Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That's the Rochdale we all know! 17:39 - Nov 28 with 4906 viewsShun

That was more like it. The best we've played in weeks, probably since the opening 20 minutes of the Shrewsbury game. The second half especially reminded me of how we used to play, with pace and an absence of the fear that seems to have been apparent in our game of late.

Calvin had his best game so far this season, Bennett was excellent, and Hooper was a revelation. That reminded me a bit of Cannon's debut, how he seemed to come from nowhere and become a standout player.

A word for our opposition today. There are some games you play and you just know what to expect because it's the same every single year. When we play Burton we know we'll be playing against a boring team who invariably beat us 1-0. When we play Bradford we'll never have enough away seats for them and be castigated for days afterwards for fiddling attendance figures. Yet Port Vale, every single time, are horrible. And I mean just horrible.
That's the Rochdale we all know! on 18:26 - Nov 29 with 1091 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Was away this weekend so cannot comment on performance but by all accounts everyone played well including Calvin. Nice to hear and credit where credit is due to the bloke. For those offering more waxlyrical posts re Calvin I would, however, exercise a little caution. Remember, we've here before when he put in a barnstormer against Shrewsbury in September. We all thought he may kick on from that but he went on to produce very little in the following two months. That game saw some feeling confident enough to compare him with some very good ex Dale players which turned out to be extremely undeserved. Let's see if he can do this on a consistent basis before we start getting over excited. He's done this throughout his career. Good performances on a very inconsistent basis. There is also the elephant in the room - GOALS - and would he mind chipping in with a few please. We'll see.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

That's the Rochdale we all know! on 19:04 - Nov 29 with 1007 viewsrich_dale

Camps did play well in an unfamiliar role anchoring the midfield - showed good maturity, kept the ball well generally and put himself about a bit. Donal was quality and the impetus for a lot of our good play, and Hooper looks like our next big find. Calvin showed he's a decent footballer and Rhys is getting back to his best. A word for McNulty too who was a rock.
That's the Rochdale we all know! on 07:23 - Nov 30 with 742 viewsaleanddale

That's the Rochdale we all know! on 18:26 - Nov 29 by BigDaveMyCock

Was away this weekend so cannot comment on performance but by all accounts everyone played well including Calvin. Nice to hear and credit where credit is due to the bloke. For those offering more waxlyrical posts re Calvin I would, however, exercise a little caution. Remember, we've here before when he put in a barnstormer against Shrewsbury in September. We all thought he may kick on from that but he went on to produce very little in the following two months. That game saw some feeling confident enough to compare him with some very good ex Dale players which turned out to be extremely undeserved. Let's see if he can do this on a consistent basis before we start getting over excited. He's done this throughout his career. Good performances on a very inconsistent basis. There is also the elephant in the room - GOALS - and would he mind chipping in with a few please. We'll see.

Agree with most of that.. But if Calvin replicates Saturdays performance and all the other forwards score on a regular basis from his intelligent play I would be happy if he never scored again!

You missed a great game.

Dale worthy winners on the balance of 90 mins.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024