance. Felt downbeat when i saw the line up and thought we had 5 better players on the bench than we did in the starting line up.

Hooper was a revelation, cant believe how well he played. The main man for me however was donal. He has to start games, he can beat a man with ease and unlock a defence, ran their midfield ragged when he came on.

Down side for me was camps. People seem to like him on here, but for me i want a midfielder who looks after the football and retain possession, which is something camps seems incapable of doing at this point, constantly looking for the hero ball, which pays off 1 in 20 and simply invites pressure the other 19 times. I think his funeral song with be mariah carey..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

That's the Rochdale we all know! on 13:45 - Nov 29 with 2188 viewsdingdangblue

That's the Rochdale we all know! on 22:36 - Nov 28 by since58

youd be hung d alian as I posted on another thread he couldn't score in a brothel and that's what he gets paid for .

Set up both goals.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

That's the Rochdale we all know! on 13:52 - Nov 29 with 2168 viewsisitme

Funny how different people see games. I thought Camps had a good game, especially his work defensively. Something that possibly doesn't come that naturally.
That's the Rochdale we all know! on 14:00 - Nov 29 with 2141 viewsaleanddale

Camps has all the ability to be a top quality lg1 player...

Still young still learning!

Needs to cut out the Hollywood balls and bingo we have some player on our hands!
That's the Rochdale we all know! on 14:52 - Nov 29 with 2062 viewsboromat

I thought Camps played very well in a more defensive role. Made some good challenges running back and I think his play is pretty good he keeps it simple most of the time I don't see him trying the Hollywood pass every time and he has the ability to pull off those types of passes so why not try them every once in a while (ie assist for Hendo the other week). More importantly his movement was brilliant in front of the back two, if he wasn't in space to receive the ball he was making a run and taking players away allowing the back two to come forward with the ball.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024